Discuss Scratch

Doodle-cats
Scratcher
500+ posts

--->"How do I join the Scratch Team?" You might be disappointed... <---

Well If you want to meet the ST you could go to the Scratch Day event in Cambridge…

Did anyone tell you I was a Time Lord? You should know. I live in Fourtrees, with my good friends Germany, England, America, and my fellow pokemon Skitty and Delcatty. We go to Hogwarts and battle Titans.
One last thing~ Never-I mean never-make France laugh.
France laughs [honhonhonhonhonhon] ::looks
PaganoLeo10
Scratcher
100+ posts

Even though I have 6 or 7 years til' I can join, I think this rule is fair because:

Soundmotion wrote:

The Scratch Team has to deal with some very mature things that you can't legally view until you are 18+ anyway.

Last edited by PaganoLeo10 (March 22, 2015 23:33:20)

Moving on from Scratch? Learn a C derivative or Java.
Please give me an internet (Yes, I am UnitedUntitled.) In return you get a slogan.
“Scratch is awesome” 43 translations later with Yandex we get “What is good”.

Being awesome, staying awesome. -PaganoLeo10

rdococ
Scratcher
500+ posts

Vetpetmon
Scratcher
1000+ posts

too bad I'm 11. But, I think it's just mean not to let smart/Gifted kids volunteer. Just because some kid like me is under 18 doesn't mean she/he knows real code. Just look at me! I created SSTW with C# and UnityScript with no bugs! WHY! Y!

And yes, the entire game is created with 70+ lines of code.

Pet peeve: Lag. Just, lag. Lag, lag, LAG SPIKE-
There is a need for perfection, even if it's unusual: www.vetpetmon.com
A retired Scratcher who won't be using scratch. I usually go on the forums. I mostly play Unturned, but sometimes, I make mods for games. Knows many programming languages: 100% of HTML, about 60% of CSS, 1% JS, 2% of C#, 50% TSC (for CS modding) and, 1% ASM. Is experienced at Beatbox. I also like writing stories about topics that are interesting to me. I'm well known for my variety of skills that range from programming, art, music, writing, and more. Yes, I have too many hobbies, and I am in 6 fandoms right now!
;
Vetpetmon
Scratcher
1000+ posts

PrincessPanda_test_ wrote:

OmnipotentPotato wrote:

I don't think the 18+ rule is very fair. If you're just volunteering your time to help Scratch, why should they care if your 2 as long as you know what you're doing?
Lol
If that was allowed, there will be so much babies wandering around the lab crying and chewing on computer mouses.
Oh, It gets much worse…

TWOGONDOG ON A RAGE!

A retired Scratcher who won't be using scratch. I usually go on the forums. I mostly play Unturned, but sometimes, I make mods for games. Knows many programming languages: 100% of HTML, about 60% of CSS, 1% JS, 2% of C#, 50% TSC (for CS modding) and, 1% ASM. Is experienced at Beatbox. I also like writing stories about topics that are interesting to me. I'm well known for my variety of skills that range from programming, art, music, writing, and more. Yes, I have too many hobbies, and I am in 6 fandoms right now!
;
daddyhulk
Scratcher
9 posts

I need to redirect all random people saying “ME ON SCRATCH TEAM!” I think this will be very helpful so people actually understand this stuff about the ST
Vetpetmon
Scratcher
1000+ posts

rdococ wrote:

What I would do is just create a programming language and grow a community of my own.

Oui, you'll have to know HTML, CSS, Ruby and JavaScript.

Just because i'm starting Furunity (Fur-Powered Community), doesn't mean that I'm creating a new PL. It's a site for GAME and ANIMATIONS, also filled with FDG stuff.

Link

And yes, Furunity will not be like Scratch's community. There will be no “Team” that leads the entire website. That one webmaster is me.

Though, if trusted, you can be a moderator if I know you in real life, and that's yet only my BFF.

But, good luck with that, your going to need to learn 5-7 programming languages VERY well. I'm not into HTML 5 yet… But html is the most easiest PL to learn. No joke, it's %100 true. Just get a course and you'll see.

;
Rumanti
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Vetpetmon wrote:

But, I think it's just mean not to let smart/Gifted kids volunteer. Just because some kid like me is under 18 doesn't mean she/he knows real code. Just look at me! I created SSTW with C# and UnityScript with no bugs! WHY! Y!

And yes, the entire game is created with 70+ lines of code.
They will expect what they will expect from an adult: Full-time and hard worker, strong will, years of experience, maturity, long health, etc, etc.
And when you apply for any job, they don't only look at your knowledge. They will look at your mental, maturity, and others.

So it's not just the age nor the money. It's more like maturity.
I would advise you to spend more times learning, so that you could ACTUALLY be a Scratch Team later. It's not easy to be a Scratch Team, even for an adult.

rdococ wrote:

What I would do is just create a programming language and grow a community of my own.
<sacarsm>Good luck. </sacarsm>

Last edited by Rumanti (April 2, 2015 08:45:53)

:wq
Prinseskat
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I guess it's like any other job - I'm not sure if an 8-year-old can or should work, regardless of the job and its needs.

haha funny kumquat meme
schoolk12
Scratcher
30 posts

I thinks the 18+ rule is pretty fair. Because as you get older you dont only age you get smarter and wiser.

I am a Nightwing Named Shadow…….. O_O

A quote: “Who you are on the outside is not who you are on the inside.”
SodaPop3
New to Scratch
1 post

i am 10 and i will probably only care about school by 18…………we'll see what happens…………..
TheMatrixKid
Scratcher
100+ posts

PrincessPanda_test_ wrote:

OmnipotentPotato wrote:

I don't think the 18+ rule is very fair. If you're just volunteering your time to help Scratch, why should they care if your 2 as long as you know what you're doing?
Lol
If that was allowed, there will be so much babies wandering around the lab crying and chewing on computer mouses mice.

As you know what you are doing.

I'm a CDR! Born under CONSes!
TheMatrixKid
Scratcher
100+ posts

Prinseskat wrote:

I guess it's like any other job - I'm not sure if an 8-year-old can or should work, regardless of the job and its needs.

Well, in some countries, there are slightly different regulations.

No, an eight year old cannot work.
In Australia, I believe 15 year olds can participate in fully fledged work.
Younger children can do basic and “light” work where the work is outside of school hours. Light work includes delivering the newspaper. The manager needs a working with children's card to employ you though.
As to whether programming is light work, I don't know. I'd personally say yes, but the governemnt runs on logic (or so we think), not opinion.

I'm a CDR! Born under CONSes!
stonegate-no1
Scratcher
4 posts

I don't think it's fair
stonegate-no1
Scratcher
4 posts

don't think is fair at all whey do you have to be 18 plus it's unfair I really want to help scratch!!! I tried to figure out how to join the scratch team the second I joined scratch now that I found out how I am very disappointed

stonegate-no1