Discuss Scratch

MaterArc
Scratcher
500+ posts

Scratch Tutorials — share your knowledge or learn something new with Scratchers worldwide

BUMP

Roles: Head Aviate Admin, Forumer, SDS Helper, Scratch Wikian, and Community Helper, SCC 2022.
Achievements: 7x trending, 18x Scratch Studio Curator, 9x SDS Helper, 7x Curated, etc

Joshisaurio
Scratcher
100+ posts

Scratch Tutorials — share your knowledge or learn something new with Scratchers worldwide

Just a question about the guidelines, for example if I want to post something about connecting Python with Scratch I can right?

Banner by @NFlex23

Banner by @NFlex23

kccuber
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Joshisaurio wrote:

Just a question about the guidelines, for example if I want to post something about connecting Python with Scratch I can right?
Yeah, that's allowed as it related to Scratch. Someone even made a scratchclient tutorial on the Scratch Wiki.

Made using Nord Theme & Inkscape
scratchusername40
Scratcher
1000+ posts

can I be a moderator?

MaterArc
Scratcher
500+ posts

scratchusername40 wrote:

can I be a moderator?

Hi, it is cool that you want to be a moderator, I suggest going on the owner's profile and asking there as they are more active over there.

Roles: Head Aviate Admin, Forumer, SDS Helper, Scratch Wikian, and Community Helper, SCC 2022.
Achievements: 7x trending, 18x Scratch Studio Curator, 9x SDS Helper, 7x Curated, etc

Adzboy
Scratcher
1000+ posts

scratchusername40 wrote:

can I be a moderator?
I don't believe moderators are currently being added. You can be put on the waitlist by commenting on NFlex23's profile

skymover1239
Scratcher
500+ posts

This is cool. I do have a suggestion though, can there be a way to preview your posts?

John 3:16 wrote:

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life
First time a moderator got ninjaed??
500 Posts
Current Mainline projects
AquaCSS - A CSS framework.
Ink - An editor that does, lots of things.
CST1229
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Question: What's with this completely random shape on the homepage??

This is a signature. It's a piece of text that appears below every post I write. Click here to learn more, including how to make your own.
RIP assets image hosting. 2013?-2023

PoIygon
Scratcher
1000+ posts

CST1229 wrote:

To fill up empty space I guess

NFlex23
Scratcher
1000+ posts

PoIygon wrote:

CST1229 wrote:

To fill up empty space I guess
Pretty much. I know, it does look pretty weird. Any suggestions for other images?

Help improve the Advanced Topics (Really!)
Before you create a topic:
Always search for duplicates or other similar topics before making an umbrella topic, e.g., “The Mac Topic”.
  • Is it about something you are planning on making but haven't made yet? If so, please wait to post until you have created a working prototype. This is a key factor to keeping the ATs as clean as possible.
  • The ATs aren't technical support. It is perfectly valid to ask questions about things related to programming, but not issues with external websites, apps, or devices. Most sites have their own support system; try asking there!
  • Is it related to something you are making in Scratch? (This includes OSes and other Scratch projects) If so, please post in Collaboration, Show and Tell, or another similar forum.
  • Is your topic questionably “advanced”? Try browsing the other forums to see if your topic fits better in one of those.
  • Issues with Scratch itself should be put in Bugs and Glitches.
Before you post: Is what you're posting likely to start an argument or derail the thread (e.g., browsers, operating systems)? If so, please re-think your post!

NFlex23
Scratcher
1000+ posts

skymover1239 wrote:

This is cool. I do have a suggestion though, can there be a way to preview your posts?
There's a preview right under the editor:

Always search for duplicates or other similar topics before making an umbrella topic, e.g., “The Mac Topic”.
  • Is it about something you are planning on making but haven't made yet? If so, please wait to post until you have created a working prototype. This is a key factor to keeping the ATs as clean as possible.
  • The ATs aren't technical support. It is perfectly valid to ask questions about things related to programming, but not issues with external websites, apps, or devices. Most sites have their own support system; try asking there!
  • Is it related to something you are making in Scratch? (This includes OSes and other Scratch projects) If so, please post in Collaboration, Show and Tell, or another similar forum.
  • Is your topic questionably “advanced”? Try browsing the other forums to see if your topic fits better in one of those.
Before you post: Is what you're posting likely to start an argument or derail the thread (e.g., browsers, operating systems)? If so, please re-think your post!

skymover1239
Scratcher
500+ posts

NFlex23 wrote:

skymover1239 wrote:

There's a preview right under the editor:
Oh! Okay, thanks.

John 3:16 wrote:

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life
First time a moderator got ninjaed??
500 Posts
Current Mainline projects
AquaCSS - A CSS framework.
Ink - An editor that does, lots of things.
ZZC12345
Scratcher
500+ posts

Does Scratch Tutorials have scratchblocks support?

This is my signature. Go check out my GitHub if you want to!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Make sure to check out these cool projects, written in real code! (outdated, sorry)
Aviate - Itinerary - Scratch Auth - Orange OS Linux Distro - ocular - Leopard - PyHelp - My GitHub
NFlex23
Scratcher
1000+ posts

ZZC12345 wrote:

Does Scratch Tutorials have scratchblocks support?
Not yet unfortunately. I was having a hard time integrating the library with markdown and React.

NFlex23
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Bump.

ZZC12345
Scratcher
500+ posts

Bump/bug report

Using the browser's back button does not send users back to the right page on paginated pages

Why does it matter?
Accessibility, etc.,etc., you probably know by now.

Description
Pressing the browser's back button on a tutorial always brings you to the first page.

Steps to reproduce
1. Go to the explore tutorials page.
2. Go to the second page of tutorials by clicking the “2” or the “>”
3. Click “view” on any tutorial and you will be navigated to its page.
4. Click your browser's back button or use Alt+Left Arrow
5. You are sent to the first page of tutorials instead of the second.

Possible solution
Add a ?page=2 query parameter and implementation so pressing back goes back to the correct page.

This is my signature. Go check out my GitHub if you want to!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Make sure to check out these cool projects, written in real code! (outdated, sorry)
Aviate - Itinerary - Scratch Auth - Orange OS Linux Distro - ocular - Leopard - PyHelp - My GitHub
DifferentDance8
Scratcher
1000+ posts

ZZC12345 wrote:

Bump/bug report

Using the browser's back button does not send users back to the right page on paginated pages

Why does it matter?

Description
Pressing the browser's back button on a tutorial always brings you to the first page.

Steps to reproduce

Possible solution
Add a ?page=2 query parameter and implementation so pressing back goes back to the correct page.
I feel like I can implement this with some work. Is it on github somewhere?

R.I.P Zydrolic, 2023-2024
NFlex23
Scratcher
1000+ posts

ZZC12345 wrote:

Bump/bug report

Why does it matter?

Description

Steps to reproduce

Possible solution
This isn't really a bug. The pagination is a component in the page, so pressing the back button will instead go back to the last page you've been too, like the homepage. I know it's different than how Scratch does it, but a lot of sites do it this way too.

I do understand that it's annoying, so I'll see if I can work it out.

Last edited by NFlex23 (Sept. 10, 2022 13:16:39)

DifferentDance8
Scratcher
1000+ posts

NFlex23 wrote:

ZZC12345 wrote:

Bump/bug report

Why does it matter?

Description

Steps to reproduce

Possible solution
This isn't really a bug. The pagination is a component in the page, so pressing the back button will instead go back to the last page you've been too, like the homepage. I know it's different than how Scratch does it, but a lot of sites do it this way too.
Accessibilty reasons?

R.I.P Zydrolic, 2023-2024
NFlex23
Scratcher
1000+ posts

DifferentDance8 wrote:

NFlex23 wrote:

ZZC12345 wrote:

Bump/bug report

Why does it matter?

Description

Steps to reproduce

Possible solution
Accessibilty reasons?
I'm working on a solution right now.