Discuss Scratch

ZozaTech
Scratcher
500+ posts

How fast do you type?

470 words per minute.

Loading signature….. ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ 100%
If you are a fan of me, feel free to join THIS

Click here to see how to get lots of followers!
Do you like my post? url=http://internetometer.com/give/45365]Give me an internet by clicking here!
Last edited by Kaj (Dec. 9, 2015 16:09:41)
CatsUnited
Scratcher
1000+ posts

How fast do you type?

ZozaTech wrote:

470 words per minute.
Sounds a bit fast. Are you sure it isn't 470 letters per minute (which is still fast)?

bottom text
Firedrake969
Scratcher
1000+ posts

How fast do you type?

Vetpetmon wrote:

50-60 WPM on my own keyboard(Mac OS X) and 35 WPM on any other Windows Keyboard. (Both looking at the keyboard.)

Window keyboards need to have more pressure to make sure it types. On the typing tests on the window keyboards, I get 25-35 WPM with %69 accuracy. Why poor accuracy? Yes, WINDOWS keyboards are terrible. Good thing I have a Mac OS X keyboard because it's a lot easier when typing. It's very sensitive, so I can quickly type on the key board, even when using 2 fingers! I hate typing the right way, but on the Mac keyboard, the bumps on F and J aren't high enough, but I have no problems.

The other reason why I hate typing the right way is because I can't see which key I'm pressing, so I have to constantly rearrange my hands, and slows me down, as well as the fact that I make a thousand more typos when not looking at the keyboard. (1 Typo per 10 minutes (looking)v.s 1 typo per 1 minute(not looking))
Um… you mean Apple vs other brand keyboards? Apple keyboards are all the same (but they're NOT OS X keyboards!), while other brands tend to differ in their keyboard styles. But those keyboards have absolutely nothing to do with Windows (besides the Windows key due to marketing)

'17 rickoid

bf97b44a7fbd33db070f6ade2b7dc549
VoltageGames
Scratcher
1000+ posts

How fast do you type?

bruh

reasons I find this number below what I actually do:
in 10 fast fingers you're given a random string of words without really knowing in advance what you want to type, so you've got to think fast. Plus, for 10FF, if you miss a word and start the next one you can't spend 0.1 seconds to go back, which I can do in a normal typing environment (like this one).

——edit: (didnt want to dbl post)

zozatech wrote:

470 words per minute.
BRUH
I think there's a typo somewhere in there.

Last edited by VoltageGames (Sept. 13, 2015 04:38:41)

i3-6100 / r9 380 / 8 gigs ram / 1 tb hdd

Click here to inflate my ego and thank me for my posts.

ZozaTech
Scratcher
500+ posts

How fast do you type?

CatsUnited wrote:

ZozaTech wrote:

470 words per minute.
Sounds a bit fast. Are you sure it isn't 470 letters per minute (which is still fast)?

VoltageGames wrote:

bruh

in 10 fast fingers you're given a random string of words without really knowing in advance what you want to type, so you've got to think fast. Plus, for 10FF, if you miss a word and start the next one you can't spend 0.1 seconds to go back, which I can do in a normal typing environment (like this one).

zozatech wrote:

470 words per minute.
BRUH
No i am serious. I did have 470. I tried it again and got 467

Loading signature….. ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ 100%
If you are a fan of me, feel free to join THIS

Click here to see how to get lots of followers!
Do you like my post? url=http://internetometer.com/give/45365]Give me an internet by clicking here!
Last edited by Kaj (Dec. 9, 2015 16:09:41)
VoltageGames
Scratcher
1000+ posts

How fast do you type?

ZozaTech wrote:

CatsUnited wrote:

ZozaTech wrote:

470 words per minute.

VoltageGames wrote:

bruh
http://i59.tinypic.com/wtalhg.png

zozatech wrote:

470 words per minute.
BRUH
BRUH
BRUH
SERIOUsLY BRUH
the world record is somewhere between 210-370 wpm afaik

i3-6100 / r9 380 / 8 gigs ram / 1 tb hdd

Click here to inflate my ego and thank me for my posts.

Firedrake969
Scratcher
1000+ posts

How fast do you type?

ZozaTech wrote:

CatsUnited wrote:

ZozaTech wrote:

470 words per minute.

VoltageGames wrote:

bruh

zozatech wrote:

470 words per minute.
BRUH
Fairly sure you mean 470 CPM…

also because 360 is the world record http://depo.com/worldrecord.html

Last edited by Firedrake969 (Sept. 13, 2015 14:41:51)

'17 rickoid

bf97b44a7fbd33db070f6ade2b7dc549
liam48D
Scratcher
1000+ posts

How fast do you type?

Woo hoo, I got 98 words per minute!

Here's the typing test I used.

I do like how easy it is to fake the results though. I promise the above is what I genuinely got!

202e-202e-202e-202e-202e UNI-CODE~~~~~
TheMonsterOfTheDeep
Scratcher
1000+ posts

How fast do you type?

liam48D wrote:

I do like how easy it is to fake the results though.
Yeah, in Tech II at my Middle School we used that typing test and I put 999 in as my WPM and my teacher was asking me how I did that.

Tech teachers should really learn about how browsers work - even if the thing didn't store everything in the URL bar, it would still be really easy to just Inspect Element.

my latest extension: 2d vector math
rollercoasterfan
Scratcher
1000+ posts

How fast do you type?

TheMonsterOfTheDeep wrote:

liam48D wrote:

I do like how easy it is to fake the results though.
Yeah, in Tech II at my Middle School we used that typing test and I put 999 in as my WPM and my teacher was asking me how I did that.

Tech teachers should really learn about how browsers work - even if the thing didn't store everything in the URL bar, it would still be really easy to just Inspect Element.
lol ikr?

when [chromometer altimeter v] = [5th length v] and [7th length v] with a [gap v] of (17) ::events hat
forge [chromometer v] altimeter until < (speed) = (velocity)> ::control cstart
switch places with (759 v) altimeters with value of (speed) ::looks
control [altimeter 1 v] at time (10):(17):(58) ::control
end
initialize sequence (24) so [object 3 v] moves to x (156) y (231) ::control
reveal [final answer v] and stop running this script ::events cap
SuperNicky
Scratcher
100+ posts

How fast do you type?

About 100 wpm

Ironbizmark
Scratcher
100+ posts

How fast do you type?

On average 65 WPM.

Bithexagon: Here
Universal OS: Here
Essential OS: Here
Cube(1s,1s): Here
My browser / operating system: MacOS Macintosh X 10.9.1, Chrome 31.0.1650.63, Flash 11.9 (release 900)

CatsUnited
Scratcher
1000+ posts

How fast do you type?

liam48D wrote:

Here's the typing test I used.

So I'm about as fast as an average touch typist?

bottom text
Shadeverse
New to Scratch
13 posts

How fast do you type?

If I had to roughly estimate, I'd say around 30-50 WPM. Though, right now, a key on my keyboard is sorta broken, so.

"Ambition is the path to success. Persistence is the vehicle you arrive in." - Bill Bradley

I am using a Windows 8 operating system on the Google Chrome browser, currently up-to-date. Flash version 18.0 (release 0)
katniss2014
Scratcher
99 posts

How fast do you type?

uh … im like in the middle … not EXTREMELY fast but not too slow (like my mom) im like …? average i guess

district 12 tribute!!!
Dets65
Scratcher
500+ posts

How fast do you type?

I'm about 60-80 wpm but it does fluctuate.

Hi, I am a person! (I'm pretty sure I'm a person. Can someone confirm that I am a person for me?)

life is beautiful, except when it's not
Vetpetmon
Scratcher
1000+ posts

How fast do you type?

Reached a new high record using a windows keyboard and not looking at it.

40 WPM >: P

I used NitroType as my test

I'm Vetpetmon or Rainbow-Wolf on there.

Pet peeve: Lag. Just, lag. Lag, lag, LAG SPIKE-
There is a need for perfection, even if it's unusual: www.vetpetmon.com
A retired Scratcher who won't be using scratch. I usually go on the forums. I mostly play Unturned, but sometimes, I make mods for games. Knows many programming languages: 100% of HTML, about 60% of CSS, 1% JS, 2% of C#, 50% TSC (for CS modding) and, 1% ASM. Is experienced at Beatbox. I also like writing stories about topics that are interesting to me. I'm well known for my variety of skills that range from programming, art, music, writing, and more. Yes, I have too many hobbies, and I am in 6 fandoms right now!
;
Arrown
Scratcher
40 posts

How fast do you type?

-deleted-

Last edited by Arrown (Sept. 19, 2015 00:56:47)

Arrown
Scratcher
40 posts

How fast do you type?

65 wpm.
0 errors.
i make lots of errors when typing as fast as i can but i tried not to so i hit backspace a lot lol.
Vetpetmon
Scratcher
1000+ posts

How fast do you type?

A good tip for typing is to go proofread a paragraph after typing it. I usually never misspell. If I did, and I don't check it, I'm gonna have my face burn red.

EDIT: I wouldn't try my method if your a slow reader. I can read 10 times faster than I can type, no joke. And if your saying reading that fast makes me lose memory of what I read, I remember things for at least 4 moths, even if I read that fast.

I wish Voltage Games was here so he could go BRUH at me a lot.

Last edited by Vetpetmon (Sept. 19, 2015 01:41:33)

Pet peeve: Lag. Just, lag. Lag, lag, LAG SPIKE-
There is a need for perfection, even if it's unusual: www.vetpetmon.com
A retired Scratcher who won't be using scratch. I usually go on the forums. I mostly play Unturned, but sometimes, I make mods for games. Knows many programming languages: 100% of HTML, about 60% of CSS, 1% JS, 2% of C#, 50% TSC (for CS modding) and, 1% ASM. Is experienced at Beatbox. I also like writing stories about topics that are interesting to me. I'm well known for my variety of skills that range from programming, art, music, writing, and more. Yes, I have too many hobbies, and I am in 6 fandoms right now!
;