Discuss Scratch

Electroboss
Scratcher
20 posts

gbc.sb2 - Emulation in Scratch

how do you import roms? The dropbox link isn't working.

I memorised this much of pi:
Why? Because why not?
EndOfFile
New Scratcher
13 posts

Hey, want to point out that another solution for the if-else problem is to simulate a dictionary array (e.g from python) with a key containing (x) assembly or hex instruction that the ROM has, and a Value containing a broadcast to call that would trigger said function. Higher performance because little iteration is involved.

Please reply if you want more info on this
bestplayer182
Scratcher
7 posts

How i load other game ?
novice27b
Scratcher
1000+ posts

EndOfFile wrote:

Hey, want to point out that another solution for the if-else problem is to simulate a dictionary array (e.g from python) with a key containing (x) assembly or hex instruction that the ROM has, and a Value containing a broadcast to call that would trigger said function. Higher performance because little iteration is involved.

I'd be interested to see some benchmarks of this - is broadcast really faster than a binary-tree-if-else?

i use arch btw
gtoal
Scratcher
1000+ posts

novice27b wrote:

EndOfFile wrote:

I'd be interested to see some benchmarks of this - is broadcast really faster than a binary-tree-if-else?
Because the dictionary lookup is done in system code rather than scratch blocks it may be faster even though doing more work; but I think the problem with that solution last time we looked at it was that each broadcast required one frame time to sync? My memory isn't 100% on that *and* the implementation may have changed with Scratch3. So worth a benchmark test I guess if someone can be bothered to write a large enough realistic test.
MoonWolf_Productions
Scratcher
1 post

How would you change the ROM used in the emulator?
Executec
Scratcher
100+ posts

When will DCPU-16 ever actually work on this again? How long has it been since he/she posted?
infinitytec
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Executec wrote:

When will DCPU-16 ever actually work on this again? How long has it been since he/she posted?
Probably not. It has been a few years.

Not here much, but sometimes I lurk.
God has a plan. He has a plan for everything, and everyone.
TerymOrt
New Scratcher
10 posts

MoonWolf_Productions wrote:

There is no way to. The dropbox link to the converter is dead.
oxiti8
Scratcher
1000+ posts

TerymOrt wrote:

MoonWolf_Productions wrote:

Bit of a necro but you can try tomeko.net's file to hex converter. (I believe gbc.sb2 uses hex)
S5134021
Scratcher
1 post

Does anyone have a Zelda remix?
GoodPiggies2
Scratcher
31 posts

how to convert roms

when green flag clicked
forever
play sound [ a1b2c025de0f0g15h15i9j4k/l/mPotato Mine,Cherry Bomb,Tallnut,Sunflower,Sun Shroom,Wallnut,Garlic,Torchwood,/nLilypad,Lilypad,Lilypad,Lilypad,Lilypad,Lilypad,Lilypad,Lilypad,Lilypad,Lilypad,Lilypad,Lilypad,Lilypad,Lilypad,Lilypad,Lilypad,Lilypad,Lilypad,Lilypad,Lilypad,Lilypad,Lilypad,Lilypad,Lilypad,Lilypad,Lilypad,Lilypad,Lilypad,Lilypad,Lilypad,Lilypad,Lilypad,Lilypad,Lilypad,Lilypad,Lilypad,Lilypad,Lilypad,Lilypad,Lilypad,Lilypad,Lilypad,Lilypad,Lilypad,Lilypad,/o15,1,bucket,,cone,1,normal,2,normal,3,normal,4,normal,5,15,1,bucket,,cone,1,cone,2,normal,3,normal,4,normal,5,15,1,bucket,,cone,1,cone,2,cone,3,normal,4,normal,5,15,1,bucket,,cone,1,cone,2,cone,3,cone,4,normal,5,15,1,brick,,cone,1,cone,2,cone,3,cone,4,cone,5,15,1,brick,,bucket,1,cone,2,cone,3,cone,4,cone,5,15,0,brick,,bucket,1,bucket,2,cone,3,cone,4,cone,5,15,1,brick,,bucket,1,bucket,2,bucket,3,cone,4,cone,5,15,1,brick,,bucket,1,bucket,2,bucket,3,bucket,4,cone,5,15,1,brick,,bucket,1,bucket,2,bucket,3,bucket,4,bucket,5,/p1 ] until done
end
Kris1307
Scratcher
8 posts

GoodPiggies2 wrote:

how to convert roms
Barthdry
Scratcher
500+ posts

oxiti8
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Kris1307 wrote:

GoodPiggies2 wrote:

how to convert roms
There is now. From the comment section of gbc.sb2:

RedSpikeAndCoinBoi wrote:

THERE Is A Way I Figured Out To Convert It… First Put Your Rom HERE… http://tomeko.net/online_tools/file_to_hex.php?lang=en Then Get The Hex Numbers And Put It HERE… http://tomeko.net/online_tools/hex_to_dec.php?lang=en There Should Be 1 value per line, And Nothing in Output variables Once It Converted The File, Put It Into A Txt File When It Should Work! Good Luck!

Basically, you need to convert the rom to hex (no newlines or 0x with commas), then convert that into decimal with one value per line. Paste the output into a plaintext file, and it should work! Please note that I haven't tested this myself, but this appears to be how the original, now missing converter did it.
spybaz
Scratcher
2 posts

This is a pretty old project, and it looks like the dropbox link doesn't work anymore, so does anyone know a way you can still add new roms?

“Ah, the desert. Omega, count how many sand is here.”
-Shadow
RokCoder
Scratcher
1000+ posts

AUTOMATIC FILE CONVERSION

As I had a working file convert for my Home Computer project, I've adapted it to work for this one.
  • Go to the RokCoder Scratch File Converter webpage
  • Drag your gb or gbc file into the drop-zone
  • The ROM will be automatically converted and downloaded, ready to be used in the project
  • Use the link to TurboWarp from that website to open the project in TurboWarp at 60fps, full screen and with the stuck parameter included so that it runs properly without freezing

Scratch dabbling for fun…

Barthdry
Scratcher
500+ posts

Can you guys say how you make things like this is it by importing lists
oxiti8
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Barthdry wrote:

Can you guys say how you make things like this is it by importing lists
Importing lists is one way to load a rom, but some emulators on scratch just ask you to paste a string converted to hex or something. It's up to the emulator developer to decide what method to use to get the rom data into scratch.
moocatmeow
Scratcher
17 posts

Jacob-Hall wrote:

I hate to kill the whole discussion, but for those who have absolutely no idea how to use this properly (such as me), there's always hitting this site.

https://cloudapps.herokuapp.com/emulator/

You can just download a rom and then load it on this site; either from your Google drive, or your computer. Even a simple URL works.

Sorry mate. You really did a good job. You really did. Nobody else was able to do this. I just lost hope finding out I couldn't figure out how to load Dr. Mario on here. Totally lame excuse for this. At least this site runs really fast, even for flash player (except on Chromebooks, because those things can't do anything right).
that would explain why I can't use this I'm on a Chromebook
My browser / operating system: ChromeOS 13904.66.0, Chrome 91.0.4472.114, No Flash version detected

Last edited by moocatmeow (July 1, 2021 19:53:29)

njwehafhuhauhshsfhusfhusif and meow[purr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!]