Discuss Scratch

CaptainVictoria
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Ace Attorney Custom (And Official) Sprites Topic

Also_lensdan1 wrote:

CaptainVictoria wrote:

I just made this mugshot for a certain custom character, and I'm fairly proud of it.

Jack Lawson, aged 15-20. He was an assistant to Gregory Edgeworth for a time before becoming old enough to get into law school.
He was murdered on campus while studying to become a defense attorney.
Wow, looks great! I like the glasses.
Thanks! They're much like my own I guess, considering the nose pads, he must have oily face issues too. Lol

You? Nibelheim!! Me? G O N G A G A ! !

I'm a Final Fantasy and Ace Attorney fan, though I've never played FF for myself.
Call me a geek or a weeb, whatever. Because I'm proud of it.
Transformers especially I've looked at the Wiki so many times, I'll get into the entire lore, yes… I'm that person.

I'm told I'm very good at recreating characters from my fandoms (which I'm kind of closed off from…)
Anyhoo, here are some of my best models.

AA:
Miles Edgeworth
Klavier Gavin
Gregory Edgeworth
Godot
My AA RP.

The entire collection of character models…

Gregory looks cool and objects my posts from kumquats.
CaptainVictoria
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I've been sitting on this so long and I haven't felt like animating it or giving it any poses can someone help?

I'm a Final Fantasy and Ace Attorney fan, though I've never played FF for myself.
Transformers especially I've looked at the Wiki so many times, I'll get into the entire lore, yes… I'm that person.

I'm told I'm very good at recreating characters from my fandoms (which I'm kind of closed off from…)

AA:
Miles Edgeworth
Klavier Gavin
Gregory Edgeworth
Godot
My AA RP.

Also_lensdan1
Scratcher
1000+ posts

CaptainVictoria wrote:

Also_lensdan1 wrote:

CaptainVictoria wrote:

I just made this mugshot for a certain custom character, and I'm fairly proud of it.

Jack Lawson, aged 15-20. He was an assistant to Gregory Edgeworth for a time before becoming old enough to get into law school.
Thanks! They're much like my own I guess, considering the nose pads, he must have oily face issues too. Lol
Oh- Pfff- He probably does. That would be a funny character quirk.

Gregory Edgeworth got stuck in Eeby Deeby.

| Hi! My name is Ren, I'm a teen boi who just likes to talk to people and make stoopdi projects on this goofy website. |
INFJ | 1w9 | RCOAI | Phlegmatic | FEVL

-My favorite Fandoms:
Final Fantasy VI-X (But my absolute favorite is VIII, which you'll see me obsess over.)
Ace Attorney
Better Call Saul
Spy X Family
Musical Theatre

-I also enjoy…
Soccer | Volleyball (I play center in both for my school!)
Underdogs on Youtube. The only 4 people on the internet I actually bother to follow lol.
Frankie Lollia also on Youtube!

A handful of my beans are here to protect my signature from evil kumquats:

Also_lensdan1
Scratcher
1000+ posts

CaptainVictoria wrote:

I've been sitting on this so long and I haven't felt like animating it or giving it any poses can someone help?
Oof- Maybe watch the anime episode with young Larry and draw out some other poses you see in him do? (I'm bad at this stuff, sorry. lol)

| Hi! My name is Ren, I'm a teen boi who just likes to talk to people and make stoopdi projects on this goofy website. |

-My favorite Fandoms:
Final Fantasy VI-X (But my absolute favorite is VIII, which you'll see me obsess over.)
Ace Attorney
Better Call Saul
Spy X Family
Musical Theatre

-I also enjoy…
Underdogs on Youtube. The only 4 people on the internet I actually bother to follow lol.

CaptainVictoria
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Also_lensdan1 wrote:

CaptainVictoria wrote:

Also_lensdan1 wrote:

CaptainVictoria wrote:

Yeah, I already decided he was a Thundercats fan (although it would have a different name in the game), so oily face sprites would be hilarious, his poses would have him constantly pushing up his glasses. Okay, not all, I don't feel that confident right now.
Maybe it'll be a variation.

AA:
Miles Edgeworth
Klavier Gavin
Gregory Edgeworth
Godot
My AA RP.

CaptainVictoria
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Also_lensdan1 wrote:

CaptainVictoria wrote:

Oof- Maybe watch the anime episode with young Larry and draw out some other poses you see in him do? (I'm bad at this stuff, sorry. lol)
Yeah, I know I made a model of him in the Gregory Edgeworth project (just updated that btw :3) but I think I always seem to get discouraged when making actual sprites. I suppose I'll make some poses off of this.

AA:
Miles Edgeworth
Klavier Gavin
Gregory Edgeworth
Godot
My AA RP.

Also_lensdan1
Scratcher
1000+ posts

CaptainVictoria wrote:

Also_lensdan1 wrote:

CaptainVictoria wrote:

Yeah, I know I made a model of him in the Gregory Edgeworth project (just updated that btw :3) but I think I always seem to get discouraged when making actual sprites. I suppose I'll make some poses off of this.
(Oh yeah! lol I know I should be commenting this on the actual project, but I love the way you drew little Dahlia! It reflects her personality PERFECTLY.) That makes sense, it's a lot different!

-My favorite Fandoms:
Ace Attorney
Better Call Saul
Spy X Family
Musical Theatre

-I also enjoy…

Also_lensdan1
Scratcher
1000+ posts

CaptainVictoria wrote:

Also_lensdan1 wrote:

CaptainVictoria wrote:

Also_lensdan1 wrote:

CaptainVictoria wrote:

Yeah, I already decided he was a Thundercats fan (although it would have a different name in the game), so oily face sprites would be hilarious, his poses would have him constantly pushing up his glasses. Okay, not all, I don't feel that confident right now.
(That'll be hilarious.) lol Yeah, maybe not ALL of them.

-My favorite Fandoms:
Ace Attorney
Better Call Saul
Spy X Family
Musical Theatre

-I also enjoy…

CaptainVictoria
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Also_lensdan1 wrote:

CaptainVictoria wrote:

Also_lensdan1 wrote:

CaptainVictoria wrote:

(Oh yeah! lol I know I should be commenting this on the actual project, but I love the way you drew little Dahlia! It reflects her personality PERFECTLY.) That makes sense, it's a lot different!
(Oh, thank you! I was hoping I would. Drawing “Dahlia but innocent” is hard work. xD)
And maybe some changes will be made to the outfit so I can better mimic the anime. I like the striped sleeveless shirt better.

AA:
Miles Edgeworth
Klavier Gavin
Gregory Edgeworth
Godot
My AA RP.

CaptainVictoria
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Also_lensdan1 wrote:

CaptainVictoria wrote:

Also_lensdan1 wrote:

CaptainVictoria wrote:

Also_lensdan1 wrote:

CaptainVictoria wrote:

(That'll be hilarious.) lol Yeah, maybe not ALL of them.
Probably some pre-animations would be just fine.

AA:
Miles Edgeworth
Klavier Gavin
Gregory Edgeworth
Godot
My AA RP.

SilKeaSilver
Scratcher
100+ posts

Does anyone have any tips for making custom sprites if I'm making a crossover between fandoms? I'm trying to put a court case from a different game into the AA art style.

The post that this signature is attached to is almost entirely composed of my disjointed ramblings at a time when I really should be asleep.

SilKea // She/her // Sleep Deprived
CaptainVictoria
Scratcher
1000+ posts

SilKeaSilver wrote:

Does anyone have any tips for making custom sprites if I'm making a crossover between fandoms? I'm trying to put a court case from a different game into the AA art style.
Well, from what I've observed, you can either start out with another character as a base for proportions, or make out your own if you're pretty skilled, I usually just pick a character with existing body proportions to go off of and from there, it's easy enough to make sprites.

Another thing to do, for the art program you're using, you need a layering system to make it look good, I'd suggest Pixlr since it's online and free, but you could also download the application if you don't feel right about it. Use Pixlr X for starting out I guess.

Something else needed is shading, make a darker color with a little more saturation here and there, and then blotch it everwhere you want within a light source, use the eraser set to approximately 40% softness and 30-50% transparency, that way you'll get a layering look out of the shanding like in-game.
For example, my sprite of Iris in a dress, AAI styled. The shadinf on her dress was achieved that way. And I think it looks fairly official.

I hope this helps.

AA:
Miles Edgeworth
Klavier Gavin
Gregory Edgeworth
Godot
My AA RP.

CaptainVictoria
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I'd like to achieve Miles Edgeworth's mini sprites from AAI2, but with the poses from AAI (i.e him dragging the suitcase, things like that). Does anyone know where I can find those? Or will I need to make them myself?

Last edited by CaptainVictoria (Dec. 4, 2022 22:26:53)

AA:
Miles Edgeworth
Klavier Gavin
Gregory Edgeworth
Godot
My AA RP.

CaptainVictoria
Scratcher
1000+ posts

I'm contemplating my sanity. All of Miles' witness poses seem to be in the same perspective as Iris' and this is what happened.

AA:
Miles Edgeworth
Klavier Gavin
Gregory Edgeworth
Godot
My AA RP.

Not_Captain
Scratcher
100+ posts

I used Google Lens on the Greggy Edgeworth sprites and it recognized him as Miles. :O
This was actually very cool. Abnormal of them to actually do something right-

No, I stand corrected, it recognized Iris as Maya.

My entire siggy has some cool stuff, make sure to scroll down…!

Pssst- they all work…!
There is a second page to Google.
How many times have you quit before clicking that second page? On that page could have been just the thing you were looking for, don't give up before looking.

-

If you ever see Gregory Edgeworth as one of the trending searches on the aceattorney.fandom wiki, chances are it was me-

Also_lensdan1
Scratcher
1000+ posts

CaptainVictoria wrote:

I'm contemplating my sanity. All of Miles' witness poses seem to be in the same perspective as Iris' and this is what happened.
Woah! She looks great!

-My favorite Fandoms:
Ace Attorney
Better Call Saul
Spy X Family
Musical Theatre

-I also enjoy…

Also_lensdan1
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Not_Captain wrote:

I used Google Lens on the Greggy Edgeworth sprites and it recognized him as Miles. :O
This was actually very cool. Abnormal of them to actually do something right-

No, I stand corrected, it recognized Iris as Maya.
lol

-My favorite Fandoms:
Ace Attorney
Better Call Saul
Spy X Family
Musical Theatre

-I also enjoy…

CaptainVictoria
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Also_lensdan1 wrote:

CaptainVictoria wrote:

Woah! She looks great!
Thanks! This is really good for me btw, I'm now wanting to make some Sara Edgeworth sprites like this. Lol Wish me luck!

AA:
Miles Edgeworth
Klavier Gavin
Gregory Edgeworth
Godot
My AA RP.

Rokosik
Scratcher
17 posts

Oh nice an ace attorney thread, I've been looking for characters to use on Attorney Online, and found a goldmine!

CaptainVictoria
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Rokosik wrote:

Oh nice an ace attorney thread, I've been looking for characters to use on Attorney Online, and found a goldmine!
Oh, cool! Would you like to share them?

AA:
Miles Edgeworth
Klavier Gavin
Gregory Edgeworth
Godot
My AA RP.