Discuss Scratch

MagicCrayon9342
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch Tutorials — share your knowledge or learn something new with Scratchers worldwide

A feature I do find rather important, is the ability to paste an image and have it work just like that. Similar to how a specific browser extension does it.

MagicCrayon9342
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Scratch Tutorials — share your knowledge or learn something new with Scratchers worldwide

Made my first tutorial:
here

So now I can write a proper review of the software so far.

Things I would like to see
- Easy pasting of images

Other than that, amazing software! I hope to write more tutorials in the future.

Lockstart
Scratcher
64 posts

NFlex23 wrote:

it takes me back to the home page without any styling
Go to cloudflare.com and report this bug then

Btw, you said that tutorials don't work. Are you talking of this one or this?

Last edited by Lockstart (May 25, 2022 17:42:52)

NFlex23
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Lockstart wrote:

(#23)

NFlex23 wrote:

I don't use Cloudflare. Also, I clicked this one: https://tuto-scratch.pages.dev/tutorials/Cloud%20Variables

Help improve the Advanced Topics (Really!)
Before you create a topic:
Always search for duplicates or other similar topics before making an umbrella topic, e.g., “The Mac Topic”.
  • Is it about something you are planning on making but haven't made yet? If so, please wait to post until you have created a working prototype. This is a key factor to keeping the ATs as clean as possible.
  • The ATs aren't technical support. It is perfectly valid to ask questions about things related to programming, but not issues with external websites, apps, or devices. Most sites have their own support system; try asking there!
  • Is it related to something you are making in Scratch? (This includes OSes and other Scratch projects) If so, please post in Collaboration, Show and Tell, or another similar forum.
  • Is your topic questionably “advanced”? Try browsing the other forums to see if your topic fits better in one of those.
  • Issues with Scratch itself should be put in Bugs and Glitches.
Before you post: Is what you're posting likely to start an argument or derail the thread (e.g., browsers, operating systems)? If so, please re-think your post!

Looky1173
Scratcher
100+ posts

I absolutely adore the design of this site! You could also enable dark mode; I believe Mantine supports it out of the box.

NFlex23
Scratcher
1000+ posts

MagicCrayon9342 wrote:

(#22)
Made my first tutorial:
here

- Easy pasting of images

Other than that, amazing software! I hope to write more tutorials in the future.
Nice tutorial! I fixed the formatting for you; the lists were messing it up. As for image pasting, that would require a Scratch session cookie; something that Scratch Auth doesn't give me for safety and technical reasons.

Always search for duplicates or other similar topics before making an umbrella topic, e.g., “The Mac Topic”.
  • Is it about something you are planning on making but haven't made yet? If so, please wait to post until you have created a working prototype. This is a key factor to keeping the ATs as clean as possible.
  • The ATs aren't technical support. It is perfectly valid to ask questions about things related to programming, but not issues with external websites, apps, or devices. Most sites have their own support system; try asking there!
  • Is it related to something you are making in Scratch? (This includes OSes and other Scratch projects) If so, please post in Collaboration, Show and Tell, or another similar forum.
  • Is your topic questionably “advanced”? Try browsing the other forums to see if your topic fits better in one of those.
Before you post: Is what you're posting likely to start an argument or derail the thread (e.g., browsers, operating systems)? If so, please re-think your post!

Looky1173
Scratcher
100+ posts

Looky1173 wrote:

I absolutely adore the design of this site! You could also enable dark mode; I believe Mantine supports it out of the box.

NFlex23 wrote:

MagicCrayon9342 wrote:

(#22)
Made my first tutorial:
here

- Easy pasting of images

Nice tutorial! I fixed the formatting for you; the lists were messing it up. As for image pasting, that would require a Scratch session cookie; something that Scratch Auth doesn't give me for safety and technical reasons.
Wow, our posts are only five seconds apart!

Last edited by Looky1173 (May 25, 2022 18:41:01)

NFlex23
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Looky1173 wrote:

(#25)
Thank you! I'll look into dark mode and see what I can do.

Looky1173 wrote:

Wow, our posts are only five seconds apart!
Impressive!

Edit: wow, dark mode really is quite easy! I'll definitely try to get it working.

Last edited by NFlex23 (May 25, 2022 18:57:54)

Lockstart
Scratcher
64 posts

NFlex23 wrote:

Lockstart wrote:

(#23)

NFlex23 wrote:

I don't use Cloudflare. Also, I clicked this one: https://tuto-scratch.pages.dev/tutorials/Cloud%20Variables
Why do you, Americanos, have this pleasure to deny french creations?
I’m joking huh

Also forget what I said for the UI, but it’s still confusing, users wouldn't make directly the link between scratch and ✨ Your Website ✨ (hmm but I admit my website UI could make users hear that it belongs to Scratch Team)

Last edited by Lockstart (May 25, 2022 19:13:01)

NFlex23
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Dark mode is now live! It will automatically detect your default theme, but you can also change it yourself and it will be stored in localStorage.

MagicCrayon9342
Scratcher
1000+ posts

That layout and design of the site is amazing, can I take some of the design choices and use them in my new website?
No intent of stealing any work, credit will be provided.
If your curious as to how much of the design i'm taking inspiration from here it is:

Last edited by MagicCrayon9342 (May 25, 2022 19:46:07)

Looky1173
Scratcher
100+ posts

NFlex23 wrote:

Dark mode is now live! It will automatically detect your default theme, but you can also change it yourself and it will be stored in localStorage.
Great!

Lockstart
Scratcher
64 posts

NFlex23 wrote:

You totally ignored my message :0

Last edited by Lockstart (May 25, 2022 19:43:46)

Lockstart
Scratcher
64 posts

One suggestion to improve your website

The ability to put a cover for your tutorials. I also use this for my website. It would attract more people on the tutorials, and maybe this will make them wanting to come later…

Btw, I’m currently making a new tutorial: Drop Shadow Effects

Last edited by Lockstart (May 25, 2022 20:02:00)

NFlex23
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Lockstart wrote:

(#34)
One suggestion to improve your website

The ability to put a cover for your tutorials. I also use this for my website. It would attract more people on the tutorials, and maybe this will make them wanting to come later…

Btw, I’m currently making a new tutorial: Drop Shadow Effects
That's a good idea, but Supabase doesn't have a big image storage free plan, unfortunately. I have an idea that might improve the tutorial cards though…

NFlex23
Scratcher
1000+ posts

MagicCrayon9342 wrote:

(#31)
That layout and design of the site is amazing, can I take some of the design choices and use them in my new website?
No intent of stealing any work, credit will be provided.
If your curious as to how much of the design i'm taking inspiration from here it is:
Feel free to!

NFlex23
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Lockstart wrote:

Why do you, Americanos, have this pleasure to deny french creations?
What do you mean?

PoIygon
Scratcher
1000+ posts

You can use https://github.com/scratchblocks/scratchblocks for making scratchblocks using text

NFlex23
Scratcher
1000+ posts

PoIygon wrote:

(#38)
You can use https://github.com/scratchblocks/scratchblocks for making scratchblocks using text
I know; I was having trouble getting it to work with markdown and React.

Lockstart
Scratcher
64 posts

My awesome tutorial

Last edited by Lockstart (May 25, 2022 20:49:10)