Discuss Scratch

theonlygusti
Scratcher
1000+ posts

¶ Commenting addition! ¶

I actually really like this idea now that it is so much clearer, but I doubt that the Scratch Team will implement it.

I mean, on a “good” Scratchers projects, the messages would be used sensibly and creatively, maybe saying something like “Hi there! Feel free to ask any questions you may have about this project, I will happily answer them!”, but on “not-so-experienced” Scratchers, their messages would more probably be “Follow4follow?” or “This project rules!!!”, much less constructive messages.

So the addition of this feature could be both beneficial and not, so I'm indifferent, but closer to no support.

Scratchifier
Scratcher
1000+ posts

¶ Commenting addition! ¶

theonlygusti wrote:

I actually really like this idea now that it is so much clearer, but I doubt that the Scratch Team will implement it.

I mean, on a “good” Scratchers projects, the messages would be used sensibly and creatively, maybe saying something like “Hi there! Feel free to ask any questions you may have about this project, I will happily answer them!”, but on “not-so-experienced” Scratchers, their messages would more probably be “Follow4follow?” or “This project rules!!!”, much less constructive messages.

So the addition of this feature could be both beneficial and not, so I'm indifferent, but closer to no support.

I have to admit, my messages might be silly.

For example, I would probably use it to say “Potato!” on CWTeamAmethyst's profile. XD

Edit: Although that is not at all the reason I suggested it.

Last edited by Scratchifier (Oct. 2, 2014 20:17:49)

KingOfAwesome58219
Scratcher
1000+ posts

¶ Commenting addition! ¶

I don't think it should pop EVERY time, just maybe once a day nor something. Support anyways.

Firedrake969
Scratcher
1000+ posts

¶ Commenting addition! ¶

Scratchifier wrote:

Firedrake969 wrote:

No support; it can be confusing for New Scratchers and you can just do it in the Notes/Credits.

Also, what's with those paragraph markers around the title? xD

I updated my first post, and it's now simpler and easier to understand. The idea itself is actually quite simple once you can interact with it, but hard to explain.
No, I understand it. I'm saying how it could be overwhelming for New Scratchers because the message will probably be different on almost every project, AND there's no need since you can use the N&Cs for that.

'17 rickoid

bf97b44a7fbd33db070f6ade2b7dc549
OmnipotentPotato
Scratcher
1000+ posts

¶ Commenting addition! ¶

KingOfAwesome58219 wrote:

I don't think it should pop EVERY time, just maybe once a day nor something. Support anyways.
You mean have like 1/3 chance of showing on any project? That's not very effective.

Last edited by OmnipotentPotato (Oct. 3, 2014 01:00:18)

Scratchifier
Scratcher
1000+ posts

¶ Commenting addition! ¶

OmnipotentPotato wrote:

You mean have like 1/3 chance of showing on any project? That's not very effective.

What about it shows for your first comment on the project? Then it goes away. (Unless it gets updated).

It would be the same for studios and profiles.

Last edited by Scratchifier (Oct. 3, 2014 01:14:00)

OmnipotentPotato
Scratcher
1000+ posts

¶ Commenting addition! ¶

Scratchifier wrote:

OmnipotentPotato wrote:

What about it shows for your first comment on the project? Then it goes away. (Unless it gets updated).

That's better.
Frenzar
Scratcher
100+ posts

¶ Commenting addition! ¶

Pickle.

Last edited by Frenzar (Oct. 5, 2014 03:05:17)

Pickle=Support

OmnipotentPotato
Scratcher
1000+ posts

¶ Commenting addition! ¶

Frenzar wrote:

Pickle.

The ST prefers that people don't use substitutes on the forums.
derpmeup
Scratcher
1000+ posts

¶ Commenting addition! ¶

Scratchifier wrote:

OmnipotentPotato wrote:

That made me think… ‘Please don’t post your score in the comments' on profiles.

hey bro that's a pretty good meme xD!
samanyolu
Scratcher
1000+ posts

¶ Commenting addition! ¶

Support.
Scratchifier
Scratcher
1000+ posts

¶ Commenting addition! ¶

OmnipotentPotato wrote:

Frenzar wrote:

Pickle.

The ST prefers that people don't use substitutes on the forums.

I pickle what you said. xD

LOL JK

Last edited by Scratchifier (Oct. 3, 2014 16:03:43)

Scratchifier
Scratcher
1000+ posts

¶ Commenting addition! ¶

Firedrake969 wrote:

Scratchifier wrote:

Firedrake969 wrote:

No support; it can be confusing for New Scratchers and you can just do it in the Notes/Credits.

Also, what's with those paragraph markers around the title? xD

I updated my first post, and it's now simpler and easier to understand. The idea itself is actually quite simple once you can interact with it, but hard to explain.
No, I understand it. I'm saying how it could be overwhelming for New Scratchers because the message will probably be different on almost every project, AND there's no need since you can use the N&Cs for that.

The thing is, a lot of people don't read the notes and credits.
RPFluffy
Scratcher
1000+ posts

¶ Commenting addition! ¶

I definitely support

I really like the concept that you are using and the examples as they explain a lot and could be quite helpful!

Nothing Is EVER 100%, that is just an assumption.

Some important links: Here and here or need help click Here. Eats followers, Loves helping people.
My “..” and “…” are not spelling mistakes, it means that they are ways of telling someone that I can continue more about it and that the sentence isn't ended the best way. I like putting new indents and lines so I can split up what I am talking about.

Some important links: Here and here or need help click Here. Eats followers, Loves helping people. Check this MMO out! Kiwi = Support WHAT THAT'S IMPOSSIBLE: Through the drop down ;)
if <> :: control cstart

else :: control
end
Scratchifier
Scratcher
1000+ posts

¶ Commenting addition! ¶

RPFluffy wrote:

I definitely support

I really like the concept that you are using and the examples as they explain a lot and could be quite helpful!

Yay, thanks!

I have to credit Scratch mostly for the examples though… I mainly used inspect element and just unchecked certain boxes within the code so I didn't really do much… xD
TimothyLawyer
Scratcher
1000+ posts

¶ Commenting addition! ¶

Gherkin.

BeetleBlocks, WatercolorBot, and Turtle Art
Hover over a name or label to translate into current language
When Earth was… Purple?

☂️

Scratchifier
Scratcher
1000+ posts

¶ Commenting addition! ¶

TimothyLawyer wrote:

Gherkin.

Lol, I started composing a reply, but then I wondered what it was, saw the Wikipedia page…

…and then I started laughing… xD

Yay! XD Thanks! XD
Hobson-TV
Scratcher
37 posts

¶ Commenting addition! ¶

Scratchifier wrote:

I had an idea. It's based off of the new Scratcher comment popup that reminds you to be friendly and respectful while commenting. Here's a picture:

The comment addition would be an editable, optional, text popup that appears right next to the comment box while you type your comment. By editable, I mean that the owner of the profile, project, or studio that it is enabled on can type different messages into it whenever they feel like changing the message. They can also get rid of it at any time by just leaving it blank, and it won't show at all.

The first addition is an example of a comment addition on a project.

The “Feel free to request” one is an example of a comment addition on a profile.

And the “Go away” one is an example of what would happen if you reported the project owner's commenting addition for being mean. It would sent a text file of the current comment addition to a moderator. (Mod note: If implemented, make sure that it's not inspect element hackable! Considering that I made all of these with inspect element, I don't want false alerts from trolls reporting an inspect elemented mean addition. )

Anyway, hope you like!

Wowsers… This is quite the idea you have!

AbeLincoln wrote:

To be or not to be

I'm Batman!
Scratchifier
Scratcher
1000+ posts

¶ Commenting addition! ¶

Hobson-TV wrote:

Scratchifier wrote:

-Snip!-

Wowsers… This is quite the idea you have!

AbeLincoln wrote:

To be or not to be

Thanks! *researches quote meaning*…

Hmm… that's an interesting choice for a quote…
imadrainpipe
Scratcher
100+ posts

¶ Commenting addition! ¶

2 supports