Discuss Scratch

musicROCKS013
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Having trouble backpacking things?

To OP: Does clearing the backpack actually make things better? I feel like a lot of scratchers think it does, but in past experience I’ve read that it didn’t help, so is this just a misconception then?

Shift + Down arrow to see the rest of my signature

Hello Scratch Team. You have been pushing a liberal political agenda on this site for far too long. This site should stay out of politics. People should be able to still post their political opinions, but there shouldn’t be any “official” political stance or Scratch. The ST is not going to change this on their own, and shoot down any attempts asking them to change. Please put this in your signature if you agree that

Scratch should be politically neutral.

The ST’s biggest defense is that they’re being welcoming, but they can be perfectly welcoming of all people and stay out of politics. Scratch is about coding, and that should be the Scratch Team’s biggest concern to maintain.

This is my signature. I am allowed to adertize here.

_______________\/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/
Please Click —> This project is literally my life's work. <— Please Click
_______________^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Jenny LeClue is the best
firefloss22
Scratcher
8 posts

musicROCKS013 wrote:

Angela_CookieZ wrote:

I know it's not that hard! Because ive been waiting a dang week for it to be fixed!
I don't really see how it taking longer means it is easy to fix. It actually proves one of the two: either it isn't on their priority list, or it is a hard problem to fix and is taking the ST a long time to fix in between moderating the site. There is no way to prove it is an easy fix, because chances are you don't even know what the issue is. Of course it is “server issues” but that is a very broad term, and could vary from an issue in the code in those servers to an error in the actual hardware of the servers.[

musicROCKS013 wrote:

Angela_CookieZ wrote:

I know it's not that hard! Because ive been waiting a dang week for it to be fixed!
I don't really see how it taking longer means it is easy to fix. It actually proves one of the two: either it isn't on their priority list, or it is a hard problem to fix and is taking the ST a long time to fix in between moderating the site. There is no way to prove it is an easy fix, because chances are you don't even know what the issue is. Of course it is “server issues” but that is a very broad term, and could vary from an issue in the code in those servers to an error in the actual hardware of the servers.

DUDE, WHY DOES SCRATCH HAVE THESE SORT OF THINGS IN THEIR OWN WEBSITE. DO THEY HAVE A MENTAL THERAPY OR WHAT .·´¯`(>▂<)´¯`·.
musicROCKS013
Scratcher
1000+ posts

firefloss22 wrote:

DUDE, WHY DOES SCRATCH HAVE THESE SORT OF THINGS IN THEIR OWN WEBSITE. DO THEY HAVE A MENTAL THERAPY OR WHAT .·´¯`(>▂<)´¯`·.
Every software more complicated than pong has to have some glitch, right?

Hello Scratch Team. You have been pushing a liberal political agenda on this site for far too long. This site should stay out of politics. People should be able to still post their political opinions, but there shouldn’t be any “official” political stance or Scratch. The ST is not going to change this on their own, and shoot down any attempts asking them to change. Please put this in your signature if you agree that

The ST’s biggest defense is that they’re being welcoming, but they can be perfectly welcoming of all people and stay out of politics. Scratch is about coding, and that should be the Scratch Team’s biggest concern to maintain.

Jenny LeClue is the best
RadiusGames46
Scratcher
100+ posts

ThunderPerth_Rises wrote:

Basically, I tried exporting my character list, and that broke, that’s why I was forced to move accounts.

…you weren't forced to move accounts. that's just being stupid. you're not doomed.
RadiusGames46
Scratcher
100+ posts

D-ScratchNinja wrote:

A number of users have been reporting getting an error loading the backpack if they try to add something. This is similar to another issue that was basically the same thing when you try to save projects – the editor would throw an error that the project couldn't be saved. It happened to me with the Meow sound repeated until it was over 7 to 8 seconds.

This seems to be affecting everyone by the number of bug reports, so let's keep discussing this here.

Don't worry about the rest of your backpack, it's totally fine. Just close and reopen it and everything will still be there.

If you can do so on your computer, just right click and export anything you need to download so you can carry them over to another place without the backpack.
O-
..i never thought about that.

Exporting sprites is a thing nobody really uses anymore. There's not really a point to use it, most of the time.
gamesprimescratch
Scratcher
100+ posts

plz fix i might need to use the big arms song from sonic 3

“Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.”
‭‭Philippians‬ ‭4:8‬ ‭NIV‬‬
https://philippians.bible/philippians-4-8

my favorite Mario game
gamesprimescratch
Scratcher
100+ posts

MUSICROCKS013 wrote:

Every software more complicated than pong has to have some glitch, right?
pong is nice >:]

Last edited by gamesprimescratch (July 5, 2022 00:14:38)

“Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.”

my favorite Mario game
gamesprimescratch
Scratcher
100+ posts

musicROCKS013 wrote:

To OP: Does clearing the backpack actually make things better? I feel like a lot of scratchers think it does, but in past experience I’ve read that it didn’t help, so is this just a misconception then?
probably not lol

my favorite Mario game
Advait07
Scratcher
2 posts

Yeah, I cant get the sound I want
YoshiGirl153
Scratcher
100+ posts

yomyto wrote:

Hi, I'm trying to backpack a song, but it wouldn't load and it only showed “error loading backpack”.

I tried everything, including clearing my backpack, but nothing seems to work at all. How can I fix this so I can get my backpack back?

Just a question, did you read the original post? It is an issue happening to lots of people, and there is no current way to fix your backpack other than exporting and importing the music to your project.

This is my signature! Don't get mad at me or anyone else for advertising here.
If I don't respond to a post right away, I'm probably in school at the moment or busy with something else.

Hello there fellow forumer, I am Yoshe/YoshePop! (she/her)
I enjoy making animations, coding, and playing rhythm games!
I have many games, animations, and more on my profile, including a bunch of misc projects if you wanna check those out!
I have an object show in the making, and are currently working on episode 2.1! (Should be out soon, lol)
Check out my profile if this sounds cool!
Black_is_my_name
Scratcher
31 posts

D-ScratchNinja wrote:

A number of users have been reporting getting an error loading the backpack if they try to add something. This is similar to another issue that was basically the same thing when you try to save projects – the editor would throw an error that the project couldn't be saved. It happened to me with the Meow sound repeated until it was over 7 to 8 seconds.

This seems to be affecting everyone by the number of bug reports, so let's keep discussing this here.

Don't worry about the rest of your backpack, it's totally fine. Just close and reopen it and everything will still be there.

If you can do so on your computer, just right click and export anything you need to download so you can carry them over to another place without the backpack.

I literally can't save (anything) new in my backpack, period

EDIT: I don't wanna sound too whiny, but this has been happening all day, and i can't fix it, what's going on? (note: I'm on a Chromebook)

Last edited by Black_is_my_name (July 7, 2022 02:43:24)

TosNoom
Scratcher
46 posts

Angela_CookieZ wrote:

Yeah but what about people that don't have a PC.
I change Devices a lot, because I like playing Roblox when I have the chance, so I'm usually on Mac or Chromebook. I don't use mobile. I'm using Mac right now, so that might be the problem. I'll try and do it when I have my PC.

DONT YOU DARE LOOK HERE
pikansanok
Scratcher
15 posts

I was also a victim. I mean, scratch team needs to fix this now.

…….k now what?
TobyDogO
Scratcher
100+ posts

D-ScratchNinja wrote:

Same
ScratchExpert_6056
Scratcher
10 posts

Maybe you could try backpacking again? *shrugs*

Hi! I am @ScratchExpert_6056, a Scratcher in Scratch for more than 11 months. :)
Stop bullying! https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/679784364/
say [Have a good day!]
Angela_CookieZ
Scratcher
47 posts

Bro, fix my backpack already. It's been over a week.
JmpBlast
Scratcher
44 posts

D-ScratchNinja wrote:

I Had The Same Issue But I Removed Things From My Backpack And Now It Works. It Could Also Be Your Wifi/Internet
PaintedRealms9374
Scratcher
8 posts

But I'm not using a school computer over the summer, and this substitute computer's files are like a labyrinth.

(If that didn't appear as a quote, then I'm sorry.)

Last edited by PaintedRealms9374 (July 7, 2022 17:56:20)

musicROCKS013
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Angela_CookieZ wrote:

Bro, fix my backpack already. It's been over a week.
The ST has a lot to worry about right now.

• Moderating the site
  • Fixing trending (it has been frozen for like 30+ days)
  • Saving issues
  • Backpack issues
  • Question marks in projects

Jenny LeClue is the best
Black_is_my_name
Scratcher
31 posts

Okay, ST, we in the SOSC kind of need Backpacks… a lot. Without them, we literally can't update assets or save… anything. Not to rush but… we kinda need help… badly, same with saving, why did these errors happen in the first place?