Discuss Scratch

gigamushroom
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Video Games; Your OWN Reviews!

awesomedomination8 wrote:

I'm just going to bump because I'm running out of ideas for games to review

So… Bump
How about Mario Maker? You said that it's your 5th favourite game, so…

“You see things; and you say ‘Why?’ But I dream things that never were; and I say ‘Why not?’”
EeveeLegends
Scratcher
1000+ posts

EeveeLegends wrote:

My review:

Pokken Tournament:
Made by: Brando Namico and The Pokémon Company

Rating: 91/100 (Awesome)

Story: There isn't really much of a story, but there's a part when the game becomes a story until you complete it. By the way, the story's about “Shadow Mewtwo”

Review: This game is just amazing, it brings Pokémon battling to a whole new experience. I knew this game looked promising when it came out! I actually stayed through the night and played it. The Pokémon roster is cool. Online battles are hard but awesome too! I really want you to play it!!
Oh forgot a detail, it sells for $59.99 ($60.00)

GlassComedian
Scratcher
39 posts

Bump

Theres Posts:
when this sprite clicked
forever

say [Sorry.im busy!] for (2) secs
play sound [Trolrororlrlrool!!!! v] until done
end
GlassComedian
Scratcher
39 posts

gigamushroom wrote:

Also, here is how I review games (score-wise)

0 - 9 = painful
10 - 19 = terrible
20 - 29 = awful
30 - 39 = bad
40 - 49 = mediocre
50 - 59 = tolerable (@gigamushroom for this one)
60 - 69 = OK
70 - 79 = good
80 - 89 = great
90 - 99 = fantastic
100 = perfect
Here's mine I just planned out:

0-11 = Outrageous
12-21 = Nauseating
22-31 = Mediocre
32-41 = Unsatisfactory
42-51 = Wonky
52-61 = Average
62-71 = Tolerable
72-81 = Great
82-91 = Excellent
92-99 = Fascinating
100 = Impeccable

Well mine is
0-5:WORST GAGE EVER!
5-20:Worse than this
20-30:Bad
31-41:Weak
41-50:Wonky
51-62:Average
62-69:Tolerable
70-82:Good
83-85:Great
86-95:Excellent
95-99:Close to Best
100:Bestestestest Game Ever!

Theres Posts:
when this sprite clicked
forever

end
GlassComedian
Scratcher
39 posts

My Review On SMW:

Best Game!
Title:Super Mario World
Developer:Nintendo
Publisher:Nintendo
Release Date:Nov 21, 1990
Price:$62.56-$94.98
Platform:SNES

Rating:85/100 (Excellent)

Sypnosis:Mario and freinds are in a summer vication but Bowser Kidnap Peach Again.So Mario Saves the world then after that,Summer Became Auttum.

Story:Good.Because it has many secrects in this story and many more.

Gameplay:its Fun.

Presentation:This is a sequel to old Mario games.But Greater than before

Lasting Appeal:None

Last edited by GlassComedian (May 23, 2016 04:41:26)

Theres Posts:
when this sprite clicked
forever

end
awesomedomination8
Scratcher
100+ posts

gigamushroom wrote:

I'm just going to bump because I'm running out of ideas for games to review

So… Bump
How about Mario Maker? You said that it's your 5th favourite game, so…
Great Idea!

Title: Super Mario Maker
Developer: Nintendo
Publisher: Nintendo
Platform: Wii U
Rating: E
Price: $59.99
97/100 (Fantastic)

Story: N/A

Presentation: The graphics change depending on whether you do Super Mario Bros., Super Mario World, Super Mario Bros. 3, or Super Mario Bros. U. All the games look great, and just like what they looked like in their original games. The music is great. It's what you would expect from a Mario game, but many people compose their own music!

Gameplay: It's classic Mario platforming, with your own levels!! The level creating is flawless, and you can either play special event levels by nintendo to get mystery mushroom costumes (another thing that's fun. You can use mystery mushroom costumes to dress up mario as other characters from nintendo franchises) or you can play levels other people have made. They can be anything from amazing automatic levels, confounding compositions, or REALLY STRAIGHT OUT HARD LEVELS!! You can also do the 100 hundred Mario challenge on easy, medium or hard (which also gets you mystery mushrooms)

Lasting Appeal: Do I even need to explain? There are MILLIONS of levels that others have created, plus endless combinations of levels for you to make!!

Verdict: Buy it. Buy it now. This game is timeless. It is worth $60. It is all worth it. Buy it now. If you already have it, then good for you. You know how amazing this game is.

Two plus two is ten. IN BASE FOUR! I'M FINE!

jji10
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Title: FIFA 15
Developer: EA
Publisher: EA
Platform: PC (what I used), XBOX, PS.
Rating: 3
Price: Varies from platform to platform, $10-$30
70/100 (Average)

Presentation: Rights for most major teams in the world with 100+ leagues all with real players and some real faces. Two real commentators and the Premier League presented like an actual TV broadcast, this is one of the good points of the game. Music is meh.

Gameplay: Very mediocre, nothing really major, professional AI too easy, world class too hard, legendary (highest) just right. Needs work on the difficulty. However, the AI seems to run on the belief that the best defense is the best offence. Also, when they are winning, they go to your corner flag and keep their body in between the ball and you. This is very frustrating despite being realistic and usually results in a foul going in their favour.

Lasting Appeal: Not really much, fun for a few months, then you get bored.

Verdict: If you like soccer, slightly recommended. If you don't, pass.

Additional Comments: LAGS VERY BADLY ON UNLESS YOU HAVE AT LEAST 4 CORES ON PC.

Last edited by jji10 (May 23, 2016 12:46:12)

“Yipee, I did it!” the man said with glee,
“I've solved that darned riddle, I've solved it, you see!”
The sphinx simply smiled and shook her strange head,
“I'm afraid you're wrong, and therefore you're dead.”
jji10
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Title: PES 2016
Developer: KONAMI
Publisher: KONAMI
Platform: PC (what I used), XBOX, PS
Rating: 3
Price: Around $30-$40 on most platforms from what I checked.
96/100 (Fantastic)

Presentation: Game's week point. Not many leagues, many national teams have fake kits and players, all Premier League teams have fake names and kits. Players all exist in the teams if you can find the correct one. The graphics are pretty good though.

Gameplay: Game's definite strong point. Amazing gameplay, very little scripted gameplay, so many unexpected goals, frustration, excitement, more exciting than a real soccer match (if possible ). AI is very good and balanced if you can find the correct difficulty for yourself.

Lasting Appeal: If you are a Premier League fan, you might be put off by the fake names of the teams and the fake kits, otherwise, amazing. I can still play it, months after it comes out and I'm still excited whenever I see the familiar KONAMI logo at the start.

Verdict: Highly recommended for all soccer fans including Premier League fans. Even if you aren't a soccer fan, if you are interested in soccer or play it at school or something, give it a go.

Additional Comments: You can install mods to get the correct names and kits. Even on console. Happy gaming.

“Yipee, I did it!” the man said with glee,
“I've solved that darned riddle, I've solved it, you see!”
The sphinx simply smiled and shook her strange head,
“I'm afraid you're wrong, and therefore you're dead.”
awesomedomination8
Scratcher
100+ posts

Title: Youtubers life
Developer: U-play online
Publisher: U-play online
Platform: Mac/PC
Rating: E
Price: $14.99
Release Date: May 18, 2016
80/100 (Great)

Story: You are the number 1 Youtuber. You live in space(?), manage your own network, and have millions of subscribers. So you take a look back at how you got to the top. I will say it's a really interesting angle, because you already know you end up at the top, but it's up to you to decide how you get there.

Presentation: The graphics, unfortunately, aren't the most pleasing. The music is nothing memorable either. The characters all look cartoony, but that fits the game quite well.

Gameplay: This game is addicting. You record videos, edit them, work, study, rest, eat, buy new stuff, go to parties, go to video game conventions, and even get requests to record videos from people who will pay you over $100 dollars for your trouble. Not only is this game addicting, but it's surprisingly hard! If you get in debt, it's game over. You have to start all over again. Although I have heard they added checkpoints.

Lasting appeal: This game has some pretty good replayability. Currently they only have gaming channels, but they're going to add cooking, lifestyle, fashion, and music. If you don't want to be a gaming channel, I suggest you wait until it's out of beta.

Verdict: Youtubers life is a good time. If you like The Sims, I suggest trying this game out. There are a couple bugs here and there, but luckily the developers are releasing updates frequently. (A few times a week.) Personally I feel that Youtubers life is worth the 15 dollars.

Last edited by awesomedomination8 (May 26, 2016 15:06:30)

_-Error-_
Scratcher
100+ posts

I'll review a game I like I guess.
i'll cross out names that may be spoilers, so ye. and make them tiny

GAME: Undertale
Dev: Toby Fox
Publisher: TOBY FOX
Platform: pc and mac and ye
Rating: T for teens? It's kinda bad idk
PRICE: 10$
89/100

-DON'T READ IF YOU HATE SPOILERS. K-

Undertale is a rpg, heavily inspired by Earthbound. You can spare your foes, or kill them. Your actions are important, since you can get 3 endings without hacking, as one you get by hacking. Sparing everyone is a pacifist route. Killing everything is a genocide route. And doing both or failing to do a task is a neutral. You fight different bosses at the end, like if you have a neutral route, you'd fight Photoshop Flowey. If you did a pacifist, you'd still fight him. But, if you did a pacifist run after a neutral run, you get True Pacifist, where you fight Asriel Dreemurr. In a genocide route, you fight sans.

Now for the actual review! The game is boring at some parts. It gets repetitive to have to kill everything in a genocide route. The chance of encounters is very slick after killing half of the monsters in the area. It's so satisfying to kill all the monsters in an area because it takes forever! Anyway, then you want to do a pacifist route after doing that, right? Well, nope! The ending after asriel's fight is different. Theres the choice to stay with goatmom or leave. Choosing either option is bad. You end up killing EVERYONE anyway.. The cutscenes are different, since your soulless now.

Anyway.. Yea, it's annoying. other then that, it's a good game. so minus that stuff, 89/100

Last edited by _-Error-_ (May 26, 2016 12:46:34)

GOOD JOB
you meme'd well
Derpybunneh
Scratcher
500+ posts

Ultimate Chicken Horse:

4/5

Got shot in the butt by an arrow.

11/10 would get butt shot again.

Last edited by Derpybunneh (May 26, 2016 18:04:09)

awesomedomination8
Scratcher
100+ posts

Derpybunneh wrote:

Ultimate Chicken Horse:

4/5

?

Derpybunneh
Scratcher
500+ posts

Derpybunneh wrote:

Ultimate Chicken Horse:

4/5

?

It's a review that I wrote on steam for Ultimate Chicken Horse. Not meant to be professional or anything. Just a stupid silly review.
awesomedomination8
Scratcher
100+ posts

Title: Terraria
Developer: Re-logic
Publisher: 505 Games
Platform: All next gen consoles and PC, but I'll be reviewing the one for PS4, because that's the one I have
Rating: T for Blood and gore, alcoholic reference, and violence (nothing too intense though)(and on a whim I realized people might want to know why these games I review are rated what they're rated)
Price: $9.99 on steam, $4.99 on mobile, and around $19.99 on consoles
Rating: 92/100 (Fantastic)

Presentation: The 16-bit graphics look really nice with the game, and the music is amazing. My one problem is the camera is always zoomed out really far, but luckily you can zoom in.

Gameplay: You can build things, you can craft items, you can battle enemies, you can summon and battle bosses, you can go to the underworld you can fly, you can murder unicorns (sounds pretty evil I know, but trust me they're some of the toughest enemies in the game) and you can generally just have a great time. Heck you can put together a hunger games with your friends and just kill each other! In other words, the gameplay of Terraria is fantastic.

Lasting Appeal: hehehe… hahaha… HAHAHAHA! There is a lot of replayability in Terraria. Once you kill the main boss, “The Wall of Flesh”, don't think it stops there. You have tons of other bosses to defeat.

Verdict: So many people keep saying Terraria is 2D Minecraft. It's not. The only similarity is the pixely graphics, even though Terraria uses 16-bit, while Minecraft uses 8-bit. Is Terraria better than Minecraft? Not nescesarilly. I believe they both have something unique that gamers can enjoy. I do believe, however, if you did play Minecraft and then kind of stopped, you will have a blast with Terraria. Even if you didn't play Minecraft, you will still have a blast.

awesomedomination8
Scratcher
100+ posts

bump

Tymewalk
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Verdict: So many people keep saying Terraria is 2D Minecraft. It's not. The only similarity is the pixely graphics, even though Terraria uses 16-bit, while Minecraft uses 8-bit. Is Terraria better than Minecraft? Not nescesarilly. I believe they both have something unique that gamers can enjoy. I do believe, however, if you did play Minecraft and then kind of stopped, you will have a blast with Terraria. Even if you didn't play Minecraft, you will still have a blast.
Finally someone puts an end to the long lasting flamewar

bold thing - italic thing - underlined thing - strikethrough thing
_-Error-_
Scratcher
100+ posts

THANK YOU SO MUCH

Each game has so much to offer, similarities, and a lot of differences. I don't understand why there is a war, like with cod and splatoon.

GOOD JOB
you meme'd well
FastAWPer
Scratcher
100+ posts

Title: Terraria
Developer: Re-logic
Publisher: 505 Games
Platform: All next gen consoles and PC, but I'll be reviewing the one for PS4, because that's the one I have
Rating: T for Blood and gore, alcoholic reference, and violence (nothing too intense though)(and on a whim I realized people might want to know why these games I review are rated what they're rated)
Price: $9.99 on steam, $4.99 on mobile, and around $19.99 on consoles
Rating: 92/100 (Fantastic)

Presentation: The 16-bit graphics look really nice with the game, and the music is amazing. My one problem is the camera is always zoomed out really far, but luckily you can zoom in.

Gameplay: You can build things, you can craft items, you can battle enemies, you can summon and battle bosses, you can go to the underworld you can fly, you can murder unicorns (sounds pretty evil I know, but trust me they're some of the toughest enemies in the game) and you can generally just have a great time. Heck you can put together a hunger games with your friends and just kill each other! In other words, the gameplay of Terraria is fantastic.

Lasting Appeal: hehehe… hahaha… HAHAHAHA! There is a lot of replayability in Terraria. Once you kill the main boss, “The Wall of Flesh”, don't think it stops there. You have tons of other bosses to defeat.

Just one thing is that, don't play it on consoles because of the controls are confusing. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Playing with analog sticks aren't as comfortable as much as using a keyboard and mouse to do the job fighting creatures. Even though I did enjoy fighting the robot bosses in the second phase.
GreatYoshi13
New to Scratch
7 posts

Mind if I? Alright.

Game: Team Fortress 2
Platform: PC (Xbox 360 and PS3 if you can find orange box)
Rating: 87/100

Story: HAHAHAHAHAHA no.
Graphics: Not realistic, but works with the games style, like a cartoon.
Gameplay: You play as one of 9 classes, each with unrealistic physics. Also HATS!
Collectibles: HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS HATS and some weapons.
Pros: Addicting, has good community, Free to play, free hats, and Valve/GabeN jokes.
Cons: Pay to win, hats that are actually good for payers, hackers, horrible ideas for “servers”, and finally, Spammers, traders, 8 year olds, cod players, and people who instantly no scope, no matter what.

Overall: HATS HATS HATS HATS Only play this game if you are ready for it. See you on the battlefield soldier!

GreatYoshi13
New to Scratch
7 posts

Minecraft and Terraria players: FINALLY!
Me: *gets shield* There are more simalarities…
FLAME WAR BEGIN!