Discuss Scratch

petsounds
Scratcher
500+ posts

Should a kid play games that has higher ratings than his/her age?

jji10 wrote:

petsounds wrote:

Of course you can! Ratings should just be suggestions, not objective truths!
I mean, unless it's an 18+ game. Then it's actually illegal.
that's why i say they should just be suggestions. nobody should get be fined or get into legal trouble for experiencing a work of art, unless if it's like a snuff film or something lol
TheRealNetherBefore
Scratcher
1000+ posts

petsounds wrote:

jji10 wrote:

petsounds wrote:

I mean, unless it's an 18+ game. Then it's actually illegal.
that's why i say they should just be suggestions. nobody should get be fined or get into legal trouble for experiencing a work of art, unless if it's like a snuff film or something lol
I don't think the child should get in any trouble, but in some situations I feel the parent should.

*Drinks ketchup*
there is no ethical consumption under capitalism my dudes
Small Games | Tips and Advice | Boredom Cat | Misc
Want to make a fantasy world everyone on scratch can use? Click here!
G'thorpax the Unspoken
LionHeart70
Scratcher
1000+ posts

It depends. I remember watching my dad play T/M-rated games when I was 5 and I wasn't too negatively affected. (I've also played a card game for 17+ last week and I'm only 14.. oops)
It depends on what's actually in the game that caused it to be rated that way too, I guess - as well as how mature the kid is.

lh70 / nora/tobi / she-they pronouns / pansexual-demisexual / 14 / sagittarius / furry / artist / intp / stop-motion films / lbp / fall out boy / panic! at the disco / twenty one pilots / stranger things / a series of unfortunate events
“When you have a bad day, a really bad day, try and treat the world better than it treated you.” -Patrick Stump
“Music seems to hold everything together. It seems to make things not so chaotic sometimes. It seems to make things make more sense sometimes.” -Tyler Joseph
“You'll fear your fears forever if you never do things you're afraid of.” -Josh Dun
“I'm still figuring out who I am, but I know I'm not who I was.” -Brendon Urie
lille457
Scratcher
1000+ posts

As long as they are mature enough to experience how morbid some of the higher rating games they are, I don't see a problem. I mean, The Sims is a T rated game and I played it a lot when I was around five or six.

I'm 19, which means I'm old enough, and mature enough, to play games of all ratings on the ESRB. My favorite visual novel, Danganronpa, is rated M, but when I went on the Amino for it, the place was full of children.

CatsUnited
Scratcher
1000+ posts

lille457 wrote:

I'm 19, which means I'm old enough, and mature enough, to play games of all ratings on the ESRB. My favorite visual novel, Danganronpa, is rated M, but when I went on the Amino for it, the place was full of children.
I thought the only M rated games that were full of children were GTA 5 and whatever the current Call of Duty is called

bottom text
lille457
Scratcher
1000+ posts

CatsUnited wrote:

lille457 wrote:

I thought the only M rated games that were full of children were GTA 5 and whatever the current Call of Duty is called
The average age for people on the Danganronpa Amino was around 10-13, with 14 being the maximum. I am obviously one of the grandma's on the site, apparently.

cs477778
Scratcher
100+ posts

bellesherman wrote:

Now, at my summer camp, I was assigned to a buddy. You may know what a buddy is if you live in the USA. But that isn't important. What is is that my buddy said that he liked to play GTA. Here's the bummer: He's only 8-10 years old. He said that his parents allowed him to play GTA. Now of course if you don't know much about video games, then GTA is rated M for Mature. That's 17+! And even more, it is rated AO, or Adults Only in some countries! Now, should that be allowed? I mean, I did play rated T games before even though I am ten. But should I? It's the same as asking about if my summer camp buddy should play GTA! What do you think? Should kids be able to play games that have ratings higher than their age if their parents allow them?

I think if it's like a slight rating change then yes. (For example an 8 year old playing a E for 10+ game, a 12 year old playing T for Teen Games , ect.)

I don't think they should play no matter the rating if there is, nudity, curse words (Cause they might grow up using them and get in serious trouble,), Blood/Gore, Racial Slurs, ect. Now usually these are all under Adult Only Ratings, (M, X, And AO) I think these games only 18+, unless a very mature teen, can play.

Wings of Fire OST Coming Soon to Youtube!

Planned Release Date- OST #1: Late November-Early December 2020
Planned Full Sountrack Length for Book 1: 1-1.5 hours

For More information about it, Click Here!
owlannaelsa
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I saw a PRIMARY SCHOOL KID in a backpack that said “Fortnite Legend” today. And I've seen Fortnite-branded tees in sizes lower than 12. FORTNITE IS RATED 12. IGNORE THE PINK BEAR AND PURPLE LLAMA. IT'S A SHOOT-TO-KILL GAME. JUST MORE SUGARCOATED THAN THE ONES YOU ALL KNOW.

IMPORTANT: do not stalk me. just because im active somewhere doesnt mean that you should stalk me to that place. please, its VERY annoying.
petsounds
Scratcher
500+ posts

owlannaelsa wrote:

I saw a PRIMARY SCHOOL KID in a backpack that said “Fortnite Legend” today. And I've seen Fortnite-branded tees in sizes lower than 12. FORTNITE IS RATED 12. IGNORE THE PINK BEAR AND PURPLE LLAMA. IT'S A SHOOT-TO-KILL GAME. JUST MORE SUGARCOATED THAN THE ONES YOU ALL KNOW.
oh no, what can we do about this absolute insanity
legit thought this was a copypasta lmao
PonyoPenguin
Scratcher
500+ posts

petsounds wrote:

Unfortunately, this isn't the case in the United Kingdom and a few other places. A retailer could get fined for selling a ten-year-old Smash Ultimate because it has a PEGI 12 rating.

do what makes you happy.
'cause at the end, who's there?
you.
funnycoder
Scratcher
1000+ posts

owlannaelsa wrote:

uh oh Fortnite infects the mind of the youth because its shoot to kill but lets forget about ave the world because we have to insult people who play the game will COD as more violence than fortnite

guys I clowend I accidentally answered E to something I cant change and im getting graded for it oh god please help me
Girls are rude NGL
Im going to propose to my girlfriend by saying: “Are you diamonds, because I want to make you into a sword and kill zombie with it”
lille457
Scratcher
1000+ posts

owlannaelsa wrote:

Fortnite is really popular with children for whatever reason despite it being rated T in the US.

CatsUnited
Scratcher
1000+ posts

lille457 wrote:

owlannaelsa wrote:

Fortnite is really popular with children for whatever reason despite it being rated T in the US.
>be kid
>8 year old
>you visit your friends house he playing cod
>mom can i have cod
>no.mp3
>y not
>because it's got blood and swearing and shooting and stuff
>SAD!
>hear about this game called “FORTNITE”
>mom can i have fortnite
>*mom scans fortnite epic style*
>bright color no blood no swearing AND it's free!! wow! you can play fortnite!!!!

Multiply that by 100 million and then throw in some Fortnite Youtubers, streamers, merchandise and there you go

bottom text
jji10
Scratcher
1000+ posts

CatsUnited wrote:

lille457 wrote:

owlannaelsa wrote:

>be kid
>8 year old
>mom can i have cod
>no.mp3
>y not
>SAD!
>mom can i have fortnite
>bright color no blood no swearing AND it's free!! wow! you can play fortnite!!!!

Multiply that by 100 million and then throw in some Fortnite Youtubers, streamers, merchandise and there you go
it hurts because it's true

“Yipee, I did it!” the man said with glee,
“I've solved that darned riddle, I've solved it, you see!”
The sphinx simply smiled and shook her strange head,
“I'm afraid you're wrong, and therefore you're dead.”
CatsUnited
Scratcher
1000+ posts

jji10 wrote:

CatsUnited wrote:

lille457 wrote:

owlannaelsa wrote:

>be kid
>8 year old
>mom can i have cod
>no.mp3
>y not
>SAD!
>mom can i have fortnite

if fortnite wasn't on mobile and wasn't free, the fanbase would probably be able 10% of the size it is IRL

bottom text
nickeljorn
Scratcher
1000+ posts

CatsUnited wrote:

jji10 wrote:

CatsUnited wrote:

lille457 wrote:

owlannaelsa wrote:

>be kid
>8 year old
>mom can i have cod
>no.mp3
>y not
>SAD!
>mom can i have fortnite

if fortnite wasn't on mobile and wasn't free, the fanbase would probably be able 10% of the size it is IRL

My eleven-year-Old brother plays Fortnite on Switch And once told me he’s spent over $100 in V-bucks (That’s not a typo). Would he be considered part of that 10%?

"Just what is the Summer Solstice, besides the day I melt into a puddle of fuzzy puppy fluff?”-Isabelle, Animal Crossing New Leaf
TheRealNetherBefore
Scratcher
1000+ posts

nickeljorn wrote:

CatsUnited wrote:

jji10 wrote:

-snip-

My eleven-year-Old brother plays Fortnite on Switch And once told me he’s spent over $100 in V-bucks (That’s not a typo). Would he be considered part of that 10%?
Depends- would he have found and played fortnite if it wasn't for its massive popularity and buzz?

*Drinks ketchup*
there is no ethical consumption under capitalism my dudes
Small Games | Tips and Advice | Boredom Cat | Misc
Want to make a fantasy world everyone on scratch can use? Click here!
G'thorpax the Unspoken
CatsUnited
Scratcher
1000+ posts

TheRealNetherBefore wrote:

nickeljorn wrote:

CatsUnited wrote:

jji10 wrote:

-snip-

Depends- would he have found and played fortnite if it wasn't for its massive popularity and buzz?
Plus, would if Fortnite wasn't massively popular, would it as high a priority to provide it for the Switch? COD Black Ops 4's Blackout Mode, PUBG and CS:GO's Battle Royale map are three other big battle royale games and none of them are on the Switch.

bottom text
funnycoder
Scratcher
1000+ posts

nickeljorn wrote:

CatsUnited wrote:

jji10 wrote:

CatsUnited wrote:

lille457 wrote:

owlannaelsa wrote:

>be kid
>8 year old
>mom can i have cod
>no.mp3
>y not
>SAD!
>mom can i have fortnite

I've spent $20 bucks on fortnite just to buy save the world on sale lol

guys I clowend I accidentally answered E to something I cant change and im getting graded for it oh god please help me
Girls are rude NGL
Im going to propose to my girlfriend by saying: “Are you diamonds, because I want to make you into a sword and kill zombie with it”
leapinleopardstar
Scratcher
500+ posts

PonyoPenguin wrote:

petsounds wrote:

Unfortunately, this isn't the case in the United Kingdom and a few other places. A retailer could get fined for selling a ten-year-old Smash Ultimate because it has a PEGI 12 rating.
No, they couldn't (as far as i know). Pegi 12 is like PG-13 / Teen (parental guidance recommended). And SSBU is rated E10+ in US.

A