Discuss Scratch

Wei-ern_520
Scratcher
500+ posts

Clarification for new forum users.

I suggest that before posting on each forum for the first time, there should be an advised read on what is advised to do and what is not. For example, we can start on the help with scripts forum.

Here, we are encouraged to help others in a way that we answer their script problems, but not make an entire topic with no questions just to discuss with everybody else's questions. Only reply to topics that you know you can reply to, and give good and clear answers, not something like:
I don't know

Ok.

This is good

Besides that, closing a topic after getting an answered should be encouraged as to avoid necroposting. That way, it could clear up some confusion. Besides that, they are told to not post on old ones or resolved ones but to make their own new topics.

Same goes for suggestions, such as reading the TOLORS first before making a suggestions and not to make lists of suggestions when they do. Besides, they should not support or support without any constructive response.

Same should apply to other possible forums. For example, asking them to post ideas or suggestions or what they are working on in the correct forums.

Besides that, the forums should not be spammed for no reason by this:
turn ccw () degrees
turn ccw () degrees
turn ccw () degrees
Or this:
Helo. I love cats.

Still, more could be done but I'll just keep it simple for now. That way, hopefully we could clear some confusion and make the forums neater.

Last edited by Wei-ern_520 (Sept. 14, 2021 12:30:26)

Please consider checking out my suggestion ->here<-.

Hello, I’m Wei-ern_520, and I will randomly appear in your room! Just kidding, I make rpg engines.

I have no custom pfp, not because I don't know how to make one. I just don't know what suits me best, and I'm just too lazy and prefer sticking to simplicity. Or at least so. I also have the need to trip people with my profile picture. Just wait till it happens.

Fun fact: you don't clean your mess, you move it somewhere else. (Source: somewhere)

Also: Ooh, look at the cheese!
Wei-ern_520
Scratcher
500+ posts

If I made a duplicate, please let me know immediately. That way, I can close the topic as soon as possible.

Hello, I’m Wei-ern_520, and I will randomly appear in your room! Just kidding, I make rpg engines.

I have no custom pfp, not because I don't know how to make one. I just don't know what suits me best, and I'm just too lazy and prefer sticking to simplicity. Or at least so. I also have the need to trip people with my profile picture. Just wait till it happens.

Fun fact: you don't clean your mess, you move it somewhere else. (Source: somewhere)

ScolderCreations
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Large support, it's very annoying when people don't know how to use the forums.

Yellowsheep43
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Finally, a suggestion that clarifies what new forum users should do in a forum that DOESN'T force them to read the stickies.

How to use scratchblocks \ How to make your project popular \ The Do's and Do Not's of the Suggestions Forum
Highlight this and use Ctrl + Shift + Down arrow to see the rest of my signature!
My signature is an evil kumquat factory

When [Post v] :: #ffd900
if <(Kumquats available? :: #00ff7b) = <True :: #517d48> :: #d642e3> then :: #00e32d
Make evil kumquats :: #00d5ff
end
Haha invisible block go brrr :: cap :: #ffffff
Angry David

It's spelled AMONG US, not Amogus! Know the difference!

(((((I reside in the ((Questions About Scratch :: #00e8a2 stack) :: #00e8c1 stack) and ((Suggestions :: #00e8a2 stack) :: #00e8c1 stack) forums :: #ff0073) :: #ffae00) :: #ffd500) :: #00ff2a) :: #0095ff) :: #8c00ff hat
I spend a bit of time everywhere <Except the wiki :: #94634a> :: #dd00ff cap

(_/(._. v)|_ :: #0051ff) :: #55ff00 hat // This is an unnamed servant that restocks on kumquats constantly
As long as Signal (When gf clicked :: #ff0059) [given v] {
Produce Kumquats :: #08d16d
} :: #9a0f2a
I enjoy [Among Us v], [FNF v], [Roblox v], [Memes v], [Object Shows v], and [Anthropomorphic animals v]:: #08b0d1 cap

Queer_Royalty
Scratcher
1000+ posts

ScolderCreations wrote:

Large support, it's very annoying when people don't know how to use the forums.
I remember when some people who now do know how to use the forums didn't. No amount of encouraging users to read the stickies will necessarily make everyone's first post a shining miracle, but it could help some to avoid confusion.

i would like to sincerely apologize for the above post.

i am stupid, weird, worthless, and in general a bad person but at least i am decent at platformers.
Wei-ern_520
Scratcher
500+ posts

Bump. How did this get into the third page in just 8 hours?

Quantum-Cat
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Support. It wouldn't make their first post perfect, but would at least clarify some things for the future.

Notice: Everything below the solid grey line (↑↑) above is my signature and appears on every post I make. Here, it is okay for you to advertise
your projects and other creations. To create your own, scroll to the bottom of the Discussion Home page and select “change your signature”.

I aplogise if I seem a bit too serious on the forums, but I am always open to feedback on my profile.
Past PPTBF Curator || Forum Helper (TFH) || Some Python, HTML and C

————————————————————————————

————————————————————————————
Quantum-Cat
Wei-ern_520
Scratcher
500+ posts

Bump.

Wei-ern_520
Scratcher
500+ posts

Bbbuuummmppp.

2GS6
Scratcher
500+ posts

Oh yes please! As I was new to the Forums I was very confused how to use them. Also a lot of unnecessary posts could be prevented.
kat-coder
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Wei-ern_520 wrote:

I suggest that before posting on each forum for the first time, there should be an advised read on what is advised to do and what is not. For example, we can start on the help with scripts forum.

Here, we are encouraged to help others in a way that we answer their script problems, but not make an entire topic with no questions just to discuss with everybody else's questions. Besides that, closing a topic after getting an answered should be encouraged as to avoid necroposting. That way, it could clear up some confusion. Besides that, they are told to not post on old ones or resolved ones but to make their own new topics.

Same goes for suggestions, such as reading the TOLORS first before making a suggestions and not to make lists of suggestions when they do.

Same should apply to other possible forums. For example, asking them to post ideas or suggestions or what they are working on in the correct forums. Still, more could be done but I'll just keep it simple for now. That way, hopefully we could clear some confusions and make the forums neater.

Support! I always have seen new scratchers post wrong topics on the wrong forums. SEMI-SUPPORT!

-kat-coder

(1000 Posts. (✔::operators)(❌::variables)(❌)(❌)(❌) 5000 Posts! 

Useful Links:

To advertise your Scratch project, Go Here!
To play around with ScratchBlocks, Go Here!
To contact the Scratch Team, Go Here!
To check out my latest Scratch project, Go Here!
Wei-ern_520
Scratcher
500+ posts

Bump

-EmeraldThunder-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

Support, it may help people get off on a good start as forumers.

Nothing here.
han614698
Scratcher
1000+ posts

One of those things needs to be
Please don’t make posts in suggestions that say “support” or “no support” (or something similar) without a reason.

<Scratch Wikian | Forum Helper | Almost to 6000 Posts! | Please be aware I may mistype things, my wrist is fractured>

Credit to -gge for the icons in my signature | I condensed all this code into five lines using [p] tags, idk why

Wei-ern_520
Scratcher
500+ posts

han614698 wrote:

One of those things needs to be
Please don’t make posts in suggestions that say “support” or “no support” (or something similar) without a reason.
Hmm, sure, and the fact that any forum should not be spammed like this:
turn cw () degrees
turn cw () degrees
turn cw () degrees
I'll add some of these in.

cloverCat156
Scratcher
100+ posts

Support. It's annoying when I see newbies making off-topic content.

I've seen someone posting their link to their “about me” project on the suggestions forum.
I've also seen a Roblox child making useless suggestions and go off-topic when getting mad about people not supporting him.

Last edited by cloverCat156 (Sept. 12, 2021 14:04:44)

The Ice Mystery

The Ice Mystery is renewed to chapter 4, check it out now!

My Recent Projects

ItsMe-XTV-
Scratcher
100+ posts

Support, I made a QaS topic that I was complaining about the moderation for remixes, because literally every other comment had a link to their remix, yet only mine got taken down. I also said it in Blockspam

Wei-ern_520
Scratcher
500+ posts

ItsMe-XTV- wrote:

Support, I made a QaS topic that I was complaining about the moderation for remixes, because literally every other comment had a link to their remix, yet only mine got taken down.
Uh, what does this have to do with this suggestion?

Wei-ern_520
Scratcher
500+ posts

I meant to bump this one.