Scratcher
1 post

Having trouble backpacking things?

I Have The Same Error
gidgetpoodle
Scratcher
59 posts

Sometimes I try to backpack music sounds or sprites I backpacked once before but can't backpack again, sometimes I copy that project and put what I need in it, but sometimes me and others make collab series and something I want to put in can't be backpacked and I know you might say “don't remix then” but then it gets to complicated
when green flag clicked
forever
play sound [song that I can't backpack :( ] until done
end
cofoes
Scratcher
44 posts

Angela_CookieZ wrote:

I'm having trouble backpacking a song! And it wouldn't work!
I’ve had trouble with that, too. Here’s the fix I used:
It kept saying that it wouldn’t load, so I backpacked it and immediately closed my backpack. Then I reopened it and it was there. I hope this helps.

moved to _WOFDOG_
HardComet177081
Scratcher
11 posts

I guess the fact that for some reason you can’t backpack code on mobile would come under this category? (It’s probably already been reported)

I don’t know what to put here, check out my projects if you want to, I really don’t care.
NathanGamesInc
Scratcher
60 posts

define tips 
forever if <I get it,>
broadcast [fix some bugs in scratch v]
if this sprite clicked
move (change [ gets it] by (1)) steps
if (the Scratch team gets it) then
SAY GOODBYE BUGS
end

Last edited by NathanGamesInc (July 23, 2023 13:04:40)

Ronaldexl
Scratcher
14 posts

I've seen this bug in a different way. But I can't seem to solve the problem, everyday I try to keep things in my backpack but it won't open I guess.

Ronaldexl

Hobbies: Movies, Candy, Baseball

Hi, you can call me Ronald! I found out about scratch over 4 years ago, and now I'm on scratch helping, favoriting, and make project for every single person to see! Participating in Scratch events, the SDS Themes, and even featured studios. Right now I'm trying to make other people happy. Also maybe I will start helping people daily!

Also a Scratch Contributor lol
mochicreator234
Scratcher
41 posts

…?

Hello I am mochi and I am now in the Numberblocks community 2.0 If you have anything to request. pls check out my profile. Please don't report anything. Thank you.
when green flag clicked
say [Hi Im mochi] for (2) secs
set [Comments v] to [Number of comments I made]
say [PLEASE DON'T REPORT OK!?!?!?!?!? THANK YOU] for (69696969696969696969696969696969696969) secs
Natrusso
Scratcher
8 posts

anything I do It still says: Error loading backpack
when green flag clicked
say ["#$%^&*()#@!]

Last edited by Natrusso (Aug. 25, 2023 18:35:01)

DMC986CC
Scratcher
17 posts

FIX THE PROBLEM!!!!
DMC986CC
Scratcher
17 posts

EITHER FIX THE GLITCH NOW OR I’LL QUIT!!! THE SCRATCH TEAM IS COMPLACENT!!!!
stickman751
Scratcher
2 posts

i can get in my backpack
DMC986CC
Scratcher
17 posts

HURRY IT UP!!!!
DMC986CC
Scratcher
17 posts

NO ONE APPRECIATES THE WORK I DO!!! THE BACKPACK IS NEEDING TO BE FIXED!! SO EVERY SCRATCHER LEAVE ME ALONE!!!!
thatcoolguy20209
Scratcher
42 posts

If everyone is wondering why the backpack isn’t working today, it’s because the Scratch Team and fixing bugs. They warned that this would happened, and that this would stop on 27th August.

Please be patient!
DMC986CC
Scratcher
17 posts

_genji__ wrote:

DMC986CC wrote:

NO ONE APPRECIATES THE WORK I DO!!! THE BACKPACK IS NEEDING TO BE FIXED!! SO EVERY SCRATCHER LEAVE ME ALONE!!!!
jesus christ. its a backpack tool. it will be fixed. this has happened before so it will be fixed Again,
(Eye twitching)
SplinterGames
Scratcher
31 posts

3rd time it won’t work
DMC986CC
Scratcher
17 posts

This takes so long. The Scratch Team doesn’t care about us.
DMC986CC
Scratcher
17 posts

_genji__ wrote:

thatcoolguy20209 wrote:

If everyone is wondering why the backpack isn’t working today, it’s because the Scratch Team and fixing bugs. They warned that this would happened, and that this would stop on 27th August.

Please be patient!
thank you
(Raging scream)
DMC986CC
Scratcher
17 posts

IT’LL TAKE FOREVER!!! KNOW WHAT? I’M FINISHED LISTENING TO THIS CRUDHOLE PLANTATION OF COMPLACENCY THAT I HAVE TO PUT UP WITH!!!! THE SCRATCH TEAM FAILED ME!!!!

Last edited by DMC986CC (Aug. 25, 2023 19:46:12)

Qereal
Scratcher
4 posts

D-ScratchNinja wrote:

A number of users have been reporting getting an error loading the backpack if they try to add something. This is the backpack equivalent to another issue that was basically the same thing when you try to save projects – the editor would throw an error that the project couldn't be saved.

The backpack error happened to me with the Meow sound repeated until it was over 8 seconds.

This seems to be affecting everyone by the number of bug reports, so let's keep discussing this here.

This isn't a combined space limit or caused by what's already in your backpack, either. It's all in the stuff you're trying to add to it.

Don't worry about the rest of your backpack, it's totally fine. Just close and reopen it and everything will still be there.

What's going on back there? Last time I tested this, anything over about 785 KB would cause these errors:
- Access to XMLHttpRequest at 'https://backpack.scratch.mit.edu/D-ScratchNinja' from origin
'https://scratch.mit.edu' has been blocked by CORS policy: No 'Access-Control-Allow-Origin' header
is present on the requested resource.
- Failed to load resource: net::ERR_FAILED
- Uncaught (in promise) Error
at Object.callback (projects.bundle.js:168:3846726)
at o (projects.bundle.js:91:140255)
at XMLHttpRequest.a (projects.bundle.js:91:140727)
at XMLHttpRequest.n (projects.bundle.js:56:16052)
You can check the console in your browser's developer tools if you want to find out what the error is now.

Oh no, that messed up my plan! What do I do? If you can do so on your computer, just right click and export anything you need to download so you can carry them over to another place without the backpack. They can be imported by selecting the Upload option in the add dropdowns. If you don't have the ability to download files, you can also speed up the audio to shorten it, backpack that, and after inserted in another project, slow it down again, which will work but degrade the audio quality.

When will this be fixed? It seems to be a recurring issue and, by now, it may result in a different error than the one shown above. I have no idea what the cause is. It's just another weird issue - any server can experience issues.

I just opened the project without adding and backpack is showing error, what to do?

when green flag clicked
say [I'm new to scratch, call me Qereal]