define me
mica43683
Scratcher
500+ posts

Colorblind color scheme?

AlphabetCake wrote:

define me
Please don't necropost or blockspam.

I got a lot of compliments on my last signature, and I think that's kind of strange. I wrote it when I was 12 and it wasn't very good. I acted like PS4 controllers were the epitome of human technology, for God's sake! I tried too hard to be philosophical, or maybe I tried too hard to be funny, or maybe it was something else. But that signature was bad. It wasn't good. It might be strange for some of you to hear this, seeing as this site is full of kids, but 12-year-old me was practically a baby. I think that's something you realise when you grow up. That you're always better than you were last year. I was looking through old Skype messages between me and a friend of mine from when we were 12, and as I read them, I couldn't stop thinking, “Woah. I was the worst.” It's important to know that you're always the worst. I can almost guarantee that future you is thinking negatively of you right now, just as future me is thinking negatively of me. It's important not to let that get to you. Remember to stay in the present. Tomorrow hates you, but it can't hurt you because you'll never get to tomorrow. When I was 10 or 11, I remember seeing the world very cynically. I thought that human life was inherently selfish, and that we were only put on this planet to destroy it. I'm so glad 10 or 11 year old me is gone, because 17 year old me would NOT get along with that kid.
EIephant_Lover
Scratcher
500+ posts

Colorblind color scheme?

WindOctahedron wrote:

D-ScratchNinja wrote:

-snip-
That's a good idea!
Eh, not really supporting this.

I'm fairly certain most people who use Scratch can read, even if they are colorblind. This suggestion is because one can't quickly see the difference in colors (a colorblind person anyway). I think the little images, while they're a cute idea, wouldn't really fulfill the purpose. After all, they'd kinda do the same thing as the labels below all the colors.
kenny2scratch
Scratcher
500+ posts

Colorblind color scheme?

EIephant_Lover wrote:

WindOctahedron wrote:

D-ScratchNinja wrote:

-snip-
That's a good idea!
Eh, not really supporting this.

I'm fairly certain most people who use Scratch can read, even if they are colorblind. This suggestion is because one can't quickly see the difference in colors (a colorblind person anyway). I think the little images, while they're a cute idea, wouldn't really fulfill the purpose. After all, they'd kinda do the same thing as the labels below all the colors.
I'm pretty sure the intent was for those icons to be shown next to each block in the category, the way they are for extensions. That would certainly be helpful - I rely much more on shapes than colors.

post brought to you by the preview links bug and previously the uploads site bug. 看一下中文 Scratch 維基想參加?請參考這頁
Join the Scratch Wiki!
Made by Scratchers, for Scratchers, since December 6, 2008

WindOctahedron
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Colorblind color scheme?

I'm going to say something shocking.
This topic has existed since the spring of 2017, and nobody, nobody has noticed that this is a duplicate. Until now.
There are other threads that are also about colourblindness, but the one I linked to proposes the same solution as the one in this topic.

The message above may contain wrong information, rude remarks, or something embarrassing to my current self. In this case, please ignore it and remember that I likely wrote it back when I didn't know what “respect” truly meant. I really hate thinking about it again.
Paddle2See
Scratch Team
1000+ posts

Colorblind color scheme?

WindOctahedron wrote:

I'm going to say something shocking.
This topic has existed since the spring of 2017, and nobody, nobody has noticed that this is a duplicate. Until now.
There are other threads that are also about colourblindness, but the one I linked to proposes the same solution as the one in this topic.
I've merged the two topics.

Scratch Team Member, kayak and pickleball enthusiast, cat caregiver.

This is my forum signature! On a forum post, it is okay for Scratchers to advertise in their forum signature. The signature is the stuff that shows up below the horizontal line on the post. It will show up on every post I make.
(credit to Za-Chary)

;
TopicBumper
New to Scratch
100+ posts

Colorblind color scheme?

Bumper-ing for you
radio80fm
Scratcher
100+ posts

Colorblind color scheme?

WolfCat67 wrote:

jromagnoli wrote:

stickfiregames wrote:

jromagnoli wrote:

stickfiregames wrote:

Here's one that uses brightness more than the current ones, combined with NitroCipher's flat style idea for 3.0 (current on the left):

I think this should be OK but are variables and events too similar here? Maybe I should make variables closer to lists since they're in the same category.

It would be good if some people with other forms of colourblindness saw this. Does anyone here happen to know anyone else who has it?
The problem with that is that it hurts your eyes if you aren't colorblind.
Which ones? I find them all OK.
The color/contrast adjusted ones.
I find the pen blocks, sound blocks, variable blocks, and the control blocks in that example to hurt my eyes.
I don't like bright colours; my right eye is too prone to them XD
when green flag clicked
i want in 3.0 plz
say [i want]
i want to say [i want plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz]
Xolay
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Colorblind color scheme?

radio80fm wrote:

WolfCat67 wrote:

jromagnoli wrote:

stickfiregames wrote:

jromagnoli wrote:

stickfiregames wrote:

Here's one that uses brightness more than the current ones, combined with NitroCipher's flat style idea for 3.0 (current on the left):

I think this should be OK but are variables and events too similar here? Maybe I should make variables closer to lists since they're in the same category.

It would be good if some people with other forms of colourblindness saw this. Does anyone here happen to know anyone else who has it?
I find the pen blocks, sound blocks, variable blocks, and the control blocks in that example to hurt my eyes.
when green flag clicked
i want in 3.0 plz
say [i want]
i want to say [i want plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz]
nobody cares

Last edited by Xolay (Sept. 28, 2021 19:48:21)

I'm a 8 year old boy
[0.0](ᵔ ᵕ ᵔ::stack)('_'::stack variables)(o,o::stack control)(d_b::stack operators)(²-²::stack motion)(1_1::stack looks)(°-°::stack sound)::stack #000000//these are my kumquat protectors

if <(username) = [add signature] > then
set [big brain v]to [True]
end
WHAT??? HOW ARE YOU SEEING THIS?
<<true(::grey) ::#00FF00>::operators>
<<(::grey) false::#ff0000>::operators>
I love courtney from total dramarama
My goal:
5000 posts (::control) (::control) (::#000000) (::#000000) (::#000000) ::#00008B

Credits: Google

move (1) step::motion

hello, light mode user
hello, dark mode user

this hat is looking at u
() () ::custom hat

POV: you are a ST member about to report
See the POV of being a Scratch Team member.

atchscray isyay ayay igh-levelhay ock-basedblay isualvay ogrammingpray anguagelay andyay ebsiteway argetedtay imarilypray atyay ildrenchay 8–16 asyay anyay educationalyay ooltay orfay ogrammingpray.

PLZ buy me a Wedo 2.0

hellohellohellohello

I BELIEVE IN VS TOTAL DRAMARAMA SUPREMACY

you are not being valid offtopic there

hahaha superhero block go brrrr::#FFFFFF cap

made with uploads.scratch.mit.edu
mumu245
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Colorblind color scheme?

jromagnoli wrote:

stickfiregames wrote:

True. It should be an option.

select this text then press Ctrl+Shift+Down to read more
Codingfairy07
Scratcher
500+ posts

Colorblind color scheme?

Xolay wrote:

radio80fm wrote:

WolfCat67 wrote:

jromagnoli wrote:

stickfiregames wrote:

jromagnoli wrote:

stickfiregames wrote:

Necropost
There is no such thing as necropost in suggestings.

Last edited by Codingfairy07 (Sept. 28, 2021 19:46:21)

(φ゜▽゜*♪) :: sensing // This is Laura, my kumquat guard who never sleeps. Sleeping is for amateur Kumquat guards.
Announcement
;
Codingfairy07
Scratcher
500+ posts

Colorblind color scheme?

Removed, accident quote

Last edited by Codingfairy07 (Sept. 28, 2021 21:12:30)

(φ゜▽゜*♪) :: sensing // This is Laura, my kumquat guard who never sleeps. Sleeping is for amateur Kumquat guards.
Announcement
;
AlfabetonsOfficial
Scratcher
100+ posts

Colorblind color scheme?

No support, nobody cares about the colors of the blocks, and are still differentiated either way.

Let's learn Spanish with the Alfabetons!
Click here to get started!
Visit the official Alfabetons website!
-0Nebula0-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Colorblind color scheme?

vacuumfan7072 wrote:

minebolt44 wrote:

Good idea! I'm colorblind myself, but i can sorta differentiate the blocks. It would be cool if there was an update or something. It would like a settings menu, that could allow you to change the color to whatever you would like! They should do that!
I think there used to be a way to do that but they removed it. It might still be able to be done in 1.4.

Edit: If you shift-click Edit you can actually edit block colors.
update to clarify, this feature was removed in 3.0
CadeVegas13
Scratcher
46 posts

Colorblind color scheme?

kenny2scratch wrote:

Bump, no one responded. At least tell me why you don't support!
No one knows i'm here because at the time I posted this, im in scratch 3.0!
cheddargirl
Scratch Team
1000+ posts

Colorblind color scheme?

I know this suggestion was necroposted on, but accessibility is a topic of interest, so if anyone wished to still chime in, they can.

Sadly, my forum signature was eaten by an evil kumquat.
man-o-valor
Scratcher
94 posts

Colorblind color scheme?

support! I'm not colorblind, but I can imagine that it's hard to do scratch with any form of color blindness. i would like to add that there is an extansion for your browser that lets you recolor blocks. (won't say what it is because community guidelines, but you can find it yourself!)

when green flag clicked::
forever::
if <this signature looked at::#63B1D5> then::
say [I know you have better things to do, but this is basically my life's work and it got featured by the ST.]::
say [It would pretty neat if you checked it out! It even has a level editor!]::
say [It's probably worth your time. Maybe.]::
show variable [Link to the best project v]::
say [If you click on the link I will give you a virtual cookie and a virtual hug!]::
end
end

scratch.mit.edu/projects/724032834

think [I hope this works! ]
sonic__fan
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Colorblind color scheme?

Support, if it's an option.
I like the colors of the current blocks, but I can understand why colorblind people would have trouble making the difference between block colors.
If there was an option in Account Settings where you can choose between the normal colors, and colors that are more friendly towards different types of colorblind-ness, then I would support.

If there was no option, semi-support to no support (this is based on how different the blocks would look, so I can't say either one just yet).

This is my signature. It is not a part of this post and it appears under every post I make.
Sonic Says
Every world has its end. I know that's kinda sad, but, that's why we have to live life to the fullest in the time we have. At least… that's what I figure.
Hey there, I'm sonic__fan. I just look for good suggestions to add to Scratch.
TECHNOBLADE NEVER DIES
randomguy3513
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Colorblind color scheme?

cheddargirl wrote:

I know this suggestion was necroposted on, but accessibility is a topic of interest, so if anyone wished to still chime in, they can.
Wait I thought this was already added with the new block colors

(Male) (He/Him) (2000+ posts) (4 Years)
Banner by depresso-boiyo, check him out!
Ctrl+shift+down to check out my projects!

Thanks for scrolling; if you like what I do, please follow me!
sonic__fan
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Colorblind color scheme?

randomguy3513 wrote:

Wait I thought this was already added with the new block colors
I believe that we have yet to see how much this helps people who colorblind.

This is my signature. It is not a part of this post and it appears under every post I make.
Sonic Says
Every world has its end. I know that's kinda sad, but, that's why we have to live life to the fullest in the time we have. At least… that's what I figure.
Hey there, I'm sonic__fan. I just look for good suggestions to add to Scratch.
TECHNOBLADE NEVER DIES