You must add fonts, especially Comic Sans and DJ Chunky
Please don’t necropost.

Reporting to be locked
its not necroposting because he added to the discussion

KittyFireSt0rm
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Fonts

HUGE support for Times New Roman, it's the text I use a lot outside of scratch and it's a very professional looking font that would be good for those scratchers who write stories in the editor

404: Signature Not Found
scramaso
Scratcher
500+ posts

Fonts

Somebody just forgot .

hello
KittyFireSt0rm
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Fonts

scramaso wrote:

Somebody just forgot .

I'm not the biggest fan of Comic Sans, it's not a bad font, but it's not the one I want implemented

Last edited by KittyFireSt0rm (May 11, 2020 15:24:17)

404: Signature Not Found
scramaso
Scratcher
500+ posts

Fonts

KittyFireSt0rm wrote:

scramaso wrote:

Somebody just forgot .

I'm not the biggest fan of Comic Sans, it's not a bad font, but it's not the one I want implemented
It’s just a joke.

hello
WildTraces
Scratcher
100+ posts

Fonts

What about Montserrat, it looks professional. Also we need a thick font that's better than ‘marker’
thr565ono
Scratcher
100+ posts

Fonts

Why not allow support for any font on your computer, bitmap it, and use it as a photo

I am the creator of Code Snippets, a Scratch studio. You can see lots of useful things to add to your project to make it even better.
glow_stone68
Scratcher
34 posts

Fonts

ArrstalKOP wrote:

Hello Scratch, you may have heard this enough already, but I am too lazy to sift through hundreds of discussions there are hundreds of requests, I have no time to go through them all.

Ok, so as you read in the subject, I want more fonts. We only have 6 right now; Helvetica, Mystery, Scratch, Marker, and 2 more. That's great and all, but for a free programming site, I think it needs some more. Some that I would like:

Techno (techno overload)
Oxygen
Futura

Of course, you do not have to add these exact ones, but I would appreciate it if there was more! Thank you Scratch Team!
(say support to support)
Supporters:
robloxpie
FalcomGunner99
JavaFernOS
prinseskat
matey1234
CakesandPies
Mewthesmasher
letsgopitt
MegaApuTurkUltra
Le_adrien
Really_A
ItchyCatIII
wizard192
Tropic
TheAwesomeMaster
when green flag clicked
forever
say [I support!]
end

Last edited by glow_stone68 (June 20, 2020 18:29:24)

say [Hello!]
Nambaseking01
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Fonts

glow_stone68 wrote:

when green flag clicked
forever
say [I support!]
end

Please explain why you support - the Scratch Team only implements suggestions based off of the reason of the supporters rather than the amount.

Yes please.

If the Scratch Team ever decides to do this, please add Arial. It's one of my favorite fonts and I'd enjoy using it on Scratch a lot.

Hey there! My name is Nammy. I'm a male Forum Helper and Scratch Wiki Editor.
Profile | Test Account | Talk with me here! | Griffpatch is quitting Scratch?!
Vetzlan
Scratcher
100+ posts

Fonts

Support! Sometimes I've needed to add different fonts to my projects (which I can't), forcing me to use the language fonts.

Last edited by Vetzlan (July 28, 2020 21:30:00)

If you cut the wings off a fly, would it be a walk?
Steve0Greatness
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Fonts

And also support, fun fact, that's the Scratch font!

Last edited by Steve0Greatness (Oct. 2, 2020 21:51:36)

/hj is the worst tone indicator. It's confusing and ambiguous. I hate it. The point of tone indicators is to indicate tone, or the way that a piece of text should be read, but what does “half joking” mean? Do you just wake up in the morning and think “wow, I really have something I want to talk about seriously but also kinda not, IDK you decide.” It's useless. I hate it. It just provokes a deep rooted anger within me whenever I see it. People just comment /hj as if it makes any sense. It doesn't. Oh wow, it's a tone indicator that's has a relative meaning, how useful, I'll use it in every comment I post. NO. STOP IT. You're a tone indicator, you have only one job, and yet you sit there doing nothing apart angering me.

/srs

^^^ (there's more below)
This one is useful because it tells you that this signature is fully 100% serious. (/srs) Who would've thought that tone indicators needed to tell you something about the piece of text they're attached to? /s

I'm serious, I'm not even going to put multiple (/hj)s a the end of my signature as to mock the previous paragraph for not getting the point of something(like previous version of my signature). /srs
JPOWERPUFFGIRLS
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Fonts

Can someone make a mockup on what these new fonts would look like

BobzGamesAlt
Scratcher
500+ posts

Fonts

You can get any font included with chrome by setting it as your serif font, for example, I have comic sans. The only problem is that other people viewing the project will see their serif font

Last edited by kaj (Tomorrow 00:00:00)

moisture.png

fdreerf
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Fonts

BobzGamesAlt wrote:

You can get any font included with chrome by setting it as your serif font, for example, I have comic sans. The only problem is that other people viewing the project will see their serif font
Couldn't you then convert it to bitmap, saving the pixels and thus the font?

Hyped for MS-DOS 11.0
evanultra01
Scratcher
100+ posts

Fonts

I made a project which includes some fonts which were in my system into scratch, which are usable
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/403316040/
mybearworld
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Fonts

We do need
  • A better Sans Serif font. This one looks so weird.. Something similar to ?
  • A “Mono” Font - Like ,

Signatures are the only place where assets links still work.
lm1996
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Fonts

Support, there are lots of serif and cursive fonts that I love.

Lm / She/her / D&D DM / April 3rd /
coderKingsley
Scratcher
54 posts

Fonts

ArrstalKOP wrote:

Hello Scratch, you may have heard this enough already, but I am too lazy to sift through hundreds of discussions there are hundreds of requests, I have no time to go through them all.

Ok, so as you read in the subject, I want more fonts. We only have 6 right now; Helvetica, Mystery, Scratch, Marker, and 2 more. That's great and all, but for a free programming site, I think it needs some more. Some that I would like:

Techno (techno overload)
Oxygen
Futura

Of course, you do not have to add these exact ones, but I would appreciate it if there was more! Thank you Scratch Team!
(say support to support)
Supporters:
robloxpie
FalcomGunner99
JavaFernOS
prinseskat
matey1234
CakesandPies
Mewthesmasher
letsgopitt
MegaApuTurkUltra
Le_adrien
Really_A
ItchyCatIII
wizard192
Tropic
TheAwesomeMaster
(importing) fonts! (importing) fonts! We want to (import) fonts!

THIS is a bad signiture

;