Discuss Scratch

ScratchcatandGobo
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Redirect to project ID *arg*

portalpower wrote:

thugatwoary wrote:

(#19)
I don't know why everyone is quick to say “This can be used to ruin remixing!!!!”
Yes, it can, you just report those projects. It's like saying we should remove the stop all block because it can be used to make remixes unplayable.
Except the stop all block doesn't redirect people to different pages and block see inside so only the original creator can find the script.

ScratchcatandGobo wrote:

(#18)
A smarter person like me would find it
Except for the fact that only the remixer can access the code since it's also blocked.
I don't know why everyone is quick to say “This can be used to ruin remixing!!!!”
Yes, it can, you just report those projects. It's like saying we should remove the stop all block because it can be used to make remixes unplayable.

This would be an interesting and fun feature, but how would it work in the offline editor? Would it download the destination project from the internet?
-by a person who thinks ur wrong

Yeah, but at least we've learned something today… that every moment of our life should be lived to the fullest because it can be very long or very short, my friend. - Gumball
I felt like I wanted to develop games on here, so I won't leave! (for now)
(last edited 2/8/24)

minikiwigeek2
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I support, this is a cool idea, and definitely one that needs to be in Scratch. 4.0 will probably never come out, though, so if it's added, expect it to come in 3.0.

contact me on external sites for a faster response.
(source for leftmost gif: thebrawlgirl)

imfh
Scratcher
1000+ posts

To prevent someone from doing:

when [timer v] > (0)
reset timer
redirect to project ID (1234567890):: #12b63d cap

A browser pop up should ask whether you actually want to go to the project. Most browsers (probably all which Scratch is targeted towards) have a feature where if a website shows too many popups like that, you can click a checkbox which prevents anymore from being shown.

However, relying on a browser feature like that isn't a great solution. So in addition, the block should stop all in the project and stop the when greater then blocks, similar to before the green flag and see in side are pressed. That way, trickery with the timer > block can't spam you with messages even after hitting stop.

Scratch to Pygame converter: https://scratch.mit.edu/discuss/topic/600562/
ScratchcatandGobo
Scratcher
1000+ posts

imfh wrote:

To prevent someone from doing:

when [timer v] > (0)
reset timer
redirect to project ID (1234567890):: #12b63d cap

A browser pop up should ask whether you actually want to go to the project. Most browsers (probably all which Scratch is targeted towards) have a feature where if a website shows too many popups like that, you can click a checkbox which prevents anymore from being shown.

However, relying on a browser feature like that isn't a great solution. So in addition, the block should stop all in the project and stop the when greater then blocks, similar to before the green flag and see in side are pressed. That way, trickery with the timer > block can't spam you with messages even after hitting stop.
good idea!

Yeah, but at least we've learned something today… that every moment of our life should be lived to the fullest because it can be very long or very short, my friend. - Gumball
I felt like I wanted to develop games on here, so I won't leave! (for now)
(last edited 2/8/24)

applejuiceproduc
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Support! This would be sooo useful.
when green flag clicked
repeat until <ST rejects>
Support!
end

Last edited by applejuiceproduc (May 18, 2022 19:36:39)

A signature
blablablahello
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I support this but I dont think there is anything to add currently so bumpidy bump bump

Highlight, Hold shift, Press down arrow to scroll down

HEHEHEHAW

Everytime someone says “I did a quick search”, I question wether they meant they did a quicksearch (The algorithm) or a quick search (Quickly searching)

鸡你
实在是太美哦贝贝
实在是太美
多一眼就会爆炸
近一点会被融化
干嘛
你干嘛哈哈诶有
oh yea哈哈
多一眼就会爆炸
近一点会~融~化~~~

我个人认为,这个意大利面就应该拌四十二号混凝土,因为这个螺丝钉的长度,很容易会直接影响到挖掘机的扭矩,你知道吧,你往里砸的时候,一瞬间,他就会产生大量的高能蛋白,俗称UFO,会严重影响经济的发展,甚至对整个太平洋以及充电器,都会造成一定的核污染,你知道吧,啊,再者说根据勾股定理,你可以很容易的推断出,人工饲养的东条鹰鸡,它是可以捕获野生的三角函数的,所以说这个这个这个,你不管秦始皇的切面是否具有放射性,特朗普的n次方,是否含有沉淀物,都不应影响这个这个沃尔玛跟维尔康在南极汇合,啊!

大家好,我是练习两年半的个人练习生蔡徐坤!我喜欢唱,跳,rap,还有打篮球

早上好中国我喜欢吃冰淇凌!

why are you down here why are you down here why are you down here

ScratchCat_50
Scratcher
100+ posts

I think this is a great idia you should add studio,profile, and discussion blocks too!

GO TO STUDIO ( ##)

Go to profile (##)

Go to discussion (##)
HGT_123
Scratcher
500+ posts

Project ID 1234
when green flag clicked
forever
redirect to [12345]
end
 Project ID 12345
when green flag clicked
forever
redirect to [1234]
end

- infinite redirect

Hi! I'm HGT123 But you can call me HGT
I am a coder and designer
I'm also Artsign…
An0therRand0mC0der
Scratcher
1000+ posts

HGT_123 wrote:

Project ID 1234
when green flag clicked
forever
redirect to [12345]
end
 Project ID 12345
when green flag clicked
forever
redirect to [1234]
end

- infinite redirect

imfh wrote:

No-Sider
Scratcher
100+ posts

ScratchcatandGobo wrote:

-by a person who thinks ur wrong

Please be more respectful in the forums, using someone elses quote and saying “your wrong” isnt the purpose of posting the the scratch suggestion forums. People will agree or disagree with you, and its up to YOU to accept their opinion. Not to mention you only want this to create an ARG doesnt provide great reasoning of WHY you want this specific feature. You have to prove why its more beneficial to have.

Last edited by No-Sider (Dec. 6, 2022 00:44:04)

This is a signature, very interesting yes yes
cookieclickerer33
Scratcher
1000+ posts

portalpower wrote:

thugatwoary wrote:

(#19)
Except the stop all block doesn't redirect people to different pages and block see inside so only the original creator can find the script.

ScratchcatandGobo wrote:

(#18)
A smarter person like me would find it
Except for the fact that only the remixer can access the code since it's also blocked.
Maybe if you’re remixing or seeing inside you can’t be redirected

⠀ ⠀ I beat Mario 64 yay! ⠀⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ I love you ivy & may :3
⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀ ⠀GEOMETRY DASH

cookieclickerer33
Scratcher
1000+ posts

If you are seeing inside or remixing you shouldn’t be able to be redirected, there would also be a delay when redirecting so that you could report the project or remix it

⠀ ⠀ I beat Mario 64 yay! ⠀⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ I love you ivy & may :3
⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀ ⠀GEOMETRY DASH