Discuss Scratch

alex11sf
Scratcher
100+ posts

Video Games; Your OWN Reviews!

Game: Super Metroid
Rating: 10/10

I found this game to be a fun, mystery filled, and that it has a great storyline. The length of the game is perfect; not too long or too short. The graphics are pretty good considering it was on the SNES. Gameplay is amazing and the game over all isn't too hard or too easy. I suggest it whole heartedly.

Game: Earthbound
Rating: 8/10

This game was really great. The difficulty level was perfect and the graphics were good considering it was on SNES. There were a few problems, though. The game is a little too long. It took me around 22 hours to defeat after watching my dad defeat it and knowing lots of short cuts. The other thing was that some parts were a little weird or graphic. But overall this game was awesome and super fun to play. Good gameplay and storyline! I recommend it to people ages 8+.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHIVhLseK8s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6Y-KCEt_qw

LATWLY I BEEN DRESSNG FOR REVENGEEEE
I DONT START- BUT I CAN TELL YOU HOW IT EDNEDSSS DONT GET SAD GET EVENNN
ConfusedBiscuit
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Splatoon 2:
10/10
I have nothing else to say other than that this game has consumed my life thanks for coming to my ted talk

i like pokemon a normal amount
EZ-Games
Scratcher
1000+ posts

ConfusedBiscuit wrote:

Splatoon 2:
10/10
I have nothing else to say other than that this game has consumed my life thanks for coming to my ted talk
I review this review a 10/10

God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.
John 3:17

Advice:
Saying “Support” or “No Support” doesn't contribute anything to the conversation.
A question that has already been answered doesn't need to be answered twice with the same answer - bring something new to the table.
ThatOneGuy1128
Scratcher
25 posts

Game: Crysis 3
Developer: Crytek
Publisher: EA
RD: 19 February 2013 (for North America)
Platform: Windows, Xbox 360, Playstation 3
Price: Around $8-9 as of 2020, as long as you don't buy it off of EA itself. They'll sell it for about $20.
79/100

Story: Essentially, Prophet (you) has to defeat the Alpha Ceph, the leader of an alien race currently trying to take over/destroy (not sure) Earth, using a Nanosuit made from Ceph technology combined with human technology. Meanwhile, a corporation called CELL is trying its hand at world domination through controlling the world's power supply. CELL is sourcing their power from System X, which Prophet disables, revealing that System X is a containment system for the Alpha Ceph that takes power from it. Needless to say, CELL does not like that and becomes another force that is attempting to kill you rather than just trying to steal your suit for the Ceph DNA contained within it. See Wikipedia for more details, I know for a fact that I missed a few hundred of them.

Presentation: Quite beautiful, as most Crysis games are. “But can it run Crysis?” became very real as my PS3 got older and slower, but that's my fault for buying secondhand. The contrast between the decaying city and the rainforest is quite striking.

Gameplay: Crysis 3 is a first-person shooter with both multiplayer and campaign modes. There are different customization options for all of the guns, and there is a compound bow with special arrows that can shock, explode, or burn. There are certain Nanosuit upgrades that can change the gameplay almost entirely, like the cloaking system, which makes the player appear invisible to enemies until running out of Nanosuit energy or compromising stealth by firing a weapon (not including the compound bow!). The difficulty levels are Recruit, Soldier, Veteran, Supersoldier, and Post-Human Soldier. Upon finishing playing through the campaign on Supersoldier difficulty (took a month and a half), I sat down and stared at the screen for 3 hours. Personally, I love a good challenge, but holy mother of god, there is no way I will ever attempt to play on Post-Human Soldier. If you truly wish to play on a high difficulty, I would suggest saving up for therapy. As for the multiplayer, I have not played it due to internet issues, but it looks promising; the reviews are mostly positive.

Lasting Appeal: Somewhat replayable, as Nanosuit upgrades carry over to new playthroughs and there are 5 difficulties. However, if you do not like difficult games, this is not the game for you.

Verdict: Very impressive game, rather challenging. Definitely worth the $10 I paid for it.

Edit: Forgot the rating. Very clearly M for Mature. Very blood. Many violence. Also weird alien stuff.

Last edited by ThatOneGuy1128 (Dec. 2, 2020 17:04:43)

I do not like broccoli. And I haven't liked it since I was a little kid and my mother made me eat it. And I'm President of the United States and I'm not going to eat any more broccoli. - George H. W. Bush
Check out my (currently terrible) projects!
ThatOneGuy1128
Scratcher
25 posts

ThatOneGuy1128 wrote:

Game: Crysis 3
Price: Around $8-9 as of 2020, as long as you don't buy it off of EA itself. They'll sell it for about $20.
Saw a used Crysis 3 disc in good condition for less than $3 on Amazon. Also saw a new Crysis 3 for $40. Tell me which one EA is selling. I'll wait.

I do not like broccoli. And I haven't liked it since I was a little kid and my mother made me eat it. And I'm President of the United States and I'm not going to eat any more broccoli. - George H. W. Bush
Check out my (currently terrible) projects!
Polargaming64
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Game: Superliminal
Developer: Pillow Castle Games
Publisher: Pillow Castle Games
RD: November 12th, 2019 (North America)
Platform: PC, Playstation 4, Nintendo Switch
Price: $19.99
75/100

Story: After falling asleep with the TV on, you catch a glimpse of a live-action commercial for Dr. Glenn Pierce's SomnaSculpt Therapy program, a therapy that takes place in controlled dreams. You go out of bounds of the “intended” area and from then on must navigate the corridors and illusions. Throughout the game you are also greeted by radios with messages from Dr. Pierce himself, as well as messages from a calm, female robot voice. The game takes a lot of inspiration from Portal and The Stanley Parable, two of my all-time favorite games.

Presentation: The game has some very surreal visuals, taking you from small dollhouses, to white illusion-filled voids, to even a horror-based location full of “blood” (actually red paint). The game has a HEAVY focus on these “illusions” and it a large part of the game.

Gameplay: The gameplay focuses mainly on depth perception. For example: Pick up an apple, then move the camera so the apple APPEARS to be on the other side of the room, which would make it seem bigger since it is farther away. Drop it there and it WILL be bigger and on the other side of the room. There are many sequences with things like looking at something a certain way, causing the pieces to connect into an object, or making a door incredibly large so you can now walk through it into a new area, etc. It also has other mechanics, like a chapter focused on being able to clone things, although the ability only lasts for that chapter. There are also several easter eggs and achievements in the game, some harder to find than others, as well as one or two game-breaking glitches (most notably the bounce house glitch*).

Lasting Appeal: This game was too short, about an hour and a half, but the feeling you get when a puzzle clicks together for you is perfect, and the game's ending is beautiful and ties everything together perfectly. Spectacular.

Verdict: This game was incredible and is now one of my favorite games. It is just too short. I totally suggest getting this, although 20 dollars is a bit pricey considering games like Cuphead which gives you tens of hours of enjoyment and rage are also 20 dollars.

(*There is a sequence in one of the chapters where you enlarge a bounce house, then go in it, taking you into a vent where you can see the bounce house. You are supposed to move it up higher so, when you exit the vent, you are at the higher-up door exiting this part of the level. However, I accidentally did something that caused the physics engine to glitch, which made the bounce house rocket out of the play area. When exiting the vent, I spiraled out of the map and suddenly was on some sort of not-intended-to-be-seen default ground for the game engine, looking up you could see the actual game map. Upsetting glitch, but you can just restart from the last checkpoint and try again.)

I’m Polar! I’m an artist and designer. When I’m not drawing, I am usually playing video games (my favorite is Persona 4 Golden). I’m currently playing Yakuza Kiwami 2, The Talos Principle and Bendy and the Dark Revival.
You can find me in a few forums, but mainly the Sonic the Hedgehog and Nintendo ones.
Polargaming64
Scratcher
1000+ posts

My all-time favorite game is Dreams for the PlayStation 4.
I am going to review a handful of the games made by the community (called the CoMmunity on Dreams, referring to the developers Media Molecule who also made LittleBigPlanet).
I will also provide links to the game's pages on InDreams.Me, the official Dreams site. You can't play the games here, but can see what they're about.

Pig Detective (series):
Rating: 9/10

Summary: This series was the first game to get the Dream of the Year award on Dreams. The series, starring multiple famous voice actors, follows the anthropomorphic Pig Detective, AKA George, in TellTale-style games as he solves crimes. The stories are very in-depth, and the third game just released after a year of work. First game is 15 minutes, second is 2 hours, third is 6+.

Gameplay: The games have TellTale style gameplay, where you can freely explore and advance the story by piecing together the story. You can also eavesdrop on conversations and interact with extra thing to earn “Detective Points”. The games play out in chapters. The most recent installment, Death on Detox Island, adds in a “Relax Meter” which goes up by participating in activites, and goes down by running and jumping (both things added in this game for faster travelling).

Presentation: Outfits and animals are detailed, voices are stellar, set designs are beautiful, music track is gorgeous. 'Nuff said.

PIG DETECTIVE 1: A LITTLE TROUBLE IN LITTLE COLOGNE: https://indreams.me/dream/mvtDGVtJgTr/photos
PIG DETECTIVE 2: ADVENTURES IN COWBOY TOWN REDUX: https://indreams.me/dream/mdwxuepVzRV/photos
PIG DETECTIVE 3: DEATH ON DETOX ISLAND: https://indreams.me/dream/mbwuSGMwkZX/photos

I’m Polar! I’m an artist and designer. When I’m not drawing, I am usually playing video games (my favorite is Persona 4 Golden). I’m currently playing Yakuza Kiwami 2, The Talos Principle and Bendy and the Dark Revival.
You can find me in a few forums, but mainly the Sonic the Hedgehog and Nintendo ones.
Polargaming64
Scratcher
1000+ posts

DREAMS GAME REVIEW 2

Game: Mimeo Prophecy
By: raz0rbackzwei and j_plusb

Summary: Heavily inspired by classic RPG's, Mimeo Prophecy is a chapter based game where you play as Cody and his dog Turbo after a lab incident that seperates him and his friends across a tribal, ancient land. Chapter 2 released a few months back, but Chapter 1 is primarily focused on exploring Cody's town and learning the game's basics. Chapter 2 is much more combat-based. The game also won the first award for the Best Narrative.

Gameplay: Even just interacting with people is great, they all have so much to say! Combat sometimes feels stiff but is overall enjoyable.

Presentation: The game's areas and lush and beautiful, and have so much personality. Some of the most detailed (not realistically lol) rooms I've seen for an RPG, especially great for Dreams. The characters also have great design.

zahmbie1
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Terraria
ESRB Rating: T

Summary:
Welcome to Terraria, where slimes annoy you! Welcome to the world where you build a house, make a town, and progress endlessly to get Zenith, Terraspark boots, and Cell Phone.
Basically, welcome to the world of grinding and adventuring.

<Pros>
Endless progression
Endless adventuring
Endless building
Endless community mods

<Cons>
People who dont play it call it “2D minecraft”

help
i cant think of anything

Finnal score:
100/100
alex11sf
Scratcher
100+ posts

zahmbie1 wrote:

Terraria
ESRB Rating: T

Summary:
Welcome to Terraria, where slimes annoy you! Welcome to the world where you build a house, make a town, and progress endlessly to get Zenith, Terraspark boots, and Cell Phone.
Basically, welcome to the world of grinding and adventuring.

<Pros>
Endless progression
Endless adventuring
Endless building
Endless community mods

<Cons>
People who dont play it call it “2D minecraft”

help
i cant think of anything

Finnal score:
100/100
Uh, heck yea! I rate this rating 100/100

cheatcodeman
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Title: Halo
Developer: Originally Bungie, but now 343 Industries.
Publisher: Microsoft
Release Date: somewhere 2000-2005?
Price: about 15-30 dollars
Platform: Xbox, Windows.
93/100

Edit:

Gameplay: The gameplay isn't much to talk about, although it DID make some new must-include features that are in a lot of games. There weren't many cool cool controls. No sprint, an dI'm PROUD of it!

Quality: The game quality is blocky and unsmooth in the original, but higher up in the remake.

Story: The story is what is REALLY cool about Halo. Action-pact twists and turns with the alien alliance (Covenant) and the deadly infective parasite (The Flood).

Theme: The theme (Composed by Martin O' Donnel) is REALLY cool. With an “ancient, epic, and mysterious” quality, the theme is popular among fans.

Last edited by cheatcodeman (Dec. 2, 2020 21:04:58)

Polargaming64
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Game: Friday Night Funkin'
Developer: The Friday Night Funkin' Team (no team name lol)
Publisher: Newgrounds (it's on there)
RD: October 2020, pretty sure
Platform: PC
Price: Free, no download needed either
75/100

Story: Essentially you play as an unnamed (?) character who engages in rap battles with multiple opponents in order to win over the heart of your crush. Not much of a plot, more gameplay-focused.

Presentation: Great animation and otherwise great art, music is phenomenal. Check it out.

Gameplay: Game is very similar to DDR or PaRappa, where you must hit arrow keys timed to the beat, shown on-screen. Game has a Story Mode, where you can battle opponents in order on different difficulties, and a Freeplay Mode where you can play all the songs you've unlocked in the SM levels, called “weeks” that act as compilations of 2 or 3 tracks per level/opponent. There is also a small modding community, so you can play different versions. Game is constantly updated with new tracks, weeks, etc. Week 2 just released and is a crossover with the main characters of Sr Pelo's Spooky Month series! Their tracks are awesome. Hoping there will be more crossovers with other Newgrounds series!

Lasting Appeal: Great game, mostly for everyone besides one or two vulgar jokes (most prominent one is on the game over screen, very obvious and vulgar). Great for people who want to test their reflexes and hand-eye coordination, or just listen to some great tunes.

Verdict: 75/100, spectacular for a computer game!

ErrorTahr
Scratcher
100+ posts

Okay, why not start with a game I've played various times?

Game: Super Cat Tales 2
Developer Name: Neutronized
Release date: Entire game finished on May 7th, 2020, original build 2018.
Get it on: IOS and Android devices
Rating: 95/100

Opinions: Pixel filled and fun basic 16 bit platformer. I personally find the backstory interesting, considering this is a prequel to the original game. It was cool to see who was behind the cannons in the first game, especially considering it's a cat on the side of the tin soldiers and Lord Iridium, the villain who tried to get rid of all cats.

Hi I'm Risk I'm not the most active but I try to get on here weekly for now

alex11sf
Scratcher
100+ posts

Game: Final Fantasy III
Rating: 75/100

Great game and amazing story line. As far as problems go, some bosses were pretty challenging and that the game took a long time to complete. Cool characters and very interactive. I like the little puzzles hidden in the game.

So yea, that's all.

cheatcodeman
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Title: Minecraft
Developer: Mojang
Publisher: Mojang
Release Date: May 17, 2009
Price: 10-20$
Platform: Xbox One, Playstation 4-5, Nintendo Switch, PC, Mac.
(90/100) DOPE

Quality: The quality is all blocks, but this fact makes the game universal.

Story: *Laughs like a **

Gameplay: The game play is AWESOME!

DaEpikDude
Scratcher
1000+ posts

alex11sf wrote:

Game: Final Fantasy III
Rating: 75/100

Great game and amazing story line. As far as problems go, some bosses were pretty challenging and that the game took a long time to complete. Cool characters and very interactive. I like the little puzzles hidden in the game.

So yea, that's all.
I'm going to assume you're talking about Final Fantasy 6, and not the actual Final Fantasy 3, because the actual Final Fantasy 3 doesn't have much of all in the way of characters

And all the world over, each nation's the same,
They've simply no notion of playing the game.
They argue with umpires, they cheer when they've won,
And they practice beforehand, which ruins the fun!
zzyvz
Scratcher
53 posts

Here, I bet none of you know about this.

Game: Midnight Club 3: Dub Edition (Remix)
Rating: 100/100

This game is one of the greatest racing video games ever.

Summary of the game series:
Midnight Club. Rockstar San Diego's unfortunate but amazing series that was once right up there with Grand Theft Auto. Heck, IT WAS THE GAME THAT MADE ROCKSTAR POPULAR! With the series born in the 2000's, when Rockstar San Diego was still called Angel Studios, for the brand new Playstation 2 as a launch title, one of two of Rockstar's inclusions in the launch title setup. A new century, literally. But, I'm talking about it's threequel, Midnight Club 3. This game is amazing! A vast collection of cars, over 50! NEARLY ALL CUSTOMIZABLE. Muscle cars, Sports cars, Tuners, Exotics, EVEN SUV'S, Trucks! With 10 or MORE different customizable parts for every car part. Front, Rear bumpers? Customizable with 12 or more different bumpers. Spoilers? About 8 different ones. Hoods? About 8, and you can transform it into carbon. Neons, Exhaust flames, Decals, Tires, Vinyls, all customizable and can be colored. And, Bikes! Bikes are customizable, but not as much. Exhausts, Rims, and Tires, and that's all you can customize with bikes.

Gameplay:
IT IS ADDICTING. Imagine, at 180+ MPH smack dab in the middle of the road FILLED with traffic, cars everywhere, weaving through left and right, the tightest turns and corners, in your custom Dodge Viper, racing against a Kawasaki Ninja and 2 Corvettes. It's amazing. The sense of speed is DEFINITELY there. In this game, you will most likely crash in EVERY race, things will happen quickly, almost instant! And a new feature is implemented in this threequel, Abilities! Now, every type of car you drive will have a different ability. Muscle cars will have the ROAR ability, which means they can make any vehicle nearby lose control and move away from you. Exotics have the ZONE ability, which means they can slow down time, to make precise turns. SUVs have the AGRO ability, which means they can ram through anything!

Soundtrack:
IT'S AMAZING. Filled with over 90 songs, mostly consisting of rap and hip-hop, with some rock and a bit of techno. And these songs are great! They will most likely get stuck in your head.

Difficulty:
It's brilliant. This game doesn't have a difficulty setting. The vehicle make up the difficulty. Faster cars will be harder to win in, because of this games traffic heavy nature. You will be prone to crash, but it's simple to catch up. Unless you really messed up. Slower cars will be more easy, since you will have better control deciding where is the next checkpoint, but opponents will still be a challenge, cause of how slow you are. The game also restricts you from doing some races, which you need a specific class of car to use. Sometimes you'll need a muscle car to race in this one, and a different race could need Exotics.

I love this series, also, Rockstar Games, MAKE ANOTHER MIDNIGHT CLUB!

“If it's a severed head, I will be very upset”.
-Wayne Campbell
Wayne's World (1992)
Pianostar4
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Super Mario Odyssey
Rating: 98/100

Story: In the intro, Mario is back on Bowser's airship, trying to save Peach… Again. This time, Bowser wants to marry Peach, and Mario really wants to stop it. This time, though, Mario loses. Bowser knocks him off the airship, sending him falling down to unknown terrain below, and his hat to go floating down and shredded into pieces by the blades. A hat-like creature grabs the hat up, and tries to find Mario, giving his hat back to him. That creature is Cappy, and he stays with Mario for the rest of his adventure.

Gameplay: This game is played on the Nintendo Switch, giving the advantage of looking around using both sticks, unlike Super Mario 3D Land, where you could only look in one direction. You search around for power moons to upgrade the Odyssey, your ship, to go to new places, while trying to beat the bosses and ultimately get back Peach. There are also challenges in the game: Balloon world, where you go online to hide and search for balloons in every kingdom, the Jump rope challenge, where you try to get the most amount of jumps (power moons at 30 and 100) in the metro kingdom, the rc car challenge, where you try to get the least amount of time for three laps (power moons at 34 and 26) also in the metro kingdom, and more!

Reason for my rating: Overall, this game has smooth controls, with a variety of ways to control Cappy and move around, and more possibilities because you can capture enemies using Cappy, and take on the properties of that enemy. (Who knew- goombas don't slip on ice!) The reason I do not rate it a perfect 100 is because the power moons are somewhat hard to find, so without hints, I can't finish a kingdom. But that's a small amount. Rating: 98.

(Sorry for posting in an old topic, I found it and wanted to post, please don't hate me 0w0)

Guys! I’m trying to be more active! Sorry!
cheatcodeman
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Pianostar4 wrote:

Super Mario Odyssey
Rating: 98/100

Story: In the intro, Mario is back on Bowser's airship, trying to save Peach… Again. This time, Bowser wants to marry Peach, and Mario really wants to stop it. This time, though, Mario loses. Bowser knocks him off the airship, sending him falling down to unknown terrain below, and his hat to go floating down and shredded into pieces by the blades. A hat-like creature grabs the hat up, and tries to find Mario, giving his hat back to him. That creature is Cappy, and he stays with Mario for the rest of his adventure.

Gameplay: This game is played on the Nintendo Switch, giving the advantage of looking around using both sticks, unlike Super Mario 3D Land, where you could only look in one direction. You search around for power moons to upgrade the Odyssey, your ship, to go to new places, while trying to beat the bosses and ultimately get back Peach. There are also challenges in the game: Balloon world, where you go online to hide and search for balloons in every kingdom, the Jump rope challenge, where you try to get the most amount of jumps (power moons at 30 and 100) in the metro kingdom, the rc car challenge, where you try to get the least amount of time for three laps (power moons at 34 and 26) also in the metro kingdom, and more!

Reason for my rating: Overall, this game has smooth controls, with a variety of ways to control Cappy and move around, and more possibilities because you can capture enemies using Cappy, and take on the properties of that enemy. (Who knew- goombas don't slip on ice!) The reason I do not rate it a perfect 100 is because the power moons are somewhat hard to find, so without hints, I can't finish a kingdom. But that's a small amount. Rating: 98.

(Sorry for posting in an old topic, I found it and wanted to post, please don't hate me 0w0)
What if Princess Peach actually wants to be with Bowser, but Mario keeps kidnapping her?

DC382
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Pokemon GO:

Rating: 66/100,
Fan Service: 110/100.

Welcome to 2016, when this game launched.

Now 2018 Went on, releasing MEW.

Then 2020 came w/ Home Support, and it's pretty broken, totally eliminating the Worth of Mythical Pokemon.

The Game has a PMD reference in the Mew Research so I'm Happy. And Confused why the grunts aren't Rainbow Rocket Grunts.

RIP Permaspike: 14/7/2018 - 4/4/2023

How did you learn JS? *compares it to having to do a 10 kilometer dash with burning legos*
How did you learn HTML? *compares to pick-a-door levels in SMM2*
How did you learn CSS? Mozilla and Stack Overflow our lords and saviors.
How did you learn JSON? Plants Versus Zombies 2. Not even kidding.

I study game design in my free time, and things I noticed about the cream of the crop indies:
- Consistent God-Tier Music (Cuphead, Undertale, PVZ, Pizza Tower, Super Meat Boy (Danny B. Soundtrack))
- Unique Visuals (Cuphead's entire existence, PVZ1, Pizza Tower, Super Meat Boy, Untitled Goose Game, Hollow Knight)
- Excellent Gameplay (Cuphead, PVZ, Pizza Tower, Meat Boy, A Hat In Time, Spelunky, BTD, Hollow Knight)
- Modding Support (Pizza Tower, A Hat In Time, Terraria (Calamity music is Awesome))
- Replayability (BTD, Pizza Tower, Terraria, Super Meat Boy)
- Challenge (SUPER MEAT BOY, Hollow Knight)
(I haven't played Stardew Valley, so I cant state my view, and my ' key almost doesnt work.)