Discuss Scratch

nanoPlank
Scratcher
66 posts

Combin Topic!

AgentCNF wrote:

is the layout I was thinking of, but I honestly like yours better.
Yea make it like this!

How do I draw the trees? Look at my comment above ^^
derpmeup
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Combin Topic!

AgentCNF wrote:

Yea make it like this!

hey bro that's a pretty good meme xD!
AgentCNF
Scratcher
100+ posts

Combin Topic!

nanoPlank wrote:

AgentCNF wrote:

Yea make it like this!

I think all the levels should be in the branches, just different levels of branches. So just make it so you only see tops and middle of the trees.

Play my latest game, Pixel Town 2.
nanoPlank
Scratcher
66 posts

Combin Topic!

AgentCNF wrote:

nanoPlank wrote:

AgentCNF wrote:

Yea make it like this!

I think all the levels should be in the branches, just different levels of branches. So just make it so you only see tops and middle of the trees.

1.Can I make it so you can go on top of the trees?
2. Should I make the branches you walk on flat but some in the background rotated?
AgentCNF
Scratcher
100+ posts

Combin Topic!

nanoPlank wrote:

AgentCNF wrote:

nanoPlank wrote:

AgentCNF wrote:

Yea make it like this!

2. Should I make the branches you walk on flat but some in the background rotated?
1. No. Just the middle branches
2. Yes

nanoPlank
Scratcher
66 posts

Combin Topic!

AgentCNF wrote:

nanoPlank wrote:

AgentCNF wrote:

nanoPlank wrote:

AgentCNF wrote:

Yea make it like this!

1. No. Just the middle branches
2. Yes

okay, I'll start now
Combin
New to Scratch
16 posts

Combin Topic!

I just finished the trees and grass and I think they are pretty good. I did a little bit of code (even though I'm not programmer) just to show how the animation will work. I saved it in this account. It would be awesome if some people could check it out. Thanks!

~nanoPlank
AgentCNF
Scratcher
100+ posts

Combin Topic!

Combin wrote:

I just finished the trees and grass and I think they are pretty good. I did a little bit of code (even though I'm not programmer) just to show how the animation will work. I saved it in this account. It would be awesome if some people could check it out. Thanks!

~nanoPlank
I'll check it out!

Combin
New to Scratch
16 posts

Combin Topic!

Combin wrote:

~nanoPlank
AgentCNF here. I really like it! I have an idea though. Instead of branches going across the tree, we should replace the branches with darker leaves. Let me show you. I'll make different costumes to show you
AgentCNF
Scratcher
100+ posts

Combin Topic!

Combin wrote:

~nanoPlank
There. I added a new tree costume with some changes. What do you think?

Combin
New to Scratch
16 posts

Combin Topic!

AgentCNF wrote:

Combin wrote:

~nanoPlank
There. I added a new tree costume with some changes. What do you think?

I kinda prefer the first one, but we'll have some other people check it out. SO CHECK IT OUT EVERYONE AND TELL WHICH ONE YOU LIKE BETTER
nanoPlank
Scratcher
66 posts

Combin Topic!

I added a to do list in the studio (suggested by frozen-fish) P
Combin
New to Scratch
16 posts

Combin Topic!

I really like the art style, but I think it would be better if you could run on the ground as well as the top of the trees. It would make more sense because snakes would be on the ground (they can't climb!), hawks would swoop in on the top, and sap would be in the middle.
However, we could abandon this logic because I absolutely love how it looks.
Also, I like the one with branches more than the dark leaves.
-DonutTruth

Last edited by Combin (July 4, 2014 04:05:57)

DonutTruth
Scratcher
93 posts

Combin Topic!

Also, I'm working on the music but it doesn't actually sound that wacky. I'll probably have to restart what I've done so far because I'm not sure how well it will fit the game. I'll save it on the account once I'm ready.
DonutTruth
Scratcher
93 posts

Combin Topic!

Ok, I just changed the instrumentation of the song and I like it a lot better now. It is saved on our account. Read the comment I put!
A_Broadhurst
Scratcher
100+ posts

Combin Topic!

nanoPlank wrote:

Blackswift wrote:

nanoPlank wrote:

Idek how to explain, agentCNF can explain. All I picture is like knights and fights and armor and quests and stuff

All I picture is a huge list and you type commands in…. The graphics people would have it easy. XD

xD nope, they'd have a TON to do, they'd need to draw the map the characters the enemies the landscape the tools the EVeRyTHiNG!!! xD

Hi guys sorry to intrude but if you decide to do an RPG, I am already working on a battle system with another colllab
http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/24255205/
I'm still working on it but once it is finished, I'll be glad for you to use it in your project
derpmeup
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Combin Topic!

A_Broadhurst wrote:

nanoPlank wrote:

Blackswift wrote:

nanoPlank wrote:

Idek how to explain, agentCNF can explain. All I picture is like knights and fights and armor and quests and stuff

All I picture is a huge list and you type commands in…. The graphics people would have it easy. XD

xD nope, they'd have a TON to do, they'd need to draw the map the characters the enemies the landscape the tools the EVeRyTHiNG!!! xD

Hi guys sorry to intrude but if you decide to do an RPG, I am already working on a battle system with another colllab
http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/24255205/
I'm still working on it but once it is finished, I'll be glad for you to use it in your project
Sorry, but we're not doing an RPG. We are doing a game kind of like Minion Rush, but without the 3D gameplay.

nanoPlank
Scratcher
66 posts

Combin Topic!

Combin wrote:

I really like the art style, but I think it would be better if you could run on the ground as well as the top of the trees. It would make more sense because snakes would be on the ground (they can't climb!), hawks would swoop in on the top, and sap would be in the middle.
-DonutTruth

Snakes can be in trees I guess, and hawks can still swoop down from the sky, but ummm I could make it so there are 2 branches and allow them to go on the ground. Btw derpmeup how's the squirrel coming along?
derpmeup
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Combin Topic!

nanoPlank wrote:

Combin wrote:

-DonutTruth

Snakes can be in trees I guess, and hawks can still swoop down from the sky, but ummm I could make it so there are 2 branches and allow them to go on the ground. Btw derpmeup how's the squirrel coming along?
I'm so sorry, I haven't started it yet. ;P

nanoPlank
Scratcher
66 posts

Combin Topic!

derpmeup wrote:

nanoPlank wrote:

Combin wrote:

-DonutTruth

I'm so sorry, I haven't started it yet. ;P

It's fine, the only thing I could get myself to do was the trees and grass since they're easy.