Discuss Scratch

MineTurte
Scratcher
500+ posts

Advanced Alpha Games Studio (Hiring artists, game designers, and more!)

moigam wrote:

API is not related to AI.

“An application programming interface (API) is a way for two or more computer programs or components to communicate with each other. It is a type of software interface, offering a service to other pieces of software.”

It's a basically a thing for coding where you can get / access info of a service of a website
For more examples, here's something I made a few days ago. Not scratch (cuz scratch can't be an API unless you know python and how to use replit, which I do not know either). It uses a thing called “computer vision” aka (the start of the aka loophole) just detecting colors in a JS canvas. The program looks for a selected color and colors in a set range and “highlights” them aka , an API.
Interacts with “another computer” and “offers services” to my computer. Now right now it's kinda in the middle of being an API and just programming. The reason I say that is because on my dinky little school pc, I can't use shell, node, etc. so I can't actually automatically screenshot a page, send it to my program, and highlight it on my page. One day…

Btw I would give you the link to the best working version but it uses a website that I don't wanna be filled up with requests so I'll just give you the version not using a screenshot. Also the current screenshot is google classroom and I don't want y'all seeing my dang classes lol.

JSFiddle: https://jsfiddle.net/junibug/0wqdyumv/216/
Keep in mind this suprising does NOT run super fast. Takes like 5-10 seconds to load it. Pretty much like scratch printers and how it has to scan the entire screen. And actually it's pretty simple-ish code. Only took like 2-3 hours to write (mainly cuz I knew almost nothing about canvas and had to surf for awhile, now though I understand it fairly well.) oh and if 2-3 hours sounds like a lot, it's absolutely nothing. Longest time i've spent programming (not consecutively) was 10+ hours…

Anyways back on topic. Application time! Yippie.

Realaether wrote:

Username: Realaether
Position: Lead Art
Why do you want to join us? I'd like to collaborate and help your team make games for the community
How active will you be? I spend around 3 hours a day on scratch
How skilled are you at the position you chose? Pretty well skilled.
Proof of work (if possible): Check my profile for my pinned project ( the first one thats big (like what im working on or something) )
Notes (optional): I am also skilled at animation, and i can work more than three hours than needed, but also, i live in australia, so my schedule might not meet up with you guys.
Sorry but I don't think I can accept you as an animator. Maybe you can try applying for another role?

Samalam304 wrote:

quoting is broken for me on the site at the moment for me, I'm replying to Mineturte
It kind of depends on the week, I'm open Tuesday to Friday mostly.
Accepted! I will soon invite you to all of the things necessary.
Here are some links to help ya out:
Official Website (this includes the roles and a link tree and also the rules. Please look at the rules ASAP).
Studio
Sound Team

If I missed responding to anyone sorry, had to catch up with all of the chaos ;-; I am not superhuman or something. I am still mortal

Last edited by MineTurte (April 28, 2024 12:41:23)

(pronouns are she/her). Advanced Alpha Game Studios Manager. Our website: https://aags2.w3spaces.com
This is JuniperActias. AKA Moth mommy. If I helped you out consider following Juni-Bug (my new account)!

If you found this secret, say uwu
Signature gradients here

Sohta_kun
Scratcher
100+ posts

moigam wrote:

It's basically a thing for coding where you can get / access info of a service of a website
Then isn't it unrelated to AI, at least in this context?

As a person who is too lazy to think of a good signature, @Sohta_kun is a random guy whose existence is confirmed. Also a self-proclaimed respected member of grifftopia. You can also find him in his dark basement room where you can either see him having an existential crisis or desparately trying to get his Twin Famicom to work as a Disk System.
when green flag clicked
forever
Imagine
Program
Hope you don't get banned
end

To do:
MORE FILLER TEXT

Random filler text: My list of friends
@Thefireking0009: My friend from summer camp.
@beracakirbay: An irl friend I met in fourth grade.
@CeaderCrestLS: Another friend from fourth grade.
@AshNorton321: A good friend of mine that I met on this site.

Random filler text part 2: My mission to beat all GG Sonic games
1: Done
2: Done
Chaos: Done
TT: Done
Blast: Done
Drift: Done
Drift 2: Trash
Labyrinth: 3-2
Mean Bean: Stage 6
Spinball: Trash
SkyPatrol: Training
Adventures: Somewhere

Random filler text part 3: My stats (current/goal)
Frontpaged: 0/10
Number of times I cringed to death: 84/100
Banish count: 14/50
Sonic OC quality recolors: 1/0
Touching grass: 0/1
Day count of trying not to get replied: 26/365
Success rate: 0 / whatever day it is
Filler text: this much / infinite

Random filler text part 4: Milestones on the forums
100th post
………………..

There's no way I could pad this out even more, or so I thought,
But then i had a very good idea. I used F5. See, using F5 gave me a whole new perspective and i was able to see a chest i couldn't have seen before.

Why are you still here?
moigam
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Sohta_kun wrote:

moigam wrote:

It's basically a thing for coding where you can get / access info of a service of a website
Then isn't it unrelated to AI, at least in this context?
“API is not related to AI.”

We're desperately needing game designers, who will think about the lore, story and gameplay of games we will make!
Realaether
Scratcher
21 posts

Coder + Animator seems good for me
Sohta_kun
Scratcher
100+ posts

Realaether wrote:

Coder + Animator seems good for me

MineTurte wrote:

Sorry but I don't think I can accept you as an animator. Maybe you can try applying for another role?

As a person who is too lazy to think of a good signature, @Sohta_kun is a random guy whose existence is confirmed. Also a self-proclaimed respected member of grifftopia. You can also find him in his dark basement room where you can either see him having an existential crisis or desparately trying to get his Twin Famicom to work as a Disk System.
when green flag clicked
forever
Imagine
Program
Hope you don't get banned
end

To do:
MORE FILLER TEXT

Random filler text: My list of friends
@Thefireking0009: My friend from summer camp.
@beracakirbay: An irl friend I met in fourth grade.
@CeaderCrestLS: Another friend from fourth grade.
@AshNorton321: A good friend of mine that I met on this site.

Random filler text part 2: My mission to beat all GG Sonic games
1: Done
2: Done
Chaos: Done
TT: Done
Blast: Done
Drift: Done
Drift 2: Trash
Labyrinth: 3-2
Mean Bean: Stage 6
Spinball: Trash
SkyPatrol: Training
Adventures: Somewhere

Random filler text part 3: My stats (current/goal)
Frontpaged: 0/10
Number of times I cringed to death: 84/100
Banish count: 14/50
Sonic OC quality recolors: 1/0
Touching grass: 0/1
Day count of trying not to get replied: 26/365
Success rate: 0 / whatever day it is
Filler text: this much / infinite

Random filler text part 4: Milestones on the forums
100th post
………………..

There's no way I could pad this out even more, or so I thought,
But then i had a very good idea. I used F5. See, using F5 gave me a whole new perspective and i was able to see a chest i couldn't have seen before.

Why are you still here?
Realaether
Scratcher
21 posts

maybe game tester?
sieugach
Scratcher
48 posts

igtnathan5 wrote:

sieugach wrote:

what do you mean by that, API? btw i like to code bots
API in my terms..
oh ok.

./console/client(s)/signature/
sieugach
Scratcher
48 posts

so can i code bots and stuff?

./console/client(s)/signature/
RecessFailsOffical
Scratcher
1000+ posts

hey! sorry, i was on a school trip in DC.

what happened this wknd?

highlight (double click) a piece of text + control (command if on mac) + shift + down arrow key to see my full “siggy”.
If your computer can't see images from Cubeupload, that's not my problem
I ACTUALLY REACHED 1000+ POSTS
“Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it's a simple adventure story. Others can read the ingredients on a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe.”

cool stuff: 500th post | an awesome suggestion made by moi | an awesome controversial suggestion also made by moi | gen z has attacked | why did tfh get deleted yall

American-Armenian

Hi! I'm @RecessFailsOffical. This is my signature, where I am allowed to advertise, blockspam, etc. It goes under every post I make. I know I spelled Official wrong in my username because I made this account when I was like 2. I'm in 6th Grade, I like coding and I want to be a software developer when I grow up.
Pronouns: He/Him or any pronouns as long as I'm not referred to as “Gibson”, “she/her”, or “TommyInnit”.

MineTurte
Scratcher
500+ posts

Realaether wrote:

maybe game tester?
Accepted! For links just go back to my really long post and go to them. Especially go to the website and then the rules, those are important.

RecessFailsOffical wrote:

hey! sorry, i was on a school trip in DC.

what happened this wknd?
Literally nothing.

(pronouns are she/her). Advanced Alpha Game Studios Manager. Our website: https://aags2.w3spaces.com
This is JuniperActias. AKA Moth mommy. If I helped you out consider following Juni-Bug (my new account)!

Signature gradients here

PixelGod677
Scratcher
25 posts

I'm back!
If I did somehow manage not to miss an activity check, then I'm Blessed. lol
sorry, I had exam month and we went on a trip…. totally forgot about dis.
anything happen in the month I was gone?

Last edited by PixelGod677 (May 2, 2024 16:46:55)

MineTurte
Scratcher
500+ posts

PixelGod677 wrote:

I'm back!
If I did somehow manage not to miss an activity check, then I'm Blessed. lol
sorry, I had exam month and we went on a trip…. totally forgot about dis.
anything happen in the month I was gone?

please stop asking for people to summarize everything that happened while you were gone. Its your job to keep track, no one else's. This applies for everyone.

Signature gradients here

MineTurte
Scratcher
500+ posts

ANNOUNCEMENT
We are now entering the general school ending period. This means nearly half of the staff will most likely be very unactive. I am about to do an activity check, failing it will not remove you instantly, instead something else (details specified in activity check). Once everyone is in spring break, activity will most likely be close to none. People are working real jobs, people are living their lives. I myself have a job I am in training for. This will cause production of anything to be at a stand still. I will announce the start of a “hibernation” period. There will be no activity checks, and no need to be active until said period is over. Those who can still work are allowed to but on one condition, either a staff member or lead is still active enough. Leads have no restriction. Moderation will also be paused. Rules are still in place but will not be enforced until hibernation period is over in which all rules broken will be dealt with accordingly. TOU is always in place.

“HIBERNATION” PERIOD
Starting: June 1st.
Ending: N/A.

There will be no activity checks, and no need to be active until said period is over. Those who can still work are allowed to but on one condition, either a staff member or lead is still active enough. Leads have no restriction. Moderation will also be paused. Rules are still in place but will not be enforced until hibernation period is over in which all rules broken will be dealt with accordingly. TOU is always in place.

Enjoy your spring break!

Signature gradients here

MineTurte
Scratcher
500+ posts

ANNOUNCEMENT
We are now entering the general school ending period. This means nearly half of the staff will most likely be very unactive. I am about to do an activity check, failing it will not remove you instantly, instead something else (details specified in activity check). Once everyone is in spring break, activity will most likely be close to none. People are working real jobs, people are living their lives. I myself have a job I am in training for. This will cause production of anything to be at a stand still. I will announce the start of a “hibernation” period. There will be no activity checks, and no need to be active until said period is over. Those who can still work are allowed to but on one condition, either a staff member or lead is still active enough. Leads have no restriction. Moderation will also be paused. Rules are still in place but will not be enforced until hibernation period is over in which all rules broken will be dealt with accordingly. TOU is always in place.

“HIBERNATION” PERIOD
Starting: June 1st.
Ending: N/A.

There will be no activity checks, and no need to be active until said period is over. Those who can still work are allowed to but on one condition, either a staff member or lead is still active enough. Leads have no restriction. Moderation will also be paused. Rules are still in place but will not be enforced until hibernation period is over in which all rules broken will be dealt with accordingly. TOU is always in place.

Enjoy your spring break!

Last edited by MineTurte (May 2, 2024 17:02:38)

Signature gradients here

MegiumZ
Scratcher
77 posts

moigam wrote:

Main post | Roles | Forms

Applying

If you want to join, please fill the following form! Please read the roles post before applying.

Po

moigam wrote:

Main post | Roles | Forms

Applying

If you want to join, please fill the following form! Please read the roles post before applying.

Username:
Position:
Why do you want to join us?
How active will you be?
How skilled are you at the position you chose?
Proof of work (if possible):
Notes (optional):
Username: MegiumZ
Position: Art Lead
Why do you want to join us? because i just saw this and im pretty intrested
How active will you be? ill be active sometimes
How skilled are you at the position you chose? pretty good (i have a cartoonish style with my drawings)
Proof of work (if possible): all my projects
Notes (optional): im terrible at coding, not so got at making music, and even still im kinda bad at digital art, but on pen and paper im the best at my style

"i am here" -megiumz
if you click on my page
forever
insanity awaits you
end
RecessFailsOffical
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Uhhhhhh so my school ends on may 24th.

i will leave for armenia sometime in june and will be back somewhere around july 18th

the wifi there is not good so…. yeah i'll probs be inactive.

highlight (double click) a piece of text + control (command if on mac) + shift + down arrow key to see my full “siggy”.
“Some people can read War and Peace and come away thinking it's a simple adventure story. Others can read the ingredients on a chewing gum wrapper and unlock the secrets of the universe.”

cool stuff: 500th post | an awesome suggestion made by moi | an awesome controversial suggestion also made by moi | gen z has attacked | why did tfh get deleted yall

American-Armenian

Hi! I'm @RecessFailsOffical. This is my signature, where I am allowed to advertise, blockspam, etc. It goes under every post I make. I know I spelled Official wrong in my username because I made this account when I was like 2. I'm in 6th Grade, I like coding and I want to be a software developer when I grow up.
Pronouns: He/Him or any pronouns as long as I'm not referred to as “Gibson”, “she/her”, or “TommyInnit”.

LP372
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Can i join
Username: LP372
Position: Programmer
Why do you want to join us: To code.
How active will you be: Often, mainly on weekends.
How skilled are you at the position you choose: Probably about a 7/10
Proof of work: Since i started fresh, none.

Projects I want people to see:
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/1018171720
moigam
Scratcher
1000+ posts

LP372 wrote:

Can i join
Can you get proof of work and describe what you are capable of coding?

We're desperately needing game designers, who will think about the lore, story and gameplay of games we will make!
LP372
Scratcher
1000+ posts

moigam wrote:

LP372 wrote:

Can i join
How can i get proof with no projects?

Projects I want people to see:
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/1018171720
RecessFailsOffical
Scratcher
1000+ posts

LP372 wrote:

moigam wrote:

LP372 wrote:

Can i join
How can i get proof with no projects?

make one

American-Armenian