Discuss Scratch

AgentCNF
Scratcher
100+ posts

Combin Topic!

DonutTruth wrote:

AgentCNF wrote:

DonutTruth wrote:

Hey, so I've been accepted to the team as a composer. I really like the ideas that you have come up with so far and I look forward to Derpmeup's important squirrel drawing.
The game seems like it will be sort of silly (correct me if I'm wrong, there can be serious squirrels ) so would you want the music to sound sort of whacky?
I'll wait until we have some content before I begin making the music.
Welcome to the team ;-D
Thanks!
I hadn't thought of it before, but I don't know what we would've done without music once the game was done!

Play my latest game, Pixel Town 2.
derpmeup
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Combin Topic!

DonutTruth wrote:

Hey, so I've been accepted to the team as a composer. I really like the ideas that you have come up with so far and I look forward to Derpmeup's important squirrel drawing.
The game seems like it will be sort of silly (correct me if I'm wrong, there can be serious squirrels ) so would you want the music to sound sort of whacky?
I'll wait until we have some content before I begin making the music.
Awesome! Congrats!

hey bro that's a pretty good meme xD!
nanoPlank
Scratcher
66 posts

Combin Topic!

AgentCNF wrote:

Hows the background coming along, nanoplank?

I can't start for about 11 hours, im in bed and on my iPod SOOOO ADDICTED TO SCRATCH!!!
derpmeup
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Combin Topic!

nanoPlank wrote:

AgentCNF wrote:

Hows the background coming along, nanoplank?

I can't start for about 11 hours, im in bed and on my iPod SOOOO ADDICTED TO SCRATCH!!!
I'm on an iPod too right now. :3

derpmeup
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Combin Topic!

bump

Blackswift
Scratcher
47 posts

Combin Topic!

nanoPlank wrote:

Blackswift wrote:

Hey, so I didn't read all of what we said, but it seems like RPG and Platformer have been eliminated.
Awhile back, I came up with an idea, but I couldn't figure out how to do it. Maybe you guys know what to do?
It's like this cliff with a tower on top and you have to shoot at ships that are coming to invade it. If the ship makes it to the shoreline, then it unloads the military who start to march up the hill to destroy the town.
What do you think? I came up with that idea last…. October?? Sometime around then.
If you guys don't like it, PLEASE let me know. No hard feelings, k?

I like that idea but I think we should do that second. Mainly cause I already started the squirrel but also cause every already thinks we're doing it (I think). Here's the full explanation so far:

So basically, there is a squirrelrunning through tress collecting nuts. There will be obstacles such as sap dripping from trees, Hawks swooping out of the sky, snakes biting etc.. But there will also be powerups like a soda can that if you get it will start squirting out water from the cap and you will fly until the can is empty and a acorn gun that allows you to shoot acorns at hostiles. That's what we've got so far Sorry for spelling errors, this was a copy and paste and I'm too lazy

Sounds awesome!

derpmeup
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Combin Topic!

nanoPlank wrote:

Blackswift wrote:

Hey, so I didn't read all of what we said, but it seems like RPG and Platformer have been eliminated.
Awhile back, I came up with an idea, but I couldn't figure out how to do it. Maybe you guys know what to do?
It's like this cliff with a tower on top and you have to shoot at ships that are coming to invade it. If the ship makes it to the shoreline, then it unloads the military who start to march up the hill to destroy the town.
What do you think? I came up with that idea last…. October?? Sometime around then.
If you guys don't like it, PLEASE let me know. No hard feelings, k?

I like that idea but I think we should do that second. Mainly cause I already started the squirrel but also cause every already thinks we're doing it (I think). Here's the full explanation so far:

So basically, there is a squirrelrunning through tress collecting nuts. There will be obstacles such as sap dripping from trees, Hawks swooping out of the sky, snakes biting etc.. But there will also be powerups like a soda can that if you get it will start squirting out water from the cap and you will fly until the can is empty and a acorn gun that allows you to shoot acorns at hostiles. That's what we've got so far Sorry for spelling errors, this was a copy and paste and I'm too lazy
Wow, that sounds great! We should probably start working on it soon.

nanoPlank
Scratcher
66 posts

Combin Topic!

I'm gonna make the trees that the squirrel will be climbing on. If you look into the studio, you can see the new idea (which I like) DonutTruth came up with if you look in the comment thread starting with AgentCNF in the studio.
derpmeup
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Combin Topic!

nanoPlank wrote:

I'm gonna make the trees that the squirrel will be climbing on. If you look into the studio, you can see the new idea (which I like) DonutTruth came up with if you look in the comment thread starting with AgentCNF in the studio.
Ok, great!

DonutTruth
Scratcher
93 posts

Combin Topic!

nanoPlank wrote:

So will the squirrel be running in the trees, on the ground, or on top of the trees? It would be cool if you could switch lanes to avoid enemies! The ground would have snakes, the top of trees would have hawks swooping in, and inside of the trees there would be sap. Then you'd have to guide the squirrel in the right path.
nanoPlank
Scratcher
66 posts

Combin Topic!

DonutTruth wrote:

nanoPlank wrote:

So will the squirrel be running in the trees, on the ground, or on top of the trees? It would be cool if you could switch lanes to avoid enemies! The ground would have snakes, the top of trees would have hawks swooping in, and inside of the trees there would be sap. Then you'd have to guide the squirrel in the right path.

Wowzers, you joining the team was a good idea. Great job with the brainstorming so far, I love what you came up with!
derpmeup
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Combin Topic!

DonutTruth wrote:

nanoPlank wrote:

That's a cool idea! I thank that having the 3 lane idea would make the game good, kind of like Minion Rush.

nanoPlank
Scratcher
66 posts

Combin Topic!

derpmeup wrote:

DonutTruth wrote:

nanoPlank wrote:

That's a cool idea! I thank that having the 3 lane idea would make the game good, kind of like Minion Rush.

But it wouldn't be 3D like minion rush, would it?
derpmeup
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Combin Topic!

nanoPlank wrote:

derpmeup wrote:

DonutTruth wrote:

nanoPlank wrote:

No, 2D.

DonutTruth
Scratcher
93 posts

Combin Topic!

nanoPlank wrote:

derpmeup wrote:

DonutTruth wrote:

nanoPlank wrote:

No, I think it would be a side-view so you could go to the top of the screen, middle of the screen, and bottom of the screen. And you'd be running to the right.
nanoPlank
Scratcher
66 posts

Combin Topic!

DonutTruth wrote:

nanoPlank wrote:

derpmeup wrote:

DonutTruth wrote:

nanoPlank wrote:

No, I think it would be a side-view so you could go to the top of the screen, middle of the screen, and bottom of the screen. And you'd be running to the right.

Okay, but how would I be drawing the trees then? Would perhaps the camera view change when you move up and down?
derpmeup
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Combin Topic!

DonutTruth wrote:

nanoPlank wrote:

derpmeup wrote:

DonutTruth wrote:

nanoPlank wrote:

is the layout I was thinking of, but I honestly like yours better.

Last edited by derpmeup (July 3, 2014 04:26:35)

DonutTruth
Scratcher
93 posts

Combin Topic!

I think our ideas are the same… (I was thinking of the same layout.)

Also, if you didn't know, @Blackswift will be gone for a bit less than 2 weeks. Look at this: http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/24296055/

So, getting back to work, we're gonna need a side-view background of a forest that will scroll to the left as the squirrel runs. That is, if we've all agreed on that.

Last edited by DonutTruth (July 3, 2014 05:04:22)

nanoPlank
Scratcher
66 posts

Combin Topic!

DonutTruth wrote:

I think our ideas are the same… (I was thinking of the same layout.)

Also, if you didn't know, @Blackswift will be gone for a bit less than 2 weeks. Look at this: http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/24296055/

So, getting back to work, we're gonna need a side-view background of a forest that will scroll to the left as the squirrel runs. That is, if we've all agreed

(I accidentally erased some of your writing) how would I draw the trees then? Would I have them take up 3/4 of the screen, so that when your at the lowest your in front of the trunk and middle your in the tree and top your on top of the tree?
AgentCNF
Scratcher
100+ posts

Combin Topic!

is the layout I was thinking of, but I honestly like yours better.
Yea make it like this!

Play my latest game, Pixel Town 2.