Firedrake969
Scratcher
1000+ posts

¶ Commenting addition! ¶

Scratchifier wrote:

Firedrake969 wrote:

Scratchifier wrote:

Firedrake969 wrote:

No support; it can be confusing for New Scratchers and you can just do it in the Notes/Credits.

Also, what's with those paragraph markers around the title? xD

I updated my first post, and it's now simpler and easier to understand. The idea itself is actually quite simple once you can interact with it, but hard to explain.
No, I understand it. I'm saying how it could be overwhelming for New Scratchers because the message will probably be different on almost every project, AND there's no need since you can use the N&Cs for that.

The thing is, a lot of people don't read the notes and credits.
How do you know?

'17 rickoid

bf97b44a7fbd33db070f6ade2b7dc549
Scratchifier
Scratcher
1000+ posts

¶ Commenting addition! ¶

Firedrake969 wrote:

Scratchifier wrote:

Firedrake969 wrote:

Scratchifier wrote:

Firedrake969 wrote:

No support; it can be confusing for New Scratchers and you can just do it in the Notes/Credits.

I updated my first post, and it's now simpler and easier to understand. The idea itself is actually quite simple once you can interact with it, but hard to explain.
No, I understand it. I'm saying how it could be overwhelming for New Scratchers because the message will probably be different on almost every project, AND there's no need since you can use the N&Cs for that.

How do you know?

Because even when I put important things in there like sometimes “use the arrow keys to play” or “music made by me”, people still ask ridiculous questions like “How do I play?” and “where did you find the music?”
theonlygusti
Scratcher
1000+ posts

¶ Commenting addition! ¶

I still support this. It's a brilliant idea

Scratchifier
Scratcher
1000+ posts

¶ Commenting addition! ¶

fmtfmtfmt2
Scratcher
100+ posts

¶ Commenting addition! ¶

Support!

~fmtfmtfmt2
OmnipotentPotato
Scratcher
1000+ posts

¶ Commenting addition! ¶

Scratchifier wrote:

Firedrake969 wrote:

Scratchifier wrote:

Firedrake969 wrote:

Scratchifier wrote:

Firedrake969 wrote:

How do you know?

Because even when I put important things in there like sometimes “use the arrow keys to play” or “music made by me”, people still ask ridiculous questions like “How do I play?” and “where did you find the music?”
1000+ views / at most 5 people who said something like that = 1 in 200 which does not equal a lot.
Scratchifier
Scratcher
1000+ posts

¶ Commenting addition! ¶

OmnipotentPotato wrote:

Scratchifier wrote:

Firedrake969 wrote:

Scratchifier wrote:

Firedrake969 wrote:

Scratchifier wrote:

Firedrake969 wrote:

How do you know?

1000+ views / at most 5 people who said something like that = 1 in 200 which does not equal a lot.

I wish that those stats existed.

However, people are often very ignorant of the notes. For example, I loaded the instructions with helpful hints and controls on Ball Revamped 7, and while it was on the front page, I got so many comments saying “I'm stuck on level two”, then when I told them the hints to play in the comments, they were like “I didn't know that you could use the up arrow!”… and stuff like that.
Firedrake969
Scratcher
1000+ posts

¶ Commenting addition! ¶

Scratchifier wrote:

OmnipotentPotato wrote:

Scratchifier wrote:

Firedrake969 wrote:

Scratchifier wrote:

Firedrake969 wrote:

Scratchifier wrote:

Firedrake969 wrote:

How do you know?

I wish that those stats existed.

However, people are often very ignorant of the notes. For example, I loaded the instructions with helpful hints and controls on Ball Revamped 7, and while it was on the front page, I got so many comments saying “I'm stuck on level two”, then when I told them the hints to play in the comments, they were like “I didn't know that you could use the up arrow!”… and stuff like that.
Then put the notice at the very top of the Notes or Instructions. I couldn't find anything in your mentioned project that related to that, but I wouldn't really expect anyone to read more than two paragraphs (at most!). Basically, it's best to keep text in the box.

Last edited by Firedrake969 (Oct. 5, 2014 21:16:39)

'17 rickoid

OmnipotentPotato
Scratcher
1000+ posts

¶ Commenting addition! ¶

Yes, as firedrake said, once you start to have a scrollbar people won't need it. What could you need to write though longer than that? You're game is probably too complicated for the attention span of small children if you need more than that.
Scratchifier
Scratcher
1000+ posts

¶ Commenting addition! ¶

OmnipotentPotato wrote:

Yes, as firedrake said, once you start to have a scrollbar people won't need it. What could you need to write though longer than that? You're game is probably too complicated for the attention span of small children if you need more than that.

It probably is. I knew that when I shared it. However, Scratch isn't only composed of little children.
OmnipotentPotato
Scratcher
1000+ posts

¶ Commenting addition! ¶

Scratchifier wrote:

OmnipotentPotato wrote:

It probably is. I knew that when I shared it. However, Scratch isn't only composed of little children.
Yes, Scratch isn't all little children. All of the comments aren't asking how to play either though.
Scratchifier
Scratcher
1000+ posts

¶ Commenting addition! ¶

OmnipotentPotato wrote:

Scratchifier wrote:

OmnipotentPotato wrote:

Yes, Scratch isn't all little children. All of the comments aren't asking how to play either though.

True.

Edit: Since it was so long ago, I forgot exactly what I wanted people to stop doing. Just checked Ball Revamped. It was actually saying what level they got stuck at. I would have also wanted to put some advice in the comment addition.
Scratchifier
Scratcher
1000+ posts

¶ Commenting addition! ¶

Firedrake969
Scratcher
1000+ posts

¶ Commenting addition! ¶

Scratchifier wrote:

OmnipotentPotato wrote:

Scratchifier wrote:

OmnipotentPotato wrote:

True.

Edit: Since it was so long ago, I forgot exactly what I wanted people to stop doing. Just checked Ball Revamped. It was actually saying what level they got stuck at. I would have also wanted to put some advice in the comment addition.
I understand this is a slight tangent, but it's probably better to put tips/instructions/stuff like that in the actual project.

Last edited by Firedrake969 (Oct. 7, 2014 01:15:24)

'17 rickoid

xFlare
Scratcher
58 posts

¶ Commenting addition! ¶

The support I have for this is incredible.