Discuss Scratch

Co49
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Crimson & Co's College of Collaboration [Student]

dolphin_24 wrote:

1. Rickcall's username is spelled wrong in the last category.
2. Customer Service first.
3. I am horrible at art.
4. I just want to say I suck at art.
Thanks for the information, Crimson will be your tutor.

Candylanguagegirl wrote:

I am from Untitled inc and was told to take the art class here…
Okay, there are two divisions or branches: one for pixel art (tiles and sprites and project stuffs) and one for general art and visuals (backgrounds, signatures, requests, etc). Which one would you like to study? Tell Mewly, our arts tutor.
Sigton
Scratcher
1000+ posts

CrazyGoldfish3 wrote:

Sigton wrote:

I've done 1 lesson, where I had to make a custom block that takes an input from the player and decides whether the first letter is a consonant, vowel, number or other.

Sigton

Okay, so you got some Custom Block things…

I'll have your Lesson by tomorrow. Your hint~ Get ready to deal with lots of variables/lists.
That's how I roll!
My projects are a mess when it comes to variables and lists.

Sigton

shinkansen
Scratcher
100+ posts

Co49 wrote:

Standard Management Course - Questionnaire Scenario #2
You are the leader of a collaboration which has recently fallen inactive. You have rebooted but abandoned your last project because of little progress and it is all a mess. You have organised everything but you think your team are lacking motivation. Your task is to write a survey for your members to motivate them with at least six questions. You might want to:
-Show that you value your member's opinions
-Show that you value your member's ideas during decision process making (hint hint).
-Resolve the current inactivity crisis (re-organisation?)

Be creative!
Any questions, just ask!
-Co49

Deadline: 21/09/2015
Sorry I was sooooooooo late! I had school to deal with, so here you go!

1. What should be the new name of our collab?
2. Who should lead the new collab?
3. What will be our line of command? (director, manager, programmer, artist, advertiser, etc)
4. What should be our first project? (don't be afraid to pitch crazy ideas!)
5. What problems did you think we had in the past, and how can we address them in our new collab?
6. Rate the frequency that managers/other members acknowledge your participation. (1=They forgot I was a member, 10=All the time)
7. Should we take CCCC certification into consideration when reorganizing the hierarchy?

Last edited by shinkansen (Sept. 25, 2015 16:23:54)

when I receive [launch missile v]
forever

if <touching [the moon v] ?> then

say [Success!!!] for (2) secs
end

end
define 
KyleK7
Scratcher
100+ posts

KyleK7 wrote:

Hey, can I get a Standard Music and Programming for my training for Untitled Inc. and a Certified Collaborator Course for myself? Thanks.
I don't think I'm on the list, could you put me on there? Thanks.

Co49
Scratcher
1000+ posts

shinkansen wrote:

Sorry I was sooooooooo late! I had school to deal with, so here you go!

1. What should be the new name of our collab?
2. Who should lead the new collab?
3. What will be our line of command? (director, manager, programmer, artist, advertiser, etc)
4. What should be our first project? (don't be afraid to pitch crazy ideas!)
5. What problems did you think we had in the past, and how can we address them in our new collab?
6. Rate the frequency that managers/other members acknowledge your participation. (1=They forgot I was a member, 10=All the time)
7. Should we take CCCC certification into consideration when reorganizing the hierarchy?
You passed, nice questionnaire!

KyleK7 wrote:

KyleK7 wrote:

Hey, can I get a Standard Music and Programming for my training for Untitled Inc. and a Certified Collaborator Course for myself? Thanks.
I don't think I'm on the list, could you put me on there? Thanks.
Sorry for missing you off but we'll need to know the order that you would like to complete the courses in.
KyleK7
Scratcher
100+ posts

Music, then programming, then CCC, thanks.

CrazyGoldfish3
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Sorry, very busy day right now.

I'l take 1/3 Gaming, 1/3 Programming, and 1/1 Custom Blocks.

I'll have intro to Custom Blocks bumped up, Programming out tomorrow, and Gaming in 2 days.

CrazyGoldfish3
Scratcher
1000+ posts

First Sources/Syllabus~
Define Custom Blocks
Custom Blocks in general
The Procedures of Custom Blocks

Those are standard wiki introductions. So, basically what you've learned so far is that a Custom Block is a block that is used for special things that normal blocks can't do in just one block, like making Cloud Engines/Lists, Loops of any sort, Platformers, and much, much more. You've learned a basic introduction on how you will define them, and how they can fit into a procedure. So, let's begin with our first lesson!

There you go Custom Block Students!

Please give me any feedback you can think of, then I'll release Lesson 1!
MelonManatee
Scratcher
100+ posts

Hi, I am from the Untitled Inc. Collaboration. Could I please apply for the Standard Art course?

(Tic Tac)
Caramelised
Scratcher
81 posts

I am in the pending section and I am pretty sure that's right.

Hi I'm...:: motion hat
(C::events)(a::list)(r::events)(a::list)(m::events)(e::list)(l::events)(i::list)(s::events)(e::list)(d::events)::grey
(≧◔◡◔≦::custom)::sensing cap
Collabs: School of Scratch (Professor and Headmaster) The Kitty Times (Researcher) Everything You Want! (Reviewer and coder) PostMaster Inc. (Editor) The UltraRunner Shop (Idea Thinker) The Cat's Meow Shop (Coder and musician) The Aquarium's Gazette (Editor)
Mewly
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Next lesson in lineart, perhaps?

IDK, art is pretty hard and “open”, so I don't know in which direction to go.
ZLGames
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Mewly wrote:

Same with music. I have just been asking students what they want to do. (Music Creating, Identifying Music, Picking Out Music for Projects, etc.)

If you see this text, reply saying “I hate Skype emojis” and you will receive a prize from my magical prize box
KyleK7
Scratcher
100+ posts

ZLGames wrote:

Mewly wrote:

Same with music. I have just been asking students what they want to do. (Music Creating, Identifying Music, Picking Out Music for Projects, etc.)
I'd like to work on music creation.

Mewly
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Mmmm…

I'm considering taking/joining the music course… Problem is I'm already in the 6th (last) grade of music school and solfeggio and all that jazz…
Violinists are usually bad at that, but since I switched schools and got piano lessons, suddenly I understand everything, so I don't really know. Would it be worth it?

EDIT: can tutors attend other tutors' courses?

Last edited by Mewly (Sept. 26, 2015 17:51:57)

ZLGames
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Mewly wrote:

Mmmm…

I'm considering taking/joining the music course… Problem is I'm already in the 6th (last) grade of music school and solfeggio and all that jazz…
Violinists are usually bad at that, but since I switched schools and got piano lessons, suddenly I understand everything, so I don't really know. Would it be worth it?

I think so. I do piano too.

If you see this text, reply saying “I hate Skype emojis” and you will receive a prize from my magical prize box
Co49
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Candylanguagegirl wrote:

I am from Untitled inc and was told to take the art class here…
Cool, what branch are you thinking of doing?

KyleK7 wrote:

Music, then programming, then CCC, thanks.
Done,

MelonManatee wrote:

Hi, I am from the Untitled Inc. Collaboration. Could I please apply for the Standard Art course?
Nice, what branch are you thinking of doing?

Caramelised wrote:

I am in the pending section and I am pretty sure that's right.
Yep, you are in the pending area for art and programming with custom blocks because you are already studying music.

Mewly wrote:

Mmmm…

Sure, there is nothing against it.
Caramelised
Scratcher
81 posts

Oh okay, cool. Did I miss something where I was supposed to start music? Oops…

Hi I'm...:: motion hat
(C::events)(a::list)(r::events)(a::list)(m::events)(e::list)(l::events)(i::list)(s::events)(e::list)(d::events)::grey
(≧◔◡◔≦::custom)::sensing cap
Collabs: School of Scratch (Professor and Headmaster) The Kitty Times (Researcher) Everything You Want! (Reviewer and coder) PostMaster Inc. (Editor) The UltraRunner Shop (Idea Thinker) The Cat's Meow Shop (Coder and musician) The Aquarium's Gazette (Editor)
CrazyGoldfish3
Scratcher
1000+ posts

@Programmers

Sorry about not getting your course out, I'm juggling a lot of things on Scratch right now!
Co49
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Caramelised wrote:

Oh okay, cool. Did I miss something where I was supposed to start music? Oops…
I don't think so. ZLGames (your tutor) will probably want to know what area you would like to work on in music.