CatsUnited
Scratcher
1000+ posts

My Block Wish-List

smm1094 wrote:

ProdigyZeta7 wrote:

Eigenbump.
Best signature ever..

if someone hacks into your computer and they see that your signature is easy then?
It's unlikely that ProdigyZeta7 is going to be hacked and just about all the time it's because of family or a public computer.

bottom text
smm1094
Scratcher
22 posts

My Block Wish-List

oh.
MClovers
Scratcher
1000+ posts

My Block Wish-List

Support for all

President of Scratch ShopBux
IronBit_Studios
Scratcher
1000+ posts

My Block Wish-List

honestly zro, at this point you're old enough to just make a mod
Support for all because why not though

Zro716
Scratcher
1000+ posts

My Block Wish-List

IronBit_Studios wrote:

honestly zro, at this point you're old enough to just make a mod
Support for all because why not though
I'd rather just rewrite Scratch than make a mod… but I don't have time for either. I'm investing a lot of my time into college.

As a long time Scratcher, I have found new meaning to the name “Scratch”: for me, it means to “scratch that itch”, to come back again and again to realize new ideas in this toy language, even when I'm capable of creating my projects in real programming languages years later. It's a friend that helped me to pursue programming and get me to enjoy its fruit. I'm certain many others who have walked this path as well have grown fond of its importance in their life.
ScaleneParkour
Scratcher
100+ posts

My Block Wish-List

Support

I make music and stuff, not very active but oh well
Scratcher1002
Scratcher
1000+ posts

My Block Wish-List

I support a lot of these, but one in particular, the right mouse click because flash CAN detect it.
Zarlog
Scratcher
100+ posts

My Block Wish-List

I support these, especially the RGB pen color settings. That would be extremely helpful when making 3D games with custom generations.
pastelistic
Scratcher
500+ posts

My Block Wish-List

I like most of these!

rockymountainboy
Scratcher
18 posts

My Block Wish-List

Some flash player games online save files for the game so when you play them again you have the same level (or whatever you obtained from last time you played the game). Scratch should allow us to use that same file save function so we can save files too.
MathlyCat
Scratcher
1000+ posts

My Block Wish-List

This is quite different from your run of the mill block list…
(probably because it's ancient)
I can really support practically all of these… (if you have the time could you post some of their workarounds on the sticky… I wants teh workarondz slurp)

Think before you act.
Actions speek louder than words.

hi there fella
Lythium
Scratcher
1000+ posts

My Block Wish-List

eyy no block lists ban pls

Support for all.

pvz_pro
Scratcher
500+ posts

My Block Wish-List

no support for all because you made a long list of blocks, and i'm confused

if you are reading this, ok
GabeLee0417
Scratcher
1 post

My Block Wish-List

I made a block that is like the
change x by (10)
block.
Want it? Click here!

Of course I started it with
when green flag clicked
shd02
Scratcher
100+ posts

My Block Wish-List

ProdigyZeta7 wrote:

Please note that I don't like to clutter the forums with so many topics about each of the blocks below, so I much prefer to consolidate them in this topic, which also makes it easier to manage than across, say, 10 or more topics. I'll add descriptions under each category when I have the time.

WANTED BLOCKS – The blocks that I like to some degree. An asterisk (*) indicates high likeability.

//Motion
turn for (3) secs to direction (30) ::motion //No support because using the timer to turn slowly is not difficult.
revolve (15) degrees around [sprite v] ::motion //Support, this is useful would probably reduce lag.
revolve (15) degrees around x: (100) y: (-50) ::motion //Support, this is needed like the last block.
point towards x: (100) y: (100) ::motion //Support because it is much harder to create another sprite.
[lock/unlock v] sprite to [sprite v] ::motion //No support because two sprites should be separate. Use a costume, broadcast, variable etc.

//Looks
set [x-stretch v] effect to (0) //Support, this is useful and has no workaround.
set [y-stretch v] effect to (0) //Support, this is also useful and has no workaround.
set costume center to x: (0) y: (0) ::looks //No support because the sprite could be moved easily.
set costume center x to (0) ::looks //Also no support, moving the sprite is a workaround.
set costume center y to (0) ::looks //No support like the last two blocks because the sprite could be moved.

(sprite name ::looks) //No support because this could not change so just use the name instead.
(costume name ::looks) //Support because this is similar to backdrop name.
(costume width ::looks) //No support, using the costume # or name gives the width.
(costume height ::looks) //No support, using the costume # or name also gives the height.
(costume [name v] ::looks) //No support as costume name and # are the only ones necessary.

//Sounds
play sound [sound v] in reverse ::sound //No support, the sound editor can reverse a sound.
set play speed at (1.5) times normal speed ::sound //Support because this is useful to change tempo when playing a sound several times.
set play speed at (64) kbps ::sound //No support because the last block is easier to use and this one could be confusing.
set pitch offset to (1) Hz ::sound //Support if there is a limited range because this could be used to make a sound higher or lower.
change pitch offset by (1) Hz ::sound //Support because this is necessary if we have the last block.
play note (32) for (0.5) beats and continue ::sound //No support, using a broadcast before this block is an easy workaround.

//Pen
set pen layer to (1) ::pen //No support, drawing the front layer again is a workaround and this could be hard to use as the layers are hard to remember.
set pen color to [red v] ::pen //Support, the other ways to set pen color may be confusing to new scratchers.
set pen color to r:(0) g:(0) b:(0) ::pen //Support because I prefer this to the current pen color system. It is easier to visualize the colors.
set pen alpha to (0) ::pen //Support because this could make the pen not completely cover the backdrop.
change pen alpha by (10) ::pen //Support as this is necessary if we have the last block.
//Events
when [sprite1 v] switches to costume [costume1 v] ::events hat //No support, using a broadcast is an easy workaround.
broadcast [message v] locally ::events //Semi-support, a regular broadcast works but this might reduce lag.
broadcast [message v] locally and wait ::events //Semi-support as well because it is similar to the last block.

//Control
break loop ::control cap //No support, using a repeat until loop that checks a variable and changing the variable within the loop is an easy workaround.

stop [every other script v] ::stack //No support, the scripts that get stopped are confusing, especially when made in a different order.

while <> ::control cstart //No support as using an if or wait until block is an easy workaround.
//No support for the end block, there are already repeating loops and using the "stop" block is an easy workaround.
end ::control //No support, there are already repeating loops and using the "stop" block is an easy workaround.
repeat ::control cstart //No support because there are already repeating loops.
until <> ::control cend //No support, the repeat until loop is already there and is easier.
repeat ::control cstart //No support, you already mentioned this block.
while <> ::control cend //No support also because the repeat until loop is already there and is easier.

//Sensing
show [timer v] ::sensing //Support, this is needed because often at the beginning/end of a project the timer should be hidden.
hide [timer v] ::sensing //Support as this is necessary with the last block.
resume timer ::sensing //Support because this will probably be used often and the workaround isn't very easy.
pause timer ::sensing //Support, this is needed if we have the last block.
set microphone volume to (100) ::sensing //No support, I don't think this would be used often as it's confusing and not necessary in almost all projects.
change microphone volume by (10) ::sensing //No support as this is not needed if we don't have the last block.
(mic volume ::sensing) //No support because this is also needed if we don't have the last two blocks.
set video resolution to (1) ::sensing //No support, this is also necessary in almost all projects and I don't think this will reduce lag much.
([days v] since 2000 ::sensing) //Semi-support because an exact workaround for this is complex but easy to make and understand.
(project id ::sensing) //No support, checking the project will give the project id.

//Operators
((2) ^ (5) ::operators) //Support, this is necessary in many projects and the workaround is difficult.
((3)! ::operators) //Support, this is also necessary and it may have a difficult workaround.
([hexidecimal v] of (15) ::operators) //Semi-support, using a list of hexidecimals is a workaround but it is not very easy.
([factorial v] of (3) ::operators) //Support and this would be better than the last one, but either is okay.
([sinh v] of (9) ::operators) //I'm not sure what these three blocks do, but I think I would support.
([cosh v] of (9) ::operators)
([tanh v] of (9) ::operators)

//Custom
custom block [dropdown v] ::custom //I'm not sure what you mean, but I think no support because seperate custom blocks are easier to use.
(xyz of (a)(b)(c) ::custom) //Support because these custom reporters may be useful when they are set in a custom block.
<xyz is (this)? ::custom> //Support because custom booleans are also useful when they are set in a custom block.
return [] ::custom cap //Support because this is needed if we have either of the last two blocks.

REJECTED Blocks – The blocks that I've removed from my wish-list due to uselessness, ambiguity, easy workaround, etc etc.
repeat for (1) secs ::control cstart //Will not work if internal code executes longer than expected
end
while <> ::events hat //Exactly like the forever if block -- not worth making.
when <> ::events //Too many backend processes to handle this smoothly

<right mouse down? ::sensing> //Flash player does not allow it

stamp video ::sensing //Too dangerous / invasion of privacy
BlueCrayfish
Scratcher
500+ posts

My Block Wish-List

ProdigyZeta7 wrote:

Please note that I don't like to clutter the forums with so many topics about each of the blocks below, so I much prefer to consolidate them in this topic, which also makes it easier to manage than across, say, 10 or more topics. I'll add descriptions under each category when I have the time.

WANTED BLOCKS – The blocks that I like to some degree. An asterisk (*) indicates high likeability.

//Key : W,S = Workaroundable, but supported       NW,S = Hard/Not workaroundable, but supported       
//W,NS = Workaroundable, but not supported NW,NS = Hard/Not workaroundable, but not supported.

//Motion
turn for (3) secs to direction (30) ::motion //W,S
revolve (15) degrees around [sprite v] ::motion //clockwise //W,NS: This has an easy workaround.
revolve (15) degrees around x: (100) y: (-50) ::motion //NW,S: While this is workaroundable, this would be very useful.
point towards x: (100) y: (100) ::motion //* NW,S: Much needed!
[lock/unlock v] sprite to [sprite v] ::motion //Basically like how grouping works in the vector editor, except with sprites W,NS: This has as easy workaround.

//Looks
set [x-stretch v] effect to (0) //Increases width of sprite NW,S: Impossible workaround, super support!
set [y-stretch v] effect to (0) //Increases height of sprite NW,S: Same as above.
set costume center to x: (0) y: (0) ::looks //This would set the costume center to the x and y as if the sprite were in the center of the stage. W,NS: Useful, but workaroundable.
set costume center x to (0) ::looks //Same as above.
set costume center y to (0) ::looks //Same as above.

(sprite name ::looks) //W,NS: Why would you need this script? If you're programming, won't you already know the name of sprite in which you're placing the blocks?
(costume name ::looks) //* W,NS: Go to a different sprite, then to [i]Sensing[/i], then go to the (costume name of sprite) block. Drag it to the original sprite.
(costume width ::looks) //Same as two blocks above
(costume height ::looks) //Same as above.
(costume [name v] ::looks) //An alternative to #, name, height, width... W,S

//Sounds
play sound [sound v] in reverse ::sound //W,NS: You can make alternate file of the reversed sound.
set play speed at (1.5) times normal speed ::sound //NW,S
set play speed at (64) kbps ::sound //Alternate version NW,S
set pitch offset to (1) Hz ::sound //NW,S
change pitch offset by (1) Hz ::sound//Same as above
play note (32) for (0.5) beats and continue ::sound //Plays note and does not wait for block to finish

//Pen
set pen layer to (1) ::pen //Enable for pen drawing behind other pen drawings NW,S: This would very hard for the Scratch Team to implement.
set pen color to [red v] ::pen //Quickly select the color from a drop-down menu at shade 50 W,NS: Easy workaround.
set pen color to r:(0) g:(0) b:(0) ::pen //Yeah, there are workarounds W,S: (:P my first W,S)
set pen alpha to (0) ::pen //* Pen transparency, 100 = invisible W,S: Not a very nice workaround.
change pen alpha by (10) ::pen // Same as above
//Events
when [sprite1 v] switches to costume [costume1 v] ::events hat W,NS
broadcast [message v] locally ::events //Sender sprite is the only one receiving the message NW,S: Useful, but not commonly used.
broadcast [message v] locally and wait ::events //Same as above.

//Control
break loop ::control cap //stops repeating through a loop to execute the blocks after it

stop [every other script v] ::stack // NW,S: Quite useful!

while <> ::control cstart //All of these are workaroundable.
end
repeat ::control cstart
until <> ::control cend //A post-test version of the repeat until loop
while <> ::control cend //A post-test version of the while loop

//Sensing
show [timer v] ::sensing //also for minute, hour, second, costume #, volume, etc... W,S
hide [timer v] ::sensing //Same as above
resume timer ::sensing //*
pause timer ::sensing //*
set microphone volume to (100) ::sensing
change microphone volume by (10) ::sensing
(mic volume ::sensing)
set video resolution to (1) ::sensing //sets how pixelated the video is, lower is greater detail
([days v] since 2000 ::sensing) //can change to months, years, hours, minutes, seconds
(project id ::sensing) //*

//Operators
((2) ^ (5) ::operators) //******* So much want!
((3)! ::operators)
([hexidecimal v] of (15) ::operators) //Returns the number converted to base 16
([factorial v] of (3) ::operators) //* Alternate version of (()!)
([sinh v] of (9) ::operators) //I've made workarounds but they get expensive to process

//Custom
custom block [dropdown v] ::custom
//Custom reporters
(xyz of (a)(b)(c) ::custom) //*
<xyz is (this)? ::custom> //Boolean
return [] ::custom cap //*

REJECTED Blocks – The blocks that I've removed from my wish-list due to uselessness, ambiguity, easy workaround, etc etc.
repeat for (1) secs ::control cstart //Will not work if internal code executes longer than expected
end

Does this pique your interest:
A 26 year old accountant was framed for changing records, who, now a fugitive, flees, and tries to find the organization who actually coordinated the scam.

Would you be interested in joining:
A collab that is checked every day and managed well.

Then why don't you click the sunglasses guy?

Yanderan
Scratcher
100+ posts

My Block Wish-List

ProdigyZeta7 wrote:

//Motion
turn for (3) secs to direction (30) ::motion
revolve (15) degrees around [sprite v] ::motion //clockwise
revolve (15) degrees around x: (100) y: (-50) ::motion
point towards x: (100) y: (100) ::motion //*
[lock/unlock v] sprite to [sprite v] ::motion //Basically like how grouping works in the vector editor, except with sprites

//Looks
set [x-stretch v] effect to (0) //Increases width of sprite
set [y-stretch v] effect to (0) //Increases height of sprite
set costume center to x: (0) y: (0) ::looks //This would set the costume center to the x and y as if the sprite were in the center of the stage.
set costume center x to (0) ::looks
set costume center y to (0) ::looks

(sprite name ::looks)
(costume name ::looks) //*
(costume width ::looks)
(costume height ::looks)
(costume [name v] ::looks) //An alternative to #, name, height, width...

//Sounds
play sound [sound v] in reverse ::sound
set play speed at (1.5) times normal speed ::sound
set play speed at (64) kbps ::sound //Alternate version
set pitch offset to (1) Hz ::sound
change pitch offset by (1) Hz ::sound
play note (32) for (0.5) beats and continue ::sound //Plays note and does not wait for block to finish

//Pen
set pen layer to (1) ::pen //Enable for pen drawing behind other pen drawings
set pen color to [red v] ::pen //Quickly select the color from a drop-down menu at shade 50
set pen color to r:(0) g:(0) b:(0) ::pen //Yeah, there are workarounds
set pen alpha to (0) ::pen //* Pen transparency, 100 = invisible
change pen alpha by (10) ::pen //*
//Events
when [sprite1 v] switches to costume [costume1 v] ::events hat
broadcast [message v] locally ::events //Sender sprite is the only one receiving the message
broadcast [message v] locally and wait ::events

//Control
break loop ::control cap //* stops repeating through a loop to execute the blocks after it

stop [every other script v] ::stack //*

while <> ::control cstart //*
end
until <> ::control cend //A post-test version of the repeat until loop
while <> ::control cend //A post-test version of the while loop

//Sensing
show [timer v] ::sensing //also for minute, hour, second, costume #, volume, etc...
hide [timer v] ::sensing
resume timer ::sensing //*
pause timer ::sensing //*
set microphone volume to (100) ::sensing
change microphone volume by (10) ::sensing
(mic volume ::sensing)
set video resolution to (1) ::sensing //sets how pixelated the video is, lower is greater detail
([days v] since 2000 ::sensing) //can change to months, years, hours, minutes, seconds
(project id ::sensing) //*

//Operators
((2) ^ (5) ::operators) //******* So much want!
((3)! ::operators)
([hexidecimal v] of (15) ::operators) //Returns the number converted to base 16
([factorial v] of (3) ::operators) //* Alternate version of (()!)
([sinh v] of (9) ::operators) //I've made workarounds but they get expensive to process

//Custom
custom block [dropdown v] ::custom
//Custom reporters
(xyz of (a)(b)(c) ::custom) //*
<xyz is (this)? ::custom> //Boolean
return [] ::custom cap //*

end

UGH. Many people have said they don't like block lists!

This is Zach. He protects me from the MAD KUMQUATS!!!

:)::motion

And this is Emily. She also protects me from kumquats.

:D::sound
Ziggy741
Scratcher
1000+ posts

My Block Wish-List

Paddle2See wrote:

Please use a separate topic for each new block idea so that the conversation doesn't get confused and each idea can be given the attention it deserves. Also, please use the Search bar to check and see if there is already an existing topic - add to the existing topic if there is one. Thanks!

Note that most of my posts on the forums are from years ago, probably mainly in 2016.

(Unsolved!) How can you see all the shared projects of a deleted account? And some important context. And something else about it.
Please help me answer that question. (From May 2023)

(I know I may seem desperate, the person who owned the account whose projects I am trying to find had been doing some stuff that might need to get taken down)