Discuss Scratch

AgentCNF
Scratcher
100+ posts

Combin Topic!

nanoPlank wrote:

AgentCNF has requested we move the conversation to the studio so that it will be easier to talk. If you don't know where the studio is (even though were all curators ) Here's a link: http://scratch.mit.edu/studios/474745/ Thanks!
Let's go discuss more ideas there!

Play my latest game, Pixel Town 2.
AgentCNF
Scratcher
100+ posts

Combin Topic!

OK guys from now on, this topic is for sharing ideas with everyone, and the studio chat is for random chatting, that way we don't spam this topic with big long conversations.

nanoPlank
Scratcher
66 posts

Combin Topic!

WE HAVE NOT PERMANENTLY MOVED TO THE STUDIO IT IS JUST FOR ONE ON ONE CONVERSATIONS, THIS FORUM WILL BE USED FOR SENDING MESSAGES TO THE WHOLE GROUP! Thanks Sorry is caps bothers you
Blackswift
Scratcher
47 posts

Combin Topic!

Hey, so I didn't read all of what we said, but it seems like RPG and Platformer have been eliminated.
Awhile back, I came up with an idea, but I couldn't figure out how to do it. Maybe you guys know what to do?
It's like this cliff with a tower on top and you have to shoot at ships that are coming to invade it. If the ship makes it to the shoreline, then it unloads the military who start to march up the hill to destroy the town.
What do you think? I came up with that idea last…. October?? Sometime around then.
If you guys don't like it, PLEASE let me know. No hard feelings, k?

Blackswift
Scratcher
47 posts

Combin Topic!

And I'm confused… So we're gonna have a game with a squirrel and a hawk… and that's all I got out of it…

nanoPlank
Scratcher
66 posts

Combin Topic!

Blackswift wrote:

Hey, so I didn't read all of what we said, but it seems like RPG and Platformer have been eliminated.
Awhile back, I came up with an idea, but I couldn't figure out how to do it. Maybe you guys know what to do?
It's like this cliff with a tower on top and you have to shoot at ships that are coming to invade it. If the ship makes it to the shoreline, then it unloads the military who start to march up the hill to destroy the town.
What do you think? I came up with that idea last…. October?? Sometime around then.
If you guys don't like it, PLEASE let me know. No hard feelings, k?

I like that idea but I think we should do that second. Mainly cause I already started the squirrel but also cause every already thinks we're doing it (I think). Here's the full explanation so far:

So basically, there is a squirrelrunning through tress collecting nuts. There will be obstacles such as sap dripping from trees, Hawks swooping out of the sky, snakes biting etc.. But there will also be powerups like a soda can that if you get it will start squirting out water from the cap and you will fly until the can is empty and a acorn gun that allows you to shoot acorns at hostiles. That's what we've got so far Sorry for spelling errors, this was a copy and paste and I'm too lazy
nanoPlank
Scratcher
66 posts

Combin Topic!

Okay everyone, I drew the squirrel. But it didn't turn out as I hoped it would I think Derpmeup should give it a shot… I'm putting it in our account
derpmeup
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Combin Topic!

nanoPlank wrote:

Okay everyone, I drew the squirrel. But it didn't turn out as I hoped it would I think Derpmeup should give it a shot… I'm putting it in our account
Ok, i'll try it.

hey bro that's a pretty good meme xD!
AgentCNF
Scratcher
100+ posts

Combin Topic!

OK Guys i'm gonna put my managing status to use and give out some jobs. @derpmeup get that squirrel don as soon as possible. That's your job for now. @nanoPlank how about you put your vector skills to work and make a good background(s)? As for the scripters, your job will come at a later time.

-AgentCNF

nanoPlank
Scratcher
66 posts

Combin Topic!

AgentCNF wrote:

OK Guys i'm gonna put my managing status to use and give out some jobs. @derpmeup get that squirrel don as soon as possible. That's your job for now. @nanoPlank how about you put your vector skills to work and make a good background(s)? As for the scripters, your job will come at a later time.

-AgentCNF

Okay, I'm glad to see your taking the initiative I'll start tomorrow since it's late
AgentCNF
Scratcher
100+ posts

Combin Topic!

nanoPlank wrote:

AgentCNF wrote:

-AgentCNF

Okay, I'm glad to see your taking the initiative I'll start tomorrow since it's late
Cool!

derpmeup
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Combin Topic!

AgentCNF wrote:

-AgentCNF
derpmeup's to do list on Combin:

•Draw a Squirrel

Last edited by derpmeup (July 2, 2014 01:43:10)

hey bro that's a pretty good meme xD!
AgentCNF
Scratcher
100+ posts

Combin Topic!

derpmeup wrote:

AgentCNF wrote:

-AgentCNF
derpmeup's to do list on Combin:

•Draw a Squirrel
Lol it's an important job XD

DonutTruth
Scratcher
93 posts

Combin Topic!

Hey, so I've been accepted to the team as a composer. I really like the ideas that you have come up with so far and I look forward to Derpmeup's important squirrel drawing.
The game seems like it will be sort of silly (correct me if I'm wrong, there can be serious squirrels ) so would you want the music to sound sort of whacky?
I'll wait until we have some content before I begin making the music.
Combin
New to Scratch
16 posts

Combin Topic!

DonutTruth wrote:

Hey, so I've been accepted to the team as a composer. I really like the ideas that you have come up with so far and I look forward to Derpmeup's important squirrel drawing.
The game seems like it will be sort of silly (correct me if I'm wrong, there can be serious squirrels ) so would you want the music to sound sort of whacky?

Hmm.. Do you know what kind of music they have in games like jet pack joyride? Something like that but mixed with wacky would be awesome!
DonutTruth
Scratcher
93 posts

Combin Topic!

Combin wrote:

DonutTruth wrote:

Hmm.. Do you know what kind of music they have in games like jet pack joyride? Something like that but mixed with wacky would be awesome!
So is this game going to be like a survival-runner thing (temple run, minion rush, jetpack joyride, etc.)? I have an idea of how to write something like that.
AgentCNF
Scratcher
100+ posts

Combin Topic!

DonutTruth wrote:

Welcome to the team ;-D

nanoPlank
Scratcher
66 posts

Combin Topic!

DonutTruth wrote:

Combin wrote:

DonutTruth wrote:

So is this game going to be like a survival-runner thing (temple run, minion rush, jetpack joyride, etc.)? I have an idea of how to write something like that.

Yeah I think so, good luck!
AgentCNF
Scratcher
100+ posts

Combin Topic!

Hows the background coming along, nanoplank?

DonutTruth
Scratcher
93 posts

Combin Topic!

AgentCNF wrote:

DonutTruth wrote:

Welcome to the team ;-D
Thanks!