Discuss Scratch

JPgamersmines150
Scratcher
38 posts

Changing Width and Height Separately

Bump, also support, this would be extremely useful for not only animations but games too, say, making the character squash and stretch when falling.

Check out my profile!
What I really want to add to scratch:
Physics extension
More flexibility with custom blocks
A ‘Hide Remix button’ toggle
A way to make code more private
Fav blocks:
Custom block::custom
when green flag clicked
([sin v] of ())
Crispydogs101
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Support. Would be good in skits since the hacked one broke.

Hey! Look at this DTA!
Hej! My username is @Crispydogs101. I like listening to music, playing games, and more!
Sarah and duck, Pete the cat, Pegboard nerds, Tokyo machine, FORZA FAN!! Be High contrast Blue Be rich
cookieclickerer33
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Crispydogs101 wrote:

The hacked one never worked because it was never implemented in a public version of scratch, it only exits as a leftover from after it was removed from that build and then stayed in the files until release, most of its code was overwritten with some code for other blocks

⠀ ⠀ I beat Mario 64 yay! ⠀⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ I love you ivy & may :3
⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀ ⠀GEOMETRY DASH

Heathercat123
Scratcher
43 posts

cookieclickerer33 wrote:

The hacked one never worked

*Sad hacked block noises* You could get it by “hacking” a scratch 1.4 project, then opening it in scratch 1.4 (opening it scratch 2.0 will do an undefinded block i think and in scratch 3.0, it will simply not load).

Edit: By “simply not load”, i mean the block, not the project.

Last edited by Heathercat123 (Jan. 18, 2023 20:33:34)

MEOW!
Im a cat and i meow…
And i love windows xp.

NOT hacked by kaj and never will, because kaj isnt a hacker.
Crispydogs101
Scratcher
1000+ posts

cookieclickerer33 wrote:

Crispydogs101 wrote:

The hacked one never worked because it was never implemented in a public version of scratch, it only exits as a leftover from after it was removed from that build and then stayed in the files until release, most of its code was overwritten with some code for other blocks
oh.

Hey! Look at this DTA!
Hej! My username is @Crispydogs101. I like listening to music, playing games, and more!
Sarah and duck, Pete the cat, Pegboard nerds, Tokyo machine, FORZA FAN!! Be High contrast Blue Be rich
Mr_Monotonic
Scratcher
27 posts

bump

generic signature
BlueDragonKai
Scratcher
22 posts

bump
54387a
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Bump! Also support so I can mess around with this feature and add intresting graphics to my projects.

Last edited by 54387a (Jan. 30, 2023 02:45:29)

Everything below the grey line right above is my signature. By the way, my signature isn't related to my post in case you didn't know.
Welcome to the world of @54387a!™
Try out my projects.
To donate an internet, go here.
Go here to check if your suggestion is rejected. To check if your topic is a duplicate, use ocular. Remember, don't post on irrelevant topics otherwise that's necroposting. By the way, if you feel like your project/studio was wrongfully taken down, tell the Scratch Team through Contact Us.
Whenever you see something that looks clearly offensive and/or something not Scratch-appropriate, report it.
Purple specimen

Creating Content since October 2022
1,000th post

Za-Chary wrote:

silly me
(Source)
scratchatonninja
New to Scratch
3 posts

Bump. This would save me from so much coding and work around for something that should be straight forward.
54387a
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Bump!

Everything below the grey line right above is my signature. By the way, my signature isn't related to my post in case you didn't know.
Try out my projects.
Go here to check if your suggestion is rejected. To check if your topic is a duplicate, use ocular. Remember, don't post on irrelevant topics otherwise that's necroposting. By the way, if you feel like your project/studio was wrongfully taken down, tell the Scratch Team through Contact Us.
Whenever you see something that looks clearly offensive and/or something not Scratch-appropriate, report it.
Purple specimen

1,000th post

Za-Chary wrote:

silly me
(Source)
HenWiii
Scratcher
9 posts

__ __ __ __ ___ _____
/ \ | | | \ | \ / \ | \ | |
\__ | | |__/ |__/ | | |___/ | |
\ \ / | | | | | \ | |
\__/ \__/ | | \__ / | \ | .

This could completely revolutionize racing games, making them far easier to make!
2ndCeocali
Scratcher
100+ posts

Yes support.

Scratch errors wrote:

Sorry, you have to wait 60 seconds between posts.

define kill kumquats
repeat until <kumquats are gone :: sensing>
locate kumquat :: sensing
if <kumquat found? :: sensing> then
kill kumquat :: grey
end
end
This is 2ndCeocali! The user that you should make popular!
medians
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Bringin this up.

Medians bamboozled by 3.0 (version 3.0): https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/979822351/
hi875230163394: You're similar to valve in that you both hate a certain number…
Scratch 0.x, 1.x, 2.x, 3.x and LogoBlocks Archives
Bamboozlement: https://scratch.mit.edu/studios/33739789
Years on internet: 15 (soon 16)
medians: Oh god not this utc - 12 thing again..
Fun_Cupcake_i81: What, were you expecting not to see the utc - 12 thing again? THE UTC - 12 THIGN ALWAYS RETURNS. ALWAYS.
medians: I knew it would happen. I was the one who started it last year.
Fun_Cupcake_i81: Well then if you didn't want it back maybe you need to time travel to last year and fix that

Oh wait if you could time travel I think we all know exactly when you would go-
user1: That picture is from 2.0. Now he’s at my house and is my pet.
user2: But this is medians we're talking about, so “from 2.0” can mean the same thing as “from five seconds ago”.

Detect Scratch version here
My other accounts: @selfexplanatory @modesties @chaircard @fireflyhero @dividendyield @colloids @radians @skeuamorphism @dihectogon @anglebisector @aau- @EditBlockColors @AdamantOrb @MoongeistBeam @festively @Ampharos_ @straightforwardness
i trolled redcat LOL

if you see this
{what method did you use::control hat
answer on profile ::motion
} ::operators
;
medians
Scratcher
1000+ posts

medians wrote:

Bringin this up.

Medians bamboozled by 3.0 (version 3.0): https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/979822351/
hi875230163394: You're similar to valve in that you both hate a certain number…
Scratch 0.x, 1.x, 2.x, 3.x and LogoBlocks Archives
Bamboozlement: https://scratch.mit.edu/studios/33739789
Years on internet: 15 (soon 16)
medians: Oh god not this utc - 12 thing again..
Fun_Cupcake_i81: What, were you expecting not to see the utc - 12 thing again? THE UTC - 12 THIGN ALWAYS RETURNS. ALWAYS.
medians: I knew it would happen. I was the one who started it last year.
Fun_Cupcake_i81: Well then if you didn't want it back maybe you need to time travel to last year and fix that

Oh wait if you could time travel I think we all know exactly when you would go-
user1: That picture is from 2.0. Now he’s at my house and is my pet.
user2: But this is medians we're talking about, so “from 2.0” can mean the same thing as “from five seconds ago”.

Detect Scratch version here
My other accounts: @selfexplanatory @modesties @chaircard @fireflyhero @dividendyield @colloids @radians @skeuamorphism @dihectogon @anglebisector @aau- @EditBlockColors @AdamantOrb @MoongeistBeam @festively @Ampharos_ @straightforwardness
i trolled redcat LOL

if you see this
{what method did you use::control hat
answer on profile ::motion
} ::operators
;
54387a
Scratcher
1000+ posts

2ndCeocali wrote:

Yes support.

Scratch errors wrote:

Sorry, you have to wait 60 seconds between posts.
Please be constructive by telling why you support. By the way, I've already said support.

Try out my projects.
Purple specimen

1,000th post

Za-Chary wrote:

silly me
(Source)
-gr
Scratcher
1000+ posts

so many opportunities!
bump

-gr: forumer | scratcher | professional exister

1900+ forum posts / 5+ years on Scratch

me on postpercent [broken] / me on github / me on scratch
highlight this text and shift+down arrow to see the rest of my signature

Terms of Use wrote:

4.4 You may only submit user-generated projects that were created with (1) the Scratch website editor or (2) an unmodified copy of the Scratch editor compiled from the source code described in Section 5.3. You may not upload any projects that were created, by you or by anyone else, with a modified version of the Scratch editor.
oh shoot well i broke that rule (i use turbowarp sometimes)
Crispydogs101
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Support! This can be used a lot when it comes to memes and making other kinds of stuff! Even ai agrees!

ai wrote:

The Changing Width and Height Separately suggestion is a great idea for Scratch users because it gives them more creative freedom to design their projects. Instead of being limited to a fixed screen size, users can now change the size of their screen to fit the design of their projects. This can be particularly useful for users who are creating more complex projects, such as larger game levels or animated shorts. By being able to customize the screen size, users can create visually stunning and engaging projects that stand out from the rest.
Of course, there are some other things like a rubber band like thing or something else.
And dang it I already said support oops.

Last edited by Crispydogs101 (May 17, 2023 18:37:48)

Hey! Look at this DTA!
davidtheplatform
Scratcher
500+ posts

Bump
Also this has been open for 8.5 years and hasn't had an official response for most of that time, and nobody has brought up major concerns (as far as I am aware)

Generation 4: the first time you see this copy and paste it on top of your sig in the scratch forums and increase generation by 1. Social experiment.
The_Game_
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Yes. I could see this being used to make animations a bit bouncier in games and stuff.

Neco-Arc is my spirit animal
I have hazel eyes which at first is cool then you realise they're hell to draw.
“There's a spider in the server room again…”
Happy Pride!

Skill Issue Caught Live

Also no this picture isn't editted I just use an extension so I can view the website without being flashbanged.

[img]https://u.cubeupload.com/The_Game_/NymphConfused.png[/img] 
 [img]https://u.cubeupload.com/The_Game_/NymphHappy.png[/img] 
 [img]https://u.cubeupload.com/The_Game_/Character.png[/img] 

;
Redgeography27
Scratcher
27 posts

i support

define cuteness
set [starting animal v] to [turtol]
forever
change [cuteness v] effect by (25)
feed turtol ::#009e1a
wait (1) days ::control
when green flag clicked
forever
cuteness :: custom
if <evil kumquats near? ::sensing> then
go to x:(farthest [x v] from[evil kumquat v]::sensing) y:(farthest [y v] from[evil kumquat v]::sensing)

epic
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/894182246/
pls visit here i worked hard

https://scratch.mit.edu/studios/33632447
wittle turtol

hello

congrats! youve reached the end of my siggy!

jk

turtle

i also like snap

when gf clicked
forever
for each (item) in (list ({all at once{
}::control}@addInput::ring {}) ({scroll right ()::motion}@addInput::ring {}) ({scroll up ()::motion}@addInput::ring {}) ({x scroll ::motion reporter}@addInput::ring {}) ({y scroll ::motion reporter}@addInput::ring {}) ({align scene [bottom left v] ::motion}@addInput::ring {}) ({set stretch to () % ::looks}@addInput::ring {}) ({change stretch by () ::looks}@addInput::ring {}) ({hide all sprites ::looks}@addInput::ring {}) ({user id::sensing reporter}@addInput::ring {})::list){
say (list (list [a block that should be added to scratch is ] (item)@delInput@addInput::list)@delInput@addInput::list) for (1) secs
}::list