Discuss Scratch

JTanner2026
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Hip Hop/Rap Forum

sabrinachichi wrote:

it has the same. repetitive. beat. EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.
that's not exclusive to the women…

(highlight then shift + down for bio)

haiii! i'm tanner/monika :3
bi femboy
he/her
in a lot of game fandoms
i draw and sing
i am a bit silly :3
MadaraWitDaSharingan
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Hip Hop/Rap Forum

JTanner2026 wrote:

sabrinachichi wrote:

Something you'll find in all music, an artist will see something worked well for one artist and repeat it

“Even if we were to become separated..Let's both think of each other”

MadaraWitDaSharingan
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Hip Hop/Rap Forum

MadaraWitDaSharingan wrote:

JTanner2026 wrote:

sabrinachichi wrote:

Something you'll find in all music, an artist will see something worked well for one artist and repeat it
Most of the complaints are universal in music

sabrinachichi
Scratcher
100+ posts

Hip Hop/Rap Forum

JTanner2026 wrote:

sabrinachichi wrote:

that's a good point…
and see, this is why i don't make hot takes often…i end up contradicting myself…

|ISFP-T|she/her/hers|12|clikkie, killjoy, and an american idiot|artist|drummer|
TWENTY-ONE PILOTS JUST BEING THE PILOTS
100th post

boom2ratz
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Hip Hop/Rap Forum

sabrinachichi wrote:

and 2. lyrics. ik some ppl don't really take this into factor but i do at least. I've looked at some of the lyrics on those songs, and they basically are talking about the same set of subjects in every song (i cant say WHAT it is bc scratch will literally ban me for life) and it just doesn't feel like authentic
But when male rappers rap about drugs and money every song with the same choppy style and the same 808 beat for the past 10 years, they don't get criticized. Rap as a whole is repetitive. It doesn't matter.

“That has to it”
- Matjam02
boom2ratz
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Hip Hop/Rap Forum

boom2ratz wrote:

sabrinachichi wrote:

and 2. lyrics. ik some ppl don't really take this into factor but i do at least. I've looked at some of the lyrics on those songs, and they basically are talking about the same set of subjects in every song (i cant say WHAT it is bc scratch will literally ban me for life) and it just doesn't feel like authentic
But when male rappers rap about drugs and money every song with the same choppy style and the same 808 beat for the past 10 years, they don't get criticized. Rap as a whole is repetitive. It doesn't matter.
Sorry people already said this I hadn't read everything yet

“That has to it”
- Matjam02
MadaraWitDaSharingan
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Hip Hop/Rap Forum

Then again, we've been on this earth for thousands of years, nothing is truly original

sabrinachichi
Scratcher
100+ posts

Hip Hop/Rap Forum

Then again, we've been on this earth for thousands of years, nothing is truly original
woah.

|ISFP-T|she/her/hers|12|clikkie, killjoy, and an american idiot|artist|drummer|
TWENTY-ONE PILOTS JUST BEING THE PILOTS
100th post

MadaraWitDaSharingan
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Hip Hop/Rap Forum

Dang I need to hit 1000 posts.

Whats everyones favorite album

boom2ratz
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Hip Hop/Rap Forum

great question. probably D*MN., TPAB, TMMLP, or Plastic Beach

Last edited by boom2ratz (March 11, 2024 14:04:39)

“That has to it”
- Matjam02
Platypus_WKeyboard
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Hip Hop/Rap Forum

Dang I need to hit 1000 posts.

I’m not the big into rap but I really like License to I’ll

A platypus? A platypus with a keyboard? Perry the platypus with a keyboard?

About Me.

| he/him | Jewish | Writer | Comic Fan | Movie and TV fanatic | Marvel, DC, Darkhorse, Image, comics are comics! | Music is cool, I like music | Doctor Who! | Animation is tight | Also new signature!

“Do you know what kind of person becomes a psychologist? A person that wishes deep down that everyone more special than them was sick because healthy sounds so much more exciting than boring. You're average, Britta Perry. You're every kid on the playground who didn't get picked on. You're a business casual potted plant, a human white sale. You're VH1 Robocop 2 and Back to the Future 3. You're the center slice of a square cheese pizza. Actually, that sounds delicious. I'm the center slice of a square cheese pizza. You're Jim Belushi.”
- Evil Abed
MadaraWitDaSharingan
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Hip Hop/Rap Forum

boom2ratz wrote:

Personally, I like Flower Boy or Highschool Dropout

portalpower
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Hip Hop/Rap Forum

boom2ratz wrote:

Haven't seen a single good female rapper I enjoy
Try Digable Planets, The Fugees/Lauryn Hill, Little Simz, and songs where female rappers are featured (like Monster)
I’d also add missy elliot, rhapsody, and maybe Beyoncé if she counts.

sabrinachichi wrote:

mandofan2 wrote:

-snip-
its just a bunch of guys drooling over her. all her music is trash. pardon thats offensive to trash cans, its organics
I wouldn't say that, she isn't for me though
well like, imo, the women rapper don't really have any ‘original music’. and what i mean by that is
1. the beat of the music
2. the lyrics
okay 1. everytime i hear a rap song by women (and again plz don't kill me im just saying an opinion im not sexist) it has the same. repetitive. beat. EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.
but idk that's just an opinion….
This is what I mean by female rappers being treated like a separate genre. They do the exact same thing as men but they get treated like they’re doing something completely different. Of course some of them are super repetitive and generic but the exact same thing is true for men. Some of them have also had massive impacts on the entire genre and have been recognized as goats (cough cough lauryn hill).

thank you for reading my post and have a nice day!
shift+down to view my signature

idk what to put here.
Codey9
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Hip Hop/Rap Forum

portalpower wrote:

boom2ratz wrote:

Try Digable Planets, The Fugees/Lauryn Hill, Little Simz, and songs where female rappers are featured (like Monster)

sabrinachichi wrote:

mandofan2 wrote:

-snip-
its just a bunch of guys drooling over her. all her music is trash. pardon thats offensive to trash cans, its organics
well like, imo, the women rapper don't really have any ‘original music’. and what i mean by that is
1. the beat of the music
2. the lyrics
okay 1. everytime i hear a rap song by women (and again plz don't kill me im just saying an opinion im not sexist) it has the same. repetitive. beat. EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.
This is what I mean by female rappers being treated like a separate genre. They do the exact same thing as men but they get treated like they’re doing something completely different. Of course some of them are super repetitive and generic but the exact same thing is true for men. Some of them have also had massive impacts on the entire genre and have been recognized as goats (cough cough lauryn hill).
There's definitely a lot of male rappers who do the same, but I think they get critiqued just as much if not more than female rappers. I also think there's also a lot of female rapper fans, I know I've seen a lot, just not on this forum though.

I don't think all female rappers sound the same, I just don't care for a lot of the ones I've heard. There's definitely been a few who I've thought sound good, though, and there's definitely a few who have had a large impact on hip-hop and are classics.

Last edited by Codey9 (March 11, 2024 14:47:15)

CHECK OUT MY NEW TOURNAMENT:
@NoCommunicationTournaments

Each team that competes can have no interaction between their members. If you want to join, go here:
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/959971233/

Codey9 | Critical thinker | INTJ | Screenwriter, Artist, and Game Maker
I could sell my house and move out to L.A.
Get inside of rooms with the biggest of names
Hire fifty people just to give me advice
On the way I should write
Oh God!
Sounds like a nightmare, if you ask me!

MOTTO ~ NF
XXAnimelover4lXX
Scratcher
75 posts

Hip Hop/Rap Forum

portalpower wrote:

boom2ratz wrote:

sabrinachichi wrote:

mandofan2 wrote:

-snip-
1. the beat of the music
2. the lyrics

thats true

Heyy it's Malia I like video games, anime, and music. My Playstation username- Malia_thequeen77
I play alot of games like GTAV, Zelda TOTK, Fallout 4, Call of duty, Fortnite, Roblox. I play games like first/third person shooter, RPG, Open world, etc
MadaraWitDaSharingan
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Hip Hop/Rap Forum

Question I haven't seen.

Whats one song that changed your life

boom2ratz
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Hip Hop/Rap Forum

Question I haven't seen.

only counting rap:

Lose Yourself
Clint Eastwood
Dr Greenthumb
Dear Mama
Big Poppa
m.A.A.d city
Superhero
Niagara Falls
Praise the Lord

Last edited by boom2ratz (March 11, 2024 14:56:59)

“That has to it”
- Matjam02
MadaraWitDaSharingan
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Hip Hop/Rap Forum

boom2ratz wrote:

Question I haven't seen.

only counting rap:

Lose Yourself
Clint Eastwood
Dr Greenthumb
Dear Mama
Big Poppa
m.A.A.d city
Superhero
Niagara Falls
Praise the Lord
Lot of Kendrick songs changed me, but Pride was one of those that hits you deep if you sit down and truly listen to it

MadaraWitDaSharingan
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Hip Hop/Rap Forum

What's the hype behind Ken Carson

mandofan2
Scratcher
100+ posts

Hip Hop/Rap Forum

boom2ratz wrote:

the eminem show, marshall mathers lp 1&2, the college dropout. I'm pretty basic

hi. I'm mandfan, owner of MFC, and a huge marvel nerd. I collect comics, and own over 250 comics. I have watched all marvel movies, except thor 2 my offical account for comics is -MANDOFANCOMICS-