Discuss Scratch

LionHeart70
Scratcher
1000+ posts

¶ Commenting addition! ¶

Support. Sometimes people don't read the description.
But I really want there to be restrictions. “Go away” is kinda rude, and users might just put things like this:
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Last edited by LionHeart70 (July 22, 2017 16:56:43)

lh70 / nora/tobi / she-they pronouns / pansexual-demisexual / 14 / sagittarius / furry / artist / intp / stop-motion films / lbp / fall out boy / panic! at the disco / twenty one pilots / stranger things / a series of unfortunate events
“When you have a bad day, a really bad day, try and treat the world better than it treated you.” -Patrick Stump
“Music seems to hold everything together. It seems to make things not so chaotic sometimes. It seems to make things make more sense sometimes.” -Tyler Joseph
“You'll fear your fears forever if you never do things you're afraid of.” -Josh Dun
“I'm still figuring out who I am, but I know I'm not who I was.” -Brendon Urie
Charles12310
Scratcher
1000+ posts

¶ Commenting addition! ¶

No Support. This would seem kind of rude and would also confuse New Scratchers.

I mean, it would be rude if someone told you to “Go away”, right?

Besides, you can always disable the comments section in projects.

Last edited by Charles12310 (July 22, 2017 16:52:22)

A few internet communication companies want to corrupt the internet by getting rid of net neutrality. Stop Them!
YubNubEwok
Scratcher
1000+ posts

¶ Commenting addition! ¶

AwesomeSmilee wrote:

YubNubEwok wrote:

Scratchifier wrote:

-snip-
I agree, but maybe it shouldn't say “Go away” isn't that kind of rude? It should say something like, “It looks like you have been posting disrespectful comments on my stuff, I won't let you comment on my projects or profile because of this issue.” Sorry if am getting the whole point of this wrong.
That's showing how you can report one of those comments.
But that would create more work for the Scratch Team.

Hello! I'mYubNubEwok!
YubNubEwok | Star Wars Nerd | Marvel Fan | Hunger Games Fan | #1 Wisconsin cheese Fan | Female | Christian | Webkinz user/collector | 2000+ posts | Philippians 4:13, Colossians 3:23 |
-Stuff to check out-
TheJediMasters
Ⓒⓡⓔⓐⓣⓘⓥⓔ Bᴜᴍᴘs
Right now I challenge you to: go to my profile, follow me, and check out my featured project (it's important!)

;
Wheatly_Scratcher
Scratcher
100+ posts

¶ Commenting addition! ¶

Charles12310 wrote:

YubNubEwok wrote:

I agree, but maybe it shouldn't say “Go away” isn't that kind of rude? It should say something like, “It looks like you have been posting disrespectful comments on my stuff, I won't let you comment on my projects or profile because of this issue.” Sorry if am getting the whole point of this wrong.
It seems like you are misunderstanding the suggestion. The three images in the OP were examples of what a user could write in the commenting addition. The 3rd one (“Go away.”) was to show the report button on the additions, not something that could be a choice to put in the addition.

Check these RPs out!: POWERED and Immortal!

Wheatly_Scratcher wrote:

Quoting oneself is just a desperate way to try to make oneself seem right.
(Tauqmuk) // Here is Tauqmuk, my kumquat protector. Because I'm curious, 
// I will reverse his name. K-U-M-Q-U-A-T. Wait, what? Tauqmuk: This signature has been eaten.
YubNubEwok
Scratcher
1000+ posts

¶ Commenting addition! ¶

Wheatly_Scratcher wrote:

Charles12310 wrote:

YubNubEwok wrote:

It seems like you are misunderstanding the suggestion. The three images in the OP were examples of what a user could write in the commenting addition. The 3rd one (“Go away.”) was to show the report button on the additions, not something that could be a choice to put in the addition.
I still don't get it, can someone explain to me why it would say, “Go away” and then you would report it, if the user chooses to make it say that?
Edit: I understand it now, no need to explain, I totally agree with this!

Last edited by YubNubEwok (July 22, 2017 18:08:30)

Hello! I'mYubNubEwok!
YubNubEwok | Star Wars Nerd | Marvel Fan | Hunger Games Fan | #1 Wisconsin cheese Fan | Female | Christian | Webkinz user/collector | 2000+ posts | Philippians 4:13, Colossians 3:23 |
-Stuff to check out-
TheJediMasters
Ⓒⓡⓔⓐⓣⓘⓥⓔ Bᴜᴍᴘs
Right now I challenge you to: go to my profile, follow me, and check out my featured project (it's important!)

;
Wheatly_Scratcher
Scratcher
100+ posts

¶ Commenting addition! ¶

YubNubEwok wrote:

Wheatly_Scratcher wrote:

-snip-
I still don't get it, can someone explain to me why it would say, “Go away” and then you would report it, if the user chooses to make it say that?
Perhaps it could be added to a blacklist for the whole site (which the Scratch Team would be able to edit) so nobody could ever say that again?

Wheatly_Scratcher wrote:

// I will reverse his name. K-U-M-Q-U-A-T. Wait, what? Tauqmuk: This signature has been eaten.
YubNubEwok
Scratcher
1000+ posts

¶ Commenting addition! ¶

Wheatly_Scratcher wrote:

YubNubEwok wrote:

Wheatly_Scratcher wrote:

-snip-
Perhaps it could be added to a blacklist for the whole site (which the Scratch Team would be able to edit) so nobody could ever say that again?
That does sound like a good idea, also, about the go away thing, is that only shown for certain users?

Hello! I'mYubNubEwok!
-Stuff to check out-
TheJediMasters
Ⓒⓡⓔⓐⓣⓘⓥⓔ Bᴜᴍᴘs

;
Wheatly_Scratcher
Scratcher
100+ posts

¶ Commenting addition! ¶

YubNubEwok wrote:

Wheatly_Scratcher wrote:

YubNubEwok wrote:

Wheatly_Scratcher wrote:

-snip-
That does sound like a good idea, also, about the go away thing, is that only shown for certain users?
No, we don't users writing those sorts of things. In fact, the Scratch Team could add “Go away.” to the blacklist right away if they are going to implement this suggestion.

Wheatly_Scratcher wrote:

duckboycool
Scratcher
1000+ posts

¶ Commenting addition! ¶

LionHeart70 wrote:

But I really want there to be restrictions. “Go away” is kinda rude, and users might just put things like this:
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Which is why there is a report option…

I used to be active on the forums, but I have mostly moved past Scratch. I still do check my Scratch messages, so if you'd like to talk to me, just leave a comment on my profile. My main project on Scratch was Cookie Clicker, but my newest project is Snake Snake, a game based off of Snake, but with two snakes, and you can play either singleplayer or multiplayer.

LionHeart70
Scratcher
1000+ posts

¶ Commenting addition! ¶

duckboycool wrote:

LionHeart70 wrote:

Which is why there is a report option…
Yes, I know. That's why I said I wanted restrictions so they're reportable.

lh70 / nora/tobi / she-they pronouns / pansexual-demisexual / 14 / sagittarius / furry / artist / intp / stop-motion films / lbp / fall out boy / panic! at the disco / twenty one pilots / stranger things / a series of unfortunate events
“When you have a bad day, a really bad day, try and treat the world better than it treated you.” -Patrick Stump
“Music seems to hold everything together. It seems to make things not so chaotic sometimes. It seems to make things make more sense sometimes.” -Tyler Joseph
“You'll fear your fears forever if you never do things you're afraid of.” -Josh Dun
duckboycool
Scratcher
1000+ posts

¶ Commenting addition! ¶

LionHeart70 wrote:

-snip-
I'm sorry. What exactly would these restrictions do?

I used to be active on the forums, but I have mostly moved past Scratch. I still do check my Scratch messages, so if you'd like to talk to me, just leave a comment on my profile. My main project on Scratch was Cookie Clicker, but my newest project is Snake Snake, a game based off of Snake, but with two snakes, and you can play either singleplayer or multiplayer.

LionHeart70
Scratcher
1000+ posts

¶ Commenting addition! ¶

duckboycool wrote:

LionHeart70 wrote:

-snip-
I'm sorry. What exactly would these restrictions do?
It'd be like restrictions for all other things. A bad word detector, moderation, whitelist of things you can say and blacklist of things you can't say, etc.

Charles12310
Scratcher
1000+ posts

¶ Commenting addition! ¶

Wheatly_Scratcher wrote:

YubNubEwok wrote:

Wheatly_Scratcher wrote:

YubNubEwok wrote:

Wheatly_Scratcher wrote:

-snip-
No, we don't users writing those sorts of things. In fact, the Scratch Team could add “Go away.” to the blacklist right away if they are going to implement this suggestion.
I still don't understand it.

A few internet communication companies want to corrupt the internet by getting rid of net neutrality. Stop Them!
WolfCat67
Scratcher
1000+ posts

¶ Commenting addition! ¶

Charles12310 wrote:

Wheatly_Scratcher wrote:

YubNubEwok wrote:

Wheatly_Scratcher wrote:

YubNubEwok wrote:

Wheatly_Scratcher wrote:

-snip-
I still don't understand it.
Basically, the “go away” thing was just an example of someone reporting it, because it's not allowed. That's sort of it.
So, yeah, not supporting because you think it's rude… That's what the report button they showed is for.

Galleigo
Scratcher
500+ posts

¶ Commenting addition! ¶

Who is even necroing this stuff?

This is 2 years old. I'll assume it's one of those “we rejected it but not really” ones.

((╯°□°)–︻╦╤─ – – – :: sensing) :: pen cap
Blocky, a young guard block, guards my signature from kumquats. Still trying to teach him how to shoot the kumquat instead of my signature. By the way, all these coloured URLs still work. Cool, huh? (Sorry for the insane bolding, italicising and underlining. :P)
CYBERSPHERE. They keep coming. It never ends. Can't stop. Won't stop.
My shop is here. Go check it out!
BEAT. How fast are your reflexes?
Space Debris.Tiny floating colourful particles. Nothing much.
Do YOU want to rule? Let's discuss the Rules for Rulers.
Interested in space? Check out The Solar System - Our Home in Space. I was too lazy to colour that one.
ORBIT. Dodge everything to survive!
yzyzyzlol
Scratcher
5 posts

¶ Commenting addition! ¶

I support this. this is nice.

evil kumquats need to eat something which isn't signatures, because NOW YOU CAN EAT SUNLIGHT!
Using a revolutionary technique, you can now convert sunlight into glucose. TASTE THE SUN!

We're no strangers to love/You know the rules and so do I/A full commitment's what I'm thinking of/You wouldn't get this from any other guy/I just wanna tell you how I'm feeling/Gotta make you understand/Never gonna give you up/Never gonna let you down/Never gonna run around and desert you/Never gonna make you cry/Never gonna say goodbye/Never gonna tell a lie and hurt you
Charles12310
Scratcher
1000+ posts

¶ Commenting addition! ¶

bump

YubNubEwok
Scratcher
1000+ posts

¶ Commenting addition! ¶

Bump
To make it clear: I DO support this! This would be very helpful to me and other Scratchers.

Hello! I'mYubNubEwok!
-Stuff to check out-
TheJediMasters
Ⓒⓡⓔⓐⓣⓘⓥⓔ Bᴜᴍᴘs

;
PrincessFlowerTV
Scratcher
1000+ posts

¶ Commenting addition! ¶

If the owner were to create the comment messages, they could be really mean.
If this were to be added, it would be a good idea to be able to report the message somehow.

Honestly, i don't think this is necessary.
No support.

Got to be good looking cause he's so hard to see -The Beatles

(Thank you @just-there from The Profile Picture Shop for the banner ^^)

Nothing's down here, sorry to disappoint you.

JK. there may be something down there…

Maybe not, tho.

You're determined, aren't you?

Talar du Svenska? Om inte, det ar fin.

Just stop it, will ya?

Fine, you win.

Take a rice cake. *yeets you a rice cake*
Say “Thanks for that rice cake, Kewpie!” if you made it this far.
-ShadowOfTheFuture-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

¶ Commenting addition! ¶

I like this suggestion. Support!

<Insert uncreative signature here>

██       ██  ██            ██  ██       ██
██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██ ██
███ ███ ██ ████ ██ ███ ███
█████████ █████ █████ █████████

“Though the seasons come and go, and sunshine turns to snow, we will always have tomorrow up ahead.”