Discuss Scratch

boom2ratz
Scratcher
1000+ posts

MOVED

macandcheeseking wrote:

I'm going to do a Comics universe as well as the MCMU film universe since at the Moment the MCMU isn't going anywhere
I recommend you pick just one to do, juggling two is hard. I recommend you stick with comics, you can do them with less people and it takes up less time.

macandcheeseking
Scratcher
1000+ posts

MOVED

boom2ratz wrote:

macandcheeseking wrote:

I'm going to do a Comics universe as well as the MCMU film universe since at the Moment the MCMU isn't going anywhere
I recommend you pick just one to do, juggling two is hard. I recommend you stick with comics, you can do them with less people and it takes up less time.
True I probably will
Platypus_WKeyboard
Scratcher
1000+ posts

MOVED

I am working on a new pitch for GOTG 2 and I figuring out the soundtrack in one scene the guardians are escaping lady hellbenders soldier army. It will be a space battle and I wanna know with the song should I use Gimme Some Lovin' by The Spencer David Band or Back in The USSR by the Beatles. But I am leaning more into Gimme Some Lovin'

A platypus? A platypus with a keyboard? Perry the platypus with a keyboard?

About Me.

| he/him | Jewish | Writer | Comic Fan | Movie and TV fanatic | Marvel, DC, Darkhorse, Image, comics are comics! | Music is cool, I like music | Doctor Who! | Animation is tight | Also new signature!

“Do you know what kind of person becomes a psychologist? A person that wishes deep down that everyone more special than them was sick because healthy sounds so much more exciting than boring. You're average, Britta Perry. You're every kid on the playground who didn't get picked on. You're a business casual potted plant, a human white sale. You're VH1 Robocop 2 and Back to the Future 3. You're the center slice of a square cheese pizza. Actually, that sounds delicious. I'm the center slice of a square cheese pizza. You're Jim Belushi.”
- Evil Abed
-MarvelComics-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

MOVED

AnimatorsParadise wrote:

-MarvelComics- wrote:

Is Snowe still going to make Moon Knight?
No.
i'd like to replace him, then. Pitch coming later.

——————————————

Creator of the MSCU, Founding member of the MSM and Writer/Co-Director of Daredevil: Know Fear. Scratch user since 2016, now mostly retired.
boom2ratz
Scratcher
1000+ posts

MOVED

Now that a lot of films are nearing / in production, we should probably consider what we're doing for ratings. I say we use an age-based system, like the 5+, 7+, 9+ idea. It's the most practical option IMO.

-MarvelComics-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

MOVED

boom2ratz wrote:

Now that a lot of films are nearing / in production, we should probably consider what we're doing for ratings. I say we use an age-based system, like the 5+, 7+, 9+ idea. It's the most practical option IMO.
aren't rating systems banned?

——————————————

Creator of the MSCU, Founding member of the MSM and Writer/Co-Director of Daredevil: Know Fear. Scratch user since 2016, now mostly retired.
boom2ratz
Scratcher
1000+ posts

MOVED

-MarvelComics- wrote:

boom2ratz wrote:

aren't rating systems banned?
not really.

if we just say recommended age _+, that's fine

boom2ratz
Scratcher
1000+ posts

MOVED

Also, Matjam, I'm pretty sure “G-dang” isn't allowed at all. I'm not sure about “heck-ll”. I think the most you could get away with is unlimited “carp”s.

Matjam02
Scratcher
1000+ posts

MOVED

boom2ratz wrote:

Also, Matjam, I'm pretty sure “G-dang” isn't allowed at all. I'm not sure about “heck-ll”. I think the most you could get away with is unlimited “carp”s.
G-dang May not be, but Dang is, and there basically the same word I guess. Heck-ll is.

Costume 6:
https://scratch.mit.edu/projects/545248672/

Matjam02;
“Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far”
boom2ratz
Scratcher
1000+ posts

MOVED

Matjam02 wrote:

boom2ratz wrote:

G-dang May not be, but Dang is, and there basically the same word I guess. Heck-ll is.

Costume 6:
Oh, ok. I still recommend you don't use “g-dang” though, maybe just “dang”, the sentence's context would stay the same. What I'm really skeptical about though, is the cut out b—, although you technically don't say anything, it's a pretty obvious implication to a bad word.

Matjam02
Scratcher
1000+ posts

MOVED

boom2ratz wrote:

Matjam02 wrote:

boom2ratz wrote:

Costume 6:
Oh, ok. I still recommend you don't use “g-dang” though, maybe just “dang”, the sentence's context would stay the same. What I'm really skeptical about though, is the cut out b—, although you technically don't say anything, it's a pretty obvious implication to a bad word.
But it’s simple enough to go over the heads of those who don’t understand it, and those that do do.
I technically never said anything bad, I could of meant Johnny to say: “We’re The Fantastic Four Beef Man”, since I’ll cut out at the B, so it’s not as clear as possible.

Matjam02;
-MarvelComics-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

MOVED

Matjam02 wrote:

boom2ratz wrote:

Matjam02 wrote:

boom2ratz wrote:

Costume 6:
But it’s simple enough to go over the heads of those who don’t understand it, and those that do do.
I technically never said anything bad, I could of meant Johnny to say: “We’re The Fantastic Four Beef Man”, since I’ll cut out at the B, so it’s not as clear as possible.
I wouldn't take that risk. Would you really risk your project just because you want to sneak in an if-you-know-you-know joke?

——————————————

boom2ratz
Scratcher
1000+ posts

MOVED

-MarvelComics- wrote:

I wouldn't take that risk. Would you really risk your project just because you want to sneak in an if-you-know-you-know joke?
I agree…

HexagonWorld
Scratcher
1000+ posts

MOVED

-MarvelComics- wrote:

Matjam02 wrote:

boom2ratz wrote:

Matjam02 wrote:

boom2ratz wrote:

Costume 6:
Not to mention that the APMU account could get banned for that, stopping the APMU as a whole.

boom2ratz
Scratcher
1000+ posts

MOVED

HexagonWorld wrote:

Not to mention that the APMU account could get banned for that, stopping the APMU as a whole.
Hadn't thought of that; good point

-MarvelComics-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

MOVED

Moon Knight | A pitch by -MarvelComics-

Before I begin, a few notes:

- Snowe wanted Fisk to escape prison in this movie, but to strengthen the plot of Daredevil: Devil At Bay, I'm not going to follow that plan.
- Since this project will be made simultaneously with Devil At Bay and X-23, I'm going to take advantage of that temporary control over the street-level APMU and subtly tie them all together. The effects of Fisk's defeat are still felt during this movie and X-23.
- I don't want to do a sequel to this. Maybe someone will take over MK after me, but I probably won't set up any sequel in this movie.

Characters: Moon Knight/Marc Spector/Mr. Knight/Steven Grant, Dr. Badr/Hunter's Moon, Khonshu, Bushman, Cassandra Briar, maybe Jessica Jones.
Act One:
The movie opens with a flashback of Marc Spector betraying Bushman in the desert. Bushman beats him up and leaves him dying on the sand. Marc crawls his way into an Egyptian temple, but dies anyway. Though since he died beneath a statue of the moon god Khonshu, Khonshu ressurectes Marc as his warrior, the Moon Knight. In the present day, Marc discusses his life and trauma from being a mercenary with his psychiatrist, Dr. Cassandra Briar. ( The first two acts of the movie are “narrated” by Marc's visits at his psychiatrist. ). Marc is still unaware of his DID. As Mr. Knight, who is repurposed into a detective in this movie, he gets visited by a man named Dr. Badr, who tells him about a hooded villain causing terror in the streets of New York. As Moon Knight, Marc fights another Fist Of Khonshu ( yes, there are two. It's canon in the comics now ) named Hunter's Moon. As Steven Grant, he lives a normal life which often gets interrupted by his other identities he is not aware of. Marking the end of act one, Hunter's Moon and Mr. Badr are revealed to be one of the same, implying that the hooded “villain” Mr. Knight has been chasing is actually Moon Knight. Yup, he's following the trails of his own self, and Mr. Badr set that all up for reasons the audience still doesn't know at this point.
Act Two:
As Mr. Knight follows the trail of his the things he does as Moon Knight, he gets very confused ( I'm considering making Jessica Jones assist him in this mystery ). Meanwhile, Steven Grant begins suspecting there really is something wrong with him. He searches for a psychiatrist of his own, and ends up going to Cassandra Briar, who of course immediately recognizes him as Marc, making both Marc and Steve aware that they are the same person. Dr. Badr is seen summoning Khonshu and speaking to him, revealing his motives. Khonshu is actually making Badr set Mr. Knight/Moon Knight up against themselves in an attempt to destroy his sanity completely, because Khonshu is dissatisfied with his performance as his fist. In the final scene of act two, We discover Cassandra Briar was never real, only a figment of Marc/Steven/Mr. Knight/Moon Knight's imagination. His own subconscious made Briar up to break the border between his identities.
Act Three:
Now, Marc/Steven piece it all together and discover that they are Mr. Knight and Moon Knight as well. Now, Marc is completely aware of all of his identities.
Moon Knight confronts Badr/Hunter's Moon, and defeats him almost immediately. That's when Khonshu decides to take care of Moon Knight himself. The two fight, and Marc ends up winning.
Now, Steven rebuilds his life, Moon Knight begins his quest of justice, Mr. Knight founds a charity group called The Midnight Mission, utilizing all his identities to help the citizens of New York in a more formal way.

Hope this gets accepted! It will be challenging but fun to make.

——————————————

HexagonWorld
Scratcher
1000+ posts

MOVED

-MarvelComics- wrote:

Something that would be cool is if there were different animation styles for the different personalities.

-MarvelComics-
Scratcher
1000+ posts

MOVED

HexagonWorld wrote:

-MarvelComics- wrote:

Something that would be cool is if there were different animation styles for the different personalities.
Yeah. I can imagine a gritty style for Moon Knight, a Noir style for Mr. Knight, An Egyptian esthetic for Marc and a normal style for Steven.

What did you think of the pitch as a whole, though?

——————————————

macandcheeseking
Scratcher
1000+ posts

MOVED

-MarvelComics- wrote:

Yeah. I can imagine a gritty style for Moon Knight, a Noir style for Mr. Knight, An Egyptian esthetic for Marc and a normal style for Steven. What did you think of the pitch as a whole, though?
I'm In! it's very cool
Matjam02
Scratcher
1000+ posts

MOVED

-MarvelComics- wrote:

Before I begin, a few notes:

- Snowe wanted Fisk to escape prison in this movie, but to strengthen the plot of Daredevil: Devil At Bay, I'm not going to follow that plan.
- Since this project will be made simultaneously with Devil At Bay and X-23, I'm going to take advantage of that temporary control over the street-level APMU and subtly tie them all together. The effects of Fisk's defeat are still felt during this movie and X-23.
- I don't want to do a sequel to this. Maybe someone will take over MK after me, but I probably won't set up any sequel in this movie.

Characters: Moon Knight/Marc Spector/Mr. Knight/Steven Grant, Dr. Badr/Hunter's Moon, Khonshu, Bushman, Cassandra Briar, maybe Jessica Jones.
Act One:
The movie opens with a flashback of Marc Spector betraying Bushman in the desert. Bushman beats him up and leaves him dying on the sand. Marc crawls his way into an Egyptian temple, but dies anyway. Though since he died beneath a statue of the moon god Khonshu, Khonshu ressurectes Marc as his warrior, the Moon Knight. In the present day, Marc discusses his life and trauma from being a mercenary with his psychiatrist, Dr. Cassandra Briar. ( The first two acts of the movie are “narrated” by Marc's visits at his psychiatrist. ). Marc is still unaware of his DID. As Mr. Knight, who is repurposed into a detective in this movie, he gets visited by a man named Dr. Badr, who tells him about a hooded villain causing terror in the streets of New York. As Moon Knight, Marc fights another Fist Of Khonshu ( yes, there are two. It's canon in the comics now ) named Hunter's Moon. As Steven Grant, he lives a normal life which often gets interrupted by his other identities he is not aware of. Marking the end of act one, Hunter's Moon and Mr. Badr are revealed to be one of the same, implying that the hooded “villain” Mr. Knight has been chasing is actually Moon Knight. Yup, he's following the trails of his own self, and Mr. Badr set that all up for reasons the audience still doesn't know at this point.
Act Two:
As Mr. Knight follows the trail of his the things he does as Moon Knight, he gets very confused ( I'm considering making Jessica Jones assist him in this mystery ). Meanwhile, Steven Grant begins suspecting there really is something wrong with him. He searches for a psychiatrist of his own, and ends up going to Cassandra Briar, who of course immediately recognizes him as Marc, making both Marc and Steve aware that they are the same person. Dr. Badr is seen summoning Khonshu and speaking to him, revealing his motives. Khonshu is actually making Badr set Mr. Knight/Moon Knight up against themselves in an attempt to destroy his sanity completely, because Khonshu is dissatisfied with his performance as his fist. In the final scene of act two, We discover Cassandra Briar was never real, only a figment of Marc/Steven/Mr. Knight/Moon Knight's imagination. His own subconscious made Briar up to break the border between his identities.
Act Three:
Now, Marc/Steven piece it all together and discover that they are Mr. Knight and Moon Knight as well. Now, Marc is completely aware of all of his identities.
Moon Knight confronts Badr/Hunter's Moon, and defeats him almost immediately. That's when Khonshu decides to take care of Moon Knight himself. The two fight, and Marc ends up winning.
Now, Steven rebuilds his life, Moon Knight begins his quest of justice, Mr. Knight founds a charity group called The Midnight Mission, utilizing all his identities to help the citizens of New York in a more formal way.

Hope this gets accepted! It will be challenging but fun to make
This sounds insanely good! I’m not sure about the Jessica Jones stuff and I would recommend adding Jake Lockley (his taxi driver identity) to the film, to difference it from the show which hasn’t revealed he’ll be Jake yet, but that identity is a good one which I do recommend you use.

Matjam02;