Discuss Scratch

TwistedCyclone2006
Scratcher
67 posts

Should a kid play games that has higher ratings than his/her age?

In my opinion, anyone should be allowed to play anything as long as they're old enough to know not to imitate the actions of characters in certain video games. If they don't understand this, then they should stick to video games for younger audiences. For an example, I wouldn't want a 4 year old playing GTA because at that age, you're pretty impressionable. However, a 12 year old playing GTA would be fine with me as long as they know that you shouldn't actually break the law in real life. All of this does not encompass p*rn; I think p*rn should only be viewed by people that are legally adults. So, as long as it isn't NSFW/NSFL and they know not to imitate the actions of characters in video games, anyone should be allowed to play anything.
whataloadofhooey
Scratcher
100+ posts

does nobody realise this topic is from 2015, and the op has also seemed to have left/abandoned scratch?

b r u h
CatsUnited
Scratcher
1000+ posts

whataloadofhooey wrote:

does nobody realise this topic is from 2015, and the op has also seemed to have left/abandoned scratch?
This topic is pretty much just become a debate as to how kids should handle content that's not in their recommended age group to view. If the QaS rules applied to this forum, this topic would probably by dead by now for necroposting

bottom text
ArtistPanda
Scratcher
100+ posts

Personally I think it's fine as long as they're mature enough to understand the content (WHAT they need to understand varies depending on what game) and their parents don't mind. I mean, I don't play many video games, but I'm 11 and I've seen MA-rated anime such as Tokyo Ghoul and Attack on Titan.

Nico they/them
SockedMonster
Scratcher
1000+ posts

In terms of old games, I find it stupid that my mum had to buy the PS Classic for me, but stuff like TV (Ghostwatch) or Film (insert film that has left a cultural impact for being spooky or mature) then I can kind of understand, because, ya know, Ghostwatch gave kids PTSD and unfortunately, someone took their own life after watching it. Basically, it also depends on the type of media.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣠⠤⠔⠒⠒⠒⠒⠒⠢⠤⢤⣀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⢀⠴⠊⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠉⠲⣄⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⡰⠃⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⢧⠀⠀
⠀⡸⠁⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢇⠀
⠀⡇⠀⠀⠀⢀⡶⠛⣿⣷⡄⠀⠀⠀⣰⣿⠛⢿⣷⡄⠀⠀⠀⢸⠀
⠀⡇⠀⠀⠀⢸⣷⣶⣿⣿⡇⠀⠀⠀⢻⣿⣶⣿⣿⣿⠀⠀⠀⢸⠀
⠀⡇⠀⠀⠀⠈⠛⠻⠿⠟⠁⠀⠀⠀⠈⠛⠻⠿⠛⠁⠀⠀⠀⢸⠀
⠀⠹⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢀⣀⣀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣠⠏⠀
⠀⠀⠈⠢⣄⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣀⣤⣚⡁⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⠙⠒⢢⡤⠤⠤⠤⠤⠤⠖⠒⠒⠋⠉⠉⠀⠀⠉⠉⢦
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢸⡀⠀⠀⠀⠀⣤⠀⠀⠀⢀⣀⣀⣀⠀⠀⠀⢸
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠈⡇⠀⠀⠀⢠⣿⠀⠀⠀⢸⠀⠀⣿⠀⠀⠀⣸
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⢱⠀⠀⠀⢸⠘⡆⠀⠀⢸⣀⡰⠋⣆⠀⣠⠇
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠳⠤⠤⠼⠀⠘⠤⠴⠃⠀⠀⠀⠈⠉⠁
passthepineapple
Scratcher
1000+ posts

SockedMonster wrote:

In terms of old games, I find it stupid that my mum had to buy the PS Classic for me, but stuff like TV (Ghostwatch) or Film (insert film that has left a cultural impact for being spooky or mature) then I can kind of understand, because, ya know, Ghostwatch gave kids PTSD and unfortunately, someone took their own life after watching it. Basically, it also depends on the type of media.
I just do stuff without my mum knowing. One time I watched “Nightmare on Elm street” with my friends. It was wild

Hey!~ I'm a simple forum user that likes a bunch of things. I am a fan of...
the colours im using are #64C4B7 , #6B63CC and #B863AF btw (#bringbackgladion!)
- CHARAT - LINE webtoon - Vocaloid - My hero academia - Pokémon - One Punch Man - RPG games - memes - JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
the CHARAT topic~
berryjam3506
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I watched a 15 rated movie when I was 6.
I'm still not even 15 yet.

It depends. If it's something like Smash Bros., then it's fine. If it's something like GTA, then nope.

Last edited by berryjam3506 (Oct. 19, 2019 11:18:42)

CatsUnited
Scratcher
1000+ posts

passthepineapple wrote:

SockedMonster wrote:

I just do stuff without my mum knowing. One time I watched “Nightmare on Elm street” with my friends. It was wild
I remember hearing a story about someone who didn't tell their parents about this sort of thing that they did until they were in their 20s.
I'm guessing that probably happens a lot.

bottom text
passthepineapple
Scratcher
1000+ posts

CatsUnited wrote:

passthepineapple wrote:

SockedMonster wrote:

I remember hearing a story about someone who didn't tell their parents about this sort of thing that they did until they were in their 20s.
I'm guessing that probably happens a lot.
Eh, blame my brother. He told me Borderlands was a kids game and I watched him play it when I was 7

- CHARAT - LINE webtoon - Vocaloid - My hero academia - Pokémon - One Punch Man - RPG games - memes - JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
the CHARAT topic~
CatsUnited
Scratcher
1000+ posts

passthepineapple wrote:

Eh, blame my brother. He told me Borderlands was a kids game and I watched him play it when I was 7
yeah that's false advertising from your brother

bottom text
passthepineapple
Scratcher
1000+ posts

CatsUnited wrote:

passthepineapple wrote:

yeah that's false advertising from your brother
be careful because hes currently right behind me studying for his exams lol
but tbh, Borderlands wasn't that bad, yeah there was lots of blood and other stuff but it was fun

the CHARAT topic~
LastContinue
Scratcher
500+ posts

berryjam3506 wrote:

It depends. If it's something like Smash Bros., then it's fine. If it's something like GTA, then nope.
There is no issue with GTA. I mean the torture scene in GTA V is a bit much, but it depends on the person.

They'll see worse stuff if left on YouTube Kids unsupervised than GTA…
dang spiderman and elsa
LiteNing-Piecey
Scratcher
100+ posts

LastContinue wrote:

berryjam3506 wrote:

There is no issue with GTA. I mean the torture scene in GTA V is a bit much, but it depends on the person.

dang spiderman and elsa
no

bad

Check out my Waifu2x Topic!
CatsUnited
Scratcher
1000+ posts

LastContinue wrote:

dang spiderman and elsa
I never trusted Youtube Kids, yet I've seen a lot of children fall victim to viewing content on Youtube Kids

bottom text
maverick78921
Scratcher
1000+ posts

SockedMonster wrote:

You would think games could be more traumatizing then movies cause you're actually interacting with it but idk im not a pshychochoclohsigisht

sorry for a lot of my old posts i used to be very cringe…
smm2 maker id: NJ2-S1H-NVF | all my memes | all my music | hand it over | forum stats
passthepineapple
Scratcher
1000+ posts

maverick78921 wrote:

SockedMonster wrote:

You would think games could be more traumatizing then movies cause you're actually interacting with it but idk im not a pshychochoclohsigisht
reminds me of broki broki literauter clob

the CHARAT topic~
NeonBlastSilver
Scratcher
66 posts

I've played M rated games but I'm 15 so I'm only 2 years younger than the age rating but honestly it just depends. The ESRB gives dumb ratings sometimes. (They once gave a VERY innapropriate game an E rating after all)
funnycoder
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I mean I watched JoJo and havent gone out killing peoples dogs and turning into a vampire

guys I clowend I accidentally answered E to something I cant change and im getting graded for it oh god please help me
Girls are rude NGL
Im going to propose to my girlfriend by saying: “Are you diamonds, because I want to make you into a sword and kill zombie with it”
LastContinue
Scratcher
500+ posts

CatsUnited wrote:

LastContinue wrote:

dang spiderman and elsa
I never trusted Youtube Kids, yet I've seen a lot of children fall victim to viewing content on Youtube Kids
My kids will grow up the same way I did.

Nintendo DS with an R4 full of games and an XBox Original.
homestarmy
Scratcher
100+ posts

yes
my parents dont let me play GTA: chinatown wars for the nintendo DS and nnow im sad

me funny
me cubetendo
please linK: https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/174675/
(no fake, only real, only best, only GRAPHICS)