yooit_32 wrote:

AIGamesDeveloper wrote:

(#4831)

yooit_32 wrote:

AIGamesDeveloper wrote:

(#4828)

somebody wrote:

-snip a little-

Making them fullscreen? Hmm… is there a way to modify some of the code in two of the pen engines to make it bigger when something is pressed? If so, then we can try to see if that can be an option. If that isn't an option, then we will have to do it ourselves and try to develop a fullscreen button for the window.

The project i was mentioning can do this in pen.

alright then! All we need to do is fuse all of the three projects we will be using into one
We need all the scripts to cooperate with each other. how do we do that?

I don't know.

I was thinking we do experiments to see if we can merge all of them into one, and then call it “Pen Playhouse” or something like that. Of course, we will give credit but it will be our own open-source engine for OSes.

Weird thought though. I keep overthinking things.

Y'all do realize I haven't had time to actually work on my pen window engine right? Maybe I can begin to expand the TackSoft engine today.

Please do.
I am, it is more customizable and has coyote frames to improve draggability. If you're wondering about performance, one window on my laptop that performs worse than an intel PC from 2006 (I have the AMD CPU) and regularly takes longer than 10 seconds to load a wepage- one window runs lag-free. It also looks better with certain styles, such as rounded corners.

Okay.
So performance will be great for the windows then, right?
It should be good. When in doubt, use rounded corners, as that draws fewer lines.

Alright then! That's good since most of the Scratch community is on school computers and they are mostly Chromebooks and performance for Chromebooks… well, it's not bad but it's also not good
This laptop is defenitely slower than a chromebook, and it's running Windows 10, which doesn't help.

Should I add a “Filled Mode” at some point so we can also use it for the taskbar/sidebar/app dock, as well as other things?

Yeah sure. That would be fine. I was considering turning the app dock into pen since it won't go in front of anything except the stage and that's it.

AIGamesDeveloper in big 2024.
kkidslogin
Scratcher
1000+ posts

AspectOS™ - The Future Starts Here [SHUTTING DOWN AT 9 PM EST]

AIGamesDeveloper wrote:

kkidslogin wrote:

AIGamesDeveloper wrote:

kkidslogin wrote:

AIGamesDeveloper wrote:

kkidslogin wrote:

AIGamesDeveloper wrote:

kkidslogin wrote:

euphoriafall wrote:

everyone's talking about code and I most likely won't understand a thing of it

ah well, time to get back to making music I guess
Nice.

AIGamesDeveloper wrote:

yooit_32 wrote:

AIGamesDeveloper wrote:

(#4831)

yooit_32 wrote:

AIGamesDeveloper wrote:

(#4828)

somebody wrote:

-snip a little-

Making them fullscreen? Hmm… is there a way to modify some of the code in two of the pen engines to make it bigger when something is pressed? If so, then we can try to see if that can be an option. If that isn't an option, then we will have to do it ourselves and try to develop a fullscreen button for the window.

The project i was mentioning can do this in pen.

alright then! All we need to do is fuse all of the three projects we will be using into one
We need all the scripts to cooperate with each other. how do we do that?

I don't know.

I was thinking we do experiments to see if we can merge all of them into one, and then call it “Pen Playhouse” or something like that. Of course, we will give credit but it will be our own open-source engine for OSes.

Weird thought though. I keep overthinking things.

Y'all do realize I haven't had time to actually work on my pen window engine right? Maybe I can begin to expand the TackSoft engine today.

Please do.
I am, it is more customizable and has coyote frames to improve draggability. If you're wondering about performance, one window on my laptop that performs worse than an intel PC from 2006 (I have the AMD CPU) and regularly takes longer than 10 seconds to load a wepage- one window runs lag-free. It also looks better with certain styles, such as rounded corners.

Okay.
So performance will be great for the windows then, right?
It should be good. When in doubt, use rounded corners, as that draws fewer lines.

Alright then! That's good since most of the Scratch community is on school computers and they are mostly Chromebooks and performance for Chromebooks… well, it's not bad but it's also not good
This laptop is defenitely slower than a chromebook, and it's running Windows 10, which doesn't help.

Should I add a “Filled Mode” at some point so we can also use it for the taskbar/sidebar/app dock, as well as other things?

Yeah sure. That would be fine. I was considering turning the app dock into pen since it won't go in front of anything except the stage and that's it.
That's great! That'll probably be a 2.0 (Of the window engine, not AspectOS) feature though.

Forum Clout: 232,655. Alright, who ate my Kumquats? Finally foruming again. Support for reasons in OP and no support for all the other reasons.

Enjoy my music.

[small]non-member post, take whatever I say with a hint of salt and remember there's no authority behind it[/small]
kkidslogin
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Here is is. I have more to do but want to work on other stuff today. Here's a list of features that need to be done (In order of importance):
  1. Add design to be usable as a one-sprite window engine
  2. Add minimization and resizing (someday)
  3. Add filled mode
  4. Add the ability to hide the close button
  5. Clean up the close button

Also check out this turbowarp link to see how it looks with High Quality Pen

Let's see what this looks like

Forum Clout: 232,655. Alright, who ate my Kumquats? Finally foruming again. Support for reasons in OP and no support for all the other reasons.

Enjoy my music.

[small]non-member post, take whatever I say with a hint of salt and remember there's no authority behind it[/small]
AIGamesDeveloper
Scratcher
1000+ posts

kkidslogin wrote:

Here is is. I have more to do but want to work on other stuff today. Here's a list of features that need to be done (In order of importance):
  3. Add filled mode

This is actually really good! I like it! Of course, I cannot go on turbowarp since it is blocked but I can already imagine what is is like. This is good except for some problems. But I don't know if we can fix them. For example, when we move the window off-screen, the letters just jumble up together at the edge until you move the entire window back into our view. But honestly, clones do that as well. So it's fine!

HGT_123
Scratcher
500+ posts

Dream-123-123 wrote:

HGT_123 wrote:

Can you add me to the GitHub ai?
I’m @HGT-123
I know I’m not AI, but invited!
Thanks!

Hi! I'm HGT123 But you can call me HGT
I am a coder and designer
I'm also Artsign…
AIGamesDeveloper
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Alright, so I have an announcement to make.

So turns out that for one class, I need to go in person to school to do it. Two days a week for one hour.
So because of this, this might affect AspectOS a bit. But don't worry, nothing bad will happen to AspectOS… I hope.
This will be all year long as well. This is terrible… I'm anti-social

kkidslogin
Scratcher
1000+ posts

AIGamesDeveloper wrote:

kkidslogin wrote:

3. Add filled mode

This is actually really good! I like it! Of course, I cannot go on turbowarp since it is blocked but I can already imagine what is is like. This is good except for some problems. But I don't know if we can fix them. For example, when we move the window off-screen, the letters just jumble up together at the edge until you move the entire window back into our view. But honestly, clones do that as well. So it's fine!
I can fix that with bounding it to the edges of the screen- but then it wouldn't support multi-res out of the box. perhaps some edits to SFE are in order?

AIGamesDeveloper wrote:

So turns out that for one class, I need to go in person to school to do it. Two days a week for one hour.
So because of this, this might affect AspectOS a bit. But don't worry, nothing bad will happen to AspectOS… I hope.

You don't seem very anti-social when you're online.

I suppose that it's hard to feel like there's another person there sometimes when it's as anonymous as Scratch attempts to be.

Enjoy my music.

AIGamesDeveloper
Scratcher
1000+ posts

kkidslogin wrote:

AIGamesDeveloper wrote:

kkidslogin wrote:

3. Add filled mode

I can fix that with bounding it to the edges of the screen- but then it wouldn't support multi-res out of the box. perhaps some edits to SFE are in order?

AIGamesDeveloper wrote:

You don't seem very anti-social when you're online.

I suppose that it's hard to feel like there's another person there sometimes when it's as anonymous as Scratch attempts to be.

Quote one: it's fine if it does that for now. It doesn't really matter that much

Quote two: Yeah when it comes to interacting people in real life, it's difficult

GAMS2
Scratcher
1000+ posts

AIGamesDeveloper wrote:

DEAR GOD!!
POOR AI!

lol

My signature is too bug, select the text and use Shift + Down arrow to see more!

Have I stopped recording?

No?
Then how do I turn this off?
Press the red button?
Okay I am pr-

Latest project:I finally feel…. appreciated….

GAMS2 wrote:

If life throws something at you, try your best to dodge it, if it hits you and you fall…. get back up and keep moving forward. Don't give up, and make it through to the end. (MY OWN QUOTE!)

Do people still read these?

Nah, probably not.

I am now a furry. Drawings of my Fursona can be found here.
lol what have I done with my life? (Added on August 13th, 2020)
kkidslogin
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I have an idea for the goal of AspectOS: What we're trying to do is make the “best, most advanced” OS on Scratch. But I have a better idea. Rather than try and make it look stupendous, or try and add fancy features like 3D or a camera, we should try and make an OS that could be used as a “daily driver” for at least simple office work. Thus we would need these features:
  • Multitasking While this seems simple, many Scratch OSes lack the ability to have more than one window on-screen at a time, or even to run an app in the background. This would be important.
  • Filesystem In addition, we would need to implement a filesystem, so that data is easily stored. We would also have to be able to download it to a real disk for later use.
  • Apps This is simple, but the inbuilt apps need to be simple and functional. Think stuff along the lines of Notepad and File Explorer; simple, reliable apps that can be used for simple work but aren't the best for specialized stuff.
  • Programming We need a simple, fast programming language for user-made apps that has first-class access to system utilities.
  • (EDITED IN) Settings We also need to add settings to control graphic quality, resolution, background processes, etc, to remove lag on low-end systems while allowing for beautiful graphics on higher-end ones.
  • Special Features If all these needs are met, then we can start adding those special features. Transparency effects. Inbuilt 3D. A music app. A camera. Video games. Controller support. Multi-res support. All those goodies. But only after the previous goals are met. We need to make sure we aren't using too many assets, or causing lag with background processes and subroutines.

Last edited by kkidslogin (Aug. 21, 2022 00:04:32)

Enjoy my music.

abcde26
Scratcher
1000+ posts

kkidslogin wrote:

I have an idea for the goal of AspectOS: What we're trying to do is make the “best, most advanced” OS on Scratch. But I have a better idea. Rather than try and make it look stupendous, or try and add fancy features like 3D or a camera, we should try and make an OS that could be used as a “daily driver” for at least simple office work. Thus we would need these features:
  • Multitasking While this seems simple, many Scratch OSes lack the ability to have more than one window on-screen at a time, or even to run an app in the background. This would be important.
  • Filesystem In addition, we would need to implement a filesystem, so that data is easily stored. We would also have to be able to download it to a real disk for later use.
  • Apps This is simple, but the inbuilt apps need to be simple and functional. Think stuff along the lines of Notepad and File Explorer; simple, reliable apps that can be used for simple work but aren't the best for specialized stuff.
  • Programming We need a simple, fast programming language for user-made apps that has first-class access to system utilities.
  • (EDITED IN) Settings We also need to add settings to control graphic quality, resolution, background processes, etc, to remove lag on low-end systems while allowing for beautiful graphics on higher-end ones.
  • Special Features If all these needs are met, then we can start adding those special features. Transparency effects. Inbuilt 3D. A music app. A camera. Video games. Controller support. Multi-res support. All those goodies. But only after the previous goals are met. We need to make sure we aren't using too many assets, or causing lag with background processes and subroutines.
I'd like to add two in:

• Task Manager A bit wild, but all normal operating systems have it. We can put a ‘fake RAM, ROM, SSD space’. And we'll test each app by first checking how heavy they are (by making the apps their seperate project, converting the .sb3 into .json filess and then fitting them for the OS. We will then convert the size of the JSON files into one by one by dividing it by 4. then later dividing that by 4 and do that 2 more times. Then we add a comma after every digit, so then that's how much they are using.) A bit hard, but then it will be professional.

• Setup Assistant If we want a OS in our computer (a new one, not pre-installed by factory), we have to set it up first. If we directy start the project, it demands for the password. We want an assistant that can guide you. After we are done setting up, we can save the information in a cloud list. If it detects your username at the next green flag clicked, password screen shall come! The user can factory reinstall or refresh the computer whenever they want in the settings.

No signature currently stored in profile.

Uhh what? Wait how am I typing th-
AIGamesDeveloper
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I will answer the quotes tomorrow. I'm tired.

Also, delaying release of AspectOS v2.0 preview to tomorrow

kkidslogin
Scratcher
1000+ posts

abcde26 wrote:

kkidslogin wrote:

I'd like to add two in:

• Task Manager A bit wild, but all normal operating systems have it. We can put a ‘fake RAM, ROM, SSD space’. And we'll test each app by first checking how heavy they are (by making the apps their seperate project, converting the .sb3 into .json filess and then fitting them for the OS. We will then convert the size of the JSON files into one by one by dividing it by 4. then later dividing that by 4 and do that 2 more times. Then we add a comma after every digit, so then that's how much they are using.) A bit hard, but then it will be professional.

• Setup Assistant If we want a OS in our computer (a new one, not pre-installed by factory), we have to set it up first. If we directy start the project, it demands for the password. We want an assistant that can guide you. After we are done setting up, we can save the information in a cloud list. If it detects your username at the next green flag clicked, password screen shall come! The user can factory reinstall or refresh the computer whenever they want in the settings.
Those two go under “Apps”, so they shouldn't be so separate.

Enjoy my music.

Tigitaal
Scratcher
100+ posts

kkidslogin wrote:

Multitasking
This may be possible if all our applications use the pen extension.
AIGamesDeveloper
Scratcher
1000+ posts

kkidslogin wrote:

• Multitasking ~ Multitasking would be great since most OSes only use fullscreen windows while we will be using multiple windows at once.

• File System ~ I have reconsidered and I thought that this would be great for the OS to make it more realistic. But would this be difficult for us to create?

• Apps ~ Alright so are you suggesting having apps that are simple yet functional? Interesting… I guess we could go with this for apps for now. What apps are you suggesting we add?

• Programming ~ Alright so then we need to add that to the task list then.

• Settings ~ Will these replace the settings we have planned for AspectOS v2.0? Or will they just be added to the list?

• Special Features ~ Yeah I think it's best to work on the main things of the OS and then we add the big things

AIGamesDeveloper
Scratcher
1000+ posts

T-Minus 2 hours until the release of the unfinished, partially broken AspectOS!

abcde26
Scratcher
1000+ posts

AIGamesDeveloper wrote:

Houston, we have a problem.

THE VERSION OF ASPECTOS TO DEVS IS PARTIALLY BROKEN!

No signature currently stored in profile.

Uhh what? Wait how am I typing th-
GAMS2
Scratcher
1000+ posts

abcde26 wrote:

AIGamesDeveloper wrote:

Houston, we have a problem.

THE VERSION OF ASPECTOS TO DEVS IS PARTIALLY BROKEN!
Why do I hear boss music?

*AspectOS V2 releases, and the devs have to fix it*
WHY DO I HEAR BOSS MUSIC?!

My signature is too bug, select the text and use Shift + Down arrow to see more!

Have I stopped recording?

No?
Then how do I turn this off?
Press the red button?
Okay I am pr-

Latest project:I finally feel…. appreciated….

GAMS2 wrote:

If life throws something at you, try your best to dodge it, if it hits you and you fall…. get back up and keep moving forward. Don't give up, and make it through to the end. (MY OWN QUOTE!)

Do people still read these?

Nah, probably not.

I am now a furry. Drawings of my Fursona can be found here.
lol what have I done with my life? (Added on August 13th, 2020)
kkidslogin
Scratcher
1000+ posts

AIGamesDeveloper wrote:

kkidslogin wrote:

• Multitasking ~ Multitasking would be great since most OSes only use fullscreen windows while we will be using multiple windows at once.

• File System ~ I have reconsidered and I thought that this would be great for the OS to make it more realistic. But would this be difficult for us to create?

• Apps ~ Alright so are you suggesting having apps that are simple yet functional? Interesting… I guess we could go with this for apps for now. What apps are you suggesting we add?

• Programming ~ Alright so then we need to add that to the task list then.

• Settings ~ Will these replace the settings we have planned for AspectOS v2.0? Or will they just be added to the list?

• Special Features ~ Yeah I think it's best to work on the main things of the OS and then we add the big things
  • Multitasking ~ This is REALLY important

• File System ~ Not really, a list would work. The one thing is that a file would have to fit in one list item unless it's really big. So we'd need to compress or otherwise split the data. But that's not too difficult; I've done both before.

• Apps ~ Good ideas are: Task Manager (This should try and match the computer's performance for realism; perhaps performing a benchmark on system start to scale results), Notepad, File Explorer, Calculator, Settings, App Store, Paint (Simple), and any other simple apps you would find pre-installed on a Windows or Apple system.

• Programming ~ Yes

• Settings ~ They can go with, although silly settings that don't really matter for a Scratch OS should be removed, such as Wifi settings.

• Special Features ~ Same

Enjoy my music.

AIGamesDeveloper
Scratcher
1000+ posts

never mind, I won't do that

Last edited by AIGamesDeveloper (Aug. 21, 2022 17:50:51)