Discuss Scratch

Animeboy975
Scratcher
1000+ posts

What is the most frustrating part of a video game you played?

Launch Octopus in Megaman X. His stage is not too bad, but Launchy himself is just so…..ughhh.

Hello dear followers, i'm back.
Pipko411
Scratcher
100+ posts

Animeboy975 wrote:

Launch Octopus in Megaman X. His stage is not too bad, but Launchy himself is just so…..ughhh.
Squidward`s cyborg cousin.

hey I'm becca! scratch's resident old witch
when I receive [Falco]
forever
broadcast [Up Tilt]
end
HotCocoa28
Scratcher
500+ posts

Luck-based gameplay. Can anyone that isn't certifiably insane say they enjoyed losing a vital crewmember by just landing on a space in FTL? Or how about not getting the proper upgrades to beat the boss making it impossible? You know what, as much as I love it, a lot of FTL can go in this category.

Last edited by HotCocoa28 (July 7, 2013 02:25:43)

When translation goes wrong…
scratchisthebest
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Super Hexagon. All of it.
New record: 59.8 seconds
Next level at 60 seconds

Also the squares in Atama no Taisou every BD / Nogard / 0108 map ever, but nobody here plays osu!.

I am a Lava Expert
Pipko411
Scratcher
100+ posts

Another frustrating moment in a video game I played is Labyrinth Zone from Sonic 1.

That boss is kind of hard, even though he does not hit you. But the obstacles…..god.

One of the hardest zones in Sonic.

when I receive [Falco]
forever
broadcast [Up Tilt]
end
Sausagefanclub
Scratcher
100+ posts

The Bowser/Wart/Wily battle in I Wanna Be The Guy. The first two phases are easy once you figure out what to do, but the third one is hard and if you die you have to waste over a minute completing the first two phases to get back to the real battle again.
NeilWest
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The Elite Four from Pokemon.

ProdigyZeta7
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The hardest part of a game I've come across is the Function Control Deck level in Tron 2.0: Killer App. Don't get me started on how hard it is.

dsaztur
Scratcher
500+ posts

Protect the hostages! Rescue the hostages!

no
StarscreamClone
Scratcher
1000+ posts

dsaztur wrote:

Protect the hostages! Rescue the hostages!
Primus, I hate things like that.

A similar scenario: War for Cybertron Autobot campaign where you're fighting waves of Decepticons while trying to protect Ratchet at the same time while he's repairing Omega Supreme. And all the while hes shouting at you to keep him protected. Then he goes unconscious and you have to revive him, and it doesn't matter if a brute is at your back. Eventually, I found you can revive him by throwing an energon grenade at him (which has a healing auora). It also helps to discover a backroom with supplies. :3 But that was still a pain.

Ratchet is my favorite Autobot, but I have to admit, he's relatively useless in battle.

Last edited by StarscreamClone (July 7, 2013 13:05:46)

Somewhere in my 20s | He/It
Workin' on my degree in computer science and cognitive science, and the future president of 2036!

Surge is my imaginary husband - he's the guy in my icon!
Firedrake969
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Hmmm…
Fossil Fighters: Champions

Last boss battle, where you have to go two in a row without saving, then reading the credits and everything. WITHOUT SAVING. I had to do the double boss battle twice because of that.

'17 rickoid

bf97b44a7fbd33db070f6ade2b7dc549
sonicdv
Scratcher
100+ posts

Stardust Speedway Act 3. Yeaaahhh. Also collection the Chaos Emeralds in Sonic 2 with Sonic and Tails together is annoying. Trying to get to the Selenitic Age in Myst was hard. >=U

You should try The Annoyingly Hard Platformer That You Can't Win 2: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/92357267/ Please?
Earth = Mostly Harmless
I have bested fruit, spike, and moon!!! Now I shall best you, The Guy!!! - The Kid
Pipko411
Scratcher
100+ posts

sonicdv wrote:

Stardust Speedway Act 3. Yeaaahhh. Also collection the Chaos Emeralds in Sonic 2 with Sonic and Tails together is annoying. Trying to get to the Selenitic Age in Myst was hard. >=U
Not Enough Rings!

when I receive [Falco]
forever
broadcast [Up Tilt]
end
banana500
Scratcher
1000+ posts

When I start playing a new game and tell myself “Okay I'm going to try and beat this entire game without consulting an LP” and then literally a minute later I turn to Chuggaaconroy for help. D:

*cough*Earthbound*cough*Mother 3*cough*Pokemon Emerald*cough*

3DS FC: 4871-4221-1009 | Notify me before adding so I can add you back!
Steam ID: rock on freaky bro
ImagineIt
Scratcher
1000+ posts

NoxSpooth wrote:

cheddargirl wrote:

Really hard puzzles where you're stuck and have no idea how to move forward. Of course one could turn to a guide, but that often spoils everything.
That's what happened to me when I was playing Portal 2…
puppetadventurer
Scratcher
100+ posts

banana500 wrote:

When I start playing a new game and tell myself “Okay I'm going to try and beat this entire game without consulting an LP” and then literally a minute later I turn to Chuggaaconroy for help. D:

*cough*Earthbound*cough*Mother 3*cough*Pokemon Emerald*cough*
A walkthrough for Pokemon? Aren't those the most straightforward RPGs ever?

dontbombiraq
Scratcher
500+ posts

the crawling paintings in Ib

cheddargirl
Scratch Team
1000+ posts

Pipko411 wrote:

cheddargirl wrote:

Really hard puzzles where you're stuck and have no idea how to move forward. Of course one could turn to a guide, but that often spoils everything.
Please include what video game it was.
Any game, really. Though puzzles from Silent Hill come to mind (apparently, for some of them, you have to be a literature buff).

Sadly, my forum signature was eaten by an evil kumquat.
Shadow36821
Scratcher
100+ posts

The first part of Crystal Man's stage in Mega Man 5. You jump onto platforms, but right above the pits you see a tube that drops crystals. And if it hits you, its instakill.

(insert GIF here)
RedRocker227
Scratcher
100+ posts

the final level in nsmb on the ds, where you have to go on the things in the right order (i still remember the order! middle top bottom i think). i eventually just looked it up

i hate my username