Discuss Scratch

Ziggy741
Scratcher
1000+ posts

(Unsolved!) How can you see all the shared projects of a deleted account?

(Unsolved!)

I remember it used to be possible to just go to https://scratch.mit.edu/users/account/projects/ , and you could see the shared projects of a deleted account. That does not work anymore, though. I saw the idea of using https://api.scratch.mit.edu/users/account/projects ; however, that will not show all the shared projects. One could search the account's username, but it probably cannot be guaranteed that all of the user's projects will show up.

See this reply to this post for more context as to why I am asking this

And another thing

Last edited by Ziggy741 (May 24, 2023 23:56:28)

Note that most of my posts on the forums are from years ago, probably mainly in 2016.

(Unsolved!) How can you see all the shared projects of a deleted account? And some important context. And something else about it.
Please help me answer that question. (From May 2023)

(I know I may seem desperate, the person who owned the account whose projects I am trying to find had been doing some stuff that might need to get taken down)
medians
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Hold on, when did this stop working?
And maybe the wayback machine saved their account?

NEW: Medians bamboozled by 3.0 (version 3.0): https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/979822351/
hi875230163394: You're similar to valve in that you both hate a certain number…
Scratch 0.x, 1.x, 2.x, 3.x and LogoBlocks Archives
Bamboozlement: https://scratch.mit.edu/studios/33739789
Fun_Cupcake_i81: https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/850535211/
Years on internet: 15 (soon 16)
medians: Oh god not this utc - 12 thing again..
Fun_Cupcake_i81: What, were you expecting not to see the utc - 12 thing again? THE UTC - 12 THIGN ALWAYS RETURNS. ALWAYS.
medians: I knew it would happen. I was the one who started it last year.
Fun_Cupcake_i81: Well then if you didn't want it back maybe you need to time travel to last year and fix that

Oh wait if you could time travel I think we all know exactly when you would go-
user1: That picture is from 2.0. Now he’s at my house and is my pet.
user2: But this is medians we're talking about, so “from 2.0” can mean the same thing as “from five seconds ago”.

Detect Scratch version here
My other accounts: @selfexplanatory @modesties @chaircard @fireflyhero @dividendyield @colloids @radians @skeuamorphism @dihectogon @anglebisector @aau- @EditBlockColors @AdamantOrb @MoongeistBeam @festively @Ampharos_ @ straightforwardness
i trolled redcat LOL

if you see this
{what method did you use::control hat
answer on profile ::motion
} ::operators
;
Za-Chary
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The method you describe is only possible if a user (or the Scratch Team) chooses to delete their account but not their projects. If a user (or the Scratch Team) deletes their account and chooses to delete their projects, then the projects are no longer visible. /srs

This is my forum signature! On a forum post, it is okay for Scratchers to advertise in their forum signature. The signature is the stuff that shows up below the horizontal line on the post. It will show up on every post I make.

I was a Scratch Team member from May 10th 2019 to October 29th 2021.

my notebook | scratch team essay | accessibility essay
medians
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Za-Chary wrote:

The method you describe is only possible if a user (or the Scratch Team) chooses to delete their account but not their projects. If a user (or the Scratch Team) deletes their account and chooses to delete their projects, then the projects are no longer visible. /srs
Oh okay, I thought that it was completely gone.

NEW: Medians bamboozled by 3.0 (version 3.0): https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/979822351/
Fun_Cupcake_i81: What, were you expecting not to see the utc - 12 thing again? THE UTC - 12 THIGN ALWAYS RETURNS. ALWAYS.
Fun_Cupcake_i81: Well then if you didn't want it back maybe you need to time travel to last year and fix that

user2: But this is medians we're talking about, so “from 2.0” can mean the same thing as “from five seconds ago”.

My other accounts: @selfexplanatory @modesties @chaircard @fireflyhero @dividendyield @colloids @radians @skeuamorphism @dihectogon @anglebisector @aau- @EditBlockColors @AdamantOrb @MoongeistBeam @festively @Ampharos_ @ straightforwardness
i trolled redcat LOL

if you see this
;
Ziggy741
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Za-Chary wrote:

The one with the api, or the other method?

Note that most of my posts on the forums are from years ago, probably mainly in 2016.

(Unsolved!) How can you see all the shared projects of a deleted account? And some important context. And something else about it.

(I know I may seem desperate, the person who owned the account whose projects I am trying to find had been doing some stuff that might need to get taken down)
Ziggy741
Scratcher
1000+ posts

medians wrote:

Hold on, when did this stop working?
And maybe the wayback machine saved their account?
I did not find anything for the person's user page or their project page, but thank you.

Za-Chary
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Ziggy741 wrote:

The other one.

Except now I tried it with a profile that I've usually tested this out on, and it doesn't seem to be working anymore. So either something changed about their profile, or you are correct and something changed about the entire system.

This is my forum signature! On a forum post, it is okay for Scratchers to advertise in their forum signature. The signature is the stuff that shows up below the horizontal line on the post. It will show up on every post I make.

I was a Scratch Team member from May 10th 2019 to October 29th 2021.

my notebook | scratch team essay | accessibility essay
Ziggy741
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Za-Chary wrote:

Ziggy741 wrote:

The other one.

Except now I tried it with a profile that I've usually tested this out on, and it doesn't seem to be working anymore. So either something changed about their profile, or you are correct and something changed about the entire system.
I tried it with multiple deleted accounts, and none of them worked. So it is likely the latter.

Ziggy741
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Za-Chary wrote:

Ziggy741 wrote:

The other one.

I tried it with a few more accounts, so the latter seems more likely. (Hopefully there is not a double response to this; I responded before but it only shows when I am logged in for me)

Ziggy741
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Za-Chary wrote:

Ziggy741 wrote:

The other one.

I tried it with a few more deleted accounts, but it did not work. So it is likely the latter.

Ziggy741
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Za-Chary wrote:

Ziggy741 wrote:

The other one.

I tried it with a few other deleted accounts, and I could not see their projects. So it is likely the latter. (I tried telling about this several times before, but I guess it was glitching or something, so hopefully it works now)

medians
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Both of the previous replies seem to show for me, weird. Do you mean that they don't show?

i trolled redcat LOL

if you see this
;
Ziggy741
Scratcher
1000+ posts

medians wrote:

Both of the previous replies seem to show for me, weird. Do you mean that they don't show?
At first they were only showed when I was logged in, but they seem fine now when logged off.

medians
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Ziggy741 wrote:

medians wrote:

At first they were only showed when I was logged in, but they seem fine now when logged off.
That's just because when you're logged out, it takes longer for things to update on the Scratch website, you'd have to wait.

Last edited by medians (May 21, 2023 17:37:42)

i trolled redcat LOL

if you see this
;
Ziggy741
Scratcher
1000+ posts

medians wrote:

Ziggy741 wrote:

medians wrote:

That's just because when you're logged out, it takes longer for things to update on the Scratch website, you'd have to wait.
Oh, okay.

Ziggy741
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Bump.

And, more context as to why I am asking this, it is because there was a user, whose account is now deleted (whether they deleted it or if Scratch deleted it I do not know). At least some of their shared projects are still up, some of which might not be suitable for Scratch (that applied to more than just their projects). I am considering sending Scratch a message through Contact Us about this situation. I remember on one of their projects they said some comments that could help to give a better idea as to what this user was like, to help show why I think some of this user's stuff might not have been suitable for Scratch. I have not found the project by searching or by some other means so far, so I thought that if I could see all their shared projects, I might be able to find the project if it is still shared.

Last edited by Ziggy741 (May 23, 2023 00:58:19)

Ziggy741
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Bump

Ziggy741
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Bump.

And, for a little more information, this user was doing some behavior that was not necessarily appropriate for Scratch.

Coding-Emerald
Scratcher
15 posts

Hello! I didn't see the whole tread, so I'm not sure if your answer is resolved or not, but let me give it a shot. I believe that it may have just been a bug, although I didn't notice it. But, the deleted account's owner may have selected the option “Delete My Projects” when in the process of deleting their account.
Ziggy741
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Coding-Emerald wrote:

Hello! I didn't see the whole tread, so I'm not sure if your answer is resolved or not, but let me give it a shot. I believe that it may have just been a bug, although I didn't notice it. But, the deleted account's owner may have selected the option “Delete My Projects” when in the process of deleting their account.
Thank you for responding! The answer is not resolved yet. The owner (or the Scratch Team) did not choose to delete their projects, as they still have shared projects.