Discuss Scratch

Haiming
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Melodia |Enrollment|

Announcements
-Please allow us 2-5 days to review your application!
-View our gorgeous new Melodia advertisement project here!!
-Follow MelodiaCo! For information, view this!

Overview
Melodia is now the largest shop on the entirety of Scratch! Due to the high amount of members, we are undergoing massive cuts.

What We Want
As of now, we want members that are extremely active and talented.

Prerequisites
Due to high demand for precious roster spots, we decided to only allow members that are capable to be considered.All applicants must fit at least two of the following.
1. You must have 100+ forum posts.
2. You must have over 80 followers OR you must have a following:follower ratio of 8:11 or better.
3. The project on your resume must have over 150 views OR 20+ loves.
4. You must be curating more than 15+ studios OR manage 5+ studios.

Prerequisites Explained
1. This may be the most important rule. Melodia is a forum based organization with MelodiaCo as our products port. Having 100+ posts show that you are active enough on the forums to be part of Melodia.
2. We like to have elite artists and producers, so there's the trend where those that are skilled end up with lots of followers. The second part is due to the issue of follow for follows. If you are following considerably less than you are being followed, that shows that you genuinely earned those followers.
3. Your resume for your Melodia application is, in your opinion, your best project. If your best project doesn't reach those above requirements, you aren't class enough for Melodia…yet.
4. While this seems so simple, it also shows that you are a reliable curator and won't spam studios. The Melodia Official studio is very strict, so if you meet the requirement, you obviously earned the trust of many other managers.

Benefits
1. Your profile will be linked on our Roster list, allowing our thousands of viewers the opportunity to click.
2. If you are in Melodia Academy, you will receive productive and fun practice and training from our Melodia Trainer.
3. You will be granted access to MelodiaCo*, a great collab account creating gorgeous games, music, and art.
4. You can view unfinished projects on MelodiaCo*, as well as contributing to them.
5. You will become curator of the Melodia studio.
6. You will receive member help and encouragement on your Scratch journey.
7. You can proudly say you are a part of Melodia!

Application
To receive all the listed benefits, you must fill out the form below and submit it for judging. Please submit all entries on this thread only! I will check more than just your application! ALL FIELDS ARE REQUIRED!
Frequency:
Skills:
Dedication:
Resume:
Guidelines and Initiation:
Miscellaneous:
Guide
Frequency: How often you're on Scratch.

Skills: What you're good at. This will determine what branch of Melodia you will be put in, if you are accepted.

Dedication: How dedicated you plan to be (1-10; 1 being not at all, 10 being a lot.). Your performance grade, if you are accepted, will vary depending on your answer for this. If your answer is above a 7, you will be interviewed further which may place you higher in the ranks.

Resume: Your best piece of music, scripting, or artwork. Please give me a link!

Guidelines and Initiation: Read the Melodia Administration guidelines for cut and furlough details. Also, please read the initiation section below so you know what to do if you are accepted. Once you've read BOTH, for this category, write “yes”. Any application that isn't marked “yes” will not be considered.

Miscellaneous: Anything else I should know.

Initiation
You MUST follow these directions if you are accepted!
1. Be sure to follow all five of the Melodia discussions (Main, Expansion, Application, Feedback, and Administration). You may miss some important information if you don't!
2. Reread the cut/furlough guidelines (link is below).
3. Accept the curator invitation to Melodia's studio. Also, please follow the studio.
4. Ask me for the password to MelodiaCo, if you are ranked Crew or above.
5. Make sure you read all of the topic post for all of the threads.
6. Post on any Melodia thread that you have completed initiation.

If Your Application is Rejected
If you don't make it, you may reapply in 3 months time. If your second application is also rejected, you may no longer apply.

If Your Application is Accepted
Please complete all steps of the initiation and read the following about how to complete an order.
Order Guide
Note: Since most of our new members are placed in the academy, Crimson will teach you more about how to become a successful Melodia member.
1. Claim the order, if possible, but do not claim too many. You may become overloaded while others have nothing to do.
2. Keep all discussion out of the main Melodia thread! If you need additional details, ask them on their profile!
3. If it is an audio or graphical request, create a project on MelodiaCo (if allowed), or your profile with the completed work inside it.
4. Notify the customer via Melodia main and their profile page.
5. If it is a review, go to Melodia |Feedback| and copy the exact template and fill it out accordingly.
If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

All new members will have a Copacetic grade due to insufficient data.

Please be familiar with these guidelines!

*The password is only given to members ranked Crew or above. See the Ranks section of Melodia for more details.

Last edited by Haiming (April 5, 2015 12:00:05)

TheHockeyist
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Melodia |Enrollment|

This would be a good application form. Hopefully this will draw in more members.

popper12
Scratcher
100+ posts

Melodia |Enrollment|

TheHockeyist wrote:

This would be a good application form. Hopefully this will draw in more members.
Yep. Maybe we could have an “Interview” thing. We ask a few questions, they answer them. Interviews for the more potent people, maybe people that dont want to start at trainee.

My signature protected from evil kumquats by elite swordsmen

Haiming
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Melodia |Enrollment|

popper12 wrote:

Yep. Maybe we could have an “Interview” thing. We ask a few questions, they answer them. Interviews for the more potent people, maybe people that dont want to start at trainee.
Anyone that puts in dedication as about a 7 will be interviewed further to advance in the ranks.
TheHockeyist
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Melodia |Enrollment|

popper12 wrote:

TheHockeyist wrote:

Not a bad idea. Perhaps we could do some sort of survey thing. Also we should add in how much experience have they had, and a link to their best work (if applicable).

MelodiaCo
Scratcher
100+ posts

Melodia |Enrollment|

This is the MelodiaCo account, for reference.

-Haiming

Blaze349
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Melodia |Enrollment|

Haiming wrote:

Overview
Hi! Melodia is the second largest shop on the entirety of Scratch! Can you believe that? It's second only to ErnieParke's Idea Shop, but we're rapidly growing. However, with size comes work and responsibility. A lot of our previous members were cut from the team due to inactivity, and we can't afford members that only take up our roster. Our world-class roster is limited in size, so we must keep the dedicated ones and cut the others.

What We Want
We want members who love music, art, and scripting! We currently have three branches, but we hope to expand soon! However, along with artistic skill, you must posses dedication, neatness, and hard-working. Being a member of the second largest shop on the forums is HUGE.

Benefits
1. Your profile will be linked on our Roster list, allowing our thousands of viewers the opportunity to click.
2. You will be granted access to MelodiaCo, a great collab account creating gorgeous games, music, and art.
3. You can view unfinished projects on MelodiaCo, as well as contributing to them.
4. You will become curator of the Melodia studio.
5. You will receive member help and encouragement on your Scratch journey.
6. You can proudly say you are a part of Melodia!

Application
To receive all the listed benefits, you must fill out the form below and submit it for judging. Please submit all entries on this thread only! I will check more than just your application!
Frequency:Every hour not at school(not joking).
Skills:Scripts(Java,Obj-c,Python,C#,scratch)Can play guitar and compose a little music.Okay at art.
Dedication:9
Miscellaneous:
Guide
Frequency: How often you're on Scratch.

Skills: What you're good at. This will determine what branch of Melodia you will be put in, if you are accepted.

Dedication: How dedicated you plan to be (1-10; 1 being not at all, 10 being a lot.). Your performance grade (which will be implemented after the 10,000 view renovation), if you are accepted, will vary depending on your answer for this. If your answer is above a 7, you will be interviewed further which may place you higher in the ranks.

Miscellaneous: Anything else I should know.Is it possible for me to be in multiple branches?

To go to the Melodia thread, press the banner on top.
Haiming
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Melodia |Enrollment|

@Blaze
You're already in.
Frenzar
Scratcher
100+ posts

Melodia |Enrollment|

Frequency: Daily
Skills: Vector art, Pixel art.
Dedication: 8/10
Miscellaneous:

Pickle=Support

Haiming
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Melodia |Enrollment|

@Frenzar
You will be given the rank of Trainee. Congratulations!
Frenzar
Scratcher
100+ posts

Melodia |Enrollment|

Haiming wrote:

@Frenzar
You will be given the rank of Trainee. Congratulations!
Thank you!

Pickle=Support

Blaze349
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Melodia |Enrollment|

Haiming wrote:

@Blaze
You're already in.
Oh yeah
turkey3
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Melodia |Enrollment|

Frequency: Daily multiple times
Skills: I am really good at efficient programming which means not using 100 broadcasts, using list encoding for smaller file size and ease of reliability and data
Dedication: 6
Misc: I am an pretty experienced web designer and have a web hosting company at http://gwiddle.org so I would be happy to even make a site for this!

Haiming
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Melodia |Enrollment|

@turkey3
You're placed as Scripts manager. I'll give you the password to MelodiaCo.
Haiming
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Melodia |Enrollment|

Bump
Haiming
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Melodia |Enrollment|

Administration completed.
popper12
Scratcher
100+ posts

Melodia |Enrollment|

turkey3 wrote:

Frequency: Daily multiple times
Skills: I am really good at efficient programming which means not using 100 broadcasts, using list encoding for smaller file size and ease of reliability and data
Dedication: 6
Misc: I am an pretty experienced web designer and have a web hosting company at http://gwiddle.org so I would be happy to even make a site for this!
This Connection is Untrusted

You have asked Firefox to connect securely to gwiddle.org:8083, but we can't confirm that your connection is secure.

Normally, when you try to connect securely, sites will present trusted identification to prove that you are going to the right place. However, this site's identity can't be verified.
What Should I Do?

If you usually connect to this site without problems, this error could mean that someone is trying to impersonate the site, and you shouldn't continue.

Uh Oh, your site is.. Blacklisted?

EDIT: Saw the help. oops-face.

Last edited by popper12 (Sept. 17, 2014 22:13:20)

My signature protected from evil kumquats by elite swordsmen

Haiming
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Melodia |Enrollment|

Bump
Haiming
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Melodia |Enrollment|

Bump
CelebiGamer
Scratcher
100+ posts

Melodia |Enrollment|

Frequency: Like, always on nearly every day
Skills: Ehh on graphics, fairly good at coding
Dedication: FREAK YEAH
Miscellaneous: VERY positive, lots of ideas

Generation 2: the first time you see this copy and paste it on top of your sig in the scratch forums and increase generation by 1. Social experiment