Discuss Scratch

NoxSpooth
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Possible Solutions for the Problem of "ADD EVERYTHING" Studios

joshuaho wrote:

Soon. Berry soon.
Quote of the Year.

Last edited by NoxSpooth (Feb. 3, 2014 21:35:11)

joshuaho
Scratcher
1000+ posts

GameShnaz wrote:

Further more (as this issue is being solved), can this discussion be closed?
Soon. Berry soon.

College student studying Communication and Fire Technology, communication lab tutor, guitar and piano player, perfectionist, and just some guy who regularly eats and trains physically to stay healthy.
A-no-meep
Scratcher
100+ posts

NoxSpooth wrote:

FlowOS wrote:

Lightnin said that studios will soon have an option to remove your own projects!
Ah, good. Here's the stuff I support.
  • Being able to remove your projects from any studio. (we could do that in 1.4)
  • Notifying you when your project gets added to a studio, but have an option to enable/disable those messages.
  • Featuring a studio on a project, so that it would always be the first one at the studio list.
The bolded option is perfect. It helps prevent the studio feature scumming to dilution, allowing people to find studios that are based on a topic easier.

Last edited by A-no-meep (Feb. 3, 2014 23:53:04)

[ v]
A dropdown to nowhere
GameShnaz
Scratcher
73 posts

The answer to all your Add Everything questions whether or not it fits what you're asking.
“Soon. Berry Soon.” - Joshuaho

Last edited by GameShnaz (Feb. 3, 2014 23:58:45)

You may be sad to know that, um….. Wow, this is hard for me to tell you….. Ok, here it goes…. Tera has borrowed my signature, and refuses to give it back to me.
A-no-meep
Scratcher
100+ posts

davidkt wrote:

mathfreak231 wrote:

The problem has been solved as FlowOS and LeDerpy have showed. Can we all go home now?
^^
Yes.

[ v]
A dropdown to nowhere
they-might-be-cats
Scratcher
100+ posts

A-no-meep wrote:

davidkt wrote:

mathfreak231 wrote:

The problem has been solved as FlowOS and LeDerpy have showed. Can we all go home now?
^^
Yes.
yay
Twighlightsparkle
Scratcher
79 posts

they-might-be-cats wrote:

A-no-meep wrote:

davidkt wrote:

mathfreak231 wrote:

^^
Yes.
yay
woo!

How can I type? I got no hands. Why is my name Handy then? I am now mad at myself for asking that.. Eeh.

when green flag clicked
forever

play sound [Guilt of having no hands v] until done
forever
<not <mouse down?>>><[Anger] < [Slam Desk ]>
end

end
xlk
Scratcher
100+ posts

davidkt wrote:

mathfreak231 wrote:

^^
….
Seriously? Two people show up, problem solved. If only…

I'd believe the problem was solved if the two people that showed up were something along the lines of chuck Norris and Dr. Who, but 2 humans outnumbered by humans can't do THAT much.

downy
Scratcher
10 posts

xlk wrote:

davidkt wrote:

mathfreak231 wrote:

^^
….

I'd believe the problem was solved if the two people that showed up were something along the lines of chuck Norris and Dr. Who, but 2 humans outnumbered by humans can't do THAT much.

It will take longer but this is a good start

————————————————

Please don't hate me.
dima365
Scratcher
36 posts

I used to have nothing bad with ae studios ( I didn't love them) but now I can see why people hate them.

Scratch is Cool
dima365

(Do More Scratch)
say [Scratch is Cool v] for (Do More Scratch) secs
gigapouch
Scratcher
1000+ posts

This is a very true point. Seriously, new scratchers can wait for fame instead of clogging up project lists with AE studios!!

dracae wrote:

krish15 wrote:

StarscreamClone wrote:

scimonster wrote:

The last solution you posted seems like the best to me - let the project owner decided which studios get shown in the sidebar.
When i was a young Scratcher, i used add everything studios in the hopes that they would get viewed more. It didn't really work very well.

BTW, you might want to change the all-caps title…
+1

I also think a project owner should get a choice whether it gets added or not.

The notification could work like the curator invitation;
(so and so) would like to add your project (project name here) to the studio (such and such). Click here to accept.

Great idea! I support.
Did you guys even read the whole first post? ;P

And yes, I did read the first post. I also agree about what you said above.

I have a Steam account. If you have one too, feel free to add me to your friends list.
Also check out my YouTube channel if you like the outdoors, Minecraft, cars, roller coasters, etc.
gigapouch
Scratcher
1000+ posts

A-no-meep wrote:

NoxSpooth wrote:

FlowOS wrote:

Lightnin said that studios will soon have an option to remove your own projects!
  • Notifying you when your project gets added to a studio, but have an option to enable/disable those messages.
  • Featuring a studio on a project, so that it would always be the first one at the studio list.
The bolded option is perfect. It helps prevent the studio feature scumming to dilution, allowing people to find studios that are based on a topic easier.

Yes, every studio should have a featured project. Otherwise, you could always change the studio pic to a screenshot of one of the projects inside it.

I have a Steam account. If you have one too, feel free to add me to your friends list.
Also check out my YouTube channel if you like the outdoors, Minecraft, cars, roller coasters, etc.
mathfreak231
Scratcher
1000+ posts

xlk wrote:

davidkt wrote:

mathfreak231 wrote:

^^
….

They didn't just show up; they provided proof that the ST has finally responded.

i have grown as a person. and ive grown, literally. none of my posts from before 2022 represent me accurately.
giacomo78
Scratcher
51 posts

I have made one AE studio, but I never understood why people didn't want their projects to be added to them. Now I read this forum, and I understand. Thanks for making me understand!

Hello. PLEASE check out my projects! They're not all too bad…
NoxSpooth
Scratcher
1000+ posts

gigapouch wrote:

A-no-meep wrote:

NoxSpooth wrote:

FlowOS wrote:

Yes, every studio should have a featured project. Otherwise, you could always change the studio pic to a screenshot of one of the projects inside it.
The suggestion is about featuring a studio on your projects, not featuring a project on your studios.
TimothyLawyer
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I don't like the idea of projects that I added to my studios being deleted by someone else. It does not fit what I think should happen when something is shared.

BeetleBlocks, WatercolorBot, and Turtle Art
Hover over a name or label to translate into current language
When Earth was… Purple?

☂️

xlk
Scratcher
100+ posts

TimothyLawyer wrote:

I don't like the idea of projects that I added to my studios being deleted by someone else. It does not fit what I think should happen when something is shared.
Well, do you take all the samples at a “free sample” stand? No
People share projects, but they're not there to have a ton of studios spammed on to it. I hate to say this, but AE is pointless as long as the explore tab exists.

TimothyLawyer
Scratcher
1000+ posts

xlk wrote:

TimothyLawyer wrote:

Well, do you take all the samples at a “free sample” stand? No
No, it would not be fair to take all the free samples.

But if I made a list of the free samples I like and shared that list with others…

I do not think someone should be able to come along and remove an item from my list but leave it on someone else's list.

That would not be fair.

xlk wrote:

People share projects, but they're not there to have a ton of studios spammed on to it.
I agree with you that the number of AE studios being added to projects is a problem. But I do not agree on the solution.

xlk wrote:

I hate to say this, but AE is pointless as long as the explore tab exists.
In general, I disagree with AE studios.* But even if they are pointless to me, they are not pointless to the people who are making them. I think it is important to respect a diversity of viewpoints. Those who add a ton of projects to one studio aren't trying to harm Scratch, they are trying to show their enthusiasm for Scratch projects. Enthusiasm for Scratch projects is a good thing. But in the case of AE studios, it does lead to the problem we are having now, even if not intentionally.

The crux of the problem is what is shown in the studios space on a project page. If you like AE studios, you probably want to see AE studios here. If you do not, then you probably don't. So I think a solution that addresses people's preference for this space is how to resolve this.

* There is a recent ingenious AE studio using heuristics that is worth checking out, in my opinion.

Last edited by TimothyLawyer (Feb. 5, 2014 22:20:26)

BeetleBlocks, WatercolorBot, and Turtle Art
Hover over a name or label to translate into current language
When Earth was… Purple?

☂️

joshuaho
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I just got notice from Paddle2See that the ability to remove projects from a studio will hopefully be implemented this week!! Soon - berry soon, a huge portion of the problems of Add Everything studios will be solved!

College student studying Communication and Fire Technology, communication lab tutor, guitar and piano player, perfectionist, and just some guy who regularly eats and trains physically to stay healthy.
poptropica15
Scratcher
13 posts

joshuaho wrote:

I just got notice from Paddle2See that the ability to remove projects from a studio will hopefully be implemented this week!! Soon - berry soon, a huge portion of the problems of Add Everything studios will be solved!
Awesome! i had been waiting a long time

i am awesome ok

hmm…
☮☮☮☮☮☮☮☮☮☮☮☮☮☮☮☮☮☮☮☮☮☮ peace

forever
be awesome
end