Discuss Scratch

-TwentyFour-
Scratcher
500+ posts

Books, movies and everything else about SPACE

Bump
EDIT: kotp for bump

Last edited by -TwentyFour- (June 4, 2023 03:23:55)

-TwentyFour-
Scratcher
500+ posts

Bump
BTW, from now onwards, I'm gonna keep a random fact for each bump.
Fact of the bump:
Life may have came from Mars, says Dr. Brandon Crater, some sceintist from Paris, France. (I didn't understand the laboratory name because it was written in some Frenchy language.) It may be such the early Earth was not able to make life. Rocks were able to escape Mars due to its low gravity than Earth. These rocks (later meteorites) were transport system for bacteria which may have lived on Mars. (SOURCE: Stephen & Lucy Hawking's Unlocking the Universe.)
-TwentyFour-
Scratcher
500+ posts

-TwentyFour- wrote:

Bump
Fact of the bump:
Life may have came from Mars, says Dr. Brandon Crater, some sceintist from Paris, France. (I didn't understand the laboratory name because it was written in some Frenchy language.) It may be such the early Earth was not able to make life. Rocks were able to escape Mars due to its low gravity than Earth. These rocks (later meteorites) were transport system for bacteria which may have lived on Mars. (SOURCE: Stephen & Lucy Hawking's Unlocking the Universe.)
ZanterZlox
Scratcher
1000+ posts

-TwentyFour- wrote:

Bump
Fact of the bump:
Good idea. That'll create more activity since most people who have posted facts here seem to have run out of facts.

Anyways, about the fact, I thought the Earth was the only planet that was at the perfect distance from the sun to support life. How did the bacteria come from Mars? Was Mars different back then? Was the Sun different? How would bacteria survive a meteor landing? Btw I may be interested, but I don't actually know much about space, so if the answers to these questions are obvious, then I apologize.

I took signature quite literally

-TwentyFour-
Scratcher
500+ posts

ZanterZlox wrote:

-TwentyFour- wrote:

Bump
Fact of the bump:
Good idea. That'll create more activity since most people who have posted facts here seem to have run out of facts.

Anyways, about the fact, I thought the Earth was the only planet that was at the perfect distance from the sun to support life. How did the bacteria come from Mars? Was Mars different back then? Was the Sun different? How would bacteria survive a meteor landing? Btw I may be interested, but I don't actually know much about space, so if the answers to these questions are obvious, then I apologize.
No need to apologize, because you have came across the questions which scientists are trying to answer.
Also, Mars is also in the habitable zone of sun. (See the top part of conservative habitable zone.)

(Image from Wikipedia.)
Also, in the book (Unlocking the Universe) it says that an analysis of meteorite which came from Mars did show structures resembling fossil microbes.

Last edited by -TwentyFour- (June 6, 2023 05:53:27)

ZanterZlox
Scratcher
1000+ posts

-TwentyFour- wrote:

ZanterZlox wrote:

-TwentyFour- wrote:

Life may have came from Mars, says Dr. Brandon Crater, some sceintist from Paris, France. It may be such the early Earth was not able to make life. Rocks were able to escape Mars due to its low gravity than Earth. These rocks (later meteorites) were transport system for bacteria which may have lived on Mars.
I thought the Earth was the only planet that was at the perfect distance from the sun to support life. How did the bacteria come from Mars? Was Mars different back then? Was the Sun different? How would bacteria survive a meteor landing?
You have came across the questions which scientists are trying to answer.
Also, Mars is also in the habitable zone of sun.
-snip-
(Image from Wikipedia.)
Also, in the book (Unlocking the Universe) it says that an analysis of meteorite which came from Mars did show structures resembling fossil microbes.
I just thought of another question. All living organisms need oxygen for respiration. So, does Mars have oxygen?
According to uncle Google, it does, and it's about 0.13% of the air of Mars, which is apparently 1% of earth's atmosphere. If this is true, then is that air enough to support the life of bacteria? Apparently bacteria multiply super quick, so, will Mars be able to support the life of so many bacteria.

(Uncle Google says yes.)

Last edited by ZanterZlox (June 6, 2023 06:20:34)

-TwentyFour-
Scratcher
500+ posts

ZanterZlox wrote:

-TwentyFour- wrote:

ZanterZlox wrote:

-TwentyFour- wrote:

Life may have came from Mars, says Dr. Brandon Crater, some sceintist from Paris, France. It may be such the early Earth was not able to make life. Rocks were able to escape Mars due to its low gravity than Earth. These rocks (later meteorites) were transport system for bacteria which may have lived on Mars.
I thought the Earth was the only planet that was at the perfect distance from the sun to support life. How did the bacteria come from Mars? Was Mars different back then? Was the Sun different? How would bacteria survive a meteor landing?
-snip-
(Image from Wikipedia.)
I just thought of another question. All living organisms need oxygen for respiration. So, does Mars have oxygen?
According to uncle Google, it does, and it's about 0.13% of the air of Mars, which is apparently 1% of earth's atmosphere. If this is true, then is that air enough to support the life of bacteria? Apparently bacteria multiply super quick, so, will Mars be able to support the life of so many bacteria.

(Uncle Google says yes.)
That's why people are assuming like that. But the ultimate question is, how did the bacteria able to survive meteorite landing? Sceintists successfully answered almost all the questions, except this.
(BTW, search with uncle Google “meteorite” and wait for sometime.)

Last edited by -TwentyFour- (June 6, 2023 13:35:37)

-Telekore-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

This album sure sounds spacey.
I mean, it's literally tagged with SPACE Ambient

Help me look for a cartoon I watched when I was younger!
Help me work on an upcoming iceberg!
She/they, autistic, cis female, I am bi, CD-R and DVD-R enthusiast.
< i have chronic llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwlllantysiliogogogoch // Check out my drone project! // I am coleslawphobic.
Threads I created: Experimental Music, Obscure Cartoons, Puns and Jokes, Software Gore/Tech Fails, Unicode, Synthesizers, Obsolete and Peculiar Media Formats
Don't eat glue, kids. <- this part of my sig appeared in a dream so I wanted to put it here

FYI: “alot” and “aswell” aren't real words. Every spellchecker I've used puts a red squiggle under those “words”.
ZanterZlox
Scratcher
1000+ posts

-TwentyFour- wrote:

ZanterZlox wrote:

-TwentyFour- wrote:

ZanterZlox wrote:

-TwentyFour- wrote:

-snip-
(Image from Wikipedia.)

(Uncle Google says yes.)
That's why people are assuming like that. But the ultimate question is, how did the bacteria able to survive meteorite landing? Sceintists successfully answered almost all the questions, except this.
Okay that's a cool Easter egg. Never knew about it.
But anyways, I guess my older questions are the ones that are not answered yet.

-TwentyFour-
Scratcher
500+ posts

ZanterZlox wrote:

-TwentyFour- wrote:

ZanterZlox wrote:

-TwentyFour- wrote:

ZanterZlox wrote:

-TwentyFour- wrote:

-snip-
(Image from Wikipedia.)

(Uncle Google says yes.)
Okay that's a cool Easter egg. Never knew about it.
But anyways, I guess my older questions are the ones that are not answered yet.
No, all have been answered except the one I've said.
  • How did bacteria come from Mars?
    Rocks on Mars escaped from gravitational field of Mars because it's very less massive compared to Earth. They landed on Earth. These rocks were transported the bacteria.
  • Was Mars different back then?
    Maybe it was different, supportable for life. Also we've seen few pictures showing the evidence of flowing water.
  • Was Sun different?
    Maybe not. Sun will change it's appearance, volume, etc when it will be a red giant. The orbit of planets was not fixed until a few million years the Solar system. Maybe Mars orbit is a near to sun back then and slowly moved away.

Last edited by -TwentyFour- (June 7, 2023 06:10:17)

-TwentyFour-
Scratcher
500+ posts

-Telekore- wrote:

This album sure sounds spacey.
I mean, it's literally tagged with SPACE Ambient
I just checked it out, I'll listen to it later.
The topic reached 1000 views!

Last edited by -TwentyFour- (June 8, 2023 02:01:59)

DifferentDance8
Scratcher
1000+ posts

does Experience Gravity by amanda fit here

Mod's Protogen Maker v2 released. I will update it when I will update it
-TwentyFour-
Scratcher
500+ posts

DifferentDance8 wrote:

does Experience Gravity by amanda fit here
Googled it, the answer is yes.
-TwentyFour-
Scratcher
500+ posts

Bump
FOTB:
Matter (atoms, molecules etc.) is only 5% of total universe. Yes, it is! Then what's other 95%? It is dark matter (27%) and dark energy (68%). These doesn't contain the subatomic particles (electrons, protons, neutrons, photons, etc.) that matter contains. Sceintists are trying to know what particles these contain.
-TwentyFour-
Scratcher
500+ posts

-TwentyFour- wrote:

Bump
FOTB:
Matter (atoms, molecules etc.) is only 5% of total universe. Yes, it is! Then what's other 95%? It is dark matter (27%) and dark energy (68%). These doesn't contain the subatomic particles (electrons, protons, neutrons, photons, etc.) that matter contains. Sceintists are trying to know what particles these contain.
-TwentyFour-
Scratcher
500+ posts

-TwentyFour- wrote:

Bump
FOTB:
Why no one are discussing about this?
JTanner2026
Scratcher
1000+ posts

-TwentyFour- wrote:

-TwentyFour- wrote:

Bump
FOTB:
because we knew that already

(highlight then shift + down for bio)

haiii! i'm tanner/monika :3
bi femboy
he/her
in a lot of game fandoms
i draw and sing
i am a bit silly :3
-TwentyFour-
Scratcher
500+ posts

JTanner2026 wrote:

-TwentyFour- wrote:

-TwentyFour- wrote:

Bump
FOTB:
because we knew that already
What?? Do you know the properties of dark matter and dark energy? Do you know what type of particles dark matter contain?
EDIT: If you know, you might have came from an alien civilization which has already decoded it (as you are referring to “we”). You might also have IQ more than that of Einstein. You really need a noble prize tho.

Last edited by -TwentyFour- (June 11, 2023 04:05:11)

-TwentyFour-
Scratcher
500+ posts

I was 0 years old when I found:
Light redshifts or decreases it's frequency or loses energy while traveling in the expanding universe. (Google search “redshift of light” for more information.)
But am I only the one to realise that this lost energy may not really lost but gets converted into dark energy?
-TwentyFour-
Scratcher
500+ posts

-TwentyFour- wrote:

I was 0 years old when I found:
Light redshifts or decreases it's frequency or loses energy while traveling in the expanding universe. (Google search “redshift of light” for more information.)
But am I only the one to realise that this lost energy may not really lost but gets converted into dark energy?

We've successfully reached 100 posts!!!

Last edited by -TwentyFour- (June 12, 2023 13:47:40)