Discuss Scratch

-seiun
Scratcher
500+ posts

Science Fiction Cabin Discussion

bodi3 wrote:

Perhaps could you share a turbowarp link? Or is it the same one as before? (Also, which sprite are we talking about? )
It's the same link as before, but I'll repost it https://turbowarp.org/582638060/editor/

The code is on the sprite labelled “profile question thing” I'll add some comments around so you know where the broadcast is being broadcasted to

Just your average weirdo in high school with big dreams (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
-seiun
Scratcher
500+ posts

Fun fact, I just looked at all the cabins followers and Sci-Fi seems to have the most with 35 :D. The second most is 28

26friedland
Scratcher
500+ posts

-seiun wrote:

Fun fact, I just looked at all the cabins followers and Sci-Fi seems to have the most with 35 :D. The second most is 28
GO USSSS

ayy i'm LJ!
⤷ hamilton | in the heights | dear evan hansen | be more chill | into the woods | wicked | six | encanto | the two princes | wtnv | star wars | mcu | hadestown | and andrey isn't here
⤷ sorcery of thorns | kotlc | lemony snicket | hp | grishaverse | riordanverse (& pjo musical) | tyme series | matilda | one and only ivan | wayside school | the parker inheritance | ms. bixby's last day | httyd | remarkable journey of coyote sunrise | berrybrook middle school | tiffany aching |
⤷ ✰ soccer player ✰ violinist ✰ ravenclaw ✰ writer ✰ bookdragon ✰ theatre kid ✰ all hail the glow cloud ✰

◈◈ #realfiftw ◈◈
-seiun
Scratcher
500+ posts

I was amazed that our cabin has the most followers-

-seiun
Scratcher
500+ posts

Oddly quiet here O.o Is it me or are notifications from this forum not showing in the inbox?

qhostsonq
Scratcher
100+ posts

-seiun wrote:

Oddly quiet here O.o Is it me or are notifications from this forum not showing in the inbox?
It's showing up in mine, but Scratch is glitchy lately

heyo
bodi3
Scratcher
100+ posts

-seiun wrote:

I'll break the quiet very soon by sending the edit options But before that, let me talk to Faer about that spinoff sibling storyline I was making for the Cryptic Cabins

┊┊┊┊⋆ ✧    ·   ✧ ✵
┊┊┊☆ *   * ⋆
┊┊★ *  ❝When you can run but can't hide,
┊┊* . * ✦ keep running until you find courage to
┊☆ ° ✧          Fight Back.❞ - bodi3
★*
-seiun
Scratcher
500+ posts

Oh btw, I fixed the glitchy thing in the project! I took out part and separated it into two sprites and now it's working fine

-seiun
Scratcher
500+ posts

qhostsonq wrote:

It's showing up in mine, but Scratch is glitchy lately
Yup, quite buggy

bodi3
Scratcher
100+ posts

-seiun wrote:

Oh btw, I fixed the glitchy thing in the project! I took out part and separated it into two sprites and now it's working fine
Phew! I'm sorry for not being able to help you out with it, I just took one look and my brains went crazy
Btw, Faer gave me permission to beautify the desc of the Cryptic Siblings' Hangout, now I'm working on a weird storyline cuz I felt like that would be better than nothing

┊┊┊┊⋆ ✧    ·   ✧ ✵
┊┊┊☆ *   * ⋆
★*
qhostsonq
Scratcher
100+ posts

bodi3 wrote:

-seiun wrote:

Phew! I'm sorry for not being able to help you out with it, I just took one look and my brains went crazy
Btw, Faer gave me permission to beautify the desc of the Cryptic Siblings' Hangout, now I'm working on a weird storyline cuz I felt like that would be better than nothing
It looks great so far! I love the storyline, and the different cabins helping out in their own unique ways. <3

heyo
qhostsonq
Scratcher
100+ posts

The trailer is 56th in All =0000

heyo
26friedland
Scratcher
500+ posts

qhostsonq wrote:

The trailer is 56th in All =0000
WOW! that's rly impressive

ayy i'm LJ!
⤷ hamilton | in the heights | dear evan hansen | be more chill | into the woods | wicked | six | encanto | the two princes | wtnv | star wars | mcu | hadestown | and andrey isn't here
⤷ sorcery of thorns | kotlc | lemony snicket | hp | grishaverse | riordanverse (& pjo musical) | tyme series | matilda | one and only ivan | wayside school | the parker inheritance | ms. bixby's last day | httyd | remarkable journey of coyote sunrise | berrybrook middle school | tiffany aching |
⤷ ✰ soccer player ✰ violinist ✰ ravenclaw ✰ writer ✰ bookdragon ✰ theatre kid ✰ all hail the glow cloud ✰

◈◈ #realfiftw ◈◈
bodi3
Scratcher
100+ posts

qhostsonq wrote:

It looks great so far! I love the storyline, and the different cabins helping out in their own unique ways. <3

Thanks!

Also, I'm sorry this took rlly long. I've been rather busy. But here are the effects that I came up with. These haven't been finalized, so feel free to let me know if some of the 4 effects I added don't match with our cabin's theme. https://turbowarp.org/589666163/

And as for the shading, I will be focusing on lighting. As in side lighting, frontal lighting, back lighting and such. I will share a sample project for it too

┊┊┊┊⋆ ✧    ·   ✧ ✵
┊┊┊☆ *   * ⋆
★*
-seiun
Scratcher
500+ posts

bodi3 wrote:

https://turbowarp.org/589666163/
Coolio :0 The rainbow one seems to kinda clash with Banana's clothes though

bodi3
Scratcher
100+ posts

-seiun wrote:

bodi3 wrote:

https://turbowarp.org/589666163/
Coolio :0 The rainbow one seems to kinda clash with Banana's clothes though
Yeah I thought so too. Perhaps we could use that one only with characters that have brighter clothes? (The rainbow used to look even more intense lol I had to tone it down a little bit. I can tone it down a bit more if that's better)

┊┊┊┊⋆ ✧    ·   ✧ ✵
┊┊┊☆ *   * ⋆
★*
-seiun
Scratcher
500+ posts

I know this is a bit earlier than planned, but I'll be giving host to Misty in a bit. I'm a little (quite) stressed out from exam preparation and want to spend more time on it than on Scratch (which at this point is kind of addictive). I'll just leave Misty as host until I'm done with my exams (the 12th). I'll be back in physical school starting the 15th so I'll see if I would be able to remain host during the remainder of SWC from the 15th onwards. If things don't work out, Misty will be studio host this whole session (alternating with LJ if she'd like). I would give Banana a chance but her midnight UTC in her time zone is quite early (about 5:30 am) and people might find it weird if an honorary member is a studio host instead of one of the leaders.

After the 12th, Misty could also possibly give host to me on the weekends, then she'll be the host on weekdays (in my time :P

qhostsonq
Scratcher
100+ posts

-seiun wrote:

I know this is a bit earlier than planned, but I'll be giving host to Misty in a bit. I'm a little (quite) stressed out from exam preparation and want to spend more time on it than on Scratch (which at this point is kind of addictive). I'll just leave Misty as host until I'm done with my exams (the 12th). I'll be back in physical school starting the 15th so I'll see if I would be able to remain host during the remainder of SWC from the 15th onwards. If things don't work out, Misty will be studio host this whole session (alternating with LJ if she'd like). I would give Banana a chance but her midnight UTC in her time zone is quite early (about 5:30 am) and people might find it weird if an honorary member is a studio host instead of one of the leaders.

After the 12th, Misty could also possibly give host to me on the weekends, then she'll be the host on weekdays (in my time :P
Thanks Aria, I hope your exams go well. I know how those can be!
LJ and I can probably work things out if worst comes :)

heyo
26friedland
Scratcher
500+ posts

yeah, i don't think it's a good idea to rely on me for timely changes of stuff in the main sci-fi cabin, but i can definitely help out with problem solving and aria, do you need someone to take over your word count studio for the first 15 days (or longer?) bc i could probably do that, it might be too hard for misty to do that and the main sci fi cabin and i can update words once a day or so pretty reliably

ayy i'm LJ!

◈◈ #realfiftw ◈◈
qhostsonq
Scratcher
100+ posts

26friedland wrote:

yeah, i don't think it's a good idea to rely on me for timely changes of stuff in the main sci-fi cabin, but i can definitely help out with problem solving and aria, do you need someone to take over your word count studio for the first 15 days (or longer?) bc i could probably do that, it might be too hard for misty to do that and the main sci fi cabin and i can update words once a day or so pretty reliably
That would be much to hard for me to do lol

edit: also, aria, should we come up with the rest of the prizes?
like personal critiques from us leaders/banana, more art, etc.

Last edited by qhostsonq (Oct. 26, 2021 21:02:32)

heyo