Discuss Scratch

oshe10
Scratcher
100+ posts

The Scratch Cat's Hideout: Change of plan: I'm renovating this thread. Click inside for details.

LoopyS wrote:

Maybe we could change the worth mentioning section into “The Scratch Cat's Times”?

Here's a mock up…

The Scratch Cat's Times
Issue #0 - Updated Weekly

Featured Member

This week's featured member is Borrego6165.
He founded the Scratch Cat's Hideout!
Check out his profile HERE!

You could be the next featured member! Simply join The Scratch Cat's Hideout!
Featured Project

This week's featured project is The Scratch Cat's Hideout Tycoon!
It scored an amazing 87/100 when reviewed by Scratch Cat's Hideout members!
Check it out HERE!

The next featured project could be yours! Simply get your project reviewed by The Scratch Cat's Hideout!
Special Events

October 31 - Halloween!
??? - A contest??? - Member Exclusive!

You can participate in member exclusive events! Simply join The Scratch Cat's Hideout!
Other News

Thanks for reading this week's issue of Worth Mentioning!
Check back next week!

P.S. If you like this idea, link to this post from the main post and I can edit it every week.
P.P.S Maybe we could have contests for members???

This idea sounds great!
Borrego6165
Scratcher
500+ posts

The Scratch Cat's Hideout: Change of plan: I'm renovating this thread. Click inside for details.

That idea has already been used!
Borrego6165
Scratcher
500+ posts

bump d'epique
phabletcrunch
Scratcher
27 posts

2012 olympics “Running”

{no description}

Game Design 0/10
Oh my, where do i start here… the game design was not addicting even the slightest bit. It was basically just mash the right button and hope that you win. Not much to talk about here, due to how short this is.

Originality 2/10
This idea didn't seem to be original all that much… it's just mashing the right arrow key and trying to beat a CPU. Nothing more, but 2 points because it's the title makes it slightly… SLIGHTLY original.

Ease Of Use 5/5
It's really simple and there's instructions on screen. Just mash the right arrow. Nothing more or less.

Difficulty Balance 0/5
CPU = Unbeatable. He's way too fast, i even tried the best i could, but nope. could never beat him. There's even a comment suggesting that the CPU should be slowed down.

Graphics 0/5
Badly drawn armless stick figures. Finish line is a black bar. The olympics picture is a google image. And that's all…

Sound 0/5
It was silent. No sound, nothing. Not even sound effects.

Firing Round 0/10 (This is the addition of the following scores)
Reliability 0/2 {mainly because you have to refresh to replay}
0 (Very Glitchy) 1 (A few glitches) 2 (Hardly any glitches)
Game Length 0/2
0 (Too Short) 1 (Decent Length) 2 (Long lasting or endless)
Game Pace 0/2
0 (Very slow or too long for it's own sake) 1 (Quite engrossing) 2 (Very well paced and fun)
Replay Value 0/2
0 (Would never replay/ did not want to finish it the first time) 1 (Might replay) 2 (Too good to stop!)
Programming 0/2
0 (Simple to make) 1 (Fairly advanced) 2 (It was very complex)

Overall Experience 0/50
I didn't like this AT ALL. It was really simple (just mash the right arrow), the CPU is unbeatable, and you have to refresh to play. My suggestions? Make the CPU beatable, put effort in to the design, a title screen would also be nice, and, most importantly, make it so that you don't have to refresh to play. All of that or start over from scratch.

TOTAL: 7/100

Key
0-19 I could have made that in my sleep!
20-39 Needs a lot of work.
40-59 An average project I suppose.
60-79 Quite a cool project.
80-94 Wow! It only needs a bit of tweaking.
95-100 You're the top cat!

EASY PEEZEY LEMON SQEEZAY!
sonicfan12p
Scratcher
1000+ posts

phabletcrunch wrote:

2012 olympics “Running”

{no description}

Game Design 0/10
Oh my, where do i start here… the game design was not addicting even the slightest bit. It was basically just mash the right button and hope that you win. Not much to talk about here, due to how short this is.

Originality 2/10
This idea didn't seem to be original all that much… it's just mashing the right arrow key and trying to beat a CPU. Nothing more, but 2 points because it's the title makes it slightly… SLIGHTLY original.

Ease Of Use 5/5
It's really simple and there's instructions on screen. Just mash the right arrow. Nothing more or less.

Difficulty Balance 0/5
CPU = Unbeatable. He's way too fast, i even tried the best i could, but nope. could never beat him. There's even a comment suggesting that the CPU should be slowed down.

Graphics 0/5
Badly drawn armless stick figures. Finish line is a black bar. The olympics picture is a google image. And that's all…

Sound 0/5
It was silent. No sound, nothing. Not even sound effects.

Firing Round 0/10 (This is the addition of the following scores)
Reliability 0/2 {mainly because you have to refresh to replay}
0 (Very Glitchy) 1 (A few glitches) 2 (Hardly any glitches)
Game Length 0/2
0 (Too Short) 1 (Decent Length) 2 (Long lasting or endless)
Game Pace 0/2
0 (Very slow or too long for it's own sake) 1 (Quite engrossing) 2 (Very well paced and fun)
Replay Value 0/2
0 (Would never replay/ did not want to finish it the first time) 1 (Might replay) 2 (Too good to stop!)
Programming 0/2
0 (Simple to make) 1 (Fairly advanced) 2 (It was very complex)

Overall Experience 0/50
I didn't like this AT ALL. It was really simple (just mash the right arrow), the CPU is unbeatable, and you have to refresh to play. My suggestions? Make the CPU beatable, put effort in to the design, a title screen would also be nice, and, most importantly, make it so that you don't have to refresh to play. All of that or start over from scratch.

TOTAL: 7/100

Key
0-19 I could have made that in my sleep!
20-39 Needs a lot of work.
40-59 An average project I suppose.
60-79 Quite a cool project.
80-94 Wow! It only needs a bit of tweaking.
95-100 You're the top cat!
Ouch, that's tough. Where did you find this project, and did you get permission to review it from the creator?

Comeback time? Maybe?
phabletcrunch
Scratcher
27 posts

sonicfan12p wrote:

Ouch, that's tough. Where did you find this project,

Roof Gardens/Sports Games.

sonicfan12p wrote:

and did you get permission to review it from the creator?

I found it in roof gardens, i didn't think i needed to…

sonicfan12p
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Borrego6165 wrote:

…Instead, “We could also offer our reviews a bit more, going out to Show and Tell threads and offering to review the projects listed there.” So our job would be to go hunting around the website, and not only asking in any show and tell forum we can find “Would you like a review of this?” But we'll also ask in project comments! However, we must all promise NEVER TO SPAM. It should be one request per user at most, and it must be done politely, and we must remember that if they say no it means no.
He should probably add it to the first post…but we do need permission to review things. However, adding your project to the gallery may void your right to choosing to have the review or no. Borrego may need to clarify that.

Comeback time? Maybe?
Borrego6165
Scratcher
500+ posts

sonicfan12p wrote:

Borrego6165 wrote:

…Instead, “We could also offer our reviews a bit more, going out to Show and Tell threads and offering to review the projects listed there.” So our job would be to go hunting around the website, and not only asking in any show and tell forum we can find “Would you like a review of this?” But we'll also ask in project comments! However, we must all promise NEVER TO SPAM. It should be one request per user at most, and it must be done politely, and we must remember that if they say no it means no.
He should probably add it to the first post…but we do need permission to review things. However, adding your project to the gallery may void your right to choosing to have the review or no. Borrego may need to clarify that.

Basically if it's in the gallery, it can be reviewed. If you're asking people outside of the thread, than it's their choice, not ours. I'll update the Write A Review page.

Last edited by Borrego6165 (Oct. 27, 2013 07:17:09)

bigpuppy
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Borrego6165 wrote:

sonicfan12p wrote:

Borrego6165 wrote:

Basically if it's in the gallery, it can be reviewed. If you're asking people outside of the thread, than it's their choice, not ours. I'll update the Write A Review page.
That's my project and I did not want it to be reviewed.

“Change happens by listening and then starting a dialogue with the people who are doing something you don't believe is right.” -Jane Goodall
phabletcrunch
Scratcher
27 posts

bigpuppy wrote:

Borrego6165 wrote:

sonicfan12p wrote:

Borrego6165 wrote:

…now i really need an edit button. (But it was in roof gardens so i assumed)

LiFaytheGoblin
Forum Moderator
1000+ posts

Hey Could you add Happy Halloween! to Arcade please?

Deutsch, English, Français, Español, Nederlands
DACH Scratch WikiEN Scratch WikiAll Scratch WikisA Scratch Wiki in your native language

phabletcrunch
Scratcher
27 posts

LiFaytheGoblin wrote:

Hey Could you add Happy Halloween! to Arcade please?
Done!

kj25360
Scratcher
88 posts

Erase Please.
I Need A Delete Button!

Last edited by kj25360 (Oct. 27, 2013 18:43:33)

| roblox.com?rbxp=57965597

Ferrok
Scratcher
32 posts

Hi!

Last edited by Ferrok (Oct. 27, 2013 18:45:56)

Gimme cookies

Ferrok / Best Project So Far / Collab
kj25360
Scratcher
88 posts

Ferrok wrote:

Hi!

are you talking to me? if so, hi!

| roblox.com?rbxp=57965597

Borrego6165
Scratcher
500+ posts

kj25360 wrote:

Ferrok wrote:

Hi!

are you talking to me? if so, hi!
Hi everyone, please continue your conversation elsewhere.
LoopyS
Scratcher
100+ posts

bigpuppy wrote:

Borrego6165 wrote:

sonicfan12p wrote:

Borrego6165 wrote:

You don't need permission to review projects in the studios???

___________________LoopyS__________________
————| Profile | Website | A Tiny Tweak… |————
LoopyS
Scratcher
100+ posts

Added Lights Out Hacking Game by AISweigart to the Arcade.

AISweigart follows me, so +3 points?

___________________LoopyS__________________
————| Profile | Website | A Tiny Tweak… |————
Borrego6165
Scratcher
500+ posts

LoopyS wrote:

bigpuppy wrote:

Borrego6165 wrote:

sonicfan12p wrote:

Borrego6165 wrote:

You don't need permission to review projects in the studios???

Not if they're already a part of the thread, as in within the studios. That's the point of the studios, to give freedom for us to review the projects inside.

LoopyS wrote:

Added Lights Out Hacking Game by AISweigart to the Arcade.

AISweigart follows me, so +3 points?

Sure!

Last edited by Borrego6165 (Oct. 28, 2013 09:38:51)

777atscratch
Scratcher
100+ posts

I've changed my signature . Its cool .

- Be creative and think beyond.777atscratch
Don't be feared in life otherwise you can't achieve. ~ 777atscratch.
Save Scratch from Hate.