Discuss Scratch

RiverDay
Scratcher
500+ posts

How to Become A Good Scratcher, Quickly

cool_giraffe12 wrote:

I've commented on projects and forums. I've loved and faved some projects. I'm online EVERY SINGLE DAY till a fortnight (so far). I've shared 14 projects (so far). What am I missing?

why am I new scratcher still?!?!?!?
Have you shared a project?

cool_giraffe12
Scratcher
31 posts

RiverDay wrote:

cool_giraffe12 wrote:

I've commented on projects and forums. I've loved and faved some projects. I'm online EVERY SINGLE DAY till a fortnight (so far). I've shared 14 projects (so far). What am I missing?

Yes I have shared 14 of them
cool_giraffe12
Scratcher
31 posts

cool_giraffe12 wrote:

RiverDay wrote:

cool_giraffe12 wrote:

Yes I have shared 14 of them
15 actually and unshared 7
rishav300
Scratcher
32 posts

Very helpful post for new scratchers

I am a Game Developer who makes Unity games

Dot_Official01
Scratcher
3 posts

I'm new here, And my 1st account is @RGEFuentes06 , but i shared more than 2 projects but how? and btw check this out The black cat and calico cat animation series

Last edited by Dot_Official01 (Oct. 15, 2020 00:56:35)

Dot_Official01
Scratcher
3 posts

Dot_Official01 wrote:

I'm new here, And my 1st account is @RGEFuentes06 , but i shared more than 2 projects but how? and btw check this out The black cat and calico cat animation series

By my 1st account
joshuagrover23
Scratcher
20 posts

cool but stop

can i help you guys pls im 12 tho thank bye
BatManMo
Scratcher
4 posts

wow, thx for helping.
hamifan1804
Scratcher
34 posts

This is very good advice! Since I wasn't able to remember my login info for two of my accounts I had to start over with this account. Its very nice to know how I'm going to be able to become a Scratcher, and I can't wait until I can be like my other accounts again! Thank you for this topic!

Hello I'm @hamifan1804 Find me at my profile, in the discussion forums, and my IRL friend profile: @hamafam2020
superscratchmaker536
Scratcher
1000+ posts

theonlygusti wrote:

Hi, all you New Scratchers!

I made this topic for people who, just like me when I started out, couldn't wait for the Scratcher status!

But first, let's look at the difference between a Scratcher and New Scratcher:

So, What's A Scratcher?

I know you're all itching to become Scratchers, so I'll try and keep this section concise and short, but I think it's important you know what you're getting yourselves into.

At the moment, so as a New Scratcher, you will be able to:

• Talk on the forums, but have to wait 120 seconds between posts.
  • Comment on projects and profiles, but have to wait 30 seconds between comments.
  • Edit posts after the initial page load. This means that you cannot edit posts once you refresh or re-load the web page.
  • They can't post links to non-scratch sites.

But, as a Scratcher, you will then be able to:

• Talk on the forums, and only wait 60 seconds between posts.
  • Have no time restrictions on commenting.
  • Edit posts whenever you want.
  • Close your own topics, but only after 24 hours.
  • Use Cloud Data in projects!

So, how can you accelerate yourself onwards through the path to unlocking these extra features?

How To Become a Scratcher

To become a Scratcher, the Scratch Team have said “Be Active” for 2-3 weeks. But what constitutes being active? And how can I do this more quickly?

Well, according to the Scratch Wiki you have to
…have a few projects, several comments, some forum posts, and have been on Scratch for a certain length of time.

This doesn't seem like very much information, does it?

This is because the Scratch Team and Scratch Wiki want you to be as active as possible, and participate in the website as much as possible. This is, of course, the only way to become a Scratcher:

"To become a Scratcher, one must participate in the website."

And that's pretty much all there is to it.

So if you partake in as much as possible, by making projects, commenting, and discussing in the forums, you will quickly become a Scratcher.

But, for those of you who were wondering what qualifies as active participation, here you go:

• You have to share at least 2 projects. Try and make them innovative, interesting projects, don't just rush them.
  • You should comment on other projects, and love and favourite the best projects you find.
  • You must have been with Scratch for at least 2 weeks, so patience is key.
  • Visiting the forums is not a requirement, but it will help!

Now, finally, how to become a great Scratcher who people will like!

This section is really, really important, because being a Scratcher is all about being helpful to the community.

Being a Scratcher is not about the loves, the favourites or the followers. Being a Scratcher is about how much effort you put into Scratch: it doesn't matter the complexity of project you make, what matters is the creativity and fact that you did your best.By making projects that are good, you will get followers. By making projects that are original, fun and show great promise for the future, you will get followers who care.And by actively chattibng with the community, you will get friends.

There are many tutorials and also Scratch Projects that can teach you how to create great projects, but you can also learn about how to create amazing projects by clicking “See Inside” on the projects that inspired you. This way you can borrow ideas, and develop new understanding of Scratch features. But try and make the projects that inspire others, try and make the projects that will get others to click “See Inside”.

So put as much effort as possible into Scratch, try and be a better Scratcher than the next by showing involvement and personality.

Talk in the forums, congragulate people on their projects, and remember that “it's not who you are on the inside, it's what you do that defines you” (- Batman), so define yourself as a lovely, active person!

So I hope I helped you on the path to becoming an excellent Scratcher, and as forum activity will help you get there sooner, why not ask some questions in this topic?
good advice!

This post was sponsored by RAID Shadow Legends. RAID is an awesome online RPG…blah blah blah blah…use code insert code here to get a FREE 5 star hero and like, 2 coins.
BlackRune
Scratcher
1 post

Very helpful
skateskiier
Scratcher
1 post

i think i did all that and i am not a scracher
Coolcatsyeh
Scratcher
5 posts

intresting! I cant spell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
moigam
Scratcher
1000+ posts

skateskiier wrote:

i think i did all that and i am not a scracher
You are don't follow anyone and you have no followers.

We're desperately needing game designers, who will think about the lore, story and gameplay of games we will make!
Blade_9009
Scratcher
11 posts

Zarlog wrote:

FClerigo wrote:

Thanks! I will try to be a scrather!
It took me exactly two weeks to become one, and I just commented and shared a lot. (I was surprised at how little time it took!)

Good luck!
Waiting to become a scratcher

Last edited by Blade_9009 (Oct. 31, 2020 07:30:26)

Th3_R3al_D3al
Scratcher
84 posts

I love how it's all just like SUPER profound, and then there's the ULTIMATE quote. And it's by Batman.

My friends: “I don't like memes.”

Me:

Highlight my siggy and press Shift+Ctrl+Down to see the rest of it!

Did you seriously go this far?

Don't let the kumquats steal this siggy!

I am insured against kumquat siggy theft.

My siggy got stolen! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nevermind, I only misplaced it.

Why are you still here?

If you see this, quote the post that you saw this in and comment “Bro, your weird.”

Don't listen to evolution! Creation is the way!

Everything in the universe is either a duck, or not a duck.

You will forget that you saw this.
Neowise6
Scratcher
84 posts

theonlygusti wrote:

I made this topic for people who, just like me when I started out, couldn't wait for the Scratcher status!

So, What's A Scratcher?

I know you're all itching to become Scratchers, so I'll try and keep this section concise and short, but I think it's important you know what you're getting yourselves into.

• Comment on projects and profiles, but have to wait 30 seconds between comments.
  • Edit posts after the initial page load. This means that you cannot edit posts once you refresh or re-load the web page.

So, how can you accelerate yourself onwards through the path to unlocking these extra features?

To become a Scratcher, the Scratch Team have said “Be Active” for 2-3 weeks. But what constitutes being active? And how can I do this more quickly?

…have a few projects, several comments, some forum posts, and have been on Scratch for a certain length of time.

This is because the Scratch Team and Scratch Wiki want you to be as active as possible, and participate in the website as much as possible. This is, of course, the only way to become a Scratcher:

So if you partake in as much as possible, by making projects, commenting, and discussing in the forums, you will quickly become a Scratcher.

But, for those of you who were wondering what qualifies as active participation, here you go:

• You have to share at least 2 projects. Try and make them innovative, interesting projects, don't just rush them.
  • You should comment on other projects, and love and favourite the best projects you find.

This section is really, really important, because being a Scratcher is all about being helpful to the community.

Being a Scratcher is not about the loves, the favourites or the followers. Being a Scratcher is about how much effort you put into Scratch: it doesn't matter the complexity of project you make, what matters is the creativity and fact that you did your best.By making projects that are good, you will get followers. By making projects that are original, fun and show great promise for the future, you will get followers who care.And by actively chattibng with the community, you will get friends.

There are many tutorials and also Scratch Projects that can teach you how to create great projects, but you can also learn about how to create amazing projects by clicking “See Inside” on the projects that inspired you. This way you can borrow ideas, and develop new understanding of Scratch features. But try and make the projects that inspire others, try and make the projects that will get others to click “See Inside”.

So put as much effort as possible into Scratch, try and be a better Scratcher than the next by showing involvement and personality.

Talk in the forums, congragulate people on their projects, and remember that “it's not who you are on the inside, it's what you do that defines you” (- Batman), so define yourself as a lovely, active person!

So I hope I helped you on the path to becoming an excellent Scratcher
when green flag clicked
move () steps
move () steps
move () steps
move () steps
move () steps
move () steps
move () steps
move () steps
ScratchSon23
Scratcher
3 posts

theonlygusti wrote:

So, What's A Scratcher?

So I hope I helped you on the path to becoming an excellent Scratcher, and as forum activity will help you get there sooner, why not ask some questions in this topic?
this is what i get for doing scratch. yay 13 followers WITHOUT THIS!!

HootDug
Scratcher
66 posts

uhh guys how do i get scratcher my old acc is #Toto_Markus
that account is 2 years old

Follow me if ya think i helped
https://scratch.mit.edu/users/HootDug/
Lasted10
Scratcher
100+ posts

HootDug wrote:

uhh guys how do i get scratcher my old acc is #Toto_Markus
that account is 2 years old
To become a scratcher, you need to be active. You have not become a Scratcher because you haven't shared any projects/studios.