Discuss Scratch

hoole001
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Good Media That Came Out Year You Were Born

Ignore this one as well.

Last edited by hoole001 (July 25, 2014 14:22:25)

fivehead
Scratcher
1000+ posts

hoole001 wrote:

hoole001 wrote:

hoole001 wrote:

Note: Some of these aren't from the year that I was born, but around that sort of year (I was born in 2001)

Movies:
The Emperor's New Groove (2000)
Shrek (2001)
Lilo and Stitch (2002)

Video Games: (I don't have any of these except Paper Mario and Kirby 64, but they're ones I want, and my dad is getting me Super Mario Sunshine off of Amazon)
Super Mario Sunshine (2002, Gamecube)
Luigi's Mansion (2003, Gamecube)
Wario World (2003, Gamecube)
Paper Mario (2001, N64)
Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards (2000, N64)
Also:
Monsters Inc. (2001)
Also AGAIN:
Ice Age (2002) (Just thought of this one because five head brought it up!)
Yea, Ice Age was awesome. So was Open Season, but it might've been a year or two later.
Animeboy975
Scratcher
1000+ posts

fivehead wrote:

Kingdom Hearts
Pokemon Ruby (I think)
The Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind
Ratchet and Clank
007: Nightfire
Spiderman
Ice Age

Also a bunch of awesome GBA games.
Ratchet and Clank? Dude I love those games, and I live near the Insominac HQ

Hello dear followers, i'm back.
fivehead
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Animeboy975 wrote:

fivehead wrote:

Kingdom Hearts
Pokemon Ruby (I think)
Ratchet and Clank
Spiderman
Ice Age

Ratchet and Clank? Dude I love those games, and I live near the Insominac HQ
Lucky (:
Lightningstep36
Scratcher
1000+ posts

fivehead wrote:

Kingdom Hearts
Pokemon Ruby (I think)
Ratchet and Clank
Spiderman
Ice Age

OH MY GOD.

You mentioned Morrowind! That is probably my favorite video game ever! And yes, it was released in 2002.

Another game in the series, TES II: Daggerfall, was released the year I was born (1996).

Last edited by Lightningstep36 (Dec. 16, 2013 02:20:01)

Have a cute, curled up Peridot.
fivehead
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Lightningstep36 wrote:

fivehead wrote:

Kingdom Hearts
Pokemon Ruby (I think)
Ratchet and Clank
Spiderman
Ice Age

OH MY GOD.

You mentioned Morrowind! That is probably my favorite video game ever! And yes, it was released in 2002.

Another game in the series, TES II: Daggerfall, was released the year I was born (1996).
all of The Elder Scroll games are awesome. How come there was such a big gap between Daggerfall and Morrowind? About two years difference than Oblivion and Skyrim wouldn't it be?
Flamekebab
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Hmmm. 1986. Tricky!

Bit of a cultural wasteland there! I took a look on Wikipedia and it looks like barely any good films, games, or anything else appeared then. You kids are lucky!
veggieman001
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Flamekebab wrote:

Hmmm. 1986. Tricky!

Bit of a cultural wasteland there! I took a look on Wikipedia and it looks like barely any good films, games, or anything else appeared then. You kids are lucky!
But the music is so great:
In Visible Silence // The Art of Noise
The Queen is Dead // The Smiths
Lifes Rich Pageant // R.E.M.
Express // Love and Rockets
Skylarking // XTC
They Might Be Giants // They Might Be Giants
Electric Café // Kraftwerk
Forever Since Breakfast // Guided by Voices
Jamboree // Guadalcanal Diary

Flamekebab
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I've heard of maybe half of those artists and none of those albums.
macadam
Scratcher
500+ posts

• Super Mario Sunshine
    Lord Of The Rings
    Big Fish Games
    Gameloft
    Xbox (here,in Belgium )
    Ice Age
    ….

Macadam, Scratcher since october 2012. Started as a stupid immature kid - but trying to clean that painful rembering
gravtest
Scratcher
100+ posts

The Matrix
Star Wars I
Tarzan (wasn't that good)
Fight Club
The Sixth Sense
The Mummy
Stuart Little (wasn't that good)

That's just movies though

Lightningstep36
Scratcher
1000+ posts

fivehead wrote:

Lightningstep36 wrote:

fivehead wrote:

Kingdom Hearts
Pokemon Ruby (I think)
Ratchet and Clank
Spiderman
Ice Age

OH MY GOD.

all of The Elder Scroll games are awesome. How come there was such a big gap between Daggerfall and Morrowind? About two years difference than Oblivion and Skyrim wouldn't it be?
Okay. To begin, I am pretty much a super fan of The Elder Scrolls, having played each game in the main series, so I know a lot about it. Production of Morrowind was started in 1996 shortly after the release of Daggerfall. However, it was put on hiatus in 1997 so that Bethesda could develop two games: An Elder Scrolls Legend: Battlespire and The Elder Scrolls Adventures: Redguard, which were released in 1997 and 1998 respectively. After the release of Redguard, production of Morrowind was continued.

And a correction: there is actually nearly a six year gap between Oblivion and Skyrim. Oblivion was released in March 2006, and Skyrim in November 2011. The Elder Scrolls has a tendency to only have a new game out every several years since they simply put that much effort into each game.

Animeboy975
Scratcher
1000+ posts

gravtest wrote:

The Matrix
Star Wars I
Tarzan (wasn't that good)
Fight Club
The Sixth Sense
The Mummy
Stuart Little (wasn't that good)

That's just movies though
Don't forget the OLD Spongebob episodes.

Hello dear followers, i'm back.
fivehead
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Lightningstep36 wrote:

fivehead wrote:

Lightningstep36 wrote:

fivehead wrote:

Kingdom Hearts
Pokemon Ruby (I think)
Ratchet and Clank
Spiderman
Ice Age

OH MY GOD.

Okay. To begin, I am pretty much a super fan of The Elder Scrolls, having played each game in the main series, so I know a lot about it. Production of Morrowind was started in 1996 shortly after the release of Daggerfall. However, it was put on hiatus in 1997 so that Bethesda could develop two games: An Elder Scrolls Legend: Battlespire and The Elder Scrolls Adventures: Redguard, which were released in 1997 and 1998 respectively. After the release of Redguard, production of Morrowind was continued.

And a correction: there is actually nearly a six year gap between Oblivion and Skyrim. Oblivion was released in March 2006, and Skyrim in November 2011. The Elder Scrolls has a tendency to only have a new game out every several years since they simply put that much effort into each game.

Wow, I really screwed up the years on that one.
Lightningstep36
Scratcher
1000+ posts

fivehead wrote:

Lightningstep36 wrote:

fivehead wrote:

Lightningstep36 wrote:

fivehead wrote:

Kingdom Hearts
Pokemon Ruby (I think)
Ratchet and Clank
Spiderman
Ice Age

OH MY GOD.

Wow, I really screwed up the years on that one.
It's fine. I think the only reason I really know is because I'm just that much into the series.

3DSfan12345
Scratcher
1000+ posts

In 2018, I asked the Scratch Team to remove all my forum posts to protect my privacy. That's why this post is blank. Besides, I've outgrown this website, and I don't want the dumb things I said in my late tween/early teen years to follow me around for the rest of my life. This post probably wasn't anything interesting or important, anyway.
Flamekebab
Scratcher
1000+ posts

3DSfan12345 wrote:

Flamekebab wrote:

Hmmm. 1986. Tricky!

The Legend of Zelda.
I've never played the original but from everything I've seen it was a great game at the time. I very much doubt I'd enjoy it these days, unlike, say, Real Genius which came out in 1985.
haxcharsol
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Lightningstep36 wrote:

fivehead wrote:

Kingdom Hearts
Pokemon Ruby (I think)
Ratchet and Clank
Spiderman
Ice Age

OH MY GOD.

Morrowind was released in 2002?
I didn't realize it was that old. When was Oblivion released?

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to emit a beacon of light from my seeing orbs.
Flamekebab
Scratcher
1000+ posts

haxcharsol wrote:

Morrowind was released in 2002?
I didn't realize it was that old. When was Oblivion released?
Yep! I got a free copy with my GeForce FX 5600 in 2003.
hoole001
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Lightningstep36 wrote:

The Hunchback of Notre Dame

Actually, The Hunchback of Notre Dame I believe came out in 1993. But still a great movie!
EDIT: Never mind, I was wrong.

Last edited by hoole001 (June 28, 2014 18:35:24)