Discuss Scratch

Fluidgamings_Sis
Scratcher
100+ posts

How fast do you type?

I am quite a fast typer, to be exact. I don't know and its always random!

The king Kumquat ate my signature.

http://imageshack.com/a/img907/5139/0SyAFS.gif
CatsUnited
Scratcher
1000+ posts

How fast do you type?

thegoldfish wrote:

Rumanti wrote:

goldfish678 wrote:

thing is i'm only, like, ten years old.
Certainly very fast for your age. When I was ten, I don't type correctly, and my speed was probably only 20 WPM.
well my hands do have to move around a little bit to type but i try to use all ten fingers (except for my pinkies, i only really use them for, like, the shift key). 20 wpm does sound like how most of the other kids in my grade would type.
I agree. When I was ten I probably wasn't too much slower than I am now.

bottom text
Deerleg
Scratcher
1000+ posts

How fast do you type?

Here.

I haven't been on for a while though.

TheDigitalDev
Scratcher
100+ posts

How fast do you type?

~100wpm top, 90-80wpm average

Call me Digi

My System: i5-6600k @ 3.5Ghz // Nvidia GTX 1070 // 8gb RAM // Windows 10 & Arch Linux
|| My GitHub || Sneak peak of my project
novice27b
Scratcher
1000+ posts

How fast do you type?

If you want to test your “off the top of your head” typing speed on linux, just run

time cat | wc -w
(Press Ctrl+D to finish)

Last edited by novice27b (Aug. 27, 2015 19:09:32)

i use arch btw
ZuluAyoub5
Scratcher
56 posts

How fast do you type?

I can say about 30-40 words per minute .

Good day sir!
CatsUnited
Scratcher
1000+ posts

How fast do you type?

novice27b wrote:

If you want to test your “off the top of your head” typing speed on linux, just run

time cat | wc -w
(Press Ctrl+D to finish)
Another reason why I want Linux.

bottom text
Znapi
Scratcher
500+ posts

How fast do you type?

CatsUnited wrote:

novice27b wrote:

time cat | wc -w
(Press Ctrl+D to finish)
Another reason why I want Linux.
Mac OS X has the same thing Darwin FTW.

I took two different online tests, got a 62 and a 70(wpm). I'm worse than I thought I was.

Last edited by Znapi (Aug. 28, 2015 03:24:51)

Prinseskat
Scratcher
1000+ posts

How fast do you type?

On typingtest.com I only got 60wpm with 8 errors. Then at school we have to learn how to touch type which is a bit different, so I'm much slower with that.

haha funny kumquat meme
TheMonsterOfTheDeep
Scratcher
1000+ posts

How fast do you type?

At typingtest I got 87 with three errors and at 10fastfingers I got 99 with 1 error. I guess punctuation and stuff really make a difference.

my latest extension: 2d vector math
CatsUnited
Scratcher
1000+ posts

How fast do you type?

I want to get to about 95+WPM in a year's time, and 60WPM without looking.

bottom text
Vetpetmon
Scratcher
1000+ posts

How fast do you type?

I type about 25 WPM while mot looking at the keuboard.

LOL I wrote that while not looking at the keyboard AND not the TV screen

Pet peeve: Lag. Just, lag. Lag, lag, LAG SPIKE-
There is a need for perfection, even if it's unusual: www.vetpetmon.com
A retired Scratcher who won't be using scratch. I usually go on the forums. I mostly play Unturned, but sometimes, I make mods for games. Knows many programming languages: 100% of HTML, about 60% of CSS, 1% JS, 2% of C#, 50% TSC (for CS modding) and, 1% ASM. Is experienced at Beatbox. I also like writing stories about topics that are interesting to me. I'm well known for my variety of skills that range from programming, art, music, writing, and more. Yes, I have too many hobbies, and I am in 6 fandoms right now!
;
Vetpetmon
Scratcher
1000+ posts

How fast do you type?

Deerleg wrote:

Here.

Are you in my School?

Everyone in my business class plays NitroType except me.

Pet peeve: Lag. Just, lag. Lag, lag, LAG SPIKE-
There is a need for perfection, even if it's unusual: www.vetpetmon.com
A retired Scratcher who won't be using scratch. I usually go on the forums. I mostly play Unturned, but sometimes, I make mods for games. Knows many programming languages: 100% of HTML, about 60% of CSS, 1% JS, 2% of C#, 50% TSC (for CS modding) and, 1% ASM. Is experienced at Beatbox. I also like writing stories about topics that are interesting to me. I'm well known for my variety of skills that range from programming, art, music, writing, and more. Yes, I have too many hobbies, and I am in 6 fandoms right now!
;
matey1234
Scratcher
1000+ posts

How fast do you type?

67 wpm. (without looking at the keyboard)

| Artist | Gamer | Roleplayer | Weirdo | Lazy |

Deerleg
Scratcher
1000+ posts

How fast do you type?

Vetpetmon wrote:

Deerleg wrote:

Here.

Are you in my School?

Everyone in my business class plays NitroType except me.
No, I don't think so (we don't have business classes).

ssss
Scratcher
500+ posts

How fast do you type?

Fairly sure typing tests that rely on random words following each other would be inaccurate, as they don't account for the fact that sentences become ingrained into our muscle memory - meaning that we can type these sentences faster without coming up with inaccuracies. >.>

But 80 - 100 if I'm doing these tests.

Generation 379: the first time you see this copy and paste it on top of your sig in the scratch forums and increase generation by 1. Social experiment.
CatsUnited
Scratcher
1000+ posts

How fast do you type?

ssss wrote:

Fairly sure typing tests that rely on random words following each other would be inaccurate, as they don't account for the fact that sentences become ingrained into our muscle memory - meaning that we can type these sentences faster without coming up with inaccuracies. >.>
ikr

Sentences such as “Scratch is the best” or “The cat jumped over the dog” or “Alas, dad had a glass salad” can be typed significantly faster than random words in my opinion.

bottom text
ssss
Scratcher
500+ posts

How fast do you type?

CatsUnited wrote:

ssss wrote:

ikr

Sentences such as “Scratch is the best” or “The cat jumped over the dog” or “Alas, dad had a glass salad” can be typed significantly faster than random words in my opinion.
Exactly. The more you do something, the easier it becomes. :3

Generation 379: the first time you see this copy and paste it on top of your sig in the scratch forums and increase generation by 1. Social experiment.
CatsUnited
Scratcher
1000+ posts

How fast do you type?

I feel very slow at typing compared to many of the people who have posted here even though I'm pretty much the fastest person at typing including the teacher.

Last edited by CatsUnited (Aug. 29, 2015 13:01:38)

bottom text