Discuss Scratch

SinanGentoo
Scratcher
100+ posts

ClipCC - A scratch mod with compiler, extension and more features

MagicCrayon9342 wrote:

Extension Store Error

Build: Canary
Thanks for the feedback! I will try to fix it in the next 24 hours.
Fixed

Last edited by SinanGentoo (March 13, 2022 02:14:16)

Hello, I’m SinanGentoo, a developer of a Scratch mod named ClipCC. ClipCC is a Scratch with compiler, third-party extensions, custom block with return and tons of features, you can try it here!
NFlex23
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Slight bug: I'm on Windows 11, yet the “operating system” reporter says “Win10”.

Not that it really matters.

Last edited by NFlex23 (March 12, 2022 15:50:13)

Help improve the Advanced Topics (Really!)
Before you create a topic:
Always search for duplicates or other similar topics before making an umbrella topic, e.g., “The Mac Topic”.
  • Is it about something you are planning on making but haven't made yet? If so, please wait to post until you have created a working prototype. This is a key factor to keeping the ATs as clean as possible.
  • The ATs aren't technical support. It is perfectly valid to ask questions about things related to programming, but not issues with external websites, apps, or devices. Most sites have their own support system; try asking there!
  • Is it related to something you are making in Scratch? (This includes OSes and other Scratch projects) If so, please post in Collaboration, Show and Tell, or another similar forum.
  • Is your topic questionably “advanced”? Try browsing the other forums to see if your topic fits better in one of those.
  • Issues with Scratch itself should be put in Bugs and Glitches.
Before you post: Is what you're posting likely to start an argument or derail the thread (e.g., browsers, operating systems)? If so, please re-think your post!

MagicCrayon9342
Scratcher
1000+ posts

NFlex23 wrote:

(#322)
Slight bug: I'm on Windows 11, yet the “operating system” reporter says “Win10”.

Not that it really matters.
That is not an issue with the detector, rather Windows itself. Most detectors detect through the NT version. Since Windows 11 still uses the 10.0 NT version, any and all software attempting to detect will say Windows 10.

NFlex23
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Also, when you click on custom reporters, a little pop-up box with the return value doesn't appear.

Always search for duplicates or other similar topics before making an umbrella topic, e.g., “The Mac Topic”.
  • Is it about something you are planning on making but haven't made yet? If so, please wait to post until you have created a working prototype. This is a key factor to keeping the ATs as clean as possible.
  • The ATs aren't technical support. It is perfectly valid to ask questions about things related to programming, but not issues with external websites, apps, or devices. Most sites have their own support system; try asking there!
  • Is it related to something you are making in Scratch? (This includes OSes and other Scratch projects) If so, please post in Collaboration, Show and Tell, or another similar forum.
  • Is your topic questionably “advanced”? Try browsing the other forums to see if your topic fits better in one of those.
Before you post: Is what you're posting likely to start an argument or derail the thread (e.g., browsers, operating systems)? If so, please re-think your post!

SinanGentoo
Scratcher
100+ posts

NFlex23 wrote:

Also, when you click on custom reporters, a little pop-up box with the return value doesn't appear.

The problem is caused by Scratch's thread scheduling system and cannot be fixed in a short time. We'll try to rewrite the VM later to fix it.
A simple temporary solution: use the join block, or store it in a variable

Last edited by SinanGentoo (March 12, 2022 23:38:19)

Hello, I’m SinanGentoo, a developer of a Scratch mod named ClipCC. ClipCC is a Scratch with compiler, third-party extensions, custom block with return and tons of features, you can try it here!
NFlex23
Scratcher
1000+ posts

SinanGentoo wrote:

(#325)

NFlex23 wrote:

The problem is caused by Scratch's thread scheduling system and cannot be fixed in a short time. We'll try to rewrite the VM later to fix it.
A simple temporary solution: use the join block, or store it in a variable
Okay, thanks for the info.

SinanGentoo
Scratcher
100+ posts

MagicCrayon9342 wrote:

Extension Store Error

Build: Canary
Fixed

MagicCrayon9342
Scratcher
1000+ posts

fr
OhMyCatBlocks should be installed by default

SinanGentoo
Scratcher
100+ posts

We're working on the new settings UI, and Here's the preview.

MagicCrayon9342
Scratcher
1000+ posts

SinanGentoo wrote:

(#329)

white on white bug, on hover

Last edited by MagicCrayon9342 (March 14, 2022 15:26:26)

SinanGentoo
Scratcher
100+ posts

MagicCrayon9342 wrote:

SinanGentoo wrote:

(#329)

white on white bug, on hover
Thanks! I'll fix it later

SinanGentoo
Scratcher
100+ posts

We are considering whether to use tauri (a new desktop platform framework written in Rust, similar to electron) to replace the electron, which can greatly reduce the size (without considering the media library, the program size is about 10MB), improve the startup speed and reduce the memory usage, but it may make the extension that needs to interact with the system take more effort to adapt it. Do you think this is acceptable?
Anyway, We have made an experimental desktop build of the tauri version available on Github, you can visit here to download the build, As one of the criteria for judging the compatibility of new desktop programs.

Last edited by SinanGentoo (March 15, 2022 13:51:01)

MagicCrayon9342
Scratcher
1000+ posts

SinanGentoo wrote:

(#332)
We are considering whether to use tauri (a new desktop platform framework written in Rust, similar to electron) to replace the electron, which can greatly reduce the size (without considering the media library, the program size is about 10MB), improve the startup speed and reduce the memory usage, but it may make the extension that needs to interact with the system take more effort to adapt it. Do you think this is acceptable?
nope, its impossible. quite literally you cant, unless you want to spend a year not seeing sunlight again.

SinanGentoo
Scratcher
100+ posts

MagicCrayon9342 wrote:

SinanGentoo wrote:

(#332)
nope, its impossible. quite literally you cant, unless you want to spend a year not seeing sunlight again.
What do you mean?

MagicCrayon9342
Scratcher
1000+ posts

SinanGentoo wrote:

(#334)

MagicCrayon9342 wrote:

SinanGentoo wrote:

(#332)
What do you mean?
If your app is HTML/CSS/JS, its impossible to port to rust.

SinanGentoo
Scratcher
100+ posts

MagicCrayon9342 wrote:

SinanGentoo wrote:

(#334)

MagicCrayon9342 wrote:

SinanGentoo wrote:

(#332)
What do you mean?
If your app is HTML/CSS/JS, its impossible to port to rust.
We have no plans to migrate web applications to Rust. In fact, tauri is just a cross-platform library. See here

ScratchcatandGobo
Scratcher
1000+ posts

The website is glitching. You cant press any buttons

Yeah, but at least we've learned something today… that every moment of our life should be lived to the fullest because it can be very long or very short, my friend. - Gumball
I felt like I wanted to develop games on here, so I won't leave! (for now)
(last edited 2/8/24)

SinanGentoo
Scratcher
100+ posts

ScratchcatandGobo wrote:

The website is glitching. You cant press any buttons
Can you provide access details such as browser and URL?

scratchsimpleproject
Scratcher
100+ posts

im rating this 7.9/10 becase httpIO doesnt work, i tought clipCC extension can be install instantly that asking to download, everythings look a like original scratch and 2.0 style almost complete but please add Two-column category menu

(removed by moderator - my dad left because i change'd a scratch API)

i cant hard play rythm game like osu

what,s wrong with windows me,vista, 8 and 11
SinanGentoo
Scratcher
100+ posts

scratchsimpleproject wrote:

im rating this 7.9/10 becase httpIO doesnt work, i tought clipCC extension can be install instantly that asking to download, everythings look a like original scratch and 2.0 style almost complete but please add Two-column category menu
Does HTTPIO not work mean that there is no way to get the content of the web page?