Discuss Scratch

Jolia_RKW
Scratcher
1000+ posts

✨Defenestration Shoppe✨Hiring ✨Reviews, Banners, & More!✨

Hello!
This is an important announcement from your federation!
The November Event - Best Banner
is now active!
This event runs until the 29th November, with loads of potential awards and fun! And although the name says ‘banner’ you can make a thumbnail too! Please see this post for all the information

SaitamaGTOPM
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Hello! We hope you're having a great day. This is the shop review ordered from the Happy Shop.

We will review and score your shop with a rating of 1 to 10 in the following sections:
•Front Page
•Other Pages
•Forms
Let's begin.

Front Page: 10/10
Your front page is very well-ordered and organized! It is colorful and lively! I love the BBcode colors and the symbols! There's nothing to add!

Other Pages: 10/10
The other pages are proper and relevant. You might want to change the rules up a bit, though.

Forms: 9/10
Forms stand out and are easy to access. They are detailed and comprehensible. A deadline should be added to the ordering form.

We hope this review helps you out and benefits both you and this magical shop. We encourage you to leave us a review using the review form. Enjoy the rest of your day!

SaitamaGTOPM
Happy Shop Owner & Employee

saitama - argentinian - she/her

i like playing videogames and coding and eating good food

Also, yay, 1000 posts! *Insert sad confetti*
_AshAnimates_
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Bump banner redesigned by banananology from the original banner by Jolia_RWK, and image hosted by ErniDooDaa.

Oops, my siggy is too big. Hit ctrl + shift + down to read it all!

Hi! I'm Ash/Asher/Ashly, a para-nonbinary scratcher. I use all pronouns when online(though I prefer xe/xem).

I have 961 posts! (Updated February 24th 2022 at 6:55 am)

banananology
Scratcher
100+ posts

Project Review For Jolia_RKW
This is a project review from the Defenestration Shoppe. We will be rating your project in 4 categories. Let's begin!
Initial Look: 7/10
The project does not appear to have a thumbnail. However, your instructions and notes and credits are very clear and in a friendly tone.
Art: 9/10
The art is detailed enough to be unique, while simplified enough to be visually appealing. I quite enjoyed the variety of different backgrounds.
Features: 8.8/10
There are nice forward and back buttons, as one would expect of a decent icon (or in this case hand) creator. It would be nice if you added a save code system, so people could share their amazing variety of hands!
Little Knick Knacks: 9.5/10
The background effect was a nice touch. It would be cool if the buttons changed color when the mouse hovered over them, like real buttons on a computer. It could even display a little piece of text, such as ‘Back’ or ‘Forward’ when the mouse hovers over it, but that could get messy. Anyway, I'm sure users will also appreciate that the image when they hit the check mark is cropped to the size of a profile picture, so all the user has to do is crop it to where the line is.

Disclawmer: I am not new to the forums. I moved accounts from Queer_Royalty.

Hello there! Welcome to the giant, mostly blank page with boring, black text that currently is my signature! Banana typing…

Welcome to my weird uncreative rainbow signature!

Yes, I know “anology” is spelled wrong.

Dum de dum dum, de deeee dum, dum de dum dum dum dum. Dum de dum dum, dum dum dum dum, dum dum. Dum dum dum, du dum dum, du du dum dumb, da dum.

Gymnastics Moments

Me: I'm bored.
Pigeon: Here, allow me.
Pigeon: *flies through the open door and crashes into a window*
Pigeon: I believe I can fly! I believe I can touch the sky!

Me: *dabs*
My coach: I am not leaving until you learn this routine.

My coach: For goodness sake, *my first name,* it's not rocket science to learn a routine!
Me: I would rather be doing rocket science.
My coach: Why do you do gymnastics?
Me: *speechless* Idk.

banananology
Scratcher
100+ posts

SaitamaGTOPM wrote:

Awesome Review
Tysm! I will definitely work on that. I completely forgot the deadline thing lol.

Hello there! Welcome to the giant, mostly blank page with boring, black text that currently is my signature! Banana typing…

Dum de dum dum, de deeee dum, dum de dum dum dum dum. Dum de dum dum, dum dum dum dum, dum dum. Dum dum dum, du dum dum, du du dum dumb, da dum.

Gymnastics Moments

My coach: For goodness sake, *my first name,* it's not rocket science to learn a routine!

Jolia_RKW
Scratcher
1000+ posts

banananology wrote:

Project Review For Jolia_RKW
This is a project review from the Defenestration Shoppe. We will be rating your project in 4 categories. Let's begin!
Initial Look: 7/10
The project does not appear to have a thumbnail. However, your instructions and notes and credits are very clear and in a friendly tone.
Art: 9/10
The art is detailed enough to be unique, while simplified enough to be visually appealing. I quite enjoyed the variety of different backgrounds.
Features: 8.8/10
There are nice forward and back buttons, as one would expect of a decent icon (or in this case hand) creator. It would be nice if you added a save code system, so people could share their amazing variety of hands!
Little Knick Knacks: 9.5/10
The background effect was a nice touch. It would be cool if the buttons changed color when the mouse hovered over them, like real buttons on a computer. It could even display a little piece of text, such as ‘Back’ or ‘Forward’ when the mouse hovers over it, but that could get messy. Anyway, I'm sure users will also appreciate that the image when they hit the check mark is cropped to the size of a profile picture, so all the user has to do is crop it to where the line is.
Wow that's awesome! One in-depth review coming right up

Jolia_RKW
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Review for the Defenestration Shoppe
This review was completed by Jolia from the тнε Wнıтε Tıɢεя Fεᴅεяαтıσп for this shop and uses their official colour/s
First Look 10/10
The title is amazing! Your front page is lovely! I love the fact you've included the definition for the word Defenestration because it genuinely helps and is unique! You have a wonderful colour scheme and I love the style of your directory and organisation technique.
BBCode Formatting 9/10
One thing I love: the way each page has a special little symbol/emoji by it in the directory it gives the shop so much character! However I don't believe you need the separating line in-between the directory and rest of the post and some quotes seem unnecessary
Product Quality 10/10
compared to other project reviews it's sooooo in-depth and amazing!
Speed 10/10
No improvements!
Customer Service 10/10
Amazing!
Accessibility 8/10
You have a resources page and log which is great! However you should add your shop banner and perhaps a UOC/Activity Check template
Overall 92/100
A few things to improve and make your shop even better would be:
  • Add your shop banner, and maybe a UOC/Activity Check template to the resources page
  • Remove the separating line and check your quote boxes aren't excessive
We hope this review helps you! Please give us feedback on our thread using the feedback form here

banananology
Scratcher
100+ posts

Bump banner redesigned by me from the original banner by Jolia_RWK, and image hosted by ErniDooDaa.

Gymnastics Moments

cs4233117
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Username: cs4233117
What you want: Banner (This order is for the review from Federation+)
Description: Make it space theme
Color(s): space theme
Deadline: 2 days
Other Detail(s):n/a

~ Use highlight + ctrl + shift +down ~

Historic Stuff:
Potato Shop
& Lightning Studios 3.0
Also the SCA siggy button (design) was made by incompletesentenc-
banananology
Scratcher
100+ posts

cs4233117 wrote:

Taken!

Gymnastics Moments

cs4233117
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Federation+ Defenestration Shoppe (Preview)
I will be using black/white/grey for this because it fit's the shop theme. Note, you can get extra points for creativity.
First Look (9/10)The shop has a good impression when you first look at it, and the background for the shop banner is amazing as it has a marble table pattern, and the text blends in really well with the background. You could make the banner a little brighter as it's hard to see especially for people who like getting up at a random time at night and use Scratch.
Originality (12/10)I really like how the shop if based off 1 word; “Defenestration” which gives 100% a different vibe than other shops, basing off of nouns that are generally used in everyday life.
Staff (2/10)You seem to be the only worker with one other at the shop right now. I suggest partnering with other shops so more people will find your shop and visit it.
BBCode (10/10)The BBCode is amazing! It shows a perfect skill and knowledge of the practice. Although, the brown looks a bit too light than what you would see. I would suggest using this website; website. If I look at it correctly the color you are using is Russet, which is the Scratch default.
Product Quality (nan/10)Currently this section can't be completed because order is not done.
Speed (nan/10)Currently this section can't be completed because order is not done.
Customer Service (9/10)You were really nice when taking my order! To make it clear, you could also notify the customer on their profile if they have their profile comments on, if not just notify them on the forums
Partnerships (9/10)You have a good amount of partnerships, which will help your federation to grow. My advice is to try and advertise your shop as much as you can. If I recall, the White Tiger Federation has a place for ads. Shops count as 1 point, federations count as 2 points.
Other Orders (10/10)So far, you have had positive quotes from other orders.
61% - Preview Review
Suggestions:
  • Change the brown to be coffee or coco. In my opinion coffee looks like the better choice.
  • Get more staff!
  • Notify customers on both their profile AND the forums!

Historic Stuff:
Potato Shop
& Lightning Studios 3.0
banananology
Scratcher
100+ posts

banananology wrote:

cs4233117 wrote:

Taken!
Your order has been completed and is in the process of being image hosted by another shop.

cs4233117 wrote:

-snip of amazing review-
Wow, thanks! I'll definitely consider those suggestions. Btw I am not the only staff member; _AshAnimates_ also works here.

Gymnastics Moments

banananology
Scratcher
100+ posts

banananology wrote:

banananology wrote:

cs4233117 wrote:

Taken!
Your order has been completed and is in the process of being image hosted by another shop.
Your order is ready!

Thanks to The Super Skill Store for hosting it.

Gymnastics Moments

cs4233117
Scratcher
1000+ posts

banananology wrote:

Wow, thanks! I'll definitely consider those suggestions. Btw I am not the only staff member; _AshAnimates_ also works here.
That's why I said Your the only worker with one other.
REVISED REVIEW:
Federation+ Defenestration Shoppe
I will be using black/white/grey for this because it fit's the shop theme. Note, you can get extra points for creativity.
First Look (9/10)The shop has a good impression when you first look at it, and the background for the shop banner is amazing as it has a marble table pattern, and the text blends in really well with the background. You could make the banner a little brighter as it's hard to see especially for people who like getting up at a random time at night and use Scratch.
Originality (12/10)I really like how the shop if based off 1 word; “Defenestration” which gives 100% a different vibe than other shops, basing off of nouns that are generally used in everyday life.
Staff (2/10)You seem to be the only worker with one other at the shop right now. I suggest partnering with other shops so more people will find your shop and visit it.
BBCode (10/10)The BBCode is amazing! It shows a perfect skill and knowledge of the practice. Although, the brown looks a bit too light than what you would see. I would suggest using this website; website. If I look at it correctly the color you are using is Russet, which is the Scratch default.
Product Quality (9/10)THe banner is amazing, and it added gif without asking which gives a better review. The only thing about this is how the gif moves really fast. I would have the delay time to be 3-5 seconds.
Speed (19/20)Speed is divided up into 2 categories; Taken Order Speed and Completed Order Speed. For the Taken Order Speed, the score is 10/20 which is a perfect score! For the Completed Order Speed it's a. 9.5/20 as you should try an have everything completed at the shop itself, but that's only if you can image host/using scratch assets.
Customer Service (9/10)You were really nice when taking my order! To make it clear, you could also notify the customer on their profile if they have their profile comments on, if not just notify them on the forums
Partnerships (9/10)You have a good amount of partnerships, which will help your federation to grow. My advice is to try and advertise your shop as much as you can. If I recall, the White Tiger Federation has a place for ads. Shops count as 1 point, federations count as 2 points.
Other Orders (10/10)So far, you have had positive quotes from other orders.
89% - Amazing Start!
Suggestions:
  • Change the brown to be coffee or coco. In my opinion coffee looks like the better choice.
  • Get more staff!
  • Notify customers on both their profile AND the forums when their order is taken and done!

Historic Stuff:
Potato Shop
& Lightning Studios 3.0
banananology
Scratcher
100+ posts

Bump banner redesigned by me from the original banner by Jolia_RWK, and image hosted by ErniDooDaa.

Gymnastics Moments

ScratchPony792
Scratcher
100+ posts

Hello, I would like to join the shop. I do bitmap art and am working on a project shop design

this image was hosted and idk what to do with it
thanks @GrilledCheeseBurrito
banananology
Scratcher
100+ posts

Bump banner redesigned by banananology from the original banner by Jolia_RWK, and image hosted by ErniDooDaa.

Gymnastics Moments

_AshAnimates_
Scratcher
1000+ posts

ScratchPony792 wrote:

Hello, I would like to join the shop. I do bitmap art and am working on a project shop design
Hi. You must fill out the form to join.

Oops, my siggy is too big. Hit ctrl + shift + down to read it all!

Hi! I'm Ash/Asher/Ashly, a para-nonbinary scratcher. I use all pronouns when online(though I prefer xe/xem).

I have 961 posts! (Updated February 24th 2022 at 6:55 am)

ScratchPony792
Scratcher
100+ posts

Username (IDK):
Department (Art):
None as I am new to shops:
Are you following this topic (I assume i must to get accepted, so yes):
Other(s):

this image was hosted and idk what to do with it
thanks @GrilledCheeseBurrito
banananology
Scratcher
100+ posts

ScratchPony792 wrote:

Username (IDK):
Department (Art):
None as I am new to shops:
Are you following this topic (I assume i must to get accepted, so yes):
Other(s):
Accepted! Since you are pretty new to shops, I'll give you a test order to get a feel for how things work:
Username: ilovefoxes
What you want: a bitmap drawing of a fox
Description: should have black round glasses, other than that freestyle it
Color(s): be creative! i would like it if it weren't in standard fox colors (orange, white).
Deadline: 11/20/21 (November 20th, 2021) (8 days from now)
Other Detail(s): N/A

Gymnastics Moments