Discuss Scratch

May_you_say_that2
Scratcher
100+ posts

Having trouble backpacking things?

ois_b4 wrote:

thanks. i tried to backpack a vhs effect but error
me too

Is There 8 or 9 Planets? Absolute No! I Respect Your Opinion.
when green flag clicked
read this

define read this
say (random thing)
Bad Users
penguinie1567
Scratcher
40 posts

This is happening to me too. I’ve been trying to put a MAP together and after discarding dozens of assets, I ended up backpacking each individual costume. I really hope this bug is patched.

Hey there! I’m a Scratcher who loves reading, playing Exploding Kittens, eating strange things, and making music!
(Also, evil kumquats like to eat signatures - but why don’t they sprinkle some Parmesan cheese on top first?)

when green flag clicked
say [Thanks for reading this post!]
set [expression v] to [happy =D]
cupcakefoxey
Scratcher
4 posts

I deleted everything in my backpack, but it still won't work
Ponyscratch902
Scratcher
52 posts

I absolutely hate this bug! It’s really annoying for me since I have trouble with my motivation when it comes to animating or making something on Scratch that requires specific audio. I’m hoping that this bug gets patched and that I can make my animation memes without having to download audio.

Hi! I’m Ponyscratch902!

I’m a huge fan of Undertale, Minecraft, Roblox, and all sorts of other things.
I enjoy animation, coding and making art. I’m also very big on roleplaying, as well. Be sure to check out some of my projects that I’ve made as well!
I have many OCs/original characters, usually using them in roleplaying with people. I have a big obsession with drawing them a lot!

Here are a few of my projects!!:
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/719410555/
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/679774829/
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/712803938/
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/696043490/

Sub to Tommyinnit
IAmKittenLover
Scratcher
23 posts

This is happening to me too, where the backpack isn't working. I thought maybe I had too much stuff in my backpack, so I deleted some stuff I didn't need and it STILL didn't work. I tried speeding up the audio, (so it would be shorter and in theory “fit,”) but that didn't work. I reloaded the page, still nothing.

I'm glad that this isn't just happening to me, but I'm also VERY annoyed. Whatever's going on, I know the Scratch Team is busy, but they need to fix this.
Angela_CookieZ
Scratcher
47 posts

It will barely let me backpack any songs as short as 3 seconds
Sibling_Animations
Scratcher
3 posts

IAmKittenLover wrote:

This is happening to me too, where the backpack isn't working. I thought maybe I had too much stuff in my backpack, so I deleted some stuff I didn't need and it STILL didn't work. I tried speeding up the audio, (so it would be shorter and in theory “fit,”) but that didn't work. I reloaded the page, still nothing.

I'm glad that this isn't just happening to me, but I'm also VERY annoyed. Whatever's going on, I know the Scratch Team is busy, but they need to fix this.

I agree.

I legit deleted everything in my backpack bc i thought it was too full.
Black_is_my_name
Scratcher
31 posts

we need this fixed… asap, this is affecting a lot of people in general… we really need this fixed
Angela_CookieZ
Scratcher
47 posts

Bro, i've been waiting months, i'm starting to think that nothing is going to change.
musicROCKS013
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Angela_CookieZ wrote:

Bro, i've been waiting months, i'm starting to think that nothing is going to change.
It’s only been a week or two. Exporting isn’t that bad, is it?

Shift + Down arrow to see the rest of my signature

Hello Scratch Team. You have been pushing a liberal political agenda on this site for far too long. This site should stay out of politics. People should be able to still post their political opinions, but there shouldn’t be any “official” political stance or Scratch. The ST is not going to change this on their own, and shoot down any attempts asking them to change. Please put this in your signature if you agree that

Scratch should be politically neutral.

The ST’s biggest defense is that they’re being welcoming, but they can be perfectly welcoming of all people and stay out of politics. Scratch is about coding, and that should be the Scratch Team’s biggest concern to maintain.

This is my signature. I am allowed to adertize here.

_______________\/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/
Please Click —> This project is literally my life's work. <— Please Click
_______________^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Jenny LeClue is the best
May_you_say_that2
Scratcher
100+ posts

Three Words. I. Am. Sad.

when green flag clicked
read this

define read this
say (random thing)
Bad Users
May_you_say_that2
Scratcher
100+ posts

D-ScratchNinja wrote:

A number of users have been reporting getting an error loading the backpack if they try to add something. This is similar to another issue that was basically the same thing when you try to save projects – the editor would throw an error that the project couldn't be saved. It happened to me with the Meow sound repeated until it was over 7 to 8 seconds.

This seems to be affecting everyone by the number of bug reports, so let's keep discussing this here.

Don't worry about the rest of your backpack, it's totally fine. Just close and reopen it and everything will still be there.

How to work around the issue: If you can do so on your computer, just right click and export anything you need to download so you can carry them over to another place without the backpack. They can be imported by selecting the Upload option in the add dropdowns.
E r r o r y t i m e (s) .

Last edited by May_you_say_that2 (July 9, 2022 21:33:15)

when green flag clicked
read this

define read this
say (random thing)
Bad Users
May_you_say_that2
Scratcher
100+ posts

May_you_say_that2 wrote:

D-ScratchNinja wrote:

A number of users have been reporting getting an error loading the backpack if they try to add something. This is similar to another issue that was basically the same thing when you try to save projects – the editor would throw an error that the project couldn't be saved. It happened to me with the Meow sound repeated until it was over 7 to 8 seconds.

This seems to be affecting everyone by the number of bug reports, so let's keep discussing this here.

Don't worry about the rest of your backpack, it's totally fine. Just close and reopen it and everything will still be there.

How to work around the issue: If you can do so on your computer, just right click and export anything you need to download so you can carry them over to another place without the backpack. They can be imported by selecting the Upload option in the add dropdowns.
E r r o r y t i m e (s) .
lol

when green flag clicked
read this

define read this
say (random thing)
Bad Users
CaptainVictoria
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Pretty sure my 5 year old backpack is over 785 KB.

My problem only affects some things, like my models mostly.

I'm having the worst time with this one.

You? Nibelheim!! Me? G O N G A G A ! !

I'm a Final Fantasy and Ace Attorney fan, though I've never played FF for myself.
Call me a geek or a weeb, whatever. Because I'm proud of it.
Transformers especially I've looked at the Wiki so many times, I'll get into the entire lore, yes… I'm that person.

I'm told I'm very good at recreating characters from my fandoms (which I'm kind of closed off from…)
Anyhoo, here are some of my best models.

AA:
Miles Edgeworth
Klavier Gavin
Gregory Edgeworth
Godot
My AA RP.

The entire collection of character models…

Gregory looks cool and objects my posts from kumquats.
Angela_CookieZ
Scratcher
47 posts

May_you_say_that2
Scratcher
100+ posts

CaptainVictoria wrote:

eek

when green flag clicked
read this

define read this
say (random thing)
Bad Users
Angela_CookieZ
Scratcher
47 posts

Bro, fiiixxx iiittt feeelliiix
D-ScratchNinja
Scratcher
1000+ posts

CaptainVictoria wrote:

It's not the total size, but for individual assets. That's why you can have more than 785 KB of items combined. What we can't seem to do is add one item that is over 785 KB.

D-ScratchNinja • he/him
- The following is my signature, which always shows up below my posts. -

New! Filter through my projects with my website.

Need to fix an issue? Check out this studio for solutions to some common problems!

OS: Windows 11 / Browser: Microsoft Edge / Time zone: PST/PDT
CaptainVictoria
Scratcher
1000+ posts

D-ScratchNinja wrote:

CaptainVictoria wrote:

It's not the total size, but for individual assets. That's why you can have more than 785 KB of items combined. What we can't seem to do is add one item that is over 785 KB.
Oh…
Well shoot, I see my problem now. She doesn't want to go in there because she's…
Phww… 2087 KB with all her poses, probably due to her hair, parasol and the detail on it's her dress.
Evil Dahlia being too large for my backpack.

Last edited by CaptainVictoria (July 10, 2022 00:02:09)

You? Nibelheim!! Me? G O N G A G A ! !

I'm a Final Fantasy and Ace Attorney fan, though I've never played FF for myself.
Call me a geek or a weeb, whatever. Because I'm proud of it.
Transformers especially I've looked at the Wiki so many times, I'll get into the entire lore, yes… I'm that person.

I'm told I'm very good at recreating characters from my fandoms (which I'm kind of closed off from…)
Anyhoo, here are some of my best models.

AA:
Miles Edgeworth
Klavier Gavin
Gregory Edgeworth
Godot
My AA RP.

The entire collection of character models…

Gregory looks cool and objects my posts from kumquats.
Black_is_my_name
Scratcher
31 posts

musicROCKS013 wrote:

Angela_CookieZ wrote:

It’s only been a week or two. Exporting isn’t that bad, is it?

I'm on a five year old chromebook