Discuss Scratch

PPPDUD
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Project Explorer

I'm working on a similar project called “project.json info”. It extracts the contents of a .sb3 file, removes excess assets, and details the variables and costumes of all of the sprites in the project.

Fun fact: If you have malware on a Windows NT device, it's possible that deleting system32 will severely damage the malware. It will also damage your Windows install.

Help keep this topic alive!

The rest of my signature was eaten by an evil kumquat attacked by a terrible president who ate my banana shot down this signature instead of shooting down the TikTok Cell Tower white balloon that probably had a camera bundled with it.

https://img-s-msn-com.akamaized.net/tenant/amp/entityid/AA1isnZw.img?w=800&h=435&q=60&m=2&f=jpg
Redstone1080
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Project Explorer

PPPDUD wrote:

I'm working on a similar project called “project.json info”. It extracts the contents of a .sb3 file, removes excess assets, and details the variables and costumes of all of the sprites in the project.
Please don't pull any SUIT nonsense again. Please release it under an open-source license, like AGPLv3, and release the code on GitHub instead of an exe file in the code tab.

If you don't do this, me and others will never use it.

const juniper = programmer && musician;
// my pronouns are she/her
// i am trans and bi :P
// you can call me june or juni for short but i prefer juniper
python version:
juniper = programmer and musician
# my pronouns are she/her
# i am trans and bi :P
# you can call me june or juni for short but i prefer juniper
BreadcatGames
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Project Explorer

Redstone1080 wrote:

PPPDUD wrote:

Please don't pull any SUIT nonsense again. Please release it under an open-source license, like AGPLv3, and release the code on GitHub instead of an exe file in the code tab.

If you don't do this, me and others will never use it.
The only stuff @PPPDUD has open sourced are pretty much the numerous 30 line python scripts that they made
ajskateboarder
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Project Explorer

BreadcatGames wrote:

The only stuff @PPPDUD has open sourced are pretty much the numerous 30 line python scripts that they made
Even SUIT is closed-source, and that is basically 20 loc
BreadcatGames
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Project Explorer

ajskateboarder wrote:

BreadcatGames wrote:

Yeah, but it has caching! Revolutionary! /s
ZZC12345
Scratcher
500+ posts

Project Explorer

CST1229 wrote:

Version 1.5.4 Changelog
  • Slightly reword the “not affiliated with Scratch” sentence on the about page
  • Prepare for April Fools Day…

(side post:)

CST1229 wrote:

(#19)
Probably not, as that would require me to bundle a zipping library.
That uhh… didn't age well. (JSZip is bundled since 1.5.0, for extracting .sb3s for file uploads.)
You didn't even need to bundle it – just `import()` it from JsDelivr or esm.sh or something (assuming you're using ESM).
EDIT: what in the world:

(src)
// Import JSZip
import "../lib/jszip.min.js";
const JSZip = window.JSZip;
delete window.JSZip;
Why not:
import JSZip from "https://esm.sh/jszip@3";
or even better, use import maps (73.93% compat, all major browsers - no IE :( ) and boil it down to
import JSZip from "jszip";
without a bundler!

Last edited by ZZC12345 (March 31, 2023 11:38:16)

This is my signature. Go check out my GitHub if you want to!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Make sure to check out these cool projects, written in real code! (outdated, sorry)
Aviate - Itinerary - Scratch Auth - Orange OS Linux Distro - ocular - Leopard - PyHelp - My GitHub
CST1229
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Project Explorer

ZZC12345 wrote:

(#66)

CST1229 wrote:

Version 1.5.4 Changelog
  • Slightly reword the “not affiliated with Scratch” sentence on the about page
  • Prepare for April Fools Day…

(side post:)

CST1229 wrote:

(#19)
Probably not, as that would require me to bundle a zipping library.
That uhh… didn't age well. (JSZip is bundled since 1.5.0, for extracting .sb3s for file uploads.)
You didn't even need to bundle it – just `import()` it from JsDelivr or esm.sh or something (assuming you're using ESM).
EDIT: what in the world:

(src)
// Import JSZip
import "../lib/jszip.min.js";
const JSZip = window.JSZip;
delete window.JSZip;
Why not:
import JSZip from "https://esm.sh/jszip@3";
or even better, use import maps (73.93% compat, all major browsers - no IE :( ) and boil it down to
import JSZip from "jszip";
without a bundler!

1. I didn't know (or maybe just forgot) that an ESM version/conversion of JSZip existed, and for whatever reason I felt like including the library in the repo back then instead of using a CDN (even though IIRC Vue is served from one).
2. I think the URL is only imported in one place, I don't really want to add 2 <script> tags (1 for index, 1 for 404) just so i can import JSZip through jszip.

Last edited by CST1229 (March 31, 2023 12:24:25)

This is a signature. It's a piece of text that appears below every post I write. Click here to learn more, including how to make your own.
RIP assets image hosting. 2013?-2023

PPPDUD
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Project Explorer

ajskateboarder wrote:

BreadcatGames wrote:

This program is two times the length, no worries .

Fun fact: If you have malware on a Windows NT device, it's possible that deleting system32 will severely damage the malware. It will also damage your Windows install.

Help keep this topic alive!

The rest of my signature was eaten by an evil kumquat attacked by a terrible president who ate my banana shot down this signature instead of shooting down the TikTok Cell Tower white balloon that probably had a camera bundled with it.

https://img-s-msn-com.akamaized.net/tenant/amp/entityid/AA1isnZw.img?w=800&h=435&q=60&m=2&f=jpg
Redstone1080
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Project Explorer

PPPDUD wrote:

ajskateboarder wrote:

BreadcatGames wrote:

This program is two times the length, no worries .
So 40 loc? Cmon, thats still not enough. My very basic ***cord bot has >250 loc, and thats just in the main.py file.

Last edited by Redstone1080 (March 31, 2023 21:38:14)

const juniper = programmer && musician;
// my pronouns are she/her
// i am trans and bi :P
// you can call me june or juni for short but i prefer juniper
python version:
juniper = programmer and musician
# my pronouns are she/her
# i am trans and bi :P
# you can call me june or juni for short but i prefer juniper