Discuss Scratch

qhostsonq
Scratcher
100+ posts

Science Fiction Cabin Discussion

-seiun wrote:

snip the rest of this

qhostsonq wrote:

And I'm down for the 10-part machine thing, it sounds cool and very collaborative

Then regarding the parts and machine are we using a few separate machines or one whole big thing?
Maybe like separate machines to create one big machine? Hmmm….

heyo
-seiun
Scratcher
500+ posts

qhostsonq wrote:

Can I also offer to do aesthetic cabin desc layout? Idk

If you do it, is it possible to make it aesthetically sci-fi? xD Also, try to keep the default studio font because using a different font would be a little inconvenient-

Everyone's thumbnails look good! As part our matching pfps, I'm drawing the three of us in one drawing, so it's also a potential cabin thumbnail xD Btw, LJ, could I have your OC ref?

Just your average weirdo in high school with big dreams (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧
qhostsonq
Scratcher
100+ posts

-seiun wrote:

qhostsonq wrote:

If you do it, is it possible to make it aesthetically sci-fi? xD Also, try to keep the default studio font because using a different font would be a little inconvenient-

Everyone's thumbnails look good! As part our matching pfps, I'm drawing the three of us in one drawing, so it's also a potential cabin thumbnail xD Btw, LJ, could I have your OC ref?
I think I can :') also im not a fan of not-default font lol ill keep it default

heyo
-seiun
Scratcher
500+ posts

qhostsonq wrote:

-seiun wrote:

snip the rest of this

qhostsonq wrote:

And I'm down for the 10-part machine thing, it sounds cool and very collaborative

Then regarding the parts and machine are we using a few separate machines or one whole big thing?

Or maybe instead of separate small machines for one big one we do several components that make up the machine? So each component needs like a specific number of parts, then the finals portal needs parts AND crystals

qhostsonq
Scratcher
100+ posts

Like crystals to activate it :0

heyo
-seiun
Scratcher
500+ posts

qhostsonq wrote:

I think I can :') also im not a fan of not-default font lol ill keep it default

I'm curious to see how futuristic aesthetic will look xDD

-seiun
Scratcher
500+ posts

qhostsonq wrote:

Yeahhh :C

Since we'll have about 30 campers then according to LJ's calculations for average crystals earned throughout the month per camper, a total of 5000 crystals will be needed for parts. That means (assuming everyone buys in bulk of 60 crystals for 10 parts) a total of 1000 parts will be needed. I guess we could split it into 10 components with each needing 100 parts to complete. Then after all 10 components have been completed, 500 crystals are needed to activate it.

Did I gauge the amounts too high or too low? I have a feeling I did xDD What values would be more appropriate? :thonk:

qhostsonq
Scratcher
100+ posts

DONNEEEEEE FINALLY https://scratch.mit.edu/studios/30106533/

-seiun wrote:

qhostsonq wrote:

Yeahhh :C

Since we'll have about 30 campers then according to LJ's calculations for average crystals earned throughout the month per camper, a total of 5000 crystals will be needed for parts. That means (assuming everyone buys in bulk of 60 crystals for 10 parts) a total of 1000 parts will be needed. I guess we could split it into 10 components with each needing 100 parts to complete. Then after all 10 components have been completed, 500 crystals are needed to activate it.

Did I gauge the amounts too high or too low? I have a feeling I did xDD What values would be more appropriate? :thonk:

Maybe 5 components? Like 1000 parts is a lot xD so
60 crystals for 10 parts
500 parts needed
3000 crystals in total

Last edited by qhostsonq (Sept. 22, 2021 03:56:26)

heyo
26friedland
Scratcher
500+ posts

-seiun wrote:

qhostsonq wrote:

yeah here https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/458013707/ the LJ one is my selfsona ofc xD

ayy i'm LJ!
⤷ hamilton | in the heights | dear evan hansen | be more chill | into the woods | wicked | six | encanto | the two princes | wtnv | star wars | mcu | hadestown | and andrey isn't here
⤷ sorcery of thorns | kotlc | lemony snicket | hp | grishaverse | riordanverse (& pjo musical) | tyme series | matilda | one and only ivan | wayside school | the parker inheritance | ms. bixby's last day | httyd | remarkable journey of coyote sunrise | berrybrook middle school | tiffany aching |
⤷ ✰ soccer player ✰ violinist ✰ ravenclaw ✰ writer ✰ bookdragon ✰ theatre kid ✰ all hail the glow cloud ✰

◈◈ #realfiftw ◈◈
-seiun
Scratcher
500+ posts

Okayy thanks!

26friedland
Scratcher
500+ posts

qhostsonq wrote:

what if we have the engine which is 200 parts, then the frame which is 100, the power concentrator which is 100, and then a last thing like a connector to our realm which is 100? maybe that could make it visualize-able if aria is making the project where you can see it being built xD and then the 500 after tHaT would be to activate it?

Last edited by 26friedland (Sept. 22, 2021 11:00:17)

ayy i'm LJ!
⤷ hamilton | in the heights | dear evan hansen | be more chill | into the woods | wicked | six | encanto | the two princes | wtnv | star wars | mcu | hadestown | and andrey isn't here
⤷ sorcery of thorns | kotlc | lemony snicket | hp | grishaverse | riordanverse (& pjo musical) | tyme series | matilda | one and only ivan | wayside school | the parker inheritance | ms. bixby's last day | httyd | remarkable journey of coyote sunrise | berrybrook middle school | tiffany aching |
⤷ ✰ soccer player ✰ violinist ✰ ravenclaw ✰ writer ✰ bookdragon ✰ theatre kid ✰ all hail the glow cloud ✰

◈◈ #realfiftw ◈◈
26friedland
Scratcher
500+ posts

-seiun wrote:

qhostsong wrote:

Maybe 5 components? Like 1000 parts is a lot xD so
60 crystals for 10 parts
500 parts needed
3000 crystals in total

combining with my reasoning from earlier and my separation into parts recently: if we have 30 campers and each gets 150 crystals (which is kinda a lot but also not TOO too much based on our requirements) then we'd have 4500 crystals. 60 = 10 parts so 75 parts. That's assuming everyone buys in bulk so more like 90 parts. We could make that 100 parts to push them a little.
so we could have 3 machines, each with the following components:

engine - 40 parts
frame - 15 parts
power concentrator - 25 parts
realm connector - 30 parts
activate! - 50 parts

so 3 of that?

i probably totally messed up the math lol

EDIT: I TOTALLY MESSED THE MATH UP, DO NOT USE THIS FOR REFERENCE xDD

Last edited by 26friedland (Sept. 22, 2021 19:25:25)

ayy i'm LJ!

◈◈ #realfiftw ◈◈
26friedland
Scratcher
500+ posts

also, which thumbnail are we going to use? i don't really mind if it's not mine xD

ayy i'm LJ!

◈◈ #realfiftw ◈◈
-seiun
Scratcher
500+ posts

qhostsonq wrote:

Maybe 5 components?
Like 1000 parts is a lot xD so
60 crystals for 10 parts
500 parts needed
3000 crystals in total

I think 500 would be too easy though. 3000 crystals means an average of 100 crystals per camper which is quite easy. Assuming a camper does 15 dailies, 2 weeklies, writes 25k words, and sleeps for at least 8 hours 4 days in a row, they already have 100 crystals. I changed the trades system a little so now 10 parts only costs 55 crystals too.

How about 600 parts?
55 crystals for 10 parts (assuming they purchase in bulk)
600 parts needed
700 crystals for activation
4000 crystals needed in total

That means each camper would need to contribute about an average of 133 crystals.

133 crystals can be earned by:- doing 20 dailies, 2 weeklies, sleeping for at least 8 hours 3 weeks in a row, writing 15k words, changing their reaching their word goals and joining the writing competition.

If I assume they complete all the dailies, weeklies, sleep at least 8 hours the whole month, write 100k words, change their word goals once and join the writing competition, they can actually get 348 crystals. So I think 600 parts should be fine?

Side note: If and when campers request to change their word goal after they reach the current one, make sure they raise it by at least 2k words, because if we don't implement that rule all the campers would be adding small amounts and getting crystals from us too easily.

-seiun
Scratcher
500+ posts

qhostsonq wrote:

That looks great! I incorporated it into the current cabin description. Should we call ourselves soldiers instead of leaders since we're generals and lieutenants? xD

Here's the new trade rate btw

⌬ 6 crystals → 1 part
⌬ 25 crystals → Matching pfp
⌬ 80 crystals → ???
⌬ 120 crystals → ???

Bulk trade offers:
⌬ 25 crystals → 5 parts
⌬ 55 crystals → 10 parts

-seiun
Scratcher
500+ posts

The only things left to add to the cabin desc are the storyline, leader bios (based on our characters), and links, I think. I need to check

-seiun
Scratcher
500+ posts

26friedland wrote:

-seiun wrote:

2. Cabin colours
Here are some colours: pink #bc6c81, orange #bc896c, red #bc716c
Colour palettes + gradients

looks good, i can try to make a studio thumb with that palette and if it turns out awful then someone else can try? xD
trade stuff is great as well, maybe a crystal or two for a word war to add?

Alright, so our cabin colours have been finalised then. I'll comment it in the main leader forum (we're the only cabin besides Fan-fi who hasn't commented our cabin colours yet)

qhostsonq
Scratcher
100+ posts

hey aria, like lj asked, do you get crystals for winning word wars?

heyo
26friedland
Scratcher
500+ posts

-seiun wrote:

qhostsonq wrote:

That looks great! I incorporated it into the current cabin description. Should we call ourselves soldiers instead of leaders since we're generals and lieutenants? xD

Here's the new trade rate btw

⌬ 6 crystals → 1 part
⌬ 25 crystals → Matching pfp
⌬ 80 crystals → ???
⌬ 120 crystals → ???

Bulk trade offers:
⌬ 25 crystals → 5 parts
⌬ 55 crystals → 10 parts
ok cool- have we finalized the part amounts per machine/portal? if not, here's a suggestion:

if everyone gets our 133 crystals like you said, that's almost 4000 crystals
4000 total crystals can get you roughly 70 groups of 55 (assuming everyone purchases in bulk)
that's 70 x 10 parts
700 parts would be collected total, for the whole cabin, if each camper obtained 133 crystals and purchased in bulk only

so if we have our machines/portals set up like this:

we have 7 total portals, each with 100 parts total

each one has the following components:

200 parts - engine
100 parts - frame
100 parts - power concentrator
100 parts - realm connector

ayy i'm LJ!

◈◈ #realfiftw ◈◈
-seiun
Scratcher
500+ posts

qhostsonq wrote:

hey aria, like lj asked, do you get crystals for winning word wars?

Yikes, I saw the question but forgot to respond- yesyesyes, they get 1 crystal for each word war victory