Discuss Scratch

dsaztur
Scratcher
500+ posts

How to give helpful suggestions about Scratch: Scratch Design Goals

joefarebrother wrote:

There should be some backward compatability with 1.4: if I make some changes to a project online, but without using any of the 2.0-specific features, then it should be possible to open that project in 1.4 again.
That's already there, but I don't know where.

no
jabela
Scratcher
1 post

This may have been asked for before, but I think version control would be really useful, so that people can see how their projects have developed. Also if they introduce a large bug then they can go back. I was thinking something like:
Every time you save, it goes up by point 1 e.g 0.1 0.2 etc
Every time you Share, it goes up by a whole number 1,2,3

I know this sounds simple in theory, but is probably very difficult in practice. However it would be appreciated especially as a teacher so that I can disentangle students code.
KittyDance
Scratcher
17 posts

I would love a scratch app for iOS so I can scratch on my iPod
programmer587
Scratcher
6 posts

Laternenpfahl wrote:

It's great! I'd love a way to make cloud a variable that is “secret” though (not viewable, not accessible in remixes)
I want that too.
vacuumfan7072
Scratcher
100+ posts

Nathanator1416J wrote:

I hope I can report a bug here. When I go to account settings, it takes me to “my stuff”. Don't know if it is just because I was there last or not, but it is kind of annoying. By the way, this is definitely high ceiling and wide walls. I'm designing a scratch program that takes a fuzzy picture of the user!
If you have bugs, post it here.

Scratching since 2010
when green flag clicked
forever
Keep Smiling, Homie
end
vacuumfan7072
Scratcher
100+ posts

programmer587 wrote:

Laternenpfahl wrote:

It's great! I'd love a way to make cloud a variable that is “secret” though (not viewable, not accessible in remixes)
I want that too.
imagine • program • share

Scratching since 2010
when green flag clicked
forever
Keep Smiling, Homie
end
curiouscrab
Scratcher
500+ posts

Lightnin wrote:

Who are we designing Scratch for?

We're designing Scratch for girls, boys, experienced users, educators, and especially people with very little or no experience programming. We take feedback from all these people – through meetings, workshops, emails, and these forums – when designing Scratch.
Also classrooms and classes. You kind of mentioned boys and girls and educators, but I think it would be better to say in classes at the end of the sentence to make it more clear.
BlueDogXL
Scratcher
100+ posts

maybe more tips on the Tips bit?

SEMICOLON SHALL LIVE
mrchocolate
New to Scratch
3 posts

I dont know to be truthful
Mistop
Scratcher
51 posts

introducing… http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/11537345/

< (e) = ((m) * ((c) * (c)))>
rockstar151
Scratcher
23 posts

Lightnin, you should add instruction blocks which tell you to do something(not the sprite!). It would be useful when you have to click somethings in order.

Hi! I am rockstar151! If you need any help, just ask me something and i will help you.
rockstar151
Scratcher
23 posts

Let us make our own tabs as well. Also, let us color our tabs and make them a kind of block(not just stack blocks).

Hi! I am rockstar151! If you need any help, just ask me something and i will help you.
rockstar151
Scratcher
23 posts

Also, Let us switch to text mode for advanced users who know a lot of programming.

BlueDogXL
Scratcher
100+ posts

How about a separate chat forum (with it's own button on top of the page) so Scratchers can get to know each other? That would be nice.

SEMICOLON SHALL LIVE
NoxSpooth
Scratcher
1000+ posts

BlueDogXL wrote:

How about a separate chat forum (with it's own button on top of the page) so Scratchers can get to know each other? That would be nice.
No, there used to be a Forum like that, but it was removed for being too hard to moderate.
Eintity
Scratcher
100+ posts

When I make an idea, I like to listen to Apple's inspiring music. Helps me think and all.

JDM or die!
My PC's Specs: 3.5 GHz- 3.9 GHz Intel i7 2700K, 16 GB DDR3 RAM, Sapphire AMD R9 280X Dual-X OC, 1 TB HDD + 260 GB SSD (OS), 24“ 1080p Display
My iMac G4's Specs: 1 GHz PowerPC G4, 1 GB DDR RAM, Nvidia Geforce 2 MX, 80 GB ATA, 15” 768p Display

zorket
Scratcher
500+ posts

I've made a few ideas, but how do I know if they're gonna get added to scratch?

Yes
mcpgirl
Scratcher
6 posts

So far Scratch 2.0 is working out for me, I've finally have gotten used to the set up of the site. I don't tend to use the actual program, because it is quite confusing for me, and I use the old one, but I have something to recommend about the actual site.

It would be nice if when searching for studios, it would be like the old site. I would like to see the most active studios coming up first, it would be helpful.
Also, alike the old site, it would be nice if you could veiw more of the most remixed things or most loved things.

Thanks
PhirripSyrrip
Scratcher
500+ posts

If only everyone who posted here read this post…

zorket wrote:

I've made a few ideas, but how do I know if they're gonna get added to scratch?
They probably won't for now I've seen lots of good ideas suggested a long time ago that haven't been implemented. I think that the ST have lots of things on their to-do list that are fundamental to making Scratch 2.0 work.

; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;You thought I'd get away from you, didn't you?!
shredthe3rd
Scratcher
100+ posts

When you make projects, the 2nd best thing is COURAGE. That helps you achieve more.

You won't be unknown anymore