leapinleopardstar
Scratcher
500+ posts

Video Games; Your OWN Reviews!

Game - Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright
System - 3DS
Price - $39.99
Rating - 91/100 (Tier S)

This is a strategy game, and, uh… i don't know.
It's an amazing game.
uh…

my mind is blank

(it's worth the forty dollars)

Last edited by leapinleopardstar (June 2, 2018 02:48:35)

A
DaEpikDude
Scratcher
1000+ posts

leapinleopardstar wrote:

System - 3DS
Price - $39.99
Rating - 91/100 (Fantastic)

It's an amazing game.
uh…

my mind is blank

good review

And all the world over, each nation's the same,
They've simply no notion of playing the game.
They argue with umpires, they cheer when they've won,
And they practice beforehand, which ruins the fun!
DaEpikDude
Scratcher
1000+ posts

BaconAndEggs1School wrote:

Remind me to do a review of the Nintendo DS title Duck Amuck. I finished it today and have a few thoughts that I don't really have time to post about.
Hey by the way do a review of Duck Amuck

nickeljorn
Scratcher
1000+ posts

leapinleopardstar wrote:

System - 3DS
Price - $39.99
Rating - 91/100 (Fantastic)

It's an amazing game.
uh…

my mind is blank

I have that game but I haven’t played it in a while

"Just what is the Summer Solstice, besides the day I melt into a puddle of fuzzy puppy fluff?”-Isabelle, Animal Crossing New Leaf
PecanPi314
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Eyyy Pokemon Quest just came out so I'll review that
Title: Pokemon Quest
Developer: The Pokemon company
Publisher: The Pokemon company
Genre: idk
Price: the low low price of free + In-game add-ons

Story: Alright get this. So you stumble upon this island, and there are Pokemon on it, but here's the twist… They're all cubes! And there isn't really much more story as far as I can tell. Of course I've only played for about an hour so.

Presentation: The game looks fine, nothing outstanding. The music is good, although forgettable. All-in-all, the presentation is just kind of meh.

Gameplay. The gameplay is VERY basic. Your Pokemon move and attack on their own, and you can tell them to do special moves and retreat and that's about it. You can get special stones from the missions, which you can then use to upgrade your Pokemon. You can also cook meals to recruit new Pokemon.

Verdict: This game is very simple, but it's a fun little time waster. Just nothing I would personally spend money on.

FINAL SCORE: 6/10 (OK)

in west philadelphia born and raised

funnycoder
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Title: Sonic The Hedgehog
Dev SEGA
Publisher: Sega
Genre: Platforming (wow never would have guessed)
Price: Original: A lot. Remakes: about 5 dollars. Collections about 20.

Story: Help sonic save animals from Dr. Robtaink I guess

Gameplay: Running fast and doing platforming stuff and jumping on things and collect rings and not dying (its a platformer from the 90s what do you expect)

My thoughts: fun and good time waster could have been a bit longer but Sonic 2 fixed that.

Rating: 99/100

guys I clowend I accidentally answered E to something I cant change and im getting graded for it oh god please help me
Girls are rude NGL
Im going to propose to my girlfriend by saying: “Are you diamonds, because I want to make you into a sword and kill zombie with it”
AppIIesauce
Scratcher
100+ posts

Do I wanna do a review of FNAF Sister Location?

sure

Ryasis
Scratcher
1000+ posts

PecanPi314 wrote:

Eyyy Pokemon Quest just came out so I'll review that
Title: Pokemon Quest
Developer: The Pokemon company
Publisher: The Pokemon company
Genre: Pokemon
Price: Pokemon
Story: You control some Pokemon
Presentation: There is Pokemon

Gameplay. You control Pokemon

Verdict: Pokemon

FINAL SCORE: Pokemon/10 (Pokemon)
Fixed

Smug scottish ego
AppIIesauce
Scratcher
100+ posts

Title: Five Nights at Freddy's: Sister Location
Developer: Scott Cawthon
Publisher: Scott Cawthon
Genre: First-person Survival Horror
Platforms: Windows, Android, iOS
Release: October 7, 2016 (on Windows), December 22, 2016 (on Android), January 3, 2017 (on iOS)
Price: $7.99 on Steam???? (fact-check that for me… my dad bought it for me)

Story: You (known to the game originally as Eggs Benedict, later revealed to be Micheal Afton) is a technician at Circus Baby's Entertainment and Rental where animatronics are rented out to children's birthday parties. They were originally for a pizzeria called Circus Baby's Pizza World, but it was shut down due to multiple “gas leaks.” Shown by the source code, the robots had been built by “Afton Robotics.” This is shown to be run by Micheal's dad, William Afton. It had also been shown that Circus Baby had murdered Micheal's sister because she had played with her against her dad's wishes.

I would share more, but that would involve giving away the ending.

Gameplay: Throughout the game, you are led by an AI named HandUnit who teaches you how to watch and “encourage” the animatronics with controlled shocks. You are also lead by Circus Baby's voice, too, as she reveals more of the lore behind the game. As the week passes the animatronics are taken to the Parts and Service room with malfunctions, to later be taken to the “scooping room” to have their exoskeletons torn out of them.

This isn't like the other FNaF games as you have to move around Circus Baby's Entertainment and Rental to get to the other places, unlike the usual point-and-click game that the other FNaF games are.

Quality: This game has amazing graphics and voice acting. The characters are well-developed, and the “shift end” music is… interesting. The lore behind it is really deep, too. Too much for me to put here, and that doesn't even include the extensive amount of theories there are out there on the internet.

In conclusion: This game is really good for a horror game, though the jumpscares are terrifying. Scott Cawthon nailed it again.

Rating: 9.5/10 (Worth the money, really good game. Deducted half a point for being absolutely terrifying and guarantees a nightmare every time you play it)

funnycoder
Scratcher
1000+ posts

AppIIesauce wrote:

Release: October 7, 2016 (on Windows), December 22, 2016 (on Android), January 3, 2017 (on iOS)

Story: You (known to the game originally as Eggs Benedict, later revealed to be Micheal Afton) is a technician at Circus Baby's Entertainment and Rental where animatronics are rented out to children's birthday parties. They were originally for a pizzeria called Circus Baby's Pizza World, but it was shut down due to multiple “gas leaks.” Shown by the source code, the robots had been built by “Afton Robotics.” This is shown to be run by Micheal's dad, William Afton. It had also been shown that Circus Baby had murdered Micheal's sister because she had played with her against her dad's wishes.

Gameplay: Throughout the game, you are led by an AI named HandUnit who teaches you how to watch and “encourage” the animatronics with controlled shocks. You are also lead by Circus Baby's voice, too, as she reveals more of the lore behind the game. As the week passes the animatronics are taken to the Parts and Service room with malfunctions, to later be taken to the “scooping room” to have their exoskeletons torn out of them.

This isn't like the other FNaF games as you have to move around Circus Baby's Entertainment and Rental to get to the other places, unlike the usual point-and-click game that the other FNaF games are.

Quality: This game has amazing graphics and voice acting. The characters are well-developed, and the “shift end” music is… interesting. The lore behind it is really deep, too. Too much for me to put here, and that doesn't even include the extensive amount of theories there are out there on the internet.

In conclusion: This game is really good for a horror game, though the jumpscares are terrifying. Scott Cawthon nailed it again.

Rating: 9.5/10 (Worth the money, really good game. Deducted half a point for being absolutely terrifying and guarantees a nightmare every time you play it)
I don't think FNAF SL is out on IOS and Andrioid

guys I clowend I accidentally answered E to something I cant change and im getting graded for it oh god please help me
Girls are rude NGL
Im going to propose to my girlfriend by saying: “Are you diamonds, because I want to make you into a sword and kill zombie with it”
AppIIesauce
Scratcher
100+ posts

funnycoder wrote:

AppIIesauce wrote:

-snip my amazing reveiw-
Don't blame me, blame Wikipedia.
That's where I got the whole top part from

Spycapt54
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Game: Sonic Generations
Developer: Sonic Team
Publisher: SEGA
Platforms: PS3, Xbox 360, and PC (via Steam)
ESRB: E

Version I Played: PC

Story: Sonic is celebrating his birthday with his friends. Suddenly, a strange monster appears and sends them to various locations from Sonic's previous adventures. Sonic finds himself in Green Hill and rescues Tails. The two later meet up with your under versions of themselves and realize they are traveling though time and space. Modern Sonic and Classic Sonic team up to rescue their friends and defeat the monster that sent them to this place.

Presentation: This game is drop-dead gorgeous! The characters and locations look crisp and polished, the colors really pop, and the lighting and water effects look amazing! Even though they are all stages from previous games, the levels all feel refreshing and new in their own way. Beyond the visuals is the amazing soundtrack featuring remixes and a handful of original songs!

Gameplay: Controls feel responsive and well-made, even on a keyboard! (which I use because I don't have a PC-compatible controller) Every stage is well-designed with plenty of extra paths and five Red-Star Rings (which unlock bonus content) that add tons of replay value. Even the extra missions are fun! The main game's short length isn't even a problem for me thanks to the amazing level design and replay value!

Summary: This is currently my favorite Sonic game. It's fun and has great design, visuals, music, and replay value!

Rating: Masterpiece

PS: The PC version is only $20!
DaEpikDude
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I'm gonna go into a little more detail about my ranking system so here goes

10 / 10: Must play
These are the sorts of games that just do everything right. They're not completely perfect, but they're amazing to the point where you absolutely need to buy it if you own the console. This score is not handed out lightly.
(Examples: Metroid: Zero Mission, Super Mario Odyssey)

9 / 10: Extremely good
These are the games that aren't quite to the level of 10/10, but if you like the game's genre you pretty much have to buy it. Even if you're not a big fan of the genre, these often do something different that make them very enjoyable.
(Examples: EarthBound, Pikmin 2, Subnautica)

8 / 10: Very good
If you like this game's genre, you'll definitely like this game. These are very enjoyable experiences that you might like to replay, but they're by no means perfect: often they have a few flaws that stop it from being the amazing experience it could have been.
(Examples: Pikmin 3, Starbound)

7 / 10: Good
These game are fun experiences that you might come back to every once in a while, but they're not games you'd like to play regularly with no breaks. They're worth considering, maybe look at a few gameplay videos or reviews, but they're by no means a must buy.
(Examples: Minecraft, New Super Mario Bros. Wii)

6 / 10: Pretty good
These games still offer a substantial amount of enjoyment: they're fun to play through once, but they might not be the games you replay. These games are often good in concept, but have a number of noticeable flaws that weigh them down.
(Examples: EarthBound Beginnings, Plants VS. Zombies 2)

5 / 10: Average
These games are nothing special at all. They can be fun on your first playthrough, but they probably won't be fun when you play them again. There might be some mechanics you like, but more that you don't.
(Examples: Crash Mind Over Mutant)

4 / 10: Mediocre
If you've got a few friends over, you can play these and laugh at them, but if you're by yourself often they can feel like a chore to play. These games have too many faults to be considered particularly good, but they might have a few ideas you like in theory.
(Examples: Final Fantasy II)

3 / 10: Bad
These games are not fun. Unless you've got friends to play it with, you really shouldn't be playing these sorts of games. Often they're either shovelware or just really poorly executed ideas that fall flat on their face.
(Thankfully, from here on out I haven't played any games THIS bad)

2 / 10: Terrible
Just…just don't. If you want to play this game, don't even bother buying it. Either try to find someone else who has them (poor souls) or just emulate them.)

1 / 10: E. T. Atari
If a game falls into this category, DO NOT PLAY THEM UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES. These are the sorts of game with no redeeming qualities: awful controls, bad presentation, uninteresting story etc.

0 / 10: Impossible
If I somehow find a way to put a game even LOWER than 1 / 10, I think the best course of action is to get together with some friends and find every single copy of this game that you can and systematically destroy them (preferably with a sledgehammer). That'd probably be less work than actually playing the game.

Jumpymar
Scratcher
100+ posts

I Might Make A Review Of Star Wars Battlefront II (The Orginal Not EA's Fail Version) Later Today. It's 2:00 AM Now

Don’t trust anyone with an anime profile picture! (Especially a smug one…)
BaconAndEggs1School
Scratcher
1000+ posts

DaEpikDude wrote:

BaconAndEggs1School wrote:

Remind me to do a review of the Nintendo DS title Duck Amuck. I finished it today and have a few thoughts that I don't really have time to post about.
Hey by the way do a review of Duck Amuck
you're not the boss of me
I might actually get around to it once I've unlocked that so-called “true” ending.

funnycoder
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Game: Pokemon Moon
Publisher: Pokemon Company
Dev: Nintendo/ Pokemon Company
Platformers: 3DS
Rating: 9.5/10 (Great but not just relly right to me)

Story: I don't want to spoil it so play or watch someone!

Gameplay: Fun RPG elements but battle can last for up most to 30 minutes ( sometimes an hour!) Pretty fun puzzles and online battling. ( not really a online battler) A bigger Pokedex than 150 (151 if you include Mewtwo)

Presentation: Good storyline but overall, feels way to nerfed (ORAS and XY were Nerfed a little more than SM) new type of feeling which makes it fresh.

Girls are rude NGL
Spycapt54
Scratcher
1000+ posts

My rating scale:

Masterpiece

The highest possible rating a game can get. A masterpiece rating doesn't always mean a game is perfect, but it's pretty darn close!

Examples: Super Paper Mario; Sonic Generations; Sonic the Hedgehog 2; Kirby Triple Deluxe; Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

Amazing

Almost a masterpiece but there are a handful of glaring flaws that hold it back.

Examples: Paper Mario; Super Mario Galaxy 2; Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD; Sonic Adventure DX

Great

A fantastic experience that's totally worth your time if you like that game's genre.

Examples: New Super Mario Bros. U; Kirby's Epic Yarn

Good

I enjoyed my time with these games, but they might not be for everyone or simply not worth replaying.

Examples: Sonic Rush Adventure; LEGO City Undercover: The Chase Begins; MarioParty 8

Meh

It's not terrible but not that good either.

Example: Sonic and the Secret Rings

Bad

It's just bad. Don't play it. There's still worse, though.

Example: Decca Sports

The Worst

Bad in almost every way. Little to no redeeming qualities. Stay away.

Example: Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (not sorry)
Spycapt54
Scratcher
1000+ posts

funnycoder wrote:

AppIIesauce wrote:

I've seen it on the App Store.
-ColorMaster-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

YO YO YO! I'M BACK!

I'm going to review Duck Jam, a game made for a couple of Game Jams (including the one that Baldi's Basics was in that's going around everywhere). A Game Jam is where you develop a game within a short time period, ranging from a few days to a few weeks.

Duck Jam placed 15th out of 115 in the Meta Game Jam, pretty high (no specific result was given) out of 154 in the The HEART JAM, and sorta high (same thing as before) in the APRIL FOOL'S JAM.

Game's free, by the way, so if you want to kill a couple of minutes I recommend checking it out

Duck Jam is essentially Wario-Ware with ducks (and some less polish, but hey it was made by 4 people). You start up the game, play a bunch of microgames with a boss game every so often, rinse and repeat.

Duck Jam has a variety of microgames, although all of them are 5 seconds long (unlike Wario-Ware where the times can be different). I don't know the exact number but it ranges from flirting with an anime schoolduck (not even joking) and just eating bread on a pond. The boss games are also pretty great. There's no variety in the maps or anything though, once you complete it your duck just kinda flies away onto a duplicate of the one you just left.

Not much else I can tell you other than it's really fun, so check it out

Just a baseball nerd with an absurdist sense of humor.

creator of more than 7 posts, each one stupider than the one before