Discuss Scratch

banana500
Scratcher
1000+ posts

What is the most frustrating part of a video game you played?

puppetadventurer wrote:

banana500 wrote:

When I start playing a new game and tell myself “Okay I'm going to try and beat this entire game without consulting an LP” and then literally a minute later I turn to Chuggaaconroy for help. D:

*cough*Earthbound*cough*Mother 3*cough*Pokemon Emerald*cough*
A walkthrough for Pokemon? Aren't those the most straightforward RPGs ever?
Maybe, but when it comes to Earthbound and Mother 3…

3DS FC: 4871-4221-1009 | Notify me before adding so I can add you back!
Steam ID: rock on freaky bro
haxcharsol
Scratcher
1000+ posts

banana500 wrote:

When I start playing a new game and tell myself “Okay I'm going to try and beat this entire game without consulting an LP” and then literally a minute later I turn to Chuggaaconroy for help. D:

*cough*Earthbound*cough*Mother 3*cough*Pokemon Emerald*cough*
That reminds me of when I first played Majora's Mask.
Me: Okay, I'm not gonna use a walkthrough this time. I'm going to use my brain and think through this.
15 minutes later…
WHERE DO I GO NOW!?

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to emit a beacon of light from my seeing orbs.
owetre18
Scratcher
1 post

Probably the end of the first act and the beginning of the second act of Grand Theft Auto: SA.

That's just emotionally frustrating. The people I knew, my family, the people I trusted, they turned on me.

Plus the fact that I was totally taken to a new place, and had no way to get around.. That was just normal frustrating.

I'm back, after.. I dunno. Last I was here, 1.4 was still around.
possibly
Scratcher
100+ posts

spikes tend to kill you is frustrating
mythbusteranimator
Scratcher
1000+ posts

slapperbob wrote:

When think you beat a boss battle, but then you find out there's a second part to it.
Mario 3D

I've been listening to…
Ogre Battle // Queen // Queen II // Heavy Metal, Hard Rock, Progressive Metal
Orion // Metallica // Master of Puppets // Heavy Metal, Thrash Metal, Instrumental
Damage Inc. // Metallica// Master of Puppets // Thrash Metal, Heavy Metal
Snow (Hey Oh) // Red Hot Chilli Peppers // Snow (Hey Oh) // Soft Rock, Acoustic
Who Wants To Live Forever // Queen // A Kind of Magic // Power Ballad, Soft Rock
I suggest you listen to…
For a influential playlist: Damage Inc and Orion. Both of these songs are part of the album that revolutionized heavy and thrash metal forever.
Animeboy975
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Shadow36821 wrote:

The first part of Crystal Man's stage in Mega Man 5. You jump onto platforms, but right above the pits you see a tube that drops crystals. And if it hits you, its instakill.
i just use Star Crash and Gravity Hold to get past it.

Like in Drill Man's stage in Megaman 4, i just use Skull Barrier to get past the rocks. Sheilds may seem as throwaway weapons in the later NES series, but they're pretty useful at times.

Last edited by Animeboy975 (July 9, 2013 12:07:06)

Hello dear followers, i'm back.
somelia
Scratcher
100+ posts

Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky had so many of these….Ugh….

Amp Plains was the first seriously difficult one for me. Well, Amp Plains itself was fine, but the boss at the end was nearly impossible with the team I'd had at the time. The Northern Desert and Quicksand Cave of the same games were super frustrating because of the sandstorm, and I kept on running out of Oran Berries. Then there was the Hidden Land, which I recall spending five gosh darn weeks on before getting to the next part….AND THEN THERE WAS ANOTHER DUNGEON. ;_;

And don't even let me get started on Temporal Tower. My team kept either getting wiped out in the spire, or getting killed by Primal Dialga.

…..Wow, that game was really frustrating now that I think about it.

“Thinking of world domination makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside.”
LucidSquare
New to Scratch
100+ posts

when she sung

Animeboy975
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Im suprised no one has said this yet.

Whitney's Miltank.

Shadow36821
Scratcher
100+ posts

Animeboy975 wrote:

Im suprised no one has said this yet.

Whitney's Miltank.
oh gosh

Miltank Hp: 1

“Miltank used Milk Drink!”

“NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO”

(insert GIF here)
dsaztur
Scratcher
500+ posts

StarscreamClone wrote:

dsaztur wrote:

Protect the hostages! Rescue the hostages!
Primus, I hate things like that.

A similar scenario: War for Cybertron Autobot campaign where you're fighting waves of Decepticons while trying to protect Ratchet at the same time while he's repairing Omega Supreme. And all the while hes shouting at you to keep him protected. Then he goes unconscious and you have to revive him, and it doesn't matter if a brute is at your back. Eventually, I found you can revive him by throwing an energon grenade at him (which has a healing auora). It also helps to discover a backroom with supplies. :3 But that was still a pain.

Ratchet is my favorite Autobot, but I have to admit, he's relatively useless in battle.

You should play Spider man: Shattered dimensions. Half the game is exactly that.

no
blueservine
Scratcher
500+ posts

Witch Queen in Okamiden. It took me forever to figure out how to stop her from healing. I got several game overs. She's not a boss, but she's as hard as Spirit Akuro.

You know what else about Okamiden annoyed me? I'm expected to have found out about the game from Chuggaconroy. I didn't know who he was, and when I asked, I was told: “Congratulations, you just past kindergarden.”

Last edited by blueservine (July 9, 2013 17:24:11)

My signature was a really funny gif of Red wiggling her eyebrows, but I left it for a few months and it got taken down. Pity.
Pipko411
Scratcher
100+ posts

Another part in a game I hate is the Special Stage from Sonic Pocket Adventure. Not getting enough rings makes me cry.

What happens:
Me: Gonna get the emerald.
*Not enough rings!*
ME: SAVE STATE!

hey I'm becca! scratch's resident old witch
when I receive [Falco]
forever
broadcast [Up Tilt]
end
Gamer1991
Scratcher
33 posts

It was SOO hard to complete Rainbow Road in MIRROR MODE!! But I never got mii outfit B
OrcaCat
Scratcher
1000+ posts

In Pokemon Colosseum, there's this uber hard part where Mirror B. is hiding. I got to the end of it and saved. But when I turned on the gamecube again, I was at my PREVIOUS save.

Also, I got stuck for a total of three hours during this lame part where you have to push a button on the side of a bookshelf. How in the WORLD do they expect you to figure that out yourself?

I got reaalllllyyy lucky in the final boss battle (although I exploited an infinite masterball glitch).

Last edited by OrcaCat (July 10, 2013 00:38:18)

StarscreamClone
Scratcher
1000+ posts

dsaztur wrote:

StarscreamClone wrote:

dsaztur wrote:

Protect the hostages! Rescue the hostages!
Primus, I hate things like that.

A similar scenario: War for Cybertron Autobot campaign where you're fighting waves of Decepticons while trying to protect Ratchet at the same time while he's repairing Omega Supreme. And all the while hes shouting at you to keep him protected. Then he goes unconscious and you have to revive him, and it doesn't matter if a brute is at your back. Eventually, I found you can revive him by throwing an energon grenade at him (which has a healing auora). It also helps to discover a backroom with supplies. :3 But that was still a pain.

Ratchet is my favorite Autobot, but I have to admit, he's relatively useless in battle.

You should play Spider man: Shattered dimensions. Half the game is exactly that.
Gah, no thanks… XD Ratchet was a big enough pain.

Somewhere in my 20s | He/It
Workin' on my degree in computer science and cognitive science, and the future president of 2036!

Surge is my imaginary husband - he's the guy in my icon!
haxcharsol
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Gamer1991 wrote:

It was SOO hard to complete Rainbow Road in MIRROR MODE!! But I never got mii outfit B
Rainbow Road is always frustrating for me, mirrored or otherwise.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to emit a beacon of light from my seeing orbs.
Animeboy975
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Megaman 9. The whole game.

Redsox5803
Scratcher
100+ posts

I have trouble with Lenora on Pokemon White. My pignite can't beat her unless I use fighting-type moves!

heyo heyo get down from the table
it's dangerous woaah ~redsox
kingdragon
Scratcher
100+ posts

This one has always gotten on my nerves.

You're near the end of a level.
You see a platform that seems far off, but it's just in jumping distance
You back up for speed
You go for it…
You're getting closer and closer to completing the level
As soon as you land on the platform it falls taking you with it
Game Over

I'm looking at you Mario the Lost Levels!

Last edited by kingdragon (July 10, 2013 14:35:06)