Discuss Scratch

remotelock
Scratcher
28 posts

SCRATCH MOVIE [HIRING!!!] ALL WELCOME!

Added to the people list? Go here: http://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/50828/?page=1#post-440698

Scratch needs good movies-not just your usual 2 minute animation but a full movie.
The movie hasn't gone anywhere yet- only really basic background ideas have been created which are not yet public.
We need you, no matter what you are good at, we need people to help us build this movie.
So, me. I am a writer, that's what I do, and it's what inspired me to do this. At the bottom of the page there's a sample of my writing-nothing to do with the movie, just a sample of the 1st thing that pops into my head because as I write this I haven't written it yet.

See bottom for forms
Who do we need? (No new scratchers)

Voice actors-To be our characters!-Anyone with a microphone, preferably experienced actors-Auditions will take place in future
Animators-Write the scripts to get everything moving-Experienced people only please-Comment the link to your best animated project as a audition
Detail Scripters-to write the detailed scripts-Only incredibly experienced scripters welcome- Comment the link to your best scripted project as a audition
Artists-for art! lots needed-No square people or 2 second drawings, real art only though all styles welcome-Auditions will take place in future
Planners-to lay out detailed plans-Whether you do flowcharts, storyboards or scripts your welcome little experience needed-Auditions will take place in future
Organisers-to get everyone doing their thing-Little experience needed, must be active 5-7 days a week for at least 10mins-Interviews may take place in future
Writers-to help me!-must have experience, for script writers see planners-Comment a snapshot of your writing
Basic Scripters-to get the simple work done- Nothing to do with detail scripters, little experience needed, promotions to detail scripters may happen- Comment the link to your best scripted project as a audition

Places available (No deputys/heads have been decided yet:

(Deputies must check with Heads before doing anything)
Head of op: remotelock
Deputy: OPEN
Head of voice actors: OPEN
Head of animators: OPEN
Head of detail scripters: OPEN
Head of artists: OPEN
talkingtoilet8
Head of writers: remotelock
Kittay
Head of basic scripters

Form:
Username:
Applying for section:
Would like to be head/deputy (y/n):
Age (optional):
How long I've been on scratch:
Been banned before? If so, when and why? (Don't worry-these play a tiny part in our opinion on you):
Activity (e.g 7 days a week 1-2 hours)
Link to project/writing snapshot:
I agree to be a kind member of the film community supporting others (y/n):
I understand that inappropriate behaviour may result in a ban from the community (y/n):
I understand that if I wish to take a break without ban I must inform the head of op at least 1 week before the break (y/n)
I would like credit on the finished project (y/n)

Writing Snapshot:

The cold wind rushed around me, freezing me to the bone as the dark trees gently swayed in perfect harmony. I began to regret coming out here after all… what was that? I slowly approached the quivering bush. “Wh-wh-whos th-there?”
“I am” a dark voice hissed. Little did I know they would be the last words I ever heard.

Last edited by remotelock (Oct. 22, 2014 07:09:44)

when green flag clicked
forever
a scratcher
end

SilverEagle
Scratcher
500+ posts

Hello! This sounds like it would be a blast, even if it is a tad ambitious.

Username: I forgot. It might be to the left of this post though.
Applying for section: Writing and scripting.
Would like to be head/deputy (y/n): I'd like to be deputy of writing, and head of scripting.
Age (optional): 13
How long I've been on scratch: 3 years, I think.
Been banned before? If so, when and why? (Don't worry-these play a tiny part in our opinion on you): Nope.
Activity (e.g 7 days a week 1-2 hours) I'm on nearly every day, and since I'm homeschooled, I can be pretty active when I need to.
Link to project/writing snapshot: Actually, I'll just write something here: (You can look at one of my projects for scripting confirmation)
Edmund fell backwards, flailing his arms as he toppled over the rocks. Rain screamed and sprinted forward, all threats that Slive had made fled from her mind. Slive watched with contempt as Rain barreled past him, desperately trying to reach Edmund in time. She had to. A loud whistle pierced Rain's thoughts, and she stumbled, nearly falling herself. She had reached the cliffside, but there was no sign of Edmund. Then there was laughter. Rain turned, tears pouring down her face as Slive chuckled to himself.
“He's gone, Herald. He's gone.”
Rain wept.
I agree to be a kind member of the film community supporting others (y/n): Yes, I do.
I understand that inappropriate behavior may result in a ban from the community (y/n): Of course!
I understand that if I wish to take a break without ban I must inform the head of op at least 1 week before the break (y/n) Yes.
I would like credit on the finished project (y/n) I'm fine either way.
(Also, I would suggest not having a planner or organizer section. I know it sounds like you'd need them, but they not only get in the way of collaborations like these, but are redundant and unneeded. Everybody can plan, and what on earth would an organizer do? I'm not trying to rain on your parade, this really sounds super fun, but if you want this to be successful, it also needs to be efficient and a bit more professional)

Last edited by SilverEagle (Aug. 31, 2014 22:22:48)

“Treat others how you wish to be treated”
Blue-Monkey
Scratcher
100+ posts

Username: Blue-Monkey (obviously)
Applying for section: Artist (I do smooth vector)
Would like to be head/deputy (y/n): no
Age (optional): n/a
How long I've been on scratch: about 5 months
Been banned before? no
Activity: a few hours on weekends, but not much on weekdays.
Link to project/writing snapshot: click here
I agree to be a kind member of the film community supporting others (y/n): yes
I understand that inappropriate behavior may result in a ban from the community (y/n): yes
I understand that if I wish to take a break without ban I must inform the head of op at least 1 week before the break (y/n): yes
I would like credit on the finished project (y/n): yes

Last edited by Blue-Monkey (Oct. 18, 2014 17:16:12)

Blue-Monkey

Be a business owner!
Are you sure you know all the tricks of using Google?

;

Click here to find out how to bring back the Semicolon Glitch
CelebiGamer
Scratcher
100+ posts

Username:
Applying for section: Planner, Basic Scripter, Organiser, or Writer
Would like to be head/deputy (y/n): I don't know
Age (optional): YOU REALLY THINK IM GONNA TELL YOU?
How long I've been on scratch: Not very long
Been banned before? If so, when and why? (Don't worry-these play a tiny part in our opinion on you): Um, NO!
Activity (e.g 7 days a week 1-2 hours) 5-7 days a week, for a lot of time
Link to project/writing snapshot: http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/25538474/
I agree to be a kind member of the film community supporting others (y/n): Obviously
I understand that inappropriate behaviour may result in a ban from the community (y/n): Again, DUH.
I understand that if I wish to take a break without ban I must inform the head of op at least 1 week before the break (y/n) Sure!
I would like credit on the finished project (y/n) Of course

Generation 2: the first time you see this copy and paste it on top of your sig in the scratch forums and increase generation by 1. Social experiment
BaconAndEggs1
Scratcher
1000+ posts

This does seem like a rather ambitious project. Still, I wish you well in your endeavours.

luey2
New to Scratch
4 posts

Username:narnia2mermaid
Applying for section:artist or script writer
Would like to be head/deputy (y/n):i would like to be head artist
Age (optional):12
How long I've been on scratch:1 year and 3 months
Been banned before? yes, i have been banned beacuse i said to a person: want me to help you? then they said no you loser!!! then reported me alot of times): but i have on for a yearActivity (e.g 7 days a week 1-2 hours)i agree
Link to project/writing snapshot: go to my profile click on my movie studio and i willl find more members and draw in there
I agree to be a kind member of the film community supporting others (y/n):yes
I understand that inappropriate behaviour may result in a ban from the community (y/n):yes
I understand that if I wish to take a break without ban I must inform the head of op at least 1 week before the break (y/n)yes
I would like credit on the finished project (y/n) if i ask yes if i do not no

luey2
New to Scratch
4 posts

narnia2mermaid
btw i cannot change picture sorry.
go to narnia2mermaid proflie My browser / operating system: Windows Vista, Microsoft Internet Explorer 9.0, Flash 14.0 (release 0)

Last edited by luey2 (Sept. 9, 2014 20:56:42)

luey2
New to Scratch
4 posts

luey2 wrote:

narnia2mermaid
btw i cannot change picture sorry.
go to narnia2mermaid proflie My browser / operating system: Windows Vista, Microsoft Internet Explorer 9.0, Flash 14.0 (release 0)
LUEY2 IS MY FAKE NAME
narnia2mermaid
Scratcher
100+ posts

hi its me narnia2mermaid i want to ask you when u can get back to me.
i am fine being an artist or writer . i want tell you i little somthing i wrote for an example plz check this out and get back to me!:

AHHHHHH! That was me screaming because i forgot to study for today's quiz! It's in math my WORST subject! I was so exahsted last night because i had softball practice. I am usally super prompt, ready, and exicited for school in the morning. But on days like this, i am tired, nervous and weary in the morning.So, I headed downstairs for breakfeast i had oatmeal squares, my favorite cereal it was delicous. Then i went back upstaris and threw on my favorite glitter Polka-dot shirt and new black jeggings then put my hair in the usual ponytail, brushed my teeth, grabbed my lunch and headed out the door.

click here to go to my profile
Christian, Competitive Gymnast, and Horse rider
talkingtoilet8
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Username:tt8
Applying for section: art
Would like to be head/deputy (y/n): yes
Age (optional):
How long I've been on scratch: 'bout a year
Been banned before? If so, when and why? (Don't worry-these play a tiny part in our opinion on you):I haven't.
Activity (e.g 7 days a week 1-2 hours): More than i should.
Link to project/writing snapshot: see my signature
I understand that inappropriate behaviour may result in a ban from the community (y/n): yes, but whats with all the banning?
I understand that if I wish to take a break without ban…..I wont be that active since I'll be working on Epic Trolls. But I'll do stuff every once in a while
I would like credit on the finished project (y/n) Of course!

narnia2mermaid
Scratcher
100+ posts

to: talkingtoilet8 i want to be a art debuty too(: i have won art competittions(: any way you sond AWESOME remotelock willl be lucky to have a awesome worker like you(:

Last edited by narnia2mermaid (Oct. 10, 2014 22:43:55)

Kittay
Scratcher
37 posts

Username: Kittay
Applying for section: Writing
Would like to be head/deputy: Nope.
Age (optional): Leaving blank.
How long I've been on scratch: I forgot. I have an old account that nobody knows is related to me, and it's been there since spring.
Been banned before? If so, when and why? (Don't worry-these play a tiny part in our opinion on you): Not on either accounts.
Activity (e.g 7 days a week 1-2 hours): Constantly changing
Link to project/writing snapshot: Can i just post some writing here?
The snow sparkled like pearls under Mitzi's feet. She passed by a tree, leaving deep footprints in the glistening snow.
I agree to be a kind member of the film community supporting others (y/n): Of course!!!
I understand that inappropriate behavior may result in a ban from the community (y/n): yep.
I understand that if I wish to take a break without ban I must inform the head of op at least 1 week before the break (y/n): yup.
I would like credit on the finished project (y/n): Sure.

My signature is currently being blasted to smithereens by an evil kitten. Please understand.
Catnip_Evergreen
New to Scratch
9 posts

Gyah! Used my new one! Sorry!
narnia2mermaid
Scratcher
100+ posts

Catnip_Evergreen wrote:

Gyah! Used my new one! Sorry!
?????

birdie1
Scratcher
5 posts

Username:birdie1
Applying for section: art
Would like to be head/deputy (y/n): i want to be head
Age (optional): 7
How long I've been on scratch: I think a year and a half.
Been banned before? If so, when and why? (Don't worry-these play a tiny part in our opinion on you):I haven't.
Activity (e.g 7 days a week 1-2 hours): I had a break for days sorry do you miss me?
Link to project/writing snapshot: see my signature
I understand that inappropriate behaviour may result in a ban from the community (y/n): yes, but whats with all the banning?
I understand that if I wish to take a break without ban…..I wont be that active since I'll be deleting some of my “Scratch Cat” projects and i want to know how!. But I'll do stuff every once in a while
I would like credit on the finished project (y/n) Of course!

Signed, jackop6's replacement, (because i forgot my password) birdie1.

PaRappa The Rapper
bugsy90
Scratcher
100+ posts

hullo there! Here is my form! Hope you consider it and start working with you guys!

Form:
Username:Bugsy90
Applying for section: either organizer or basic scripter
Would like to be head/deputy (y/n): maybe a deputy
Age (optional):
How long I've been on scratch: about 10 months
Been banned before? If so, when and why? (Don't worry-these play a tiny part in our opinion on you): no
Activity (e.g 7 days a week 1-2 hours) I can get on to the site from my ipod, but on the computer, it depends, so i will say….. 3-4 days out of the week
Link to project/writing snapshot: http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/16294606/
I understand that inappropriate behaviour may result in a ban from the community (y/n): yes
I understand that if I wish to take a break without ban I must inform the head of op at least 1 week before the break (y/n): yes
I would like credit on the finished project (y/n) yes if its not enough trouble

Hey! I'm bugsy90!
Click here for my projects!

Awesome_Scratcher_9
Scratcher
19 posts

Can I join? I am pretty good at scripting.

Here's the form:
Username: Awesome_Scrather_9 ( @Awesome_Scratcher_9 )
Applying for section: Head of Detail Scripters
Would like to be head/deputy (y/n): Yes
Age (optional): I don't want to share
How long I've been on scratch: Almost one year.
Been banned before? If so, when and why? (Don't worry-these play a tiny part in our opinion on you): Nope
Activity (e.g 7 days a week 1-2 hours) I am on at random times: Weekdays: 4:30 - 8:30
Link to project/writing snapshot: @Awesome_Scratcher_9 (I don't understand this question)
I agree to be a kind member of the film community supporting others (y/n): Yes
I understand that inappropriate behavior may result in a ban from the community (y/n): Yes
I understand that if I wish to take a break without ban I must inform the head of op at least 1 week before the break (y/n): Yes
I would like credit on the finished project (y/n) Yes
Awesome_Scratcher_9
Scratcher
19 posts

Awesome_Scratcher_9 wrote:

Username: Awesome_Scrather_9 ( @Awesome_Scratcher_9 )
Link to project/writing snapshot: @Awesome_Scratcher_9 (I don't understand this question)
Visit my user. Thats all
bugsy90
Scratcher
100+ posts

bugsy90 wrote:

hullo there! Here is my form! Hope you consider it and start working with you guys!

Form:
Username:Bugsy90
Applying for section: either organizer or basic scripter
Would like to be head/deputy (y/n): maybe a deputy
Age (optional):
How long I've been on scratch: about 10 months
Been banned before? If so, when and why? (Don't worry-these play a tiny part in our opinion on you): no
Activity (e.g 7 days a week 1-2 hours) I can get on to the site from my ipod, but on the computer, it depends, so i will say….. 3-4 days out of the week
Link to project/writing snapshot: http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/16294606/
I understand that inappropriate behaviour may result in a ban from the community (y/n): yes
I would like credit on the finished project (y/n) yes if its not enough trouble
Oh, I got something wrong on here! I was banned from commenting once because i was trying to do one of those nice chain posts and it was counted as spam and idk why………Sorry I didnt add that in…..

Hey! I'm bugsy90!
Click here for my projects!