Discuss Scratch

theanonymousweirdo
Scratcher
500+ posts

Report cloud data glitches here

ToonRoMiner wrote:

I can not create a cloud variable. It doesn't show up as an option. I am on Chrome on a Chromebook
You are a new scratcher. Scratch will not allow you to use cloud variables until you become a full scratcher. Here are the requirements: https://en.scratch-wiki.info/wiki/New_Scratcher_Status#Requirements_for_becoming_a_Scratcher

Whoops. Looks like someone else already answered.

Last edited by theanonymousweirdo (Nov. 17, 2021 04:07:37)

This is my signature. It appears at the bottom of all of my posts.
My favorite song: You're Not Alone
ScratchBoy179
Scratcher
91 posts

ToonRoMiner wrote:

I can not create a cloud variable. It doesn't show up as an option. I am on Chrome on a Chromebook
It's because you are new scratcher. Make some projects to become scratcher
Pr0jectMVirus
Scratcher
42 posts

Please help, I'm scratcher but none of the cloud variable games are working and idk if its a glitch or something else…

EDIT: It's working for my friend though, so I think it is a glitch

Last edited by Pr0jectMVirus (Nov. 19, 2021 19:26:29)

Hello! I am a animator!

Want to know about me? Click here!

You like the Grishaverse? I made a topic! Click here!
portalpower
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I can't set cloud variables even though I'm a scratcher. Whenever I go on something with cloud variables, the variable shows the value inputted but it isn't uploaded. I can see that it's working for other people from the cloud monitor, but idk why not for me.

thank you for reading my post and have a nice day!
shift+down to view my signature

idk what to put here.
JXMPING
Scratcher
11 posts

Great! A place that I can finally ask about this one thing that's been bugging me. Why can't students of Scratch classes use cloud variables? I was planning on making a multiplayer game using my school account (my main isn't active enough to get out of New Scratcher, and i'm not gonna spend time on an account which i have nothing on lol) I can create cloud variables, but there aren't any of the cloud blocks (cloud check, player id, etc.) in my variable block lists.
arnolddonald
Scratcher
18 posts

Just Found This. Here Is The Issue
My browser / operating system: Windows NT 10.0, Chrome 96.0.4664.55, No Flash version detected
(I Am Actually On Windows 10 21H2 (Build 19044.1387) Using Microsoft Edge 96.0.1054.34 (Official build) (64-bit) JavaScript V8 9.6.180.12
I Can't Create A Cloud Variable For My Game When It Is Needed For What I Am Doing, The Rest Of Scratch Is Working Fine Otherwise

- arnolddonald (Ñatick Plays YouTube)
when green flag clicked
move (10) steps
move (-10) steps
broadcast [Subscribe v]
broadcast [Please v]
ScratchBoy179
Scratcher
91 posts

Here is some debugging info I've figured out after a lot of tests:
1) You can't create cloud var: a) You reached limit of 10 cloud vars per project. Solution: Remove some vars.
b) You are new scratcher. Solution: Become a scratcher. (More info on wiki)
c) It's glitched. Solution: Clear cache and refresh page.
2) Cloud vars doesn't update: a) You are a new scratcher. Solution: Become a scratcher. (More info on wiki)
b) You've downloaded the project. Solution: Make a new cloud var and replace all old cloud vars with a new one
c) You are updating a lot of vars at the same time. Solution: Use “Wait 0.1 seconds” block between updating or use
broadcasting messages.
d) It's glitched. Solution: Try all of these tips mentioned up or refresh the page.
e) You reached 256 characters. Solution: Split it to 2 vars.
f) You are trying to replace cloud var with letters. Solution: Use numbers instead

Last edited by ScratchBoy179 (Dec. 20, 2021 20:04:10)

inventionpro
Scratcher
2 posts

you can put letters in cloud variable if at the start you put 0x
this is because it thinks it's a hexadecimal value and it doesn't check if it's from A-F you can put any letters a - z

Last edited by inventionpro (Dec. 29, 2021 15:07:02)

dhuls
Scratcher
1000+ posts

inventionpro wrote:

(#1268)
you can put letters in cloud variable if at the start you put 0x
this is because it thinks it's a hexadecimal value and it doesn't check if it's from A-F you can put any letters a - z
Not anymore that was fixed when 3.0 came out.
ScratchBoy179
Scratcher
91 posts

What's wrong with this game? https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/620375420/ Cloud doesn't seem to be working
RedAngryBird1508
Scratcher
62 posts

For some reason, the cloud varribles will not update on my project, i've been testing a cloud data saving project, and the variables will not update, I have them set to update every 1 second, and they update on my screen, but they do not save when i reload the site.

-RedAngryBird1508

Javascript, HTML, and CSS coder
SpiritSK
Scratcher
25 posts

RedAngryBird1508 wrote:

For some reason, the cloud varribles will not update on my project, i've been testing a cloud data saving project, and the variables will not update, I have them set to update every 1 second, and they update on my screen, but they do not save when i reload the site.

I'm also having this same problem… It's very weird. Scratch recorded the cloud variable changes that were made, but when reloading the project, it went back to 0. But the records were still there. https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/613688710/
RA039
Scratcher
29 posts

Does this happen to all of you ?
I have this Game where there's a high Score system but it never updates. Before this, it worked fine it will update but now it doesn't maybe if you make a record it will update for you but then after reloading the page the High Score will not update anymore, say right now the High Score is 52 and the high score holder is @RA039 (me) this was updated when everything was fine but if you try to play it and beat the high score maybe it will set to your score and Your username but if you reload the page it will set to my username and 52…. Hope it gets fixed soon
RA039
Scratcher
29 posts

SpiritSK wrote:

RedAngryBird1508 wrote:

I'm also having this same problem… It's very weird. Scratch recorded the cloud variable changes that were made, but when reloading the project, it went back to 0. But the records were still there. https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/613688710/

This is exactly the same issue i'm having !!! I'm happy to know it's not just me having this
tnix100
Scratcher
500+ posts

JXMPING wrote:

Great! A place that I can finally ask about this one thing that's been bugging me. Why can't students of Scratch classes use cloud variables? I was planning on making a multiplayer game using my school account (my main isn't active enough to get out of New Scratcher, and i'm not gonna spend time on an account which i have nothing on lol) I can create cloud variables, but there aren't any of the cloud blocks (cloud check, player id, etc.) in my variable block lists.
This isn't an issue, there's no such thing as those blocks. They are just a nromal variable that can only store numbers, are limited to 255 characters and are synced across clients.
JoshsAccount
Scratcher
100+ posts

Serious issue ever since new new cloud systems were put in place– cloud variables have a weird tendency to revert back to older values or even go straight back to zero for no reason upon project reload

The cloud variable log shows the new value, but the variable in the project doesn't reflect it

Last edited by JoshsAccount (Jan. 25, 2022 15:05:41)

helo yes am j

when i feel like making stuff :: events hat
make {
brands :: motion
mods :: looks
} :: control loop cap
ScratchBoy179
Scratcher
91 posts

JoshsAccount wrote:

Serious issue ever since new new cloud systems were put in place– cloud variables have a weird tendency to revert back to older values or even go straight back to zero for no reason upon project reload

The cloud variable log shows the new value, but the variable in the project doesn't reflect it
Try:

ScratchBoy179 wrote:

1) You can't create cloud var: a) You reached limit of 10 cloud vars per project. Solution: Remove some vars.
2) Cloud vars doesn't update: a) You are a new scratcher. Solution: Become a scratcher. (More info on wiki)
b) You've downloaded the project. Solution: Make a new cloud var and replace all old cloud vars with a new one
c) You are updating a lot of vars at the same time. Solution: Use “Wait 0.1 seconds” block between updating or use
broadcasting messages.
d) It's glitched. Solution: Try all of these tips mentioned up or refresh the page.
f) You are trying to replace cloud var with letters. Solution: Use numbers instead

ScratchBoy179
Scratcher
91 posts

specccc wrote:

so i have a cloud variable in my project. so it was at 40000. i come back 10 minutes later to see its at 0. please fix ;-;
broadcasting messages.
bloopers2006
Scratcher
3 posts

I enjoy playing @griffpatch Geometry dash https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/105500895/ but my score is never kept on the leaderboard
ThatCoder77471
Scratcher
1000+ posts

the cloud variables are updating in the cloud moniter, but switch to 0 when i reload the page. what is going on

A Terminal-Based Scratch Programmer for Windows and Linux

Also,
osu!lazer