Discuss Scratch

ZanterZlox
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Books, movies and everything else about SPACE

-TwentyFour- wrote:

I was 0 years old when I found:
Light redshifts or decreases it's frequency or loses energy while traveling in the expanding universe. (Google search “redshift of light” for more information.)
But am I only the one to realise that this lost energy may not really lost but gets converted into dark energy?
The fact that I'm not understanding a single thing you're saying(other than the last part) just goes to show that I should learn more about science.

but then again I don't watch YouTube anymore, which was my biggest source of info because I never went to another site……

I took signature quite literally

JTanner2026
Scratcher
1000+ posts

ZanterZlox wrote:

which was my biggest source of info because I never went to another site……
same lol

(highlight then shift + down for bio)

haiii! i'm tanner/monika :3
bi femboy
he/her
in a lot of game fandoms
i draw and sing
i am a bit silly :3
-TwentyFour-
Scratcher
500+ posts

ZanterZlox wrote:

-TwentyFour- wrote:

I was 0 years old when I found:
Light redshifts or decreases it's frequency or loses energy while traveling in the expanding universe. (Google search “redshift of light” for more information.)
But am I only the one to realise that this lost energy may not really lost but gets converted into dark energy?
The fact that I'm not understanding a single thing you're saying(other than the last part) just goes to show that I should learn more about science.

but then again I don't watch YouTube anymore, which was my biggest source of info because I never went to another site……
Uhh… Sorry for that. It's actually a bad idea to tell people that I'm preparing for the world's second hardest exam using my knowledge on science. (Yes, that's completely true!) I might have told directly like this. (I'm very poor in grammar even I'm preparing for second hardest exam lol.) Finally, you should not increase your knowledge on sceince. (Until you are preparing for an exam.) I need to decrease the complexity of my explanation to make you guys understand.
-TwentyFour-
Scratcher
500+ posts

Bump
Have I run out out of facts? But no problem, I have questions!

QOTB:
Which upcoming space movie are you excited for?

My answer: Probably Avatar 5, it seems to be an odd answer because we all know that Avatar 3 & 4 haven't been released yet. But, Avatar 3 & 4 might have similar plot to that of the previous parts. As Avatar 5 is at the end of the series, it might have a different story than the others. Also Wikipedia says that, “Avatar 5 will take place on Earth, with Neytiri visiting the planet.”

Last edited by -TwentyFour- (June 16, 2023 14:16:09)

DifferentDance8
Scratcher
1000+ posts

-TwentyFour- wrote:

Which upcoming space movie are you excited for?
I don't really watch movies on my own accord anymore. I only watch them if I've been forced into it (or if I get yummy snacks from it )

Mod's Protogen Maker v2 released. I will update it when I will update it
AndrewB1501
Scratcher
500+ posts

I've heard of a space game called Universe Sandbox in the game you can: Create and destroy on an unimaginable scale with a realistic physics-based space simulator. Explore the beauty of our universe and the fragility of our planet. Use science to bend the laws of gravity, collide planets, boil away oceans, fire epic space lasers, and customize your universe. VR optional. It's fun.

This is my signature, I guess.
DifferentDance8
Scratcher
1000+ posts

AndrewB1501 wrote:

I've heard of a space game called Universe Sandbox in the game you can: Create and destroy on an unimaginable scale with a realistic physics-based space simulator. Explore the beauty of our universe and the fragility of our planet. Use science to bend the laws of gravity, collide planets, boil away oceans, fire epic space lasers, and customize your universe. VR optional. It's fun.
I used to play that. But as my parents moved away from pirating games to steam's Family Sharing functionality, that game is now forever unaccessible for me and I never bothered to ask my dad (but I will tomorrow)

-TwentyFour-
Scratcher
500+ posts

Bump
Sorry, facts this time…
-TwentyFour-
Scratcher
500+ posts

Bump
What is the best space research book you have ever read?
-TwentyFour-
Scratcher
500+ posts

-TwentyFour- wrote:

Bump
What is the best space research book you have ever read?
-TwentyFour-
Scratcher
500+ posts

-TwentyFour-
Scratcher
500+ posts

Bump

Bard, an experimental AI by Google wrote:

The number of stars in the universe is a very difficult number to estimate. This is because we can only see a small part of the universe, and we don't know how many galaxies are out there that we can't see. However, scientists have made some estimates based on the number of galaxies that we can see, and the number of stars that we know are in those galaxies.

One estimate puts the number of stars in the universe at 100 sextillion. That's a 1 followed by 21 zeros! To put that in perspective, there are about 7.5 sextillion grains of sand on all the beaches on Earth. So, there are about 13 times more stars in the universe than there are grains of sand on Earth.

Another estimate puts the number of stars in the universe at 700 sextillion. That's a 1 followed by 24 zeros! This estimate is based on the assumption that the universe is much larger than we can see, and that there are many more galaxies out there that we can't see.

So, which estimate is correct? We don't know for sure. But either way, the number of stars in the universe is mind-bogglingly large. It's hard to even imagine how many stars there are out there.

Here are some other interesting facts about the number of stars in the universe:
  • If you were to count one star per second, it would take you 22 million years to count all the stars in the observable universe.
  • If you were to line up all the stars in the observable universe, they would stretch for 100 trillion light-years.
  • The number of stars in the universe is so large that it is impossible to count them all.
The vastness of the universe is truly awe-inspiring. It's hard to imagine how many stars there are out there, and how many mysteries the universe still holds.

Last edited by -TwentyFour- (June 25, 2023 10:08:54)

-TwentyFour-
Scratcher
500+ posts

-TwentyFour- wrote:

Bump

The number of stars in the universe is a very difficult number to estimate. This is because we can only see a small part of the universe, and we don't know how many galaxies are out there that we can't see. However, scientists have made some estimates based on the number of galaxies that we can see, and the number of stars that we know are in those galaxies.

One estimate puts the number of stars in the universe at 100 sextillion. That's a 1 followed by 21 zeros! To put that in perspective, there are about 7.5 sextillion grains of sand on all the beaches on Earth. So, there are about 13 times more stars in the universe than there are grains of sand on Earth.

Another estimate puts the number of stars in the universe at 700 sextillion. That's a 1 followed by 24 zeros! This estimate is based on the assumption that the universe is much larger than we can see, and that there are many more galaxies out there that we can't see.

So, which estimate is correct? We don't know for sure. But either way, the number of stars in the universe is mind-bogglingly large. It's hard to even imagine how many stars there are out there.

Here are some other interesting facts about the number of stars in the universe:
  • If you were to count one star per second, it would take you 22 million years to count all the stars in the observable universe.
  • If you were to line up all the stars in the observable universe, they would stretch for 100 trillion light-years.
  • The number of stars in the universe is so large that it is impossible to count them all.
The vastness of the universe is truly awe-inspiring. It's hard to imagine how many stars there are out there, and how many mysteries the universe still holds.
-TwentyFour-
Scratcher
500+ posts

-TwentyFour- wrote:

-TwentyFour- wrote:

Bump

Someone discuss about this…
-TwentyFour-
Scratcher
500+ posts

-TwentyFour- wrote:

-TwentyFour- wrote:

-TwentyFour- wrote:

Bump

Someone discuss about this…
Why this topic died??
-TwentyFour-
Scratcher
500+ posts

Buuummmmpppppp
DifferentDance8
Scratcher
1000+ posts

-TwentyFour- wrote:

Why this topic died??
Because there's not really any new space movies coming out (at the very least, not any of those equivalent in terms of hype to Spider-Man Across The Spiderverse)

Last edited by DifferentDance8 (July 6, 2023 00:47:45)

-Telekore-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

We can also talk about other space media, like spacey music…

Help me look for a cartoon I watched when I was younger!
Help me work on an upcoming iceberg!
She/they, autistic, cis female, I am bi, CD-R and DVD-R enthusiast.
< i have chronic llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwlllantysiliogogogoch // Check out my drone project! // I am coleslawphobic.
Threads I created: Experimental Music, Obscure Cartoons, Puns and Jokes, Software Gore/Tech Fails, Unicode, Synthesizers, Obsolete and Peculiar Media Formats
Don't eat glue, kids. <- this part of my sig appeared in a dream so I wanted to put it here

FYI: “alot” and “aswell” aren't real words. Every spellchecker I've used puts a red squiggle under those “words”.
-Telekore-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Prime space music
Miss you, Schnitz, miss you…

Help me look for a cartoon I watched when I was younger!
Help me work on an upcoming iceberg!
She/they, autistic, cis female, I am bi, CD-R and DVD-R enthusiast.
< i have chronic llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwlllantysiliogogogoch // Check out my drone project! // I am coleslawphobic.
Threads I created: Experimental Music, Obscure Cartoons, Puns and Jokes, Software Gore/Tech Fails, Unicode, Synthesizers, Obsolete and Peculiar Media Formats
Don't eat glue, kids. <- this part of my sig appeared in a dream so I wanted to put it here

FYI: “alot” and “aswell” aren't real words. Every spellchecker I've used puts a red squiggle under those “words”.
-TwentyFour-
Scratcher
500+ posts

-Telekore- wrote:

We can also talk about other space media, like spacey music…
Yes, we could even talk about books, facts etc. This forum is not only for movies.